Welcome to Gaia! ::

Once Upon A Time.... A Multi-RP Experience

Back to Guilds

A multi-rp experience. If you want it, we have it. 

Tags: Goodkind, Sword of Truth, Role Play, Star Wars, Je'daii 

Reply Chatterbox
Playing Dress-Up Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What the hell was that noise?
That was my virgin alarm. It's programmed to go off before you do!
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Mr. Coffee. Care for some?
71%
 71%  [ 5 ]
Well it sure ain't Temple Beth Israel
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Alias Facade

Dapper Dabbler

15,250 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:55 pm
One of my other guilds does a regular Spirit Week theme (hence the Batman villains I adopted for the Bat's 75th anniversary spirit week)...

This week, they've chosen Star Trek VS Star Wars, and I really want to represent!

I'm working on putting together a Darth Maul cosplay avi, using the red markings from Infernal Spirit layered over the black skin from Death Whisperer, with my Reve Rouille's golden angry eyes... but I need some help beyond this.

A bald monk tonsure is the closest I can get to doing the head right, so I am looking for help/advice with Maul's horns. I've considered simply wearing a black hood, but haven't found one that doesn't completely obscure the coolness of the face! I'm also hoping one of you fine Force users might be willing to loan me a second Plasma Gear (just for a few days) so I can do the double-saber trick. Lastly, the best robes I've got are the Dark Monk's robe, and I'm trying to find something to wrap around my waist to represent Maul's girdle better than a Tavern Wench's Cincher...

Help me, OUAT! You're my only hope!  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:18 pm
Well... I shouldn't even help you because I'd be betraying my first love Star Trek, but I can lend you my plasma gear for a few days. Careful though, I lost my first one and this one was a gift, so if I don't get it back I will seriously hunt you down in the RP and destroy everything you hold dear. ^^ I've been meaning to get two as well, just 'cause Zara uses a saberstaff also. But that will be later!
I've found Frit's Loop has an excellent cloak that is reasonably badass and Sithlike without concealing the face, but the purple inside lining might ruin it if you're going for a Darth Maul look and you can't find a way to layer it off I have one of these too and I can let you borrow it as well if you decide to use it. Hmm, there's Antigone's Hourglass (which is a PERFECT sith cloak that I'll never be able to own ever if the price keeps going up emotion_donotwant )
I dunno about robes, but Kuro Kosode might work better for what you're doing... it kinda has a built in cincher thing. You could use it with the Midnight Oberon Cape/Hood or w/e it was called...
As for the horns... have you tried Triple Demon Horns? They look kinda Zabrak-esque...

Sorry I'm not much more help, Darth Maul is a difficult one to do with what Gaia has. But good luck!  

scuttlefish

Lady Lunatic

Tomthetank
Crew

Divine Protector

11,815 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • PvP 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:27 pm
I had one of these built awhile back..... I'll see if i cant throw something together for ya.  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:52 pm
User Image

Not the Iconic Duel of Fate on Naboo Maul but I saw this one and said "Make this one."

Though this gives me a good idea on where to work for the one you want.  

Tomthetank
Crew

Divine Protector

11,815 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • PvP 200
  • Flatterer 200

Alias Facade

Dapper Dabbler

15,250 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:54 pm
scuttlefish
Well... I shouldn't even help you because I'd be betraying my first love Star Trek, but I can lend you my plasma gear for a few days. Careful though, I lost my first one and this one was a gift, so if I don't get it back I will seriously hunt you down in the RP and destroy everything you hold dear. ^^ I've been meaning to get two as well, just 'cause Zara uses a saberstaff also. But that will be later!
I've found Frit's Loop has an excellent cloak that is reasonably badass and Sithlike without concealing the face, but the purple inside lining might ruin it if you're going for a Darth Maul look and you can't find a way to layer it off I have one of these too and I can let you borrow it as well if you decide to use it. Hmm, there's Antigone's Hourglass (which is a PERFECT sith cloak that I'll never be able to own ever if the price keeps going up emotion_donotwant )
I dunno about robes, but Kuro Kosode might work better for what you're doing... it kinda has a built in cincher thing. You could use it with the Midnight Oberon Cape/Hood or w/e it was called...
As for the horns... have you tried Triple Demon Horns? They look kinda Zabrak-esque...

Sorry I'm not much more help, Darth Maul is a difficult one to do with what Gaia has. But good luck!

Thank you so much for the loan! You also gave me some great inspiration, and this is what I've come up with so far...

What does everyone think? Any thoughts on improving it?  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:56 pm
Tomthetank
User Image

Not the Iconic Duel of Fate on Naboo Maul but I saw this one and said "Make this one."

The first image didn't work, but I always thought having a badass like maul die from simply being sliced in half at the waist (when all his internal organs and most of his nervous system were still connected) was a cop-out if you consider what Anakin survived to become Vader!  

Alias Facade

Dapper Dabbler

15,250 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Tomthetank
Crew

Divine Protector

11,815 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • PvP 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:03 pm
Alias Facade
Tomthetank
User Image

The first image didn't work, but I always thought having a badass like maul die from simply being sliced in half at the waist (when all his internal organs and most of his nervous system were still connected) was a cop-out if you consider what Anakin survived to become Vader!

http://tektek.org/av/507531 the borg one

http://tektek.org/av/507579 regularish

Yeah Maul surviving is pretty interesting, i mean he was such a great character who got so little screen time and everyone writes off as a chump since he gets killed by the padawan only after killing a master who had enough power to manifest as a force ghost....  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:05 pm
Alias Facade
scuttlefish

Thank you so much for the loan! You also gave me some great inspiration, and this is what I've come up with so far...

What does everyone think? Any thoughts on improving it?

Yeah no problem! Just make sure I get it back, or you will have one cold blooded Sith after your head!
Ooo pretty cool... though I don't think I would have used the Grim Reaper for the cloak. As you said it conceals the coolness of the face!
Have you checked out Sinister Souru for the hood? I just saw it, it could be a longshot but it fits the color scheme and it doesn't hide the face! You might be able to layer it with a cape or something.  

scuttlefish

Lady Lunatic

scuttlefish

Lady Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:10 pm
Tomthetank
Alias Facade
Tomthetank
User Image

Yeah Maul surviving is pretty interesting, i mean he was such a great character who got so little screen time and everyone writes off as a chump since he gets killed by the padawan only after killing a master who had enough power to manifest as a force ghost....

I may or may not have pre-ordered the Son of Dathomir comics... redface  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:12 pm
scuttlefish
Tomthetank
Alias Facade
Tomthetank
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Tomthetank
Crew

Divine Protector

11,815 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • PvP 200
  • Flatterer 200

Tomthetank
Crew

Divine Protector

11,815 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • PvP 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:20 pm
I shouldn't say it's interesting in him surviving since it is more or less cannonized in the clone wars, and I read a bit about him surving all the way up to after order 66 and the birth of luke and leia.  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:40 pm
Tomthetank
scuttlefish
Tomthetank
Alias Facade
Tomthetank
User Image

You, too?!  

scuttlefish

Lady Lunatic

Alias Facade

Dapper Dabbler

15,250 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:33 pm
Slight modification... it's far from perfect, but I think it captures the feel of the character pretty well, and works for a Gaiafication (without undue expendature on items I didn't already have!)

Thanks again, Scuttlefish, for the loan of the second saber! I'll be certain to get that back to you soon! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:47 pm
Alias Facade
Slight modification... it's far from perfect, but I think it captures the feel of the character pretty well, and works for a Gaiafication (without undue expendature on items I didn't already have!)

Thanks again, Scuttlefish, for the loan of the second saber! I'll be certain to get that back to you soon! mrgreen

Ooo, I actually really like this!  

scuttlefish

Lady Lunatic

Tomthetank
Crew

Divine Protector

11,815 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • PvP 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:09 pm
scuttlefish
Tomthetank
scuttlefish
Tomthetank
Alias Facade
Tomthetank
User Image

You, too?!

No i tend to uhm pirate comics
or not even know they exist like in this case  
Chatterbox

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out