Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:52 pm
magnadearel

User Image

For every advancement that Runa made at hiding, she lost her ability to hide within herself. Away from the eyes of the pride, from the class system and duties of her station, she was able to loose herself to the freedom. Hunts became a chance to spread her wings and fly. All in all, while it was a freeing experience, it also made her insanely guilty. Why should she find so much contentment, when it came on the lives she had sworn vengeance for?

Time had passed, so it natural for her to shift from half-baked healer into hunting tutor. She'd tried to pass along as much general survival knowledge as she could, partially afraid to step on boundaries, and finding it hard to open up just a bit to another lion. If they were to live out here, no matter the duration, he would have to be able to contribute, so what was wrong? Why did she stumble with words when it was so easy to hunt? Wasn't that sincere enough?

Runa crossed a little spot, checked a few times, and slipped into the river as far as she dared, which was pretty far. The larger lioness waded in to her shoulders, drinking as well as entertaining herself. With a little sigh, she dipped her head under the water and shook out all the dust from her fur.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:54 pm
Painted Moose

User Image

Meshach gave a careful stretch. He was filling much better. The careful care Runa had given him certainly helped. He was sure her care had lessened how badly he looked now. The purple male gave a wince as a scar told him it wasn't ready for that stretch.

With him almost healed, he was able to put more effort into things. Lend a paw to tasks like hunting. And it was good Runa was around for that too! With her help hunting was made easy. He was looking forward to another lesson tonight. Perhaps he'd get past stalking this time. The ex-prince went off to find his mentor. He spotted the lioness in the water and sat down to watch. Meshach sat there grinning, waiting for her to notice.

magnadearel

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:48 am
magnadearel

When Runa breached the water's surface she had a genuine smile on her maw. A quick shake of her head had most of her waterlogged mane out of her eyes, but just enough for left to make her look like a swamp monster.

She was just about to go down once more when she noticed Meshach. Her smile gave way to a snorted grin, and she shook her head, more than a little embarrassed at having been caught. Slowly, careful of her steps on the stones closer to shore, Runa stalked over to him, her grin becoming more devilish. As soon as she was close enough she gave herself a good shake, sending a spray of water his way.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:40 am
Painted Moose

He was trying to keep himself from laughing. She looked like she was having a good time. Then came the sneak attack. Meshach gave a melodramatic groan as the spray coated him in damp water. "Ugh! I've been hit!" He fell over onto his side and raised a paw. "Go on without me. I'm done for." He let his paw drop with his eyes closed, "dead". After a moment he cracked an eye.  

magnadearel

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:42 am
magnadearel

Runa shook her head with a laugh, giving into an eyeroll. Or two. "Oh no, whatever shall I do, now that you are dead?" She made a fake sob, and drooped her shoulders for a second before shrugging with a mischievous smirk. "I guess I'll just have to call the buzzards to do their duty now..."

After a few moments of fake grieving, she gave him a light smack on the shoulder, looking at him with a pensive, yet amused grin. "Time to wake the dead. You've still got a lot more training to do before you can kill over now."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:49 am
Painted Moose

The purple male was doing his best not to laugh at their mock-scene. The quivering of his muscles betrayed him though. It really was hard to play dead. Meshach would rather play dead than be dead. He gave a grunt at the smack on his shoulder and opened both eyes with a snort.

"Tch harsh one you are. Haven't you heard about peace for the dead? Ah well you're a hard taskmaster." He gave Runa a grin as he rolled up onto his paws. In truth he looked forward to these training hunts. It got him away from the seriousness of the situation of the pride and let him relax just a tiny bit. "Yes O-Tutor! Where shall we vanquish next?"

magnadearel

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:09 pm
magnadearel

"Better than to be harsh than let you keep on until your buzzard food." She quipped, giving into a little light chuckle herself. When she signed onto his venture, she didn't expect him to be such a goof ball at times, and it made being out on their own a little easier.

"Today, I'll let you have your choice." Shaking the last bit of water out of her mane, she paused to mull over the options and settled on a firm two. "We can either work on survival skills or take down a crocodile." To her, neither were THAT extreme, and seemed like a good way to let off steam. After all, it was something she'd learned as a young one, on her own with her sister, so it wasn't really that bad, right?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:18 pm
Painted Moose

He moaned and mimed a blow to the heart with his paw. "Ugh! Straight to the heart. Or maybe the stomach." Meshach winked as he put his paw back down. He looked eager when she said he could pick, however the misgivings on his face were clear when she said crocodile. The memory of when she'd first shown and warned him about the great reptiles was clear in his mind. He'd blanched then at going near one and almost had been afraid to go near the river.

After awhile he'd noticed where they preferred to lay and hang out in the water; places which he carefully avoided. Now though. "Um, how exactly would we be taking down a crocodile?" Meshach was pretty sure he'd be going with option one, but it didn't hurt to ask. She'd probably bring it up later as another lesson anyhow.

magnadearel

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:30 pm
magnadearel

She wasn't thrilled to see the spark die down in him at the mention of crocodiles, but it needed to be done. She knew he wasn't a fan of them, nor was she, in all honesty and that the river itself could be a dangerous spot if they weren't careful. However, Runa wasn't about to back down from teaching him important skills just because she wanted to keep him smiling. Part of life was facing things you didn't want to, and no matter how light-hearted the day was, she still had so many things to teach him.

"One of us would distract it, bring it up on dry land while the other came in from the back to make it upset. With all of it's thrashing and snapping, we would have to make a precise strike to flip it onto it's backside. From then everything would have to be quick; a fast strike to the softer underbelly to end it before you get caught."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:39 pm
Painted Moose

Meshach was torn. Face the crocodiles now or later? He'd rather avoid them altogether. The male gave a swallow, not bothered by showing his discomfort to the lioness. What she said sort of made sense, but he'd watched enough to know this would be dangerous. They were quick beasts, and he didn't enjoy the thought of getting close enough to flip one over.

"Alright, lets go take 'em on today." After dealing with crocs though, survival should be a walk in the savannah. It didn't make him feel any better now. However, there was the thought of the reward of not facing them later that would be his encouragement. Meshach started to walk toward the river. "So what if your by yourself?"

magnadearel

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:52 pm
magnadearel

"That's the spirit. See, I knew you had it in you." She had to stop herself from giving him too much praise before the act itself had been committed, but this was one step towards a take charge hunting experience. Runa knew he had it, she'd heard the stories about how he got the scars, after all, she just needed him to channel it.

"If you're by yourself it's insane." Runa stated bluntly. She walked along the river, gaining ground as she moved closer to the crocodile invested areas. "It's possible, but don't start getting any ideas."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:08 pm
Painted Moose
Want to rp this out or not?

He didn't -quite- shake his head. That was still yet to be seen. She had faith in him, and he was grateful for that. Without it, he would never even had considered it.

"Mmmmm," he mumbled. Oh that was definitely not reassuring. Meshach blinked at her. "Wouldn't think of it. I was just curious." Like he would! Even with two of them he was having his doubts. He took a deep breath as they came into sight where the crocodiles liked to sunbathe. Sure enough there was several out on the shore.

magnadearel

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:04 pm
magnadearel
Doesn't matter to me. c:

Runa paced herself to walk jauntily beside him. This was a different sort of test; one for his will as much as the strength of mind he'd gained while in the rogue lands, and she had faith he'd make it through. It might be hard for him, but....She didn't want to dwell on how much confidence she had in him, but there was a lot she'd seen of the royal that she'd never expected.

He was smart, caring, loyal, and righteous. Admirable, really, and chivalrous. Everyday spent with him made her want to help him more. Leaning closer, she thumped his shoulder with her own and grinned. "We don't have to do this, you know. I was mostly bullshitting. I mean, it might be fun, but I like my paws just the way they are."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:28 pm
Painted Moose
I'll call this the last post unless you want to make a final post for her to finish up. He has enough rps now. Do you want to throw them up in the breeding thread, or see what Ecavi says about the pride's plots?

The scarred male took a deep breath. He flashed a toothy grin at her for the shoulder bump. "Ah but I do! Can't back out of my manhood rites y'know." Meshach gave a throaty chuckle as he began to lead the way, his head held high. Yes he would face this test, and prove himself worthy to redeem the pride from his murdering nephew. The purple lion headed confidently to meet his fate with the special lioness next to him.  

magnadearel

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:44 pm
magnadearel
Hrm. Maybe ask Cavi first? Just to get everything clarified so we're all ready to go. And if you want to send his stuff over to me via PM, I can fill out the form. c; She still needs one more rp, and I can work on that this weekend!

She snorted on a laugh. "Manhood rites?" Oh Great Lion above, she was going to get them killed! Still, she couldn't help chuckling, and shaking her head. Runa followed behind him, rolling her shoulders as she walked. There was more to him than she'd ever thought, and as long as he wanted her around, hell, even when he didn't, she'd be there at his side. Bickering, snapping, laughing, and guarding his back.

As long as he smiled like that, she would go to the ends of the earth for him.

(Fin)  
[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff