Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC/OOC] Gods' Haven [IC/OOC]
[OOC] God Quest Approvals [OOC] (Open) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:48 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Safe Haven, or Haven
Existing Overlapping Domains: Refugees, Protection
Definition: A place of shelter and safety
Relevance: Many are looking for a safe place to live and be protected, and be at ease with the thought that someone is out there keeping their haven protected and save.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:10 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Sting Rays
Existing Overlapping Domains: Fish, Oceans, Nature, Prehistoric Animals
Definition: Stingrays are a group of rays, which are cartilaginous fish related to sharks. They are classified in the suborder Myliobatoidei of the order Myliobatiformes and consist of eight families.
Relevance: Stingrays are common in coastal tropical and subtropical marine waters throughout the world. Some species are found in warmer temperate oceans, and others, are found in the deep ocean. The river stingrays, and a number of whiptail stingrays (such as the Niger stingray), are restricted to fresh water. Most myliobatoids are demersal (inhabiting the next-to-lowest zone in the water column); but some, such as the pelagic stingray and the eagle rays, are pelagic.

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:47 am
Approve Me!
Domain: Meteor Shower
Existing Overlapping Domains: Comets, Stars, Night
Definition: Meteor Showers are a celestial event where a number of meteors are seen to radiate or originate from one point in the night sky. Caused by streams of cosmic debris called meteoroids entering the Earth’s Atmosphere at extremely high speeds on parallel trajectories.
Relevance: Meteor Showers can be seen all over the world, depending on which shower it is, as well as the time of year and the planet’s rotation. Being that there are no artificial lights in SoA it would make seeing these Celestial events much easier.

Approve Me!
Domain: Disease
Existing Overlapping Domains: Pestilence(Overlapping), Plauge(Overlapping), Illness(Overlapping), Healing(Polar), Death(Parent), Life(Parent Polar?)
Definition: a disorder of structure or function in a human, animal, or plant, especially one that produces specific signs or symptoms or that affects a specific location and is not simply a direct result of physical injury.
Relevance: Everyone gets sick and suffers from Diseases that are spread through the world by bacteria, viruses and even more. Animals are not exempt to any of this, making this a particularly revered or feared domain.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:30 am
Approve Me!
Domain: Dancing
Existing Overlapping Domains: The Arts
Definition: Represents the physical activity of dancing, which is moving rhythmically in a pattern of steps.
Relevance: There are plenty of SoA that dance! Many SoA, both in prides and in the roguelands, engage in dancing. They should have a patron!

Kaliforneum

Celestial Kitten

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:28 pm
I blame Caj mentioning PONY GODS xD; *Brick'd*

Approve Me!
Domain: Poisonous Flowers
Existing Overlapping Domains: Plants, Flowers, Poison, Poisonous Plants(A sub-domain of Poisonous Plants, in fact)
Definition: Flowers that are toxic either in part or fully upon ingestion - Does not apply to plants that then become fruit-bearing as a result of their flowers, but actual flowers(Including lilies)
Relevance: Poisonous Flowerss would be a sub-domain of both Flowers and Poisonous Plants(Which itself is a sub-domain of Plants, and I would say Poison)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:44 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Guardians
Existing Overlapping Domains: Guards (would be a parent domain), Duty
Definition: One that stands guard over a specific individual, with special emphasis on individuals that cannot defend or otherwise care for themselves.
Relevance: Guardian/ward relationships are not uncommon, and traveling rogues particularly tend to fall into such a partnership, with the stronger guardian looking out for the weaker ward.

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

Boudaihobbit

5,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:26 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Trees
Existing Overlapping Domains: Earth, Plant Domains, Woods, Nature
Definition: Trees are tall plants with large trunks and wide branches
Relevance: Trees can provide SoA with shelter from the rain and sun. They are also fun to climb.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:34 am
Approve Me!
Domain: Rocks
Existing Overlapping Domains: Earth, crystals, gems, glaciers, ice,
Definition: A rock is any coherent, naturally occurring substance generally composed of minerals. Rocks do not promote growth of plants or things like that. This domain would focus primarily on formation of the three kinds of rocks: Igneous, metamorphic and sedimentary
Relevance: Rocks are extremely important for formation of dens, places to sunbathe and even to eat for help with digestion/buoyancy.

Approve Me!
Domain: Emotions
Existing Overlapping Domains: Any emotion based domain (all subdomains)
Definition: Emotion a natural instinctive state of mind deriving from one's circumstances, mood, or relationships with others. Happiness, sadness, anger, love- they are all emotions, though specific kinds.
Relevance: emotions exist in EVERYTHING, including animals. =D There was already negative emotions, but no... ALL emotion.

Approve Me!
Domain: Sectors
Existing Overlapping Domains:
Definition: an area or portion that is distinct from others.
Relevance: Splitting things up and being organized is common, particularly in prides. Some prides have different groups based on color, species or gender. they are parts that make a circle whole.

Approve Me!
Domain: Performing Arts
Existing Overlapping Domains: The arts (parent),
Definition: an act of staging or presenting a play, concert, or other form of entertainment. Unlike the arts in general, which includes both performance and visual arts, Performance only focuses on theatre, music and dance.
Relevance: Entertainment is a big part of some prides, and in general a little bit of a show can be welcome. Performing arts would boost those prides that focus on things like Acting, Singing for an audience and Dancing for an audience.

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Zosie

Fashionable Bear

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:47 am
Approve Me!
Domain: Affection
Existing Overlapping Domains: Love, friendship, loyalty, fathers, mothers, passion, virtue
Definition: A gentle feeling of liking or fondness, often comes with different types of love but not always.
Relevance: Affection is found in mates, friendship, family, and even those who do not get along may have an affectionate moment or action towards one another in a certain situation. It's not as strong as love - but it runs through various types of relationships.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:12 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Blood Moons
Existing Overlapping Domains: Moon, Lunar Eclipse
Definition: When the Earth casts it's shadow on the moon during a total lunar eclipse, in rare instances the moon will glow red. This is typically seen as an omen that times of great change are near.
Relevance: Without clocks or calenders, many SoA look to the stars, the sun, and the moon for information about what is to pass in their lands

Approve Me!
Domain: Euphoria
Existing Overlapping Domains: Happiness, Pleasure
Definition: A feeling of ecstatic joy and excitement
Relevance: When things are good, when things are really good, sometimes SoA can experience a high of positive energy in the from of euphoria.

Big Hobbit

Astounding Loiterer

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 9:54 am
I don't now if I need to post this here since when I won him he as a CC Domain.

Approve Me!
Domain: Dirt
Existing Overlapping Domains: Earth,
Definition: loose soil or earth; the ground, a substance, such as mud or dust, that soils someone or something.
Relevance: It's the stuff you walk on, which can get you very dirty.
He is already approved.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:24 am
Approve Me!
Domain: Protection
Existing Overlapping Domains: Goodwill (Because to ask for protection means to have goodwill for someone) , Healing (Because of the safety of protection can also cover recovering from harm?), Strength (To have the power to protect those that you love)
Definition: To keep someone safe, to save from injury or harm.
Relevance: Protection is a key element in why some lions fight in soa because they want their home and their families to be safe. Even rogues who are on their own may pray for protection against the elements and the unseen enemies that lurk nearby. Lovers of warriors will pray for their other half to be protected in battle as well and etc…

Approve Me!
Domain: Battle
Existing Overlapping Domains: War (But this should be alright since Battle does not mean all the battles overall but rather each individual fight or spar that may happen without a war having to go on as well) Strength (Another thing that plays a role in fighting) Strategy (As this may change battles as well) Bruises (As these may result from battles)Courage (The courage to stay strong in battle)
Definition: To fight and struggle against something or another either on your own or in a large clashing group.
Relevance: Fighting is a relevant part of SOA and battles result from that. Whether it is enemies trying to invade a pride, battles in wars, or a battle of two warriors in the rogue lands battles are always going to be happening.

Approve Me!
Domain: Tides
Existing Overlapping Domains: Water (As the tides exist in the waters), Moon (as it is the attraction of the moon which pulls the ocean towards it), Ocean (As this is the exact place where tides occur the most due to the large body of water pulling towards the moon), Thirst (to be lost in the tides at sea is to die of thirst for fresh water on land)
Definition: The movement of the sea as they drift day in and day out.
Relevance: Tides are important to the SOA living along the shores of the continent. The tides can be joyful as they reveal treasures of the ocean as they leave the beaches or they can be a danger as tides will reach out to lost soa and grab them into the ocean depths.  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:34 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Crossroads
Existing Overlapping Domains: Beginnings [new things can begin at a crossroad]
Choices [Which way do I go, George?]
Navigation [Which way do I go?]
Sacred Ground [More than a few cultures have considered crossroads to be sacred, safe ground.]
Definition: The place where two paths or more meet, a point where multiple decisions can be made that lead in different directions.
Relevance: SoA make choices in life, create trails, follow trails, and cross paths many times over.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:09 am
Approve Me!
Domain: Disasters (I can understand if this doesn't get approved as it is a rather broad topic and has quite a few overlaps. figured I'd give it a go)
Existing Overlapping Domains: Destruction, Floods, Drought, Fire, Famine, Plague, Hurricanes, Tornadoes,
Definition: A disaster is an event, normally tragic, that can cause a loss of life, damage, hardship or failure.
Relevance: Disasters are a part of what makes the world go round. Without a disaster here and there the world would not be able to rebuild itself in a better image. For example, it's common for a fire to destroy a forest for rebuilding purposes. The ground left over is rather fertile and great for regrowth, especially if the forest was already dead.

Approve Me!
Domain: Discord
Existing Overlapping Domains: War, Negative Emotions, trickery
Definition: A cause for disagreement, a lack in harmony, strife which could cause for war.
Relevance: The world isn't perfect so there needs to be a balance between what is considered good and what is considered evil. Discord kind of falls in the middle as it is the reason for a disagreement or a lack of

Approve Me!
Domain: Anxiety
Existing Overlapping Domains: Fear, Negative Emotions
Definition: Anxiety is a distress or uneasiness of mind caused by fear of danger or misfortune. Can also be brought on by a traumatic experience.
Relevance: Anxiety is a part of dealing with emotions. It could be fear of losing a position you had worked hard to gain, or just pre-prep jitters before a large speech in front of a large crowd. It can be a hindrance or a stepping stool, it just depends on the form in which it comes to it's inhabitant.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:11 pm
Approve Me! 
Domain: Aquatic Plants
Existing Overlapping Domains: The Drawned, Flowers, Herb Lore, Oceans, Plants, Poisonous Plants, Rivers, Water, Waterfalls
Definition: Plants that have adapted to living in aquatic environments (saltwater or freshwater)
Relevance: Aquatic plants are found all over the world including Africa. SoAs can interact with the plants when they are near lakes, rivers or the ocean.  
[IC/OOC] Gods' Haven [IC/OOC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff