Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
MTF Makeup tips? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CuriousColt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:42 pm
loonaboots
                well, along with what other people said, i'd try to make your face look rounder- typically, womens' faces are rounder. so, try contouring and stuff to do that. on top of that, play up your best features- like your eyes? play up the eyes, and so on.

i wear little to no makeup (mascara, eyeliner(sometimes), and a bit of eyeshadow- sometimes filling in eyebrows), so i'd take my advice with a grain of salt.

however, a simple formula is framing the face- so, your eyebrows (filling them in, highlighting, etc.), lashes, and lips.

good luck, dear!
                x
I shall experiment Thank you dear. heart  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:17 am
CuriousColt
loonaboots
                well, along with what other people said, i'd try to make your face look rounder- typically, womens' faces are rounder. so, try contouring and stuff to do that. on top of that, play up your best features- like your eyes? play up the eyes, and so on.

i wear little to no makeup (mascara, eyeliner(sometimes), and a bit of eyeshadow- sometimes filling in eyebrows), so i'd take my advice with a grain of salt.

however, a simple formula is framing the face- so, your eyebrows (filling them in, highlighting, etc.), lashes, and lips.

good luck, dear!
                x
I shall experiment Thank you dear. heart
loonaboots
                you're very welcome! : -)
                x

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

I AM R U

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:24 am
CuriousColt
Hello, I have recently started my quest (trying to make it sound like LOTR and s**t) to make the transition from male to female and have questions about the basics of make up. This probably is not very hard to understand but I tend to over analyze everything anyhow, I have been watching videos on youtube and trying to figure out exactly what I need to get started. Now my questions, sorry about my ramblings. sweatdrop heart

Is primer or the liquid stuff you put on your face before the foundation necessary?

Will the concealer NW20 work for under eye bags as well as covering up pimples and such?

How much does brush quality matter? Everyone on youtube keeps recommending sigma but every other brand is so much cheaper!

I had more questions but I have forgot sweatdrop shitballs

Hey there! Best of luck to you!

I worked as a make up consultant and artist for a bit, so feel free to ask any questions! I also cross dress and do my own makeup for it, so I might be able to help (although I can sort of cheat, because I look very feminine already...)

Brush quality isn't as important as brush maintenance. Buy some brush shampoo and look after your brushes and you'll be fine - dirty brushes however will not only not apply your make up correctly, it will just spread germs through your make up and on your skin...

I would suggest a BB cream rather than foundation or concealer. It's lighter, and often less oily, and looks much more natural. However, if you have issues with facial hair, then you will need a concealer. A good primer is better for concealing bags under your eyes then concealer, which just tends to stick in wrinkles and make you look older...

Finally, KISS - keep it simple stupid. Less is always more with makeup... Unless you're a drag queen ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:50 pm
I AM R U
CuriousColt
Hello, I have recently started my quest (trying to make it sound like LOTR and s**t) to make the transition from male to female and have questions about the basics of make up. This probably is not very hard to understand but I tend to over analyze everything anyhow, I have been watching videos on youtube and trying to figure out exactly what I need to get started. Now my questions, sorry about my ramblings. sweatdrop heart

Is primer or the liquid stuff you put on your face before the foundation necessary?

Will the concealer NW20 work for under eye bags as well as covering up pimples and such?

How much does brush quality matter? Everyone on youtube keeps recommending sigma but every other brand is so much cheaper!

I worked as a make up consultant and artist for a bit, so feel free to ask any questions! I also cross dress and do my own makeup for it, so I might be able to help (although I can sort of cheat, because I look very feminine already...)

Brush quality isn't as important as brush maintenance. Buy some brush shampoo and look after your brushes and you'll be fine - dirty brushes however will not only not apply your make up correctly, it will just spread germs through your make up and on your skin...

I would suggest a BB cream rather than foundation or concealer. It's lighter, and often less oily, and looks much more natural. However, if you have issues with facial hair, then you will need a concealer. A good primer is better for concealing bags under your eyes then concealer, which just tends to stick in wrinkles and make you look older...

Finally, KISS - keep it simple stupid. Less is always more with makeup... Unless you're a drag queen ninja

For primer are you talking about something like this?

http://www.amazon.com/REVLON-Photoready-Perfecting-Primer-Fluid/dp/B006OZF4KG/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1395639746&sr=8-6&keywords=primer

I already bought Elfs clear primer ughh works good for my foundation though tried it without and about had a heart attack it looked so cakey.

Thanks will shoot some PM's if I have questions, it seems like all the tuts on youtube involve like 15 items.

Your face is just soooooo ughhhhh ideal!!!!! Those cheek bones.  

CuriousColt

I AM R U

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:15 am
CuriousColt
I AM R U
CuriousColt

For primer are you talking about something like this?

http://www.amazon.com/REVLON-Photoready-Perfecting-Primer-Fluid/dp/B006OZF4KG/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1395639746&sr=8-6&keywords=primer

I already bought Elfs clear primer ughh works good for my foundation though tried it without and about had a heart attack it looked so cakey.

Thanks will shoot some PM's if I have questions, it seems like all the tuts on youtube involve like 15 items.

Your face is just soooooo ughhhhh ideal!!!!! Those cheek bones.

You want to use a really light, oil free primer for putting under your foundation - I still think a BB cream is better than a foundation, its lighter and much more natural look...

I hate Revlon, I'd never wear it xd

This is one of my favorites, but its a bit expensive: http://www.meccacosmetica.com.au/shop/Stila/OneStepCorrect/

Otherwise I'd sagest this one: http://www.meccacosmetica.com.au/shop/bareMinerals/PrimeTimeFoundationPrimer/

Don't know if you can get it in the US though...

PM me anytime!  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces