Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:47 am
This room is reserved for major functions and gatherings as well as the occasional formal party. Decorations vary, but the true heart of the room remains untouched.

Gilded walls, chandeliers glittering with precious gemstones, padded seating when needed, and a raised platform at one end for musicians and purely musical performances.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:09 pm
((Okay, first post))

Wren stood on the stage at one end of the grand ballroom, the musicians at their places behind her. The instruments they were to play were the simplest to be found; the lap harp, guitar, drums, violin, flute, and dulcimer.

The musicians were dressed in shades of green, all muted for the occasion. Wren herself was dressed in a long and flowing gown of the purest white with nearly every inch of it covered in embroidery; the purest golden color was edged in the darkest black in a pattern of swords surrounded by vines of roses, only those two colors moving from the hem to the neckline; the sleeves fitted her arms tightly while the neckline plunged and gave a generous view of her modest bosom and fit her curves tightly to the waist where the skirt flowed to the floor and a simple silver cape flowed down from the back of her shoulders, flaring when she walked just right. Her hair flowed down her back free but for three simple small braids at her right temple tied off with crystals that reflected the light and sent small rainbows when she moved her head and the light caught them just right.

A traditional wedding gown among the Golden-Eyed Elves, a gift from an unknown suitor, and embroidered with her personal symbol on it. A statement, subtle and known only to the one who had given it to her. She hoped he would understand. She hoped they all would understand…

Everyone was seated along the edges of the large room except for Eruaphadion. He was seated at the foot of the stage below Wren, due to his rank and the possibility of her removing his curse, something she prayed she’d get through.

Wren looked over the crowd once, ”Tonight is a special night for the Elves. You are all here to bear witness to the event that is about to take place. Tonight, those who have been separated from us are reunited,” she said softly though her voice carried to everyone as she looked at Aeriolous with a soft smile, “Tonight we welcome our Dark Cousins back to us, lead by King Aeriolous” she gave a deep curtsy to the Drow King. She rose and looked over the crowd again, “We also celebrate the crowning of our king, Eruaphadion. This night is my gift to him,” she said with a deeper curtsy and a respectful bow of her head to him, “But we are also Calling another race of the Elves home tonight. Many of you have never heard of them. The Elves you see here tonight have only heard of them through myth and legend and believed them to be just that until I appeared to them. So tonight, through song and magic, we Call them home to us again…” she went silent then, bowing her head for a moment.

Then she turned and gave a nod to the musicians who started the music for the first song, the guests hushing their murmurings instantly. It was an upbeat ballad, accompanied by the harp, violin, and flute; a hopeful song of a beginning that few knew. Then Wren raised her golden voice, adding her power to it to begin the Calling and surrounding her in a soft golden light:

The Duke's Eldest Daughter

The Duke’s second daughter was ravishing fair
Bright blue were her eyes and bright gold was her hair
The Duke’s youngest daughter with eyes like the sky and
Hair like night shadows made courtiers sigh
But the Duke’s eldest daughter, a maiden called Jane
Brown haired and browned eyes was decidedly plain

No suitor had she, not a soul sought her hand
Although she must wed first by her fathers’ command
And nobody knew nor would care, if were told,
That plain little Jane had a voice of pure gold
Since no one would miss her at night
On her own through evening dark forests she’d wander alone

For Jane knew a secret, she’d learned it by chance
The place in the forest where Elves came to dance
At night as she watched them in their magic ring
Enthralled by their music, Jane started to sing
Shocked by her own boldness was still pleased to find
That Harpist and dancers did not seem to mind

Came winter and Jane dare not wander by night
But drooped in the corner a pitiful sight
And cruel her two sisters impatient to wed
Would heap bitter scorn on unhappy Jane’s head
There was no escape from their torments but sleep
And long in the darkness Jane softly would weep

One evening they followed her right to her bed
And one said in anger, “I wish you were dead!”
So Jane fled in tears to the snow and the storm
Without even a thin cloak to keep herself warm
Soon lost in the dark and the snow soft and deep
She felt herself numbing and falling asleep

“Perhaps this is better,” she said with a sigh
And gave herself up to the storm then to die
But before Death could claim her with fear-filled alarms
She was snatched from Death’s cold hands by strong Elven arms
Two Elf voices urging she live, she awoke
Embraced by pure love and a warm Elven cloak

Now Jane disappeared in that storm it is said
And both the Duke’s daughters are certain she’s dead
But if you should chance near that wild Elven hill
You’ll find that the Elf folk at night dance there still
And the music they dance to is sung and is played
By a proud Harper Elf and his dear mortal maid

((Song by Mercedes Lackey))

This song was the story of the first Golden-Eyed Elf and how the bloodline began. But what no one expected was for the Tree to add its power to the song, giving the images of the history in the center of the room and showing everyone what had happened. And it became very clear to everyone where Wren had gotten her beautiful voice, for she apparently shared her golden voice with her mortal ancestress.

She continued into other songs of her race, the legends that everyone had relegated to myth. The Tree gave its power to show everyone the truth of these songs and tales. She sang of the Elf who had created the dark Elven forest, the one who planted the Tree and gave her life, the one who created the Kings Castle, the one who created the gardens of their realm, the one who created the mystical animals they all took for granted, as well as the golden-eyed elf who had created the very realm in which they all stood. On and on she sang while the Tree showed the truth of their history. She even sang of the enemies of the Golden-Eyed Elves; from Rogue Demons to Dragons, from Necromancers to frightened Humans.  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:15 pm
((And time for the tear-jerker...))

Finally, Wren moved into the last song, the one she’d written herself. The musicians had only received the music without the words so no one knew what this song would be. She knew that Eruaphadion or his mother might figure out what she was doing when she sang it, but it was the only way. She could only hope that they wouldn’t figure it out until it was too late to stop her.

It was a haunting melody, all the more so by the golden glow that surrounded her and filled the center of the room as well as the fact that the Tree sang in echo to her. It was mournful and revealed the pain she’d lived with for centuries and millennia, gave voice to the loneliness she’d felt for so long. It also spoke to the pain all those who lived long lives lived with every day, every decade, every century. She’d written the song long ago, before she’d been given a name. She’d titled it in arrogance with a name she’d imagined for herself to keep herself from going mad. And as she sang, the figures of the lost race came into being before the gathered guests. At first, it just seemed to be another image the Tree was projecting as she had before, but with each line sung, the Lost Race became more clear, more solid, more real:

Ariel's Lament

The sorrow of the Elves, Is they live beyond their time
The Tree of Swords and Jewels waits for me
Until the world forgets them, Save in tales and rhyme
When shall I hang my own?
When shall I hang my own upon the Tree?

The sorrow of the Elves, Is that all they love must die
Time withers all about them, Yet the Elves it passes by
When shall I hang my own

The sorrow of the Elves, Is they dare not touch a friend
The Tree of Swords
For touching brings a change, That magic cannot mend
When shall I hang my own

The sorrow of the Elves, Made them seek another place
The Tree of Swords
And I alone remain, The last of my lost race
When shall I hang my own
The tree of swords and jewels

Now I alone remain, To mourn and count the cost
The Tree of Swords
Of every leaf that fades, And every flower lost
When shall I hang my own

Yes I alone remain, To hold the land that magic made
The Tree of Swords
I can’t hold back the dark, And daily see it fade
When shall I hang my own

The sorrow now is mine, Who harms when I would heal
The Tree of Swords
And how long must I bear the stamp of Sorrows Seal
When shall I hang my own

((Song by Mercedes Lackey))
She was drenched in sweat by now and clearly exhausted, though her voice was as clear and strong as it had begun; she closed her eyes, raising one shaking hand out to the golden glow in the center of the room,
“I Call you now who left us so long ago. I Call now by Maiden, Warrior, Mother, and Crone. I call now by Rover, Guardian, Hunter, and Guide. Come to us now out of Time and Place. I Call by blood and bond. Let my will be done this night!” she called out as the musicians finished the song.

The golden glow around her left in a blinding flash, arching over those seated at the foot of the stage to the center of the room and completing the Calling, bringing the Golden-Eyed Elves back to them all. At the head of all of them was the man she’d been speaking to in her dreams for so long, standing proud and tall and giving her a smile that reached his beautiful golden eyes.

But the flash was bright enough that no one saw the crossbow bolt flying towards Eruaphadion until it altered its course and hit Wren in the chest, drawing a soft gasp from her. It was a protection that had been set up long ago by someone else. As the Kings Protector, she took all attacks meant for the King. And this time it kept Eru alive. Or that was what she thought. This wasn’t what she’d planned, not fully, but it only had her accelerating her plans rather than altering them. Her only thought on it was that her death would serve a purpose, she was grateful for that at least.

But Wren was weakened from the spell she’d wrought this night and gave a shuddering breath as she slowly crumpled to the stage amid shocked gasps from the Golden-Eyed Elves in front of her, hands outstretched as if trying to prevent something that couldn’t be stopped. She blinked fast, struggling to breathe and praying she had the strength for this, knowing that she had no choice now. She raised her voice once more though, easily heard in the shocked silence of the gathered guests, rough with the struggle of her dying body and pain, “By my last breath, one bound is set free. I command this in the name of the Crone and Guide, take this gift and let freedom be restored to life and line. Take this gift and lead me to the Garden of the Ancestors. Let this remain true for all time, the curse bound and destroyed for eternity,” she gasped out the words, finally stopping to give one last groan of pain as her pierced heart struggled to beat around the bolt through it. Finally, she settled and relaxed, her breath leaving her slowly and her golden eyes glazing over before closing for the last time.

As she let out that last breath, another golden glow rose from her body and moved to surround Eruaphadion lifting him into the air. It showed the curse on him as a dark shadow, pulling it from him into a separate sphere of golden light, healing and restoring him to full health and releasing the powers within him that had been bound by the curse. The light slowly eased him back to his place and released him before the sphere above everyone’s heads shattered the curse in a brilliant flash then faded from sight, letting everyone know what Wren’s last words were for. She’d kept her word, a promise she’d given her king and a gift that couldn’t be given a value, a gift given to one she thought worthy of it.

The Tree gave a mournful sound that echoed through the room, for not even she had known of Wren’s plans. Then the Tree did something she had never done before. There was a soft green flash next to Wren’s body, a necklace appearing in the air briefly before dropping to the stage. A simple chain holding a small sword surrounded by a rose vine complete with thorns cast in gold and bronze, hung on a branch long ago and now returned to the one who had left it and a direct match to the small tattoo on Wren’s hip underneath her skirt. Another mournful sound echoed through the hall, this time drawing tears from most of those in the room, more than a few of those in the gathered Golden-Eyed Elves in the center of the room.

But the most telling thing was that not one of the guards in the room had moved to help Wren at all, though they had all seen the crossbow bold fly into her. None of them moved to her even after she gave her last breath and freed Eruaphadion. No. They all ignored her completely. They had been the most deceived in all of this, an ancient enemy telling them that this would protect their king better than one strange Elf ever could.

The identity of the deceiver would be revealed in time, but not until he was ready. Until then, the guards who had been deceived would only be able to describe a man in the shadows who spoke the truth to them. But he’d succeeded in killing Wren tonight, for he’d known full well that her protections on Eru would make the bolt fly straight towards her. It was the only reason he’d aimed for the king instead of his true target.

She laid there on the stage without moving, her blood soaking what should have been, by tradition, her wedding gown. A gift left for her by an unknown suitor and worn to honor the gift, even if she knew she wouldn’t be able to honor the implication of it…  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:47 pm
crying crying (that was not nice red!)

User Image

┈━═☠═━┈┈━══━┈┈━═☠═━┈┈━══━┈┈━═☠═━┈┈━══━┈┈━═☠═━┈┈━══━┈┈━═☠═━┈

Ɇɍʉɑҏɦɑȡɩɵӣ

Eruaphadion stood near the stage greeting the guests and having to do his social duity. Soon wren had called everyone to attention as she began her "gift, and calling"

All listened to her ballads and saw the history of there peoples and clans. from the beginning to the present.
Eruraviel stood near smiling and crying at the memory's oh the history of the clans for it showed everyone the truth and story of the royal line. the secret group from the waring clans seeking the golden ones and from there magick came forth the royal line. She saw herself in her young beauty her ones dark brown hair now turned silver. she saw her husband fall and her children fall in battle and saw herself and the baby eru fly the danger. it was all a bit overwhelming for her and she cried. Eru stood in amazement at his peoples history from the beginning flashing before his eyes now he knew it all , his history, his peoples fears, and troubles, there vary soul of there history.

The lament started and drove many to tears, including the people of the Elen-Gwaith. for there own hearts knew the sorrow of the passing. for they missed there true home they had to fly and would cross the sea to return to at there own passing.
the crowd with wide eyes soon saw the coming of the golden ones and they with tears knelt and watched. tell there eyes where blinded by a flash.

in that instant Wren fell, Eru rose and his curse was lifted and he to fell to earth his form streamed and he got up shakily.
His hand felt wet and warm and when he brought it to his eyes to see what was touch he saw the golden blood of wren. he turned and rushed to her form with the crossbow bolt sticking from her. [colro=darkviolet]"wren!, wren fall not into darkness and death stay among the living!...wren!" he shouted and did his best to stop the blood. his guards finally coming to themselves rushed to seek the assassin. Eru hated to see his friend near death and soon upon its threshold. his faithful guard had taken to her oath.he swear and his body soon brightened with the color of his aura and he felt the rush of his magick a magick he had been feared to use for he when cursed knew it would kill him if he used it though he did not fear of learning the words of the magick he racked his mind for the words of healing and he hoped he would bring back his guard from the brink.

with shaking hands he placed them on the wound and he took a breath clearing his mind. he spoke with all his heart and mind. and wish against hope that his magick would save her. he called to the tree for help he called to the gods for help he cried for the help to save a life.

"Gath sem oro un lam iet, blödh stydja ,Waíse heill! " he called and let loss the flow of deep magick. his palms shown with purple light and the bolt removed it self form her and into his hand to which he cast the bolt, the blood that seeped form her stopped and seemed to return to her body and the wound sealed. eru slumped tired and drained form the use of the magick. his eyes where blurred and his mind fuzzy. he called to wren "wren come back to the light...come be with your peoples that you have called here....wren...oh wren" he rose and looked into her eyes. sighed and closed them and folded her hands upon her chest. he saw the necklace on the ground near her form. he took it up and placed it upon her hands. he leaned close and kissed her forehead and spoke a small whisper. "Wiol pömnuria ilian. Sé mor'ranr ono finna.(may you find peace, for my happiness.)" he spoke and cried. giving her up to be dead and passing into the gates of the beyond.

cTheAngelofMusic

Lonely Phantom

9,975 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:04 pm
The gathered crowd stayed silent in shock as they watched their king try to save Wren's life, that alone inspiring their loyalty to him more than anything else so far. In the center of the room, every one of those she had called forth dropped to their knees and lowered their heads, silent tears rolling down their faces.

In that silence, an answer was given that no one was expecting to hear. Wren drew in air in a harsh gasp, her golden eyes opening wide as her body arched on the stage. Her next few moments were taken up with relearning to breathe as her heart pounded in her chest.

When she could focus, she turned her head to see her king next to her openly crying and frowned for a moment. Then what he'd done rushed through her mind and she reached one shaking hand to rest over his, "My king..." she whispered softly, her voice easily heard in the silence of the room.

She was healed, but still weak from the spells she'd wrought this night. She would survive, but at what cost? She hadn't truly expected to survive this night at all. She'd known what the spells would cost her to cast, but she'd done it anyway, "My king... weep not... you were worth all of it.." she whispered again, her hand still shaking over his and showing him just how weak she was in this moment.

One of the guards moved to the side of the stage to shake his sadly at Eru. They hadn't been able to find the assassin at all. To Wren, though, the respect in the guards eyes for Eru was worth dying for all over again. They were treating him as the king he truly was...  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:22 pm
User Image

Ɇɍʉɑҏɦɑȡɩɵӣ

Eruaphadion looked up and took wrens hand. "My faithful one, its not I who am worthy, but you you would sacrifice much....such a casting would have taken you form us. I don't think I nor my mother who has become quite fond of you would stand for it." he said and called for the healers to take his servant to the house of healing.
Eruraviel came rushing up with Manwe the head doctor. some guards brought a stretcher and she was carefully laid upon it. and escorted under the kings command to be tended to and watched. Eruraviel fallowed close to help as well and to speak with Wren. she smiled down at wren but her eyes said she would have words with her.

Eru stood and spoke. "This act upon my faithful one ,is a act against me and our peoples. I would have this brought to light and justice." he said clear and cold, he gave commands to have a investigation begin to find the person who would harm himself or his servants.

((Eruraviel, Wren, Manwe have exited to the house of healing))

cTheAngelofMusic

Lonely Phantom

9,975 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:46 pm
One of the Golden-Eyed Elves approached the small stage and dropped to a knee in front of Eru. He carried the same timeless quality that Wren did and the same unearthly beauty in his voice and appearance, "My king... Our Wren has chosen well with you... We swear our service to you and your line and offer our services now in the hope of finding the one who intended to take her from us," he said softly, his voice just as musical as Wren's was.

He finally raised his golden eyes to Eru with a serious look, "Sire, you should know that that bolt was intended for none other than Wren. Not yourself. She knew full well of the magic that protects you, as did the one who carried out the attack. Long ago, we chose one of our number to remain bound to this castle and knew what a hardship the duty would be. So we chose the most powerful of us all to stay," he explained to him softly, telling him something of Wren that no one knew, not even Wren...  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:01 pm
User Image

Ɇɍʉɑҏɦɑȡɩɵӣ

Eruaphadion looked up as the golden one approached and he listened with a full mind. he asked the elf to stand and he steeped down level to the golden one. "I thank you for your oath of alliance and it is whole hearty accepted. Wren has done much for this kingdom it would be a great loss to loss her and for her would be assassin to not come to his down fall. she has stayed long form her peoples. through much hardships." he said. handing the man the necklace that had fallen form wrens hand when she was moved. "this belongs to her please take it to her and see if she can help you with your investigation..i also have the bolt here." he said handing over the objects. he wished he could be of more help but his rule had begun and he had other duitys as well as his servants justice on his head.

cTheAngelofMusic

Lonely Phantom

9,975 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Sorrybutgoodbye

Interesting Shapeshifter

6,515 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:10 pm
User Image

amity moved her mind past her missing love as she smiled and listened to Wren and the songs. she had never heard any thing like them and they moved her heart. Nothing could ruin this night or so she thought. It happened so fast, there was the light and the screaming, part of her wondered if she was screaming to when she saw Wren and the blot in her. She could not believe what she was seeing. some on had shot wren her mother grabbed ehr arm as the two could only watch. Part of her kept praying as the king went to her. Wren mutter some thing in ice elven as king saved Wren and she was carried off. amity Watched as her mother left to go see if she could help.

amity just watched before going to see if the king was all right. Stopping a few feet she listened before coming closer. "pardon my King but Wren needs to rest after all of this. she dose not need to be dragged in to finding who tried to kill her" she said, "I may be young but my knowledge on the relam, its peoples and histroy is greater then most. please let me help with the investigation"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:21 pm
The Elf gave a nod to Eru then a bow to Amity as she walked up and listened to her intently before speaking again, "She speaks wisely Sire... I will be able to consult with Wren when she recovers. Until then, perhaps this young lady can see my people settled then aid me with the investigation..." he ended it on a questioning note, knowing full well that while Wren was healed, there was little to be done about restoring her energy beyond simple rest.  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

cTheAngelofMusic

Lonely Phantom

9,975 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:23 pm
Devossy

((eru never said wren should be dragged in atm, he simple stated when wren was able the golden would should speak to her thats all))

Eru turned his attention to amity, he listened to her plea. he nodded. "i think all who wish to help may for there where many peoples here they may have seen something." he said
(gah shorty post))  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:31 pm
User Image

"Thank you My King and you your self should go rest too" amity said with a nodded before she looked at the Male there, "I am Amity, its a honor to meet you. Please let me talk you and your people to rooms that I know are free and will work wonderful for you." She was happy that she would be able to help out in what happened. she jsut prayed they found who shot the blot before they sticked agian.  

Sorrybutgoodbye

Interesting Shapeshifter

6,515 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:44 pm
The elf nodded to Amity and gave a bow to Eru before looking at the necklace in his hand with a small smile, ignoring the bolt for the moment. He knew what the necklace was, what it represented. But he knew that saying anything right now wouldn't be very productive.

He finally raised his head and gestured for his people to follow Amity, "I am Elder Hawk," he introduced himself simply as he folded his fingers around the necklace again, hoping that he hadn't drawn too much attention to it and what it meant to him to see it.

After all, there was more than one reason that Wren had been chosen for her task...  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:53 pm
Amity smiled as every one before curisting one last time to Eru. "Have a good Evening my King" she said before for she led the way out of the ballroom and the halls. she had spent enough time her she knew her way around with out looking. Which she did often when her face was in a book. She found rooms for all of the golden ones before she left Hawk in his room. she told him she was going to check on Wren and her mother. Leaving part of her all so wanted to go talk to the drow king but she would do that later. ((exit))  

Sorrybutgoodbye

Interesting Shapeshifter

6,515 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Jacob 100

cTheAngelofMusic

Lonely Phantom

9,975 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:22 pm
eru said his goodbyes to the golden ones and to elder hawk.
He knew amity was right he himself had use alot of magick and needed his rest. he gestured and his guards formed and they left the room.
The building of alliances and treats would happen in the morning and he needed to be rested.

eru left the grand room and made his way down the castle halls tell he reached the sacred doors of the kings room doors that would only open for wren and the king. the room was the most secured place in the whole castle.

((eru exits to the kings room))  
Elven Realm

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff