Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Genderbending avvies in Gaia ads

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gold
  *gets gold*
View Results

Gummy burrs

Ghostly Regular

14,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:35 pm
Have you guys noticed them?

Representation ftw!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:11 pm
well, dresses on a male avatar are getting popular in some places these days.  

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

Gummy burrs

Ghostly Regular

14,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:14 pm
loonaboots
I'm glad to hear...I didn't know.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:18 pm
retro_rage
loonaboots

they've always been around, actually. many guys prefer to use female bases (often due to more female-oriented items), or because they prefer how it looks on the base. same with girls, they'll use male bases- although, they often use dresses, and not just male-oriented items, like some of the guys. honestly, i do love how the whim sea legs look on male avatars, but i'm not willing to go and change my avi's gender just for some legs, haha. but yeah, it boils down to aesthetics and how different items look on the different gendered avatars, mainly.
                x

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

Gummy burrs

Ghostly Regular

14,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:28 pm
loonaboots
retro_rage
loonaboots

they've always been around, actually. many guys prefer to use female bases (often due to more female-oriented items), or because they prefer how it looks on the base. same with girls, they'll use male bases- although, they often use dresses, and not just male-oriented items, like some of the guys. honestly, i do love how the whim sea legs look on male avatars, but i'm not willing to go and change my avi's gender just for some legs, haha. but yeah, it boils down to aesthetics and how different items look on the different gendered avatars, mainly.
                x
Oh yes...I've seen the user-made avvies like that. I misread and took what you said out of context. I thought you meant that around the world guys wearing dresses is common in certain places.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:30 pm
retro_rage
loonaboots
retro_rage
loonaboots

x
Oh yes...I've seen the user-made avvies like that. I misread and took what you said out of context. I thought you meant that around the world guys wearing dresses is common in certain places.
                well, in some places, it might be, who knows. often times, skirts are unisex in places, so it's not so far-fetched to assume that once, or now currently, somewhere men wore dresses commonly.
                x

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

Gummy burrs

Ghostly Regular

14,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:31 pm
loonaboots
retro_rage
loonaboots
retro_rage
loonaboots

x
                well, in some places, it might be, who knows. often times, skirts are unisex in places, so it's not so far-fetched to assume that once, or now currently, somewhere men wore dresses commonly.
                x
I hope it's a common thing. a free flowing dress is super de duper comfy.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:32 pm
retro_rage
loonaboots
retro_rage
loonaboots
retro_rage
loonaboots

x
                x
                yeah, for some it is. i prefer pants, but to each their own. : )
                x

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

Gummy burrs

Ghostly Regular

14,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:38 pm
loonaboots
retro_rage
loonaboots
retro_rage
loonaboots

x
                x
                yeah, for some it is. i prefer pants, but to each their own. : )
                x
Agreed.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:40 pm
Been here since early 2004.

Initially, very early on, there were entirely different items for male and female bases. But, soon enough that changed (there was a lot of demand), and all new items were generally unisex. There was even a project that went back and unisexed a bunch of older items.

I've been crossdressing my avatar for as long as it's been possible (the first "skirt" guys could equip was a kilt, and there was a blue sleeveless top that kinda gave you boobs), and in addition, I have switched back and forth between male and female bases well over a dozen times.

I haven't seen the ads, but considering how much effort has been expended to make it easy to dress up as either gender, I can't say I'm surprised that they've chosen to depict a genderbending avatar. :p  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas