Baridi was going on a mission. What mission, you ask? A mission to find a male to fling with. She had given the word to everyone she had seen so if her children - who were grown now, but they liked to check in on her from time to time - asked where she had gone off to, they'd know. Baridi had lived in the rouge lands all her life and knew them inside and out, so there was no reason for anyone to worry about her. She wouldn't be going far, either, perhaps to the Pridelands and back. The other pride wasn't too far, perhaps a week's journey through fairly fertile lands. It would be a nice stretch of her legs, and hopefully she'd come back with cubs that could be born into the Kikombe.

Word had gotten to Taji that there was a leopard leaving for the rouge lands for a few weeks and, as was customary, he wanted to head her off to wish her well. He spotted the green leopard before she spotted him, so he called out to her in a friendly voice. "Good morning, Baridi!" he said, his voice carrying over the distance that separated them. It caused Baridi to lift her head, ears perked in interest. She smiled when she saw who it was.

"Oh, good morning, Taji," she returned as she detoured in his direction. He was the player overseer after all, it would be rude to simply walk away without stopping. "It's a wonderful day, isn't it?"

Taji nodded in agreement as they met under the shade of a tree, the Kikombe field in sight. There were already little cubs out practicing with the shell and even a few adols that wanted to stay sharp on their skills in hopes of joining a team. "It is, perfect day to set off on an adventure." He paused as he saw the look of surprise on Baridi's face, then chuckled. "Oh, come now. I know everyone in this pride, inside and out. You really think word of your adventure wouldn't have gotten to me before you?"

That made Baridi laugh softly and she nodded, ducking her head in mild embarrassment. "Yes, I know. I was just surprised since I had decided to do this today. Just a few hours ago. You'll forgive me for my shock at how quickly word spreads here."

"Oh yes, nothing to worry about," Taji said, reaching out to pat her shoulder with a large paw. "In fact, I wanted to wish you well on your quest. We always welcome cubs here, as you're fully aware." Baridi had joined them just after she had her first litter of cubs and they had all grown up in the pride. Now they had taken on rolls of their own and were helping to keep the pride strong and happy.

"Well...thank you, Taji, that's very kind," Baridi said with a little smile. It couldn't be said that Taji wasn't friendly and welcoming. The lion always wanted to know what was going on in the pride, and that was one of the many reasons he had been appointed player overseer. He cared about everyone, whether they were newborn or seeking a place to die. No matter the species, Taji was there for every single member of the pride, and it was part of the reason she wanted another litter. This place was safe, happy, and no one went hungry. On top of that, there were no slaves, no 'lesser' creatures...everyone could be who they wanted and not feel afraid.

"No problem," Taji said, removing his paw from her shoulder, a little grin on his face. "You know, if you're unsuccessful, there are plenty of males here that would be more than happy to offer their assistance if it's just a fling you're looking for."

That made Baridi laugh, and she raised a brow while fixing Taji with a pointed glance. "Oh? Are you one of them, Mr. Player Overseer?"

"I can never say no to a lady in need," Taji said with a huge bow, waving a paw in front of him to precede it. "Especially if they are as beautiful as you. It would be more than an honor should you request it."

"Oh, stop that," Baridi said with a laugh, pushing Taji's fluffy paw aside. "I thank you for your offer, Taji, I do. I'd like to try going out first to see if I can bring in some new blood. Your sons have grown too, though, have they not?" she asked, tilting her head. Taji's boys - all four of them! - had just filled out their manes the last she had seen them, which was just a day or two ago.

"Ah, yes, my boys," Taji said as he lifted his head. "They're all grown up now. It's so wonderful to see them starting to make their own teams and join others as well. My pride and joy!"

They spoke for a few minutes longer before someone called Taji away. He left with a reminder of his offer and a smile, leaving Baridi alone with her thoughts. Taji really would make a wonderful father, she thought to herself as she started off into the rouge lands. If she couldn't find someone out here, then she'd have plan B. The four sons of Taji's had all turned out wonderful, and Baridi knew their mother was much like herself: a bit silly, rather trusting, very kind, and always willing to talk to new people. But...her children with him would be leopons. She smiled at the thought as she glanced behind her once more before leaving the lands of the Kikombe.

Taji, too, glanced over his shoulder as Baridi left. He shook his head in amusement before glancing back to the hyena that was asking him a question. The leopard would be back, he knew. Hopefully she wouldn't have found anyone to help her out...he really wouldn't mind being the father to her next set of children.

FIN
WC: 1005