Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Nintendo 3DS Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where all the Nintendo 3DS owners can come together. 

Tags: Nintendo 3DS, Friend Codes, N3DS, Nintendo, Mario 

Reply The Official Nintendo 3DS Guild
Spotpass Function on Swapnote Discontinued!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maxmel
Vice Captain

Wealthy Millionaire

6,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:30 am
Yes the unthinkable is true

"Nintendo has learned that some consumers, including minors have been exchanging friend codes on internet bulletin boards and then using Swapnote (known as Nintendo Letter Box in other regions) to exchange offensive material. Nintendo has been investigating ways to preventing this and determined it was best to stop the Spotpass feature of Swapnote because it allows direct exchange of photos and it was actively misused." *

This means you can't send or receive new notes or pictures to or from your friends anymore, this is a major crushing blow to the app leaving only the streetpass function as an only means of communication.

*source Important Information on 3DS, Nintendo)  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:06 pm
I was reading about this. I was going to post another 'question time' swapnote now that midterms are over. Maybe you guys got lucky not seeing my notes, hahaha.

I'm very sad now. Maybe we should do something on the 21st for Nikki's birthday!  

HappyFreshener

Lady Rysuka

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:18 pm
I'm very upset about this, I wanted to show off my Halloween room sad  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:33 pm
This is very much a "What did you think was going to happen" kind of moment. The gaming culture is one that is OBSESSED with drawing dicks if given a medium to do so.

Super Smash Brothers: d**k shaped custom stages

Journey: Dicks drawn in the sand

Wind waker: Dicks cut out of grass.

Even when there is no clear way to draw dicks, you cannot stop the d**k artists from their craft.

That being said I've heard it's temporary but that could be wrong.  

XrosHeartless

Wrathful Shade

Tanooki John

Girl-Crazy Gaian

18,125 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:38 am
I heard about this from an employee from GameStop. I know it sucks but until they find a new way to prevent this problem with the offensive content, were gonna have to deal with it. I hate not having Swapnote working, and I never sent any offensive material. I don't blame Nintendo, I blame the careless pricks who abused Swapnote that lead to this. stressed  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:05 pm
I understand what Nintendo did and all and even then, they said they apologize to the people who were using Swapnote "Responsibly", leave it to a bunch of rotten apples to spoil It for the rest of crop of good apples, I get too much of that at WORK! sheesh scream

Again I don't blame Nintendo at all, but they should have seen this coming before the thought of Swapnote being an actual app. oh well I guess it's back to the drawing board for them.  

Maxmel
Vice Captain

Wealthy Millionaire

6,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
The Official Nintendo 3DS Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers