Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MoogerMint
Crew

Sparkly Pants

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:59 pm
The teenaged mushroom-pokégirl slid a hand through the slot of the vending machine, retrieving a small container of juice from its confines. She had briefly caught a bracelet on the underside of the flap and jarred a wrist, but it was quickly recovered and made for a good reminder to take things off before attempting something like that again...

She popped the top of the fruit punch can and made her aimless trek down the street. Terpsichore's steps came slowly so she could admire the scenery in greater detail. Before, it hadn't been very often that she was able to venture forth into human territory, having constantly been on the move throughout the wilds under Nix's direction, as a field researcher was prone to doing on the job. However, recently, she had been forced to leave those arrangements for a more altruistic endeavor... though she wasn't without her reservations on the whole deal. Oh well, at least she got to travel to the city more often, even if it was under the guise of earning some money.

That didn't mean she didn't have some spare moments to window shop! For, truly, that was all she could really do with so little in her pocket. Terpsichore paused a few times in front of some displays, but never long enough to make the cashiers nervous. The spring attire was so lovely to look at, and for now that would have to do; at least she was content with that much!

With a small smile, the shroomish headed for the park. It was such a nice day, maybe she'd be able to make a couple dollars by putting on some sort of play for the onlookers. Dragons today, perhaps, that might get some attention.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:25 pm
Lightning had convinced Dea to get out of the house for a little while, knowing Eilam and the others needed to get it ready for an Easter celebration. Plus, they all agreed that Dea needed to get a break, so Lightning volunteered to take her to the park. Dea had tried to argue, but she knew it was pointless, Lightning would just drag her anyway.

Once the two of them had reach the park, Dea sat under one of the trees and Lightning stood out in the field, doing some yoga. Dea smiled, she was glad that it was a sunny and beautiful day today.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

MoogerMint
Crew

Sparkly Pants

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:12 pm
Perhaps it was due to the fact that she knew so few people in the city, but Terpsichore hadn't noticed the familiar face of Dea under the shade of the tree further down the trail, or perhaps it was merely a matter of distance. Lightning was far too dissimilar to how she had last looked when Terpsichore had seen her that it didn't register that she might know who this brightly-colored hybrid was, stretching in the sun. No, currently her attention was on the waste bin that she tossed her empty can into and the small, empty box of donations at her feet.

She twirled, facing the criss-crossing of bare walkways through the park. People were sure to come from that direction more than the others, it seemed that was where she was going to gain the largest audience. Taking a few steps back into the grass, she gave herself plenty of room for a green stage before she began. Arm held up as though holding a microphone, her voice was cast with a dramatic flair, "Oh what a cruel and terrible hand fate has dealt. It had been thought to have come from a time long lost, but history repeats itself timelessly, and people make the same mistakes time and again. For what reason would a princess be taken prisoner by a dragon, held captive in the high peaks of a mountain few would dare challenge?"

Her voice carried, but not in an obnoxious manner. The shroomish-girl scanned the park for any sign of interest, worried that her first real trek into acting in public would fall a little short. Regardless, she wasn't about to let such concern cloud her work, her composure insisting confidence, "Who dares challenge the dragon's gauntlet?"  
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 10:58 pm
Lightning's ears twitched a little on her head as she came up from a pose, before looking in the direction she heard someone talking. She looked behind her to see Dea was also attentively sitting up and the two exchanged looks.

"Is it just me or did that sound like a very familiar voice?"Dea asked as she got gingerly to her feet. Lightning nodded her head, before they both started to walk over. When they got close to where Shroomish girl was, a smile broke out on each of their faces.

"What would you say to a female heroine?"Lightning asked with a giggle. She knew Terpsichore would not be able to recognize her, but would recognize her friend.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

MoogerMint
Crew

Sparkly Pants

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:07 pm
It wasn't until the duo near the tree began making their way towards her that Terpsichore chanced a better look at them. After all, it seemed she had a challenger, or at least an audience now! But wait... no, that was definitely someone she knew! Wide-eyed, her hands dropped to her side, stunned, "...Dea? Dea, is that you?" She was walking on her own two feet!

At Lightning's words, so quick on the uptake, Terpsichore's smile slowly revealed itself once more. So if this little fireball was traveling with Dea, then that must mean... "And you... Lightning?" Broadly grinning, she motioned the hybrid girl to come closer, "Of course, a heroine would be great! It'd be an excellent twist to the story!"

Clearing her throat, the invisible microphone was placed back below the teen's jaw, narrator position restored, "The dragon may have been expecting someone with the strength of a thousand to scale the peaks at which it dwelled, and he would have gladly torn such a would-be hero limb from limb. Little did he know that the bravest of them all would be but a girl, as beautiful as any stolen princess with the smarts to master where brawn may have lacked." Turning back to the pikachu-girl, she asked, "You ready to start up that mountain?"  
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:28 pm
Dea laughed lightly, knowing the last Terpsichore had seen her, she had been in her wheelchair with Lightning a small Pikachu riding in her lap. She nodded her head to the Shroomish girl.

"Yep, it is me. I have gotten a lot better since you last saw me. I use a cane when I need to, but not as much as I did for a bit,"Dea explained.

"And who else would be hanging around Dea with Pikachu parts. Just seems I wasn't just Pikachu. And I got changed into a human, like my siblings,"Lightning added. She then let Terpsichore begin her introduction and she smiled.

"Ready!"she grinned, as she made to look like she was going up a mountain.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

MoogerMint
Crew

Sparkly Pants

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 11:35 pm
It hadn't felt like it had been very long since last Terpsichore had seen the both of them, but seeing them in such a manner made her second-guess that feeling! Not only had Lightning found her star and grown into a hybrid that could not have been possible under normal circumstances, but Dea had been recovering in leaps and bounds! Even the view was different, for the shroomish herself had grown since the last they met, too!

With a bright smile, the teenager moved over to Dea, reaching over with a big hug. "Oh my gosh, Dea, that's so fantastic! I knew you'd recover, but wow! You're amazing!" she squealed with delight. While Terpsichore didn't know the specifics of whatever-it-was that the woman had been afflicted with, it seemed to be serious. Seeing her back on her feet in a handful of months was definitely unexpected, but much more than welcome!

Turning back to the pikachu-turned-child, her grin didn't waver. "Well that's true! Not unless your whole family was staying with her!" she snickered, ruffling the girl's hair, "That star really didn't do you too bad, either! You look great!"

Clearing her throat, the young narrator got back to work on the reason she was out here in the first place, "It was a bright and sunny day, full of fortune if weather omens were any indication. That did not soften the young warrior's determination, knowing full well that it was dangerous to venture forth with too much confidence. She had to be crafty!" Oh she was mostly pulling this from nowhere, but it seemed to be working fine so far! She spun around a bit on a heel, taking a few paces and examining the situation on where to go from here. "The base of the mountain was flat terrain, easy enough to cross if it weren't for the plant life, hiding snakes in the branches. Warrior Lightning, did you bring your weapon?" she smiled, motioning as though to draw a sword from a sheathe at her side.

A few passersby in the distance took a glance their way, an amused smile gracing their faces, but didn't pause in their steps. She was going to have to try stepping things up a notch if she was going to get any income today!  
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 3:58 pm
Dea managed a hug back when Terpsichore had embraced her, a smile on her face.

"It took a lot of dealing with emotions and having support from my family and friends. It is great to be able to get around without my wheelchair again. You have certainly grown too, quite nicely, I might add,"Dea told her.

"Somehow, you wouldn't be surprised if Dea had more of my family. And thank you, I am glad you liked it,"Lightning beamed. Then she focused on the story, having gotten to the 'top of the mountain,' then looked around, as if she was looking around for any threats. When she heard Terp's question and saw the motion, she nodded as she went to her waist and acted like she was drawing a sword with a flourish.

"I always come prepared. Never know what might be around,"she replied, holding the 'sword' with both hands.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

MoogerMint
Crew

Sparkly Pants

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:42 pm
Terpsichore nodded as she listened to Dea's explanation of the recovery process, a mild decrease in the smile from a tinge of worry on the road traveled but the grin itself never leaving. "That sounds like it was really tough for you. But you made it through, and with flying colors by the looks of it! Hehe, it appears you had a lot of support all around you, too. I'm really glad things turned out so fantastically!" she chirped happily. At the comment to how she looked, she spun around a little, a downward glance at the grown body that was still not entirely familiar, "Not too terrible, you think? Thanks a lot! That really means a lot, coming from you!" It wasn't often she got a favorable comment from someone closer to her (she knew she'd never hear it from the one she was traveling with), so it was a very pleasant change of pace indeed!

There was little effort spent on thinking about Lightning's teasing comment, for it was all too true. With a giggle, the shroomish-girl gave a couple of nods, "Well she's around pokémon a lot, and I knew she's had you for quite some time, she told me so! It was very possible that if she didn't have the rest of your family, someone else close to her did!" Of course, Lightning could have very well been wild originally, like Terpsichore herself, but it was all in the past -- the young pikachu-hybrid was a fully ingrained member of the family now! As a matter of fact, by those statistics, the young girl before the teenaged shroomish was likely at least twice her own age... how bizarre that must feel!

She followed along as the battle-ready girl climbed the steep ascent to the dragon's lair, adding a few flairs to her steps as she moved and inserting various sound effects to the scenery to add to the atmosphere. The wind blowing, a scattering of birds, the far-off cry of the dragon, all to make the trek more lively. She grinned broadly as Lightning drew her sword, but the teenager moved herself further away, towards the donation box at a slow pace. She wiggled her fingers to emphasize her next relayed obstacle, speaking with urgency but a playful smile tacked upon her face, "As though gatekeepers to the long and perilous roads ahead, snakes hiss from crevices, behind rocks and dry brush, their fangs bared. As minions of the dragon, they were to protect the goal, to stop the warrior dead in their tracks before ever reaching the starting line, even if this brave soul was but a child. Perhaps they thought it an easy win, but they would be mistaken for taking Lady Lightning as a pushover. Care to show them whose boss?" Offering a grin, she twirled a finger as though indicating a tune, perhaps a dance, for the battle to commence. She crouched, grabbing hold of a makeshift cloak but not taking her eyes from the scene.  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 1:12 am
Dea winked, she had definitely made it through the obstacles of her illness yet again. She knew it was possible it would rear its ugly head again, but for now, she would just enjoy her time with those she cared about.

"It was tough, but when you have a persistent family, you can never wallow in pity for long. I am grateful they were with me every step of the way and that I am back to my old self..for the most part. And yes, I mean it, you have grown into a lovely young woman,"Dea assured.

"Yes, Dea does hang out with a lot of us and adopts new ones every chance she gets. And yes, I have been with Dea since she was a baby..I kind of stumbled into her life and glad I did,"Lightning replied. When the story was continued, she looked to Terpsichore for a cue of what was next. When she saw the movement she made, she had to contain a laugh, snakes it would seem. Soon the words the other spoke confirmed it and she readied her 'sword,' pretending like she heard hissing coming from all sides. Then with an elegant movement, she twirled, and brought her blade to bear on the 'snakes' she was fighting, to cut off their heads.

"Snakes do not scare me, I used to have some as pets,"she grinned.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

MoogerMint
Crew

Sparkly Pants

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:15 pm
Terpsichore snickered at Dea's comment, relating close family to the onset of her illness, "Yeah, I'm sure they would have whipped you into shape if you started doubting your own recovery. Did you get a lecture from Eilam?" She knew that the arceus had grown since, but the thought of the boy in such a young form scolding the one who played as mother... it was too amusing! "Well that's when you know people really care for you, I've heard. The more annoying they are in their pursuit to help you out, the more they think of you," she giggled, nodding very matter-of-factly. It must have been pretty nice, to have so many doting on a person, even if it might inevitably get on one's nerves. With a soft dusting of pink, Terpsichore's smile brightened, "Thanks so much, Dea. You're such a sweetheart!" Whoever said that flattery would get a person nowhere?

While Terpsichore had read plenty about humans and their treatment of pokémon, she wasn't sure she entirely understood the concept, as a wild pokémon that wanted so much to be a human herself. "Doesn't it get crowded in a house, when so many pokémon live under one roof?" she asked curiously. Blinking, she caught another idea, and her voice turned more cautious, "Or... do you use pokéballs?" Those things always looked so cramped!

The shroomish didn't keep herself from applauding Lightning's graceful attack, but she paused briefly in the storytelling to take a glance around the park. There seemed to be a few eyes on the show, a couple chatting amongst themselves at the fact it was a bit cute, but nothing further. Well, it was a start, they just had to keep going... The teen indicated for Dea to move closer, then motioned toward Lightning, in the off-chance she wanted to think up something in order to join in on the fun, but continued on with the story for now, "The snakes fell as harmless as noodles at the Lady snake master's feet, the effortless dance concluded before a sweat was ever broken. The road ahead was sure to be a treacherous one, but the Lady was not one to be trifled with, she had a duty to fulfill!" The grass-type snapped the cloak around her shoulders, straightening out the frayed rope at the front, before she moved on, "She stood at the top of a small mountain now, but many more, higher climbs awaited. A rope bridge connected her current stead to the next mountain, but it was obvious that it had not weathered the most accommodating of conditions, rickety and splintered. The warrior was going to have to be careful of her steps if she were to survive the crossing!" Or use her wings, Terpsichore silently supposed, smiling and allowing Lightning to trade off again.  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:36 pm
"Yes, they did not allow me to give up my fight for very long. Even used some of my own words and advice against me. Yeah, even Eliam let me have it, though he isn't so little anymore. You really should come visit, you would be able to meet more of them and see the changes. And you are right, the more they care, the more they can get on your case. And I truly love them for it, least I do now. And you are very welcome,"Dea beamed. She scooted closer to where they were performing, having seen Terpischore motioning for her to do so.

"Me personally, before I had my human form, I stayed outside my Pokeball, less I needed to be in it. Some actually like their Pokeballs, while some do not. Dea lets us decide, but really, we have a big enough house,"Lightning explained. She focused on the story once more as she made her climbing motion, until she heard she had reached the top. She made like she was looking at the obstacles ahead and groaned when she heard something about a rope bridge.

"This bridge does not look very safe, I am not sure if I should chance it,"she spoke, placing one foot cautiously in front of her, like testing a plank. She made a creaking sound and then cracking.

"Luckily, I have wings, would rather not end up a smear on the ground,"she spoke, spreading out her wings and taking off from the ground. She did her own little air show, just to attract attention, before flying over the 'bridge.'  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

MoogerMint
Crew

Sparkly Pants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:11 pm
Terpsichore giggled as Dea relayed the trials she underwent when under the care of her family for her condition. As much as the woman may have wanted to be left alone during some of that time, as depression tended to warrant, her pokémon wouldn't have allowed it, she was certain! "I'd love to come visit you guys some time, maybe help out, or just make a fun day of it!" she agreed, "I'm sure I could find the place. I wonder if I'd be able to bring Endy along..." She made a face at the last comment, indicating she was highly doubtful she could convince him to come despite him being part of the same circle...

As Dea neared, Terpsichore leaned over to talk with her more quietly, so as not to disrupt the current improvised play; perhaps even to make it a bit of a temporary secret from Lightning. "I'm kind of making this up as I go along, so if you wanted to join in, or add any trials, be my guest!" she said with a grin. Bringing everyone in would be more fun anyway!

The shroomish had not had any experience when it came to pokéballs herself, having lived as a wild pokémon that just happened to end up traveling with Dea's cousin. He'd never actually captured her in the normal sense, as had been the case with the other two that resulted in the same. Truth be told, her only exposure to pokéballs had been as a mention of a passing (or blatant) fear from another... and the fact that those two strangers from before had tried to capture her in one despite having already been transformed. To hear Lightning say that some actually liked the contraptions struck an obvious sense of surprise across her expression, "Really? I didn't know any pokémon liked those! I'm going to have to ask what they like about them..." she mused, thoughtfully mulling it over.

Terpsichore fiddled with the cloak some, making sure it wasn't laying funny across her shoulders as she watched Lightning's convincing performance. The kid was really getting into her role! With a partial glance to the people in the area, she nudged the donation box out a bit towards the passersby before going back to seeing about progressing the play. With a brimming grin, she applauded Lightning's aerial show as the girl landed on the other side of the invisible bridge, but refrained from speaking anything else aloud for fear of detracting the progress of the show. "And with the lightest of flutters, the young warrior braved the air above the bridge, higher than it was suspended above the ground below," she continued into a microphone that wasn't there, "fearless in the face of heights. However, as her feet touched ground, the air became still. It seemed a steep road lie ahead, full of hazards and a twisting road. The currents were not going to be as helpful for the young knight this time." Hmm, she supposed she could make that a bit more interesting, but she couldn't think of what to add... so a steep climb for now, to allow the young teenager some time to map an event more lively!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:04 pm
"Yes, should be pretty easy to find us, we live just a little bit away from the bakery, a beautiful picket fence surrounding it. And you are more than welcome to bring anyone you like, if he wants to come. I know not everyone in the household started out wanting to be there,"Dea explained to the other. When the girl bent down to whisper in her ear that she could add anything she wanted, she thought on that while Lightning was doing her thing.

"I think in a way, they feel protected in a Pokeball or do not have to deal with people. To me, I was quite comfortable riding on Dea's shoulder and seeing the sights,"Lightning admitted. Then she returned her attention to the play, pretending like she was looking ahead on the steep road, this was not going to be good. She would not have help from the air, it was too still. So she started up her trek up her twisting road, making it look like it was tiring her out the further she went.

"The young warrior may have thought the road was bad, but she was in for a nasty surprise as she heard a growl from up ahead. Standing before her was a ogre that was dirty and did not look like he wanted to make friends at all. It warned the child that it would eat her whole,"Dea added. Lightning had looked over and Dea gave a playful grin.

"I am not here to hurt you, Mr. Ogre, I just want to get past. You see, I am here on a quest. I am sure someone as strong as you would be a very good companion. Aren't you tired of people being afraid of you?"she asked, as she looked up, as if he was a lot taller than she was.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

MoogerMint
Crew

Sparkly Pants

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:38 pm
"Oooh, a bakery!" Terpsichore exclaimed, eager to see this place now. She'd seen a bakery once or twice while she was in town, of different varieties. Although they always smelled of amazing goods, she hadn't actually been inside one. If she made enough money, it would have been as good an excuse to change that, especially if she could meet up with Dea and her family as well! "I bet I could find that place..." she considered, a slight wince at the thought of dragging Endymion along, "Well the thing is... for all I know, he would want to come. But as much as I try to get him to, he won't. He's actually kind of shy, and... well..." She scuffed her foot, for it seemed strange to admit something like this to Dea, "...he's afraid of humans. And most pokémon, actually." If there was any human that someone shouldn't be scared of, it was the woman right in front of her!

The shroomish considered Lightning's understanding of what made a pokémon prefer the pokéballs to roaming about freely. It was funny... when put that way, she would have thought her teammate would prefer staying in a pokéball as well, if he could be antisocial in it! However, if he wasn't able to leave it of his own accord, when he wanted... maybe that was it? How much could one miss, while in one of those? What if a trainer forgot about a pokémon? "Is there, like... some limit to how long you can keep a pokémon in one of those? Or could someone stay in one the rest of their lives?" she asked, mildly confused. Technology was confusing for her in general, and as a rule of thumb, she didn't particularly care for it. However, as far as someone's well-being was concerned, it was certainly a point of interest at present.

Terpsichore giggled as the play continued on, a hand to her mouth as Dea joined in on the narrative. Oh, this was going great! As Lightning's turn came up, Terp whispered back to the young woman, "That was great! Good idea!" This family was just chock full of surprises; they were all so clever! It would have really added to the story if someone were able to come up and play the part of the ogre, to give Lightning a sidekick, but at this point in time she knew that would have been asking a little much. "Hmm, I don't know... the ogre's looking mighty hungry..." Terpsichore noted of the invisible giant, swaying slightly from side-to-side, "Our poor little protagonist has sure found herself in a pickle! However will she decide to combat such a predicament, against death with an appetite?" Hum, she could probably have worded that better, but the words weren't coming as easily. It was likely due to her acting as intermediary to an idea not scrounged from her own mind. Challenge, accepted!  
Jirachi's Wish

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff