[PPR] Eye to Eye (Shi x Damu)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:07 pm
User Image It had been quite some time since Shi had relaxed by the Oasis. In fact, she only had very distant memories of being here for any prolonged period of time. Still, that didn't mean she wasn't going to laze about for a while during the heat of the day. It would be nice to have the water right by her to take a drink as she needed. Her dark pelt offered no relief from the blazing sun, but she was fairly used to it by this point in her life.

After finding a somewhat shady spot, Shi stretched out and yawned luxuriously, her tail curling over her back. Finally she flopped down into the sand and let out a slow sigh, a content expression on her face. She was liking this whole 'being an adult' thing. Her training was done, she had her own den...now she could do what she pleased when she wasn't out gathering food for the pride. Not that she ever brought anything back worth parading around...she wasn't the best huntress out there. But hey, she had time to learn and improve!

For now, though, she was content to rest by the water of the Oasis, her tail flicking form side to side to let others know that, although her golden eyes were closed, she was very much awake.

Lightning Shadow X

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:48 pm
User Image

The large lion had just finished taking today's rowdy little flock of cubs back to the den and he was ready for a nice rest, cubs were a double edged sword, energetic and extremely tiring when in a large group. But they'd had their fun and that's what'd mattered to him. Giving a long yawn, mostly to get back the air he'd lost after chasing the youngest down after they made a mock-run for the border, he made his way to the oasis where it would most likely be a lot cooler. The sun was particularly harsh today it seemed.

As he approached, he spotted the dark figure trying hold themselves in the shade, he didn't blame them, but as he was about to pass by he paused and spotted the markings only barely discernable on her back. With an arched brow he had to stand there for a few moments before tilting his large, fluffy head to the side curiously.

"Shi?"

SilverLutz

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:23 pm
Shi was enjoying her faux nap immensely, so much so that she didn't hear the approaching lion. She thought her senses would have been heightened since her eyes were closed, but it didn't seem to be the case. Therefore, when she heard her name, she jumped a bit and lifted her head sharply, blinking the nap sleepies from her eyes.

"Wha? Who the...what..." She paused as her eyes focused on the lion before her. She knew she'd seen him before, it just took a few moments to register who it was. When it did click she grinned and relaxed again.

"Damu! Hey...yeah, I'm Shi," she said with a laugh as she folded her paws themselves to try to look like she hadn't just freaked out. "Long time to see," she added, fixing the older male with a happy gaze. In fact, the last time they'd talked had been nearly a year ago when she had been much, much smaller...but in the same spot, just about.

"Fancy seeing you here!"

Lightning Shadow X

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 5:31 pm
Damu watched patiently as she woke up, honestly hoping it was Shemshi and not some random look-alike lioness like a sister or her mother that he'd accidentally provoked from a nap. He could see that going just wonderfully. However the relief soon him him as she answered and he offered a friendly smile to the once small cub that had made a giant plaything out of him like so many cubs did, sitting himself slightly as he watched her.

"Yeah I'd hoped so! Look at you, all grown up and stuff!" He felt a little bad at making her jump like that, so continued to keep up his smile as he watched her settle herself. Pretending her hadn't noticed her freaking out for the sake of her ego. "And yes, I haven't seen you since you were a cub, long time apprenticing I take it?"

SilverLutz

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:50 am
Shi grinned as Damu spoke, tilting her head up and closing her eyes with a grin. Yes, she was all grown up now and very proud of that fact! No more waking up early to go on those gods awful morning hunts...she could do as she pleased! To an extent of course. She still had to hunt on her days, but she got to pick the time. Maybe that was why she could only catch small prey...she picked awful times to hunt, when the herds were up and moving.

Oh well. Everyone else brought back enough to make up for her failures.

"Yeah, you could say that," she said with a snicker. "Done now, though! And what about you?" Shi opened her eyes and tilted her head to look at the male. "Still a cub sitter I take it? Haven't seen you since I was one so it would make sense if that were the case."

Her ears perked up as their conversation from way back when returned to her and she gave him a curious grin. "Did you ever talk to a pretty lioness? Are you a daddy now?"

Lightning Shadow X

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:42 am
Listening on closely, his tail gently rested against the sand and twitching every now and then out of habit; being the big plaything for cubs was sort of ingrained into his system by now and he'd learnt that every art of him could be a toy. However he was thankful for the rest as he watched her looking quite happy to finally be an adult, he couldn't blame her, granted he doubted it was the same feeling as finally having your mane grow out. But it was a nice passage of life all the same.

"Just done taking care of a full litter, it is spring y'know, cubs are popping out of the very sand we walk upon." He chuckled slightly at his own attempt at humor. "Though thankfully not out of conversations, hmm?"

When that subject came up however, the puzzled and somewhat embarrassed older lion had to offer a small and awkward smile that just hardly touche his muzzle. He'd have hoped that she'd have forgotten about that little topic now that she was an adult, but it seemed now it was even more painfully obvious.

"Heh, no, still single...with all these cubs around I'm having a daddy experience practically every day." He tilted his head with a curious little smile, turning the topic off of himself....or trying to atleast. "What about you?"

SilverLutz

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:27 pm
Shi had to laugh at the comment. Popping out of the sand? When she was younger she might have thought he was being serious! Now she knew better, of course. Cubs didn't come from conversations or the sand, they came from...well. A boy lion and a girl lion. Yup, that was all she she was going to say on the matter.

When the question was turned to her, she waved a paw in dismissal. "Nah, I just got done with apprenticeship! No time for boys until now. So...I guess I'm on the hunt," she said with a little snicker. Hopefully she'd be better at 'hunting' a potential mate than antelope.

"Eh...I guess you have a point," she added. "Got enough cubs to last a lifetime. But it's not about the cubs! It's about finding that special lion to share your life with," she said, batting her eyelashes at him dramatically. There were plenty in the Firekin that didn't believe in love, though. She was one of the few that thought it might be nice to find someone you enjoyed being around. Perhaps she'd have to ring in a rouge coming in...they might think differently.

Lightning Shadow X
Gah, I thought I responded! Sorry for the wait!

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:53 am
It made Damu happy to see one of the cubs he'd taken care of grow up to become such a strong lion, he knew she would, but he always had the strongest of confidence in those he cared for. Every cub was brimmed with potential and Shi was no different. She'd grown up with the Firekin muscle that most if not all the pride were known for and that would provide helpful for her in the future. Especially if she was a hunter.

When she mentioned just being out of apprenticeship, he made a small noise of realization...that made sense honestly - nobody had time to focus on that sort of thing straight out of apprenticeship. He was about to congratulate her before she offered that dramatic batting of her eyelashes and her explanation of what she wanted from a mate, offering a small awkward smile.

"Heh, well that is a point too I guess....not all of the pride feel that way though, I think." His ears fell back just a bit as he watched the lioness. It was nice, the idea of finding someone out of love and companionship. Though most prides like the Firekin did it out of strengthening the pride...

SilverLutz
It's fine <3

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 2:43 pm
Shi let out a soft sigh and rolled to her side. "I know. I'm the odd one out when it comes to that," she said, spreading her toes while enjoying the warm sand. "But hey...maybe a nice rouge'll come in and I can snag him before someone else."

She grinned at the thought before rolling back to her stomach, looking up at Damu. "So, other than watching cubs and not finding a mate, what else have you been up to? Seems like forever ago I met you...of course it probably seems like yesterday to you," she said with a laugh.

For her it had been a literal life time since their meeting by the oasis. She had done a lot of growing since then, both mentally and physically, and while she was big and strong, she did still enjoy little flights of fantasy in her mind. Licking her lips, Shi lowered her head to the sand and glanced at the water just beyond the large male. Man...she could still see her younger self chewing on Damu's toes.

Lightning Shadow X

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 7:19 am
"There are enough rogue's being introduced into the pride, perhaps you'll get lucky." The large lion offered a small smile to keep up the younger female's spirits, settling himself slightly into the sand as the cool grains hit his belly and he huffed contentedly. Heated and slightly unbearable at times, the desert had some minor pleasures if you knew where to find them.

As she asked him what he'd been up to, he couldn't help but chuckle when she implied that despite the length away, it probably felt like yesterday to him. With a rolling shrug he watched her.
"I have to admit the days kind of melt together when you watch cubs, soon enough they're fully grown right before your eyes and you wonder 'when the heck did that happen?'...but really all I've been doing is watching the pride, keeping the cubs in check, and, well, I'm happy with that life."

SilverLutz

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:45 am
"I do hope so," Shi said with a wistful sigh. She'd probably have to step up her game as far as her laziness went, though. There were those that were born into the Firekin and those that joined, and to join one must have the same set of ideals as the rest of the pride. Hm...might be tougher than she thought.

As Damu spoke she turned her attention back to him, flicking her dark tail back and forth with delight. "Well, I'm glad you're happy! You found your niche early," she added with a jealous tone. "I'm a huntress but I don't know if I'm the best at that. Maybe I should be a water-seeker...they get to wander around and look for things. I like looking for things! Or maybe a cub sitter, like you...but I'm kind of cub-ish still, my parents say, so maybe a big cub watching small cubs wouldn't be for the best."

Damu was cub-like, but he also wasn't one to take a nap while on the job, she was sure. She was guilty of that out in the dunes while she was supposed to be hunting.

"I don't think I'm smart enough to be a medic, and guards and soldiers fight too much," she said with a little sigh.

Lightning Shadow X

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:24 pm
Listening on to the female he'd used to cubsit so long ago, his ears flipped atop his mane curiously at her words....not smart enough? There was the slightest hint of a frown on his brow, but he didn't comment on it, yet and instead listened to more of what she had to say. When she was looking more into the working settlement of the pride, he gave a rolling shrug of his large shoulders.

"If you appreciate cubs I'd definitely recommend cubsitting for you, it's much more rewarding than other lions will tell you." He remembered all too well the comments when discussing the rationing of the water. "But, cubs are very important, without them there isn't much of a future for this pride."

That pride for his job shined through again, a smile beaming across his muzzle before he focused in on her again and tilted his head ever so slightly to the side.

"But I think you'd be smart enough for something, just test yourself."

SilverLutz

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:04 am
Shi laughed softly at the suggestion to test herself. No, that was quite all right. She didn't do too well with blood and broken bones, so the medical profession really wasn't for her. She tilted her head a bit at the mention of cubs being important and nodded slightly. That they were...but would their parents trust her to watch over them?

"I'll give it thought, that's for sure. I don't want to stay as a huntress. I think a little trip to an outpost might help. The water-seekers and guards are usually around there, so I can go find someone to talk to about maybe doing something a bit more fun. All guards don't have to fight...ooh, maybe I could be an ambassador or something!"

Then she could go out into the rouge lands and explore! With that thought in mind, she stood and shook the sand from her coat. "Oh, that's really exciting. I think I'll head over right now." She bounded forward to press her head against Damu's though, grinning a bit. "Thanks for listening! You're just as great as I remember!"

With that, she turned and started off at a trot in the direction of the nearest outpost. Woo! She was going to finally do something with her life!

Lightning Shadow X
Last from me!

[IC] Motoujamii-Simo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces