User Image
Iregi had been traveling for several days now it seemed and he wasn't entirely sure where he was going. He was almost certain he had gotten turned around once or twice due to some pesky hyenas getting into his path. He scowled to himself slightly as he padded quietly through the dusty landscape. As he moved forth he noticed two figures up ahead and they looked familiar to him and it got his hopes up. They were other leopards, he could tell by the gate. It made him somewhat relieved that he was finally going to see another of his kind. As he approached he noticed one of them was rather skinny and not all leopard while the other clearly was. How curious.

Hadeth and Anju had decided they would head east and east it was for them. Anju had gotten the run-down of Hadeths family and Anju finally spilled the beans on her mess of a life back home and she had decided she probably was never going to be going back there. Anju spotted the male first and came to a stop and Hadeth looked over at her and then looked back towards the approaching male. She wasn’t entirely sure if he was friendly and she looked to her friend for guidance.

Hadeth had noticed the others hesitating steps and then the halt all together and then followed her gaze towards the male that was approaching. Hmm. This could be interesting, depending on what was about to go down. She came to a halt besides her friend and watched as he slowed down a bit and seemed unsure of whether or not to come any closer and then finally decided, what the heck and started to saunter their way. “Hello there.”

Iregi watched as the two females came to a stop and he seemed hesitant at this point as to whether or not he should come closer. Being alone had been an interesting feat for him and he wished so much that he had been there when his mother had been attacked by those vicious nasty hyenas. He heard the spotted one call out in greeting and he came closer and kept a shy distance away from the two females. They could be man eaters for all he knew. “Hello.” He said firmly as he eyed them both. They didn’t seem like much of a threat. He had very much missed the company of others of his kind and was hoping perhaps they could tell him if he was going in the right direction. “I’m trying to find the Mazunguko, do either of you know if I’m heading in the right direction?”

Anju had no idea who the Mazunguko were or where they were so she just looked over at Hadeth, she seemed to know a lot.

It was funny that he would mention that pride when the lioness she had met was from them. She frowned for a moment and wondered if she would be seeing her again soon. She was growing quite fond of her. “I do know where they are and you do happen to be heading in the right direction.” She was going to have to learn more about that pride if she wanted to know more about that lioness of hers.

At least he was heading in the right direction and this odd female seemed to know where to go. Perhaps he could tag along. The other one hadn’t spoken much he noticed and that kind of bothered him, “Are you okay? You’re awfully quite.” He said rather blatantly.

Anju looked at him as she realized the question was directed at her and she frowned, “I’m alright. I just didn’t have anything to say really…” She said moving closer to Hadeth. She wasn’t sure if she liked him, he was too forward for her liking, then again she was still getting over the fact that her life mate had left her high and dry and maybe she was just taking it out on him? Maybe she should give him a chance. She looked at Hadeth and then back at him. “What’s your name?”

Hadeth couldn’t help but find the whole situation rather entertaining and she made sure to keep her laughter to herself. This poor male had no idea what he had found himself getting into.

He lifted his head a bit and looked at the sherbet colored female and snorted slightly. “I’m Iregi. And who, may I ask, are you?” She was a demanding little thing wasn’t she?

She narrowed her eyes slightly at him and then looked to the side and then back at him. “I’m Anju..”

“And I’m Hadeth. Now that the pleasantries have been done how about we all three get a move on it? That is, of course, if you care to join us. I’m sure the way towards the Mazunguko pride is going to be a long and lonesome one and should best be done with company. Don’t you agree?” It was times like this that Hadeths Age truly came out. She wasn’t as young as most thought she was, it was because of her lineage she was able to pass for a few years.

Anju couldn’t help but look at Hadeth as she spoke, she rarely heard her talk in tongues as such and she realized she never actually knew how old she was. She had never thought to ask and she hadn’t guessed she was much older than herself, if anything possibly the same age or younger. Guess she was going to have to deal with the male tagging along, if he decided to say yes to the invitation. Anju was just iffy about him, though maybe he’d grow on her. Probably not though.

Iregi couldn’t argue with the logic of the colorful female and he gave her a curt nod and figured he’d take her up on that offer. What did he have to lose by tagging along with them? It meant more opportunities for food and they were less likely to get attacked if they stuck together. “I would have to agree.” With that he joined into the duo to make it a trio and the three of them continued on their way with Anju constantly sneaking glances at the larger male like a child.

[Word Count: 1052]