[PRP] Homecoming - Kotu x Adala

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

strawberry gumi bunny

Fashionable Strawberry

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:01 pm
Large paws drug a heavy line in the sand, only to be swished away by a solid stroke of his tail behind him as the scarred lion made his way cautiously through the desert, careful to cover his trail. It wasn't any one thing that had him on alert... In fact, it wasn't anything at all that had him on alert. It seems he was fated to always be so cautious an individual. Was he so before he lost his memories? Or had losing them made him paranoid of dangers lurking in his surroundings? Well, he just couldn't be sure of the answer... Not until those forgotten thoughts returned to him. It had been many seasons however and it didn't seem likely to return... Not without some outside help.

But he only had one clue. Just one to go on...

He stopped in his tracks as he was assaulted again with the vision of fur, beautiful, paler than any cloud, more pure than the icy snow he'd trudged through. Kind, crystal blue eyes... " Adala... "

His body jolted as he threw his weight forward, forcing himself into walking again, mane flying a moment as he shook away the thoughts,. Standing out in the middle of the sand and sun was not the time or place to be daydreaming! Especially not in a land that left him edgier than normal. It felt familiar. And he was not sure yet if that was a good or a bad sign...

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:27 pm
In the months since Kotu had disappeared, long enough for her to carry and birth cubs that were well on their way to being warriors, Adala hadn't been on a single patrol. She spent nearly all of her time at or very near whichever oasis she and her daughters were calling home. Perhaps it was paranoid of her, but she didn't like to stay in the same place for much more than a week at a time. Her children were precious, all that was left of Kotu, and the thought of losing one of them before they were even grown was unbearable. The pride needed them.

And so she stayed near them, always. There were plenty of other Qyrhyeshti who could and did watch them, and watch them well - their holdings were small, and the pride concentrated within them - but she could never bring herself to go far.

Thus it was that Kotu was not found by Adala, but by Tala. The Hatun's falcon partner spent most of her days circling the skies over and around the oasis, keeping a sharp eye out for trouble. When she caught sight of a lion below, she swooped down for a closer look. This lion...did not look like trouble. He didn't even look like he was currently very capable of it. He did, however, look to be a familiar color. He was the same color as Ozge.

Tala landed a safe distance away, just in case, and asked sharply, "Who goes there?"

Surely it couldn't be him. It simply wasn't possible.

Strawberry Gumi Bunny

Meepfur
Vice Captain

strawberry gumi bunny

Fashionable Strawberry

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:12 pm
Sharp lavender eyes picked up on the birds shadow before it fell before him, muscles tense and ready for trouble as he slowed to a stop once more. His head tilted slightly at the question, the frown that had already been present on his lips deepening. " That I could answer, I would... I have no name to offer. " He growled out in a voice low with thirst and it was obvious he had not spoken little more than a few words in months. Slowly, he began to let his muscles uncoil, letting his rational side rule. The falcon could not damage him terribly, and even if reinforcements were nearby, he was confident in his own power.

" Obviously I've passed into someone's territory... " He said, those sharp eyes boring into Tala's gold with a power that shouldn't be held by a lion in such a poor condition. He was injured. He was malnourished, and near sickly. But the presence about him seemed so strong.

" I'm looking for someone... A white lioness... As beautiful as a goddess... Have you seen one? " He demanded, his eyes turning more fierce, stance aggressive.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:42 am
If this lion thought he was going to scare her, he was sorely mistaken! Tala fixed him with a fierce look of her own, mantling and then resettling her wings, before she answered him. "I happen to know a white lioness, but beautiful?" The falcon chortled hoarsely to herself. "I don't have an eye for lions, so I can't say."

The longer she looked at him, the more she suspected that the impossible...might actually have occurred. She knew the colors, the eyes, the markings. She considered him for a moment, then decided, "Follow me."

With a few hops and flaps of her wings, Tala lifted into the air, flying low so that he could more easily follow her.

Strawberry Gumi Bunny

Meepfur
Vice Captain

strawberry gumi bunny

Fashionable Strawberry

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:08 am
His ears perked in interest when the fowl mentioned knowing a white lioness... Though there were many out there. He'd met many. So many disappointments. He would not dare to hope. Not too much. Still, he could not pass up the chance that this could be the one. How could he? He'd been searching for what felt like so long now...

He quickly sprang forward to follow the falcon when it flew, his eyes to the sky to keep track of it. He only barely thought to look to the land every so often to make sure he wasn't about to injure himself by running into the brush, or being lured into a ravine. It was lucky the bird flew low so he at least kept some track of the land. Soon his eyes were drawn downward by leafy palms, a rarity in the desert, only found around water... an oasis. He slowed his pace a moment as he let sharp lavender eyes scout it for danger, but a flash of white fur threw that thought from his mind.

The next instant he used what ever strength he had left the barrel toward the Oasis, kicking up sand as he flew straight past the falcon. It had to be her... It had to be!

" ADALA! " He roared out.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:33 pm
...well then. That was going to get everyone's attention. Tala resisted the urge to roll her eyes as she took a perch in a tree. Yes, lost amnesiac lion, run right up to the outpost and roar. It will end so very well! Lions. Hopeless.

Still, it would be fun to watch.

Adala was restless, pacing the northern edge of the oasis alone when she heard it; it would have been impossible not to hear it. She processed it in pieces, first the sheer sudden volume of it, which she could only take as a threat and which spurred her to run towards the sound and launch herself at the source-

But it was her name and she knew that voice and she knew him. The realization came mid-leap, too late for her to stop, and she hit him with her full weight.

Without claws, at least.

Strawberry Gumi Bunny

Meepfur
Vice Captain

strawberry gumi bunny

Fashionable Strawberry

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 7:09 pm
It was the eyes that caught him more than anything. Just as beautiful and clear as his memory. And coming right toward him far faster than he could hope to dodge. Damn the life of a wanderer, it had left his reflexes dull. Not that he could even dream of raising a claw to her. He felt only relief as she, apparently, felt the same. Rather than claws sinking into his flesh he felt only her soft form barreling into him. He was quick to wrap large paws around her to protect her from the fall as they were sent into the sand, grunting as his back hit, throwing it up in a flurry around them and sending the pair rolling a few paces before he finally wound up on his back.

He panted softly, regaining his lost breath from his run, eyes shut for a moment before he let them slide open to peer at the lioness above him. " Adala..? " He questioned softly, his voice still rough from misuse, the roar earlier leaving his tone more gravelly. He couldn't bring himself to let go of her... He could hardly believe it was truly the lioness he'd been searching for, but it was. He could feel relief coursing through him, but he didn't know what to do with her now that he found her...

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:13 am
Those clear eyes were wide with shock as she stared down at him, disbelief warring with relief. He couldn't be here, he was dead, she was only dreaming again, it simply wasn't possible. But it felt real this time. As she tried to wrap her mind around it, she was dimly aware of the arrival of others on the scene, others quickly shooed away by the borclu who had become her personal guard. Within the short time that took, she finally came to the full realization that this was real, this was happening.

Her jaw snapped shut, her eyes narrowed, and Adala drew back and struck him. Hard. "Where have you been?!"

Strawberry Gumi Bunny

Meepfur
Vice Captain

strawberry gumi bunny

Fashionable Strawberry

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:45 am
He growled at the strike out of instinct, but he was quick to shut that up in the face of the furious lioness before him. Still wincing, he peered at her, head tilting slowly, as if confused, trying to think back as far as he could. " ... I.. Am unsure? Many places... I was.. Looking for you? But I was not sure where to look.. Where you could be... I knew only your name. And what you looked like. "

Well, if she was already angry, this news would hardly please her further. " Forgive me, but... That is all I know. My name. My past. It is clouded. I remember a fight. In a desert place like this one, against many opponents. And then.. nothing. Nothing but you. It is my hope, in finding you.. that my memories will return. I know that you are important to me... The most important. But beyond that... Forgive me... " He lowered his head, feeling quite shamed. He was unsure of the circumstances behind his forgetting. But to leave this lioness. To hurt her... That was reason enough for shame.

Even if she forgave him, it would take time for him to forgive himself, memories or no memories. He could see the pain he had caused, and it hurt his heart deeply. Oh yes. She was very important.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:40 pm
The answer was as infuriating as it was enlightening. It explained what had happened, why he had been gone for so long, solved all the unanswered questions, but without his memories, without any knowledge of himself, he was no Bey. Sadness and anger - though no longer directed him - flashed across her scarred face, and she pulled away from him, seeking space.

It wasn't his fault, but she- what was she supposed to do now? She had a pride to lead, six daughters to raise, a war to fight, and now her a mate had returned from the dead with no memories.

Except of her. Her expression softened, and she turned towards him again. "You are Kotu sim Shan, Bey of the Qyrhyeshti. I am Adala bint Attila. Your Hatun."

Strawberry Gumi Bunny

Meepfur
Vice Captain

strawberry gumi bunny

Fashionable Strawberry

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:23 pm
" Kotu sim Shan... " He murmured after her. The words she spoke felt so familiar. But it was still a blur. Slowly he got up from the sands and began to pace, letting his thoughts stray, trying to remember desperately. Anything. Anything at all. " The Qyrhyeshti... Our enemies, the Burkuteshti... " He winced as pain lanced through his head sending him stumbling a moment. It hurt.. But this was good. This was exactly what he has hoped. He has found her. And things... Things were becoming more clear. Even if it was only one piece at a time. The fact that one piece returned at all, after so long of nothing...

" I will remember Adala... As quickly as I can. I will not allow myself to burden you further. " He said, violet eyes flashing in determination as he peered at his mate.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:05 pm
Her carefully-guarded heart wrenched, and the small lioness hung her head. "You're not...you're not a burden. Never that. I just- so much has happened. I thought you were dead. The whole pride looked, but...found nothing. Eventually, we had to give up. There's so much, Kotu..."

So much, and she'd been so lonely, and so heartbroken, and unable to show it or let any of it out, because she had to look strong. Had to be strong, and she was, but...not all the time. The act had taken its toll. But he had been through greater troubles, and found his way home to her only to face her ire for it. What an awful excuse for a mate she was.

Adala's posture sagged, and when she looked up at him again, tears were beginning to well in her eyes. "I'm sorry. I love you. I shouldn't have hit you."

Strawberry Gumi Bunny

Meepfur
Vice Captain

strawberry gumi bunny

Fashionable Strawberry

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 7:32 am
A comforting growl escaped his throat as he quickly stepped forward to her, unable to watch her cry. He pressed against her, soothingly rubbing his cheek against her own. " Oh, my love... I'd never be angry with you for striking me. " He chuckled, leaning back slightly to lick her nose. " After all, who else but you could knock sense into me..? How did I..? Ah.. I suppose my memories come more frequently around you... See? You truly do. "

He pressed their noses together gently then, peering into her eyes. " Adala... I did not know where to look for you. So I scoured the land for you. So many different places I've been. Many fights. And many trials. All so that I could return here. I am weakened now from my journey, but when I recover my strength, I believe that strength will be greater than you remember. Perhaps some good will come of this. You say I am not a burden, but I have burdened you. And I refuse to allow that again. " He growled protectively over her, eyes turning fierce.

" I will remember. Everything. And become the Bey you deserve. "

Meepfur

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:03 am
Adala did not go so far as to smile, but she breathed deep of her Bey and blinked the tears from her eyes as he peered into them. She turned her body to lean against him, the exhaustion of the last several months creeping up on her even as much of the stress was suddenly relieved. "If you have burdened me, then I am stronger for it."

She bumped her head under his chin. "You will, I know. But for now, you need to rest, my love. There is more to tell, but it can wait awhile longer."

Strawberry Gumi Bunny

Meepfur
Vice Captain

strawberry gumi bunny

Fashionable Strawberry

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:20 pm
" You were strong long before these trials were placed before you, my Adala... " He scolded, but he was more than happy for the chance to finally rest. More-so he was happy for the chance to rest with the beautiful lioness at his side. It had been far, far too long, too many nights alone and cold without his mate beside him. It was a pleasant change to make. He rested his head against hers as she leaned against him, deeply taking her calming scent himself.

" Whatever you wish. Rest would be welcome... And a hold on further information... Well, I think my mind can only take so much at once. " He chuckled softly. He hadn't expected to find that he was a leader when he found his mate, but he would not turn away from such a path. He would not let what was his own be lost because of his enemies... They'd stolen so much of his time already. " Let us go home. There will be time for further discussions. " He nudged her gently to lead the way, seeing as he really could not remember it, and followed after her slowly when she did, cautious of any they crossed paths with.

He knew these lions, he had to remind himself. And that allowed him a deep rest that night curled around his mate.

fin

Meepfur

[IC] Jahy Sarlarin Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces