Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: The Way of the Ninja

Back to Guilds

A Naruto role-playing guild using the d20 system, for semi-lit and above RPers. 

Tags: Naruto, roleplay, d20 system, semi-literate, literate 

Reply Crew Test Forum
Stuff.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Qyp
Crew

Manly Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:43 am
Kubikiribōchō (首斬り包丁 "Decapitating Carving Knife")
Type: Legacy (Seven Swordsmen of the Mist)
History: The most known user is the great Zabuza Momochi, who wielded it like a demon in the mist! He was feared when using that blade, all would cower in fear knowing that it was him, that came to fight them, and most likely kill them.
Later, in came into the possession of Konoha for a time, before they finally agreed to hand it back to Kirigakure so the Swordsman, Chōjūrō, could find new wielders amongst the residents of Kirgakure.
Description: The blade itself has two cut outs, a circle close to the top and a semi-circular one nearer the handle, that aptly fit the sword's purpose of decapitation. The latter notch allows a strap to be wrapped around the weapon, making it easier for the user to carry. Its extremely long handle is also detachable to further aid transportation and then reattached when required for combat.
Damage: (10 - 20) + [1.5x str mod] + [(1 - 2) per 4 levels in Kubikiribōchō]
Range: Melee
Requirements: Strength 40, Dexterity 25
Acquisition: Plot specific
Special: If blade is damage, it adsorbed the iron from victim's blood to repair itself.
The hole and semi-circle of the blade can be used as a means of "grapple". If you somehow trap people via getting around their necks, they must roll a an Escape Artist check vs the Kubikiribōchō skill.
Dual Wield: No
Owner: Seven Swordsmen of the Mist

Kabutowari (兜割 "Helmet Splitter")
History: (If Applicable)
Description: It consists of a giant axe and hammer, linked end-to-end by a flat thin leather-like rope, which together are referred to as a "bluntsword" (鈍刀, dontō) that is said to be able to break through any defence. Although the length of cord means each weapon can be utilised individually, to cut and crush obstructions respectively, their true strength lies in their capability to be employed in conjunction with one another. When facing a particularly difficult or seemingly impenetrable defence; the wielder can first attack by striking with the axe, before slamming the hammer downwards onto its blunt backside, thus using the blade like a wedge to drive straight through the offending obstacle and into the desired target located behind.
Damage: Axe Strike (5 - 10 + [1.3x str mod] + [(1 - 2) per 4 levels in Kabutowari]
Hammer strike (10 - 20 + [1.6x str mod] + [(1 - 2) per 4 levels in Kabutowari]
Requirements: Strength 35, Dexterity 30
Acquisition:
Special: Blocks only works on the Axe Strike, it automatically goes through any block attempt during Hammer Strike.
Critical hits can cause opponent broken bones and then they become helpless.
No duel wield penalty.
Dual Wield: It's a duel wield weapon for itself only.

Shibuki (飛沫 "Splash")
History:
Description: The blade utilises various explosive tags, contained within a substantial scroll, in order to incorporate explosions into the user's own swordsmanship, earning it the title of "blastsword" (爆刀, bakutō). The sword itself features two distinct sides, with a narrow cutting edge located down the entirety of one length and a wide platform section on the other. The aforementioned scroll unrolls along this latter side, sliding downwards and resting atop its surface to form an individual segment comprised from numerous explosive tags, which separates from the remainder upon detonation. Only once the desired opponent comes into contact with the platform, do the explosive tags finally ignite and then detach, providing a small opportunity for the user to escape the devastating blast radius, while simultaneously compensating for any resultant recoil. The sword is seemingly able to reload another segment of tags onto the platform, automatically after each strike.
Damage: Explosive Tag Damage + [(1 - 2) per 2 levels in Chakra Control]
Requirements: Strength 25, Chakra Control 40
Acquisition: Plot
Special: Due to the fact the the explosions are at point blank, the victim is temporarily disorientated, blind and deaf. They have pass 3 separate fortitude checks in order to regain their full senses.
Dual Wield: No

Kiba (牙 "Fangs")
History: (If Applicable)
Description: It is a pair of swords, each with slim and straight double-edged blades. Both blades also have an upward-curved bladed prong near the tip of one side of blade and another one near the base of the blade's other side. They each have been imbued with lightning, displaying enhanced cutting power in a manner similar to the high-frequency vibrations of lightning-based chakra flow. It is this capability that has resulted in these "thunderswords" (雷刀, raitō) being claimed as the sharpest swords in existence.
Damage: 4 - 12 + [1.25x Dex. mod] + [(1 - 2) per 4 levels in Chakra Control]
Requirements: Dexterity 25, Chakra Control 35
Acquisition:
Special: Critical hits cause temporary paralysis.
No penalty on duel wield since they go together always.
Dual Wield: Yes.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:38 am
Proto has already made the last one, looking over them quickly now, I would say add a requirement to have some kind of great skill in some kind of sword.

For example:
-Kubikiri: Nodachi 55
-Kiba: Katana 55  

Gideon Commando
Crew

Qyp
Crew

Manly Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:52 pm
Gideon Commando
Proto has already made the last one, looking over them quickly now, I would say add a requirement to have some kind of great skill in some kind of sword.

For example:

Yeah, I suppose...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:59 pm
Gideon Commando

Yes, I already made the last one.  

ProtoXtreme
Vice Captain

Obsessive Gaian

9,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200

Qyp
Crew

Manly Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:14 pm
Gideon Commando

For example:

Actually, I was going by the fact that the Samehada only has 2 stat requirements, and Hoshigaki Clan...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:21 pm
Qyp
Gideon Commando

For example:

Actually, I was going by the fact that the Samehada only has 2 stat requirements, and Hoshigaki Clan...

Samehada is a bit of special case, since it's alive, and the Hoshigaki all use a weapon based on it during much of their lives.  

Gideon Commando
Crew

Qyp
Crew

Manly Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:27 pm
Gideon Commando
Qyp
Gideon Commando

For example:

Samehada is a bit of special case, since it's alive, and the Hoshigaki all use a weapon based on it during much of their lives.

Hmm, true.

So what weapon for Kabutowari? Since it's two weapons... what do?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:32 pm
Maybe the swords need "technique training"... Since they so different to normal weapons...  

Qyp
Crew

Manly Lunatic

Gideon Commando
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:02 pm
Qyp
Gideon Commando
Qyp
Gideon Commando

For example:

Hmm, true.

So what weapon for Kabutowari? Since it's two weapons... what do?

The kusarigama, since it's using two weapons connected by a chain?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:03 pm
The skill points wouldn't have apply to the new weapons, so if you wanted to be good at using them you'd have to practice and get specific skills with them.  

Gideon Commando
Crew

Qyp
Crew

Manly Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:11 pm
So whats the point of having a weapon skill requirement, if you can't transfer?

Or maybe that training can be how you transfer?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:05 pm
Actually, since Legacy Weapons are usually far more powerful than their regular counterparts, it was discussed that they should be a skill of their own to train from scratch, both as a balance issue and as a logic one since they are meant to be very unique in their wielding.

I think it's a good idea to make some of those, although I think I'd wait until there was some genuine interest in some of them before going through the trouble of making them all.

Also, for Legacy Weapons, I suggest we use the same "weapon ability" model I used for Samehada, both to uniformize everything and to make things clearer when being wielded.

I'm actually working on one of those myself for the moment... can't tell why xp (don't worry, it's not so that Hiru could dual wield two legendary sowrds xd ). Since it's not the most popular I don't think it's the first one people will come after so I suggest you just post one you'd like to work on so I can say if it's the same one I'm doing. I'll give you a look at it once it's ready!  

Hoshigaki Hiru
Crew

Qyp
Crew

Manly Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:22 am
Hoshigaki Hiru
Actually, since Legacy Weapons are usually far more powerful than their regular counterparts, it was discussed that they should be a skill of their own to train from scratch, both as a balance issue and as a logic one since they are meant to be very unique in their wielding.

I think it's a good idea to make some of those, although I think I'd wait until there was some genuine interest in some of them before going through the trouble of making them all.

Also, for Legacy Weapons, I suggest we use the same "weapon ability" model I used for Samehada, both to uniformize everything and to make things clearer when being wielded.

I'm actually working on one of those myself for the moment... can't tell why xp (don't worry, it's not so that Hiru could dual wield two legendary sowrds xd ). Since it's not the most popular I don't think it's the first one people will come after so I suggest you just post one you'd like to work on so I can say if it's the same one I'm doing. I'll give you a look at it once it's ready!

Uh, Kabutowari? I actually want that for Mizuiro...

I actually want them made, because... I wanted a island just for the Seven to gather... A special place just for them.

Also, show me the template for Samehada?  
Crew Test Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games