Welcome to Gaia! ::

Realm of the B'alam

Back to Guilds

A roleplaying and services hub for Realm of the B'alam. 

Reply [ Plots & Quests ] The Square
[I/T] Clan Bayeux - New Poll! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do any ranks seem superfluous?
  Yes, and I will tell you which one.
  Nope, you're good.
View Results

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:56 pm
This is just an Interest Thread so far!
User Image

Ajax is a warrior, a great tactician, but most importantly he is a male of great honor, and pride. He would give his life to protect the weak or the sanctity of his Champions. This is his dream..

He or she who wants a rose, must respect the thorns.

All tribes are welcome to join this clan, and each class can be taken on no matter where that B'alam lives. This clan will hopefully spread through out the territories and through out the tribes, each B'alam to act as Champions. As champions, each clan member has a responsibility to his or her fellow B'alam as much as to the oath they took.

This is also known as the Order of the Rose, as the members display a rose either on him or her self, or somewhere on the building they reside or work out of. The rose symbolizes the natural beauty of peace, as well as the thorns which keep that peace. Each color rose represents a different class.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:45 pm
How it works

As a Champion of the Bayeux, each B'alam has a part they must play. But the most important of these is respecting the laws they swear an oath to abide by, no matter where they live. To keep things fair, each tribe will have two council members elected in. If there are not enough members of a tribe to warrant a council member, then they may send a messenger. Each role is as important as the last, but they are to be handled within the tribe. If there are any disputes, or broken laws, it may be brought before the council to settle matters and/or decide fates.

Rose Chief:
Ajax

Council Members:

Earth Tribe:
-
-

Water Tribe:
-
-

Fire Tribe:
-
-

Ice Tribe:
-
-

Wind Tribe:
-
-

Light Tribe:
-
-

Dark Tribe:
-
-

Colors of the Rose: All one must do to change his or her class, is request a rose of a different color. Accept Jesters.

Cultivators: Not every region is the ideal climate for growing food for the B'alam, so it is important that those with the ability, also take on the responsibility. They provide the nourishment for the entire population, not just the clan.

Helpers: Those gifted with brawn can put their talents to good use! Every B'alam deserves a home, every crafter needs a shop, every merchant needs a way to get their goods from one place to another, ect... These B'alam are the yes-men, they enjoy lending a paw whenever it's needed.

Crafters: Makers of clothing, jewelry, trinkets, or anything they can think of! They often have a shop front for trades of goods and/or services.

Merchants: Simple yet important, they take goods from one party and sell or trade it to another. They can trade for crafters or farmers, or they can peddle their own self-made goods. But generally work for themselves. This is the best position for the B'alam with a problem with authority. They are encouraged to trade with non-Bayeux as well as Bayeux to increase the quality of life for all.

Rose Knights: Entrusted with the responsibility to keep Champions honest and stick to their oath, as well as keeping the general population of the realm safe from harm. They also serve as guards for Milintic Square. The Rose Chief is the head Rose Knight.

Diplomats: Sit on the council and are the eyes, ears and arms of the Head and the Oath they must uphold. If there is any abuse, term limits may be imposed.

Entertainers: Those that don't have a trade but would rather travel the realm telling stories, acting out scenes from fables or legends, or just bringing joy to others. It's not uncommon for them to travel around with merchants.

Jesters: Those marked by the clan as enemies or law breakers. If a Champion is demoted to a Jester, he or she must wear a black rose until they can earn their way back into the good graces of the Rose Chief.

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:53 pm
The Laws and The Oath

The Oath is taken before the tribe during Clan Members with the Council Member(s) residing over them, usually in a group setting. The laws are subject to change. As a cub, raised in the throws of the clan, comes to adulthood, he or she must take the oath as their parents watch.

Oath
"Hear my words and bear witness to my vow. Champions, and now my rose begins to grow. It shall not wilt until my death. I shall take no life, steal no lands, protect all children. I shall wear no crowns and win glory only for my clan. I shall live and die by my codes. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the Champion of my clan. I am the shield that guards the realms of B'alam. I pledge my life and honor to the Clan Bayeux for this day and all the days to come."

Laws
- Thou must treat the fellow being with respect until he or she is no longer deserving of it
- Thou must respect the sanctity of life and may not kill another
- Thou must protect the weak against the evil
- Thou shall respect the words and commands of those in a position of power
- Thou shall not steal, plunder, or commit adultry
- Thou must not bring disrespect to the clan
- Thou must carry out the commands of the Rose Chief
- Thou may not lie to the Rose Chief
- A blood oath will be will be fulfilled come death or dishonor

Punishment
Serious matters will be brought to the council meetings, but minor infractions can be settled by the council members in their own tribe. But if the outcome is detention, the Jester is brought to Milintic Square to serve his or her time in solitary confinement. The council strives for the punishment to fit the crime, while keeping in mind that an eye for an eye will leave the world blind. Here are some examples:
Severity -> Acceptable Punishment
Stolen good or service -> Serve time in servitude equal to value of stolen good at the (dignified) whim of the victim.
Lying about good or service -> Anywhere from servitude to detention
Lying to a Knight, Council-member or Rose Chief -> Detention
Breaking Blood Oath -> Depending on severity, anywhere from long term detention to death
Maiming or crippling a fellow Champion -> Must take on victim's duties and provide for his or her family until they are able to do so for themselves, then 3-6 month detention
Killing a fellow Champion without reason -> Demotion to Jester, 6-12 month detention, and must provide for the family of the victim for rest of life.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 1:13 pm
Milintic Square

The center of the Clan will be in the Endless Plains as the Rose Chief is of the Earth Tribe and it is the area of the realm every tribe can survive in, if only for a small period of time. More specifically within Milintic Square. A structure will walls built of stone blocks and the buildings inside are made of wood.

The stone walls can be walked by guards, there is a guard tower at each of the four corners as well as a large door that can be barred closed from enemy attack. Within the walls are forges for metal workers and jewelers, shops, a market, and a few homes. Even though homes of members of the clan may be anywhere in the realm and still warrant the protection of the clan.

User Image

1. Homes: The larger the home, the more prestige one is thought to have. But since the native tongue of the Champions of the Rose is humility, there is no shame in a small, humble home. The larger homes are mostly held for Earth Tribe diplomats.

1 1/2. Rose Chief's home: If there is no homes availible, visiting diplomats and or guests are welcome to stay with the Rose Chief, therefore he is entitled the largest home.

2. Caiman Creek: The creek that passes through the square gives the water tribe B'alam a sense of security and replenishment. And a clean drink is never far away. Even though the creek is not very deep in most places, there are 4 sturdy bridges to safely cross over it.

3. Town Triangle: A wooden structure built above the ground to serve as a platform so messages, small trials, and Oath Ceremonies may be heard clearly. Where all the best entertainers play out shows in groups.

4. Council / Detention Center: This building is where the council meetings take place, and where matters may be brought before them. Also where B'alam are sent for detention or to await judgement.

5. Market: Where artisans, crafters and merchants may set up shop and buyers may find what they desire.

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:49 pm
Important Info.

Titles of Respect: Those who have earned the respect of the Rose Chief are given titles or nicknames. To earn the respect of the Rose Chief he or she has to do something exemplary. Like bring a high number of Jesters to justice, or protect a group of cubs from some impending danger. Example: If Bones goes into a large battle and is not touched, she may be given a name like Bones the Untouchable. Titles will be on the official member list, but for now they will be located on 'Forms and Lists with Titles' post. To gain an IC title, you must RP with Ajax. This may be in a group setting!

Genders: The more powerful one is, the more respect they deserve. Unlike our own world, genders are truly neutral in the eyes of the Bayeux. Power of strength of an individual is based on his or her courage, tenacity, and perseverance instead of what is or is not between their legs.

Religion: Non-specific, everyone's entitled to their own opinions and are not permitted to push their views on others.

Traditions: The day of the full moon is dedicated to those first awakened. As sort of a birthday/fathers day/ mothers day celebration. There is a large feast offered at Milintic Square, but those not able to make the journey are expected to celebrate bringing great honor to those first awoken in their own ways at home. This is also the day entertainers are in highest demand.

Tattoos: Playing with the idea of tattoos being awarded to display Titles of Honor.

Displaying the Rose: THIS IS OPTIONAL TO HAVE DONE TO YOUR B'ALAM, just in RP. Please remember there's nothing special about this form or this clan, the edits are just for fun. Receiving edits will not make your B'alam any more or less special. The staff will not take them over any other edits, they will make no special exceptions.
Below is a form you can post in a mini-shop, as long as slots are open. Since LYJ is the only one with a shop currently, below is the form for her
thread. Delete all of the italicized before you post.
[quote="Little Yellow Jacket"]Edit me!![/quote]
â–º [b]Your B'alam:[/b] Name | [URL=]Uncerted Image[/URL]
â–º [b]Item(s):[/b] [i]Choose an item and placement, I've provided some examples[/i]
[color=white]xxx[/color]• [i]Gold/Silver cuff on tail, or necklace, or leg cuff, or front paw leather bracer,[/i] with [color=]put the color of your class here[/color]
â–º [b]Special Notes:[/b]
[b]Edit type:[/b] Small or Medium

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:21 pm
Forms and Lists with Titles

Tribe: Name- Titles given by Rose Chief

Cultivators: 2

Earth Tribe:
- Jocasta
-
-

Water Tribe:
-
-

Fire Tribe:
- Anatola -The Firey Farmer
-
-

Ice Tribe:
-
-

Wind Tribe:
-
-

Light Tribe:
-
-

Dark Tribe:
-
-

Helpers: 1

Earth Tribe:
-
-

Water Tribe:
-
-

Fire Tribe:
-
-

Ice Tribe:
- Styx
-
-

Wind Tribe:
-
-

Light Tribe:
-
-

Dark Tribe:
-
-

Crafters: 3

Earth Tribe:
- Sunow -Rose Bearer
-
-

Water Tribe:
- Sebastien
-Alani - Master of Water Elements
-
-

Fire Tribe:
-
-

Ice Tribe:
-
-

Wind Tribe:
-
-

Light Tribe:
-
-

Dark Tribe:
-
-

Merchants: 3

Earth Tribe:
- Tiramisu
-Kamala
-
-

Water Tribe:
-
-

Fire Tribe:
-
-

Ice Tribe:
-
-

Wind Tribe:
- Tarie 'Sky Dancer'
-
-

Light Tribe:
-
-

Dark Tribe:
-
-

Rose Knights: 2

Rose Chief:
Ajax

Earth Tribe:
-
-

Water Tribe:
- Aquaria
-

Fire Tribe:
-
-

Ice Tribe:
-
-

Wind Tribe:
-
-

Light Tribe:
-
-

Dark Tribe:
-
-

Entertainers: 3

Earth Tribe:
- Awiti
- Gemini
-Yahmir
-
-

Water Tribe:
-
-

Fire Tribe:
-
-

Ice Tribe:
-
-

Wind Tribe:
-
-

Light Tribe:
-
-

Dark Tribe:
-
-

Diplomats: 1

Earth Tribe:
-
-

Water Tribe:
- Buziba -The Wise Wave
-

Fire Tribe:
-
-

Ice Tribe:
-
-

Wind Tribe:
-
-

Light Tribe:
-
-

Dark Tribe:
-
-

Joining Form:

[quote="Conrad the Mighty"][/quote]
[size=17][color=#990099]I Wish To Become A Champion[/size][/color]
[url=link to uncert][img]cert[/img][/url]
[b]Name:[/b] B'alam's name
[b]Tribe:[/b]
[b]Speciality:[/b]
[b]Desired Class:[/b] [color=#A2C257]Farmer[/color], [color=#F0A804]Builder[/color], [color=#DE85B1]Crafter[/color], [color=#820BBB]Merchant[/color], [color=#C90016]Rose Knight[/color], [color=#D4AF37]Diplomat[/color], or [b][color=#00DDDD]Entertainers[/color][/b]
[b]Why?[/b]
[b]Where do you live?[/b] [i]Milintic Square is an option for all tribes, if they can live comfortably there[/i]
[b]Why do you want to join?[/b]

Changing Colors: [rank changes]

[size=17][color=#3579DC]A Rose By Any Other Name Would Smell As Sweet[/size][/color]
[quote="Conrad the Mighty"][/quote]
[b]Name:[/b] B'alam's name
[b]Tribe:[/b]
[b]Current Class:[/b] [color=#A2C257]Farmer[/color], [color=#F0A804]Builder[/color], [color=#DE85B1]Crafter[/color], [color=#820BBB]Merchant[/color], [color=#C90016]Rose Knight[/color], [color=#D4AF37]Diplomat[/color], or [b][color=#00DDDD]Entertainers[/color][/b]
[b]Desired Class:[/b] [color=#A2C257]Farmer[/color], [color=#F0A804]Builder[/color], [color=#DE85B1]Crafter[/color], [color=#820BBB]Merchant[/color], [color=#C90016]Rose Knight[/color], [color=#D4AF37]Diplomat[/color], or [b][color=#00DDDD]Entertainers[/color][/b]
[b]Reason:[/b]

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:28 pm
Sign-
ups are Open!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:29 pm
I reserve the right to change anything on here at any time.

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500
[ Plots & Quests ] The Square

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers