Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RPFLA Home
Questions, Comments, Concerns : Suggestion Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yeshaya Silver

Omnipresent Prophet

10,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:36 pm
I feel I have to speak.

I know my comment won't remain long, but in light of the recent announcement I feel it's my place to say what has been on my mind for years.

I've been a member of Gaia as long as I have been a member of this guild--that is to say, five years. In this space of time, I've been party to a number of events, particularly with the literate roleplaying board.

kaykeyser, if he wanted to be involved, should involve himself. This is not his personal band of friends. He has never taken an interest in running this place, only participating, and the times he has taken an administrative position while in my time here it has gone horribly, terribly awry. The mass exodus of most literate roleplay members was due to his terrible and one-sided management position on an otherwise inconsequential little spat, along with his invitation for us all to leave, as we were, I recall him saying, "Elitist". He doesn't want to lead a guild. He wants to run one without the responsibility of running it.

I feel I have no choice but to remove myself from this community. I have no place here without the backbone of the literate board; I have grown beyond the childish antics of our so called guild leader. I thank those of you who I roleplayed with; I remember WitchAlchemist to be a lovely admin. Thank you for the time and I hope you all have a lovely time roleplaying, but I unfortunately will not be party to it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:56 pm
              Glad you like that. = w=

& Hm. I think the Character's Profile can just go into the OOC.
              It is out of character business after all and I kinda like that idea, using the that subforum for personal ads instead.

edit: Sorry if I'm not being all that helpful. I'm not really good at these kind of things.
              Group projects and stuff. Haha. I'm like that kid in the back of the class who is always quiet and alone.

edit 2: I liked it when the Test Threads had its own subforum but then Hikari put it in with the OOC.
              I dun know why but it just feels crowded in there to me. Can we possibly put it back to the way it was?

Fool the Gander

Shameless Perfectionist

Drunken Aunt Coral

Tipsy Sex Symbol

12,975 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:56 am
Woah.... I leave to make dinner and this is what I come back to! YAY interactions! This is more of getting ideas and what not. It's absolutely lovely! :3

Anyway I'll quote each to give my opinions and what not..

Je Te Souviens

We are working on making this a much better place and Kay may or may not be giving up his captain's seat. Hopefully you can stick with us and make some suggestions? I may not be apart of the crew, but I'm sure that the crew would love to hear what you have to say. :3

Gandering Fool

With the new tagging system you brought it, that does make it much easier. And with the whole singles RP in the other forums, those are the ones that need to be locked and they need to know that they are in the wrong section. Just having personal ads and what not in there make it extremely confusing. Also, I think you're doing wonderfully. :3 It's not easy to work together, especially if opinions differ.

WitchAlchemist

It took me a bit to figure out quotes. And we do keep reading it. :3

Yay for meet and greets! For the school... Yikes. I never used it when I first started off. I just tried to join RP's with more literate folk than I that were willing to teach me what they knew. (I don't know if you remember CrimsonFangs). I worked on everything myself. I think we should put something to that affect though and just have RP's in there that a higher level of literate Rper's will create and perhaps help the less advanced along?

To both:

The whole thing with the schooling is that people don't want to admit that they aren't great with writing. They don't want to feel like they suck. It can be a downer really. So if we titled it something else to make them feel like they aren't being taught, but are being viewed as equal with the person they are Rping with?

Perhaps it could be in the 1x1 section? That gets rid of the 1x1 since if there is a tagging system implemented more so than now then we can just use the 1x1 for the 'school'

And if we are to go with that idea, I think we will need a few dedicated literate rper's that are willing to constructively build up those that are wanting to learn more.

It would be more of nudging them in the right direction. Some people think they are a hot tamale and refuse to admit that their writing could improve in certain areas. So having an RP section that accepts anyone that wishes to join.

EX:

Let's say that Witch decides to join in on this. She would create a simple, yet fun rp that would draw in the newer members of Gaia. She get's a response like this

" Liberty stood in the forest. "Hello?" She called out. *turns around* "Is anyone there?" No one was there. "

We could help the person by quoting them and pointing out errors for them to work on one at a time instead of throwing multiple things at them to fix, It can be stressful that way. So like

Witch wrote: Great post! However, can I ask that you write out a little more detail about the forest? Just so I can get a better picture of where we are?"

It's not discouraging. And even thought the asterisks would bug you, its best to point out something easier to fix. So they could in their next post be like

"Liberty stood in a forest where the trees towered above her and a light fog encased the base of the trees. etc..."

I dunno. It probably looks confusing but it's very simple really.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:09 pm
I was the back of the class kid too. The teacher's like, "Okay, get into groups!" Classmates: "Yeah, cool!" And I'm like...*sitting there awkwardly* Teacher: "Why haven't you joined a group yet?" Me: "Umm...no one wants me in their group?" XD Good times, I digress. XD

I'll check out the Test Threads thing. >_> You mean it had a main forum, but now it's just a thread in another forum?

I remember the name of CrimsonFangs, I don't know if I ever interacted with that person. The schooling is more...like reading manuals before you assemble something instead of assuming you can just figure it out. Several posts below this is a character-building page posted by member of his own volition...Coranho, and he got favorable replies from members who asked for him to continue. The classes would be like that.

I do like the idea of learning by example though, we could get a roleplay going and encourage 'veterans' to help the 'rookies'. Crew as well as members would be able to. And then anyone could join.

We nearly had a guild-wide roleplay going once, but it was harder to plan than anticipated. A giant monster had invaded and the different subforums were different towns/teams. >_>

o-o...I remember asterisks. That was how I started roleplaying, and people would try and do these paragraph posts and I'm like...'DUDE, WHERE'S MY ASTERISKS?' Not quite, but props if you know what movie I just quote-parodied. I digress again.

I like the idea of group roleplay like that. Everyone helps everyone, even the veterans might learn a thing or two. o-o  

WitchAlchemist
Captain

WitchAlchemist
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:17 pm
Ohh, I think I see what you're saying about the Test Threads, Gandering.

What is Soundboarding, by the by?

Would it be an acceptable solution [rather than another subforum going to something that could be condensed] to adjust Test Thread rules and make everyone have their own test thread [as some have already done?].

By which I mean, instead of everyone posting a new thread every time they have a new roleplay, they make their own thread for example:

Witchy's Test Posts Thread- Which becomes my own thread, for me to post test threads.

Then everyone's tests posts aren't so cluttered, they're under their own names, but we can still keep it in the OOC subforum without it botching it up?

I hope that made sense. >_> Would that solution be agreeable? Even if we made another subforum, you'd still have all sorts of test threads being posted up for all sorts of roleplays. It seems it would still be more organized to have everyone make their own thread and stick to that rather than posting a new thread each time.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:37 pm
I would like to pose a question to the guild: What will be done about kaykayser's resignation? Is there a plan currently in place about having someone else take over? I am not keen on having this guild die. I may not always be on, but I am active enough and love it enough to not want of its end. I have been a member of this guild since I first began my account here on Gaia. I was hoping to begin role playing with others. Thankfully, my desire has been quenched. However, I have noticed that participation has significantly decreased within the last four years. I am not surprised that this would warrant kay's distaste. Regardless, I believe we should carry on.

I hope that we live on. I certainly do!  

Evoblack

Heart Consumer

WitchAlchemist
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:34 pm
The crew is in the dark on the Captain's intentions too, I'm not sure what he has planned. But he already said he's not going to delete the guild, enough people gave him reasons not to. The guild shall be living on! For a very long time, hopefully. ;-;  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:05 pm
              Ugh. Couldn't actually get to replying on this. Too much typing to do on a phone lol

The sound-boarding/test-thread use to have its own subforum. It was just like Gaia's own test forums, where you could just use it to test out your coding, role-play layouts and formatting and whatnot. I had an old thread in it once but it got deleted. Had tons of role-play ideas I would just jot down in it. I would just horde link to image site for usage in role-plays, color palettes, unicode letters and symbols and the likes. There were just a lots of coding, layouts, and formats and stuff. I'm just sad that my thread is gone now. =x=;;

I guess it's fine having it in the OOC subforum. It does fit in the out of character department.

Also. For the school, I remember a thread where people could post sample RP of theirs and ask for critics about it and people would point out what they could improve on or add or fix and stuff. Might not have been in this guild but do you think that would be a good idea?

edit: For the OOC Main - Forum Games, Discussion, Contests, etc. subforum.
              How about changing it to CHATTERBOX - Forum Games, Discussion, Contests, etc. instead?

Maybe it's just my OCD but having two subforum say OOC on it bugged me. It makes differentiating between the two easier? Or maybe that's just me. I just remember some people complaining about not having a space for just general chatting, something not role-play related and whatnot even though others told them that the guild did. It just wasn't obvious enough, they said.

Fool the Gander

Shameless Perfectionist

WitchAlchemist
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:23 pm
My phone will barely load Gaia, by the time I've logged in, my lunch break is already over. sweatdrop -cradles computer close like the beautiful life line that it is-

THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. I do not now, nor have I ever, approved of deleting other than what is requested for deletion [or if it's broken a rule and the person never bothered to correct it]. It doesn't matter how old it is, even if it's inactive now, it should at least be archived. All that hard-work lost to the click of a button without so much as a 'by your leave'... crying I digress from painful personal experience.

If it's really problematic where it's at, I can change it. But if the problem can be solved by relegating members to post their own test thread, and stick to it instead of posting up a bajillion test threads...that seems, perhaps, like how it ought to be even if Test Threads had it's own subforum again. Rather than a jumble, organized spaces for members to keep their own things within. But I don't use the test thread area, so I might be suggesting something outlandish unintentionally. What is your opinion, Gandering? And anyone else in here who might be using the test thread? >__>

1. Test Thread should have it's own subforum, separate from OOC, with rules as they are.
2. Test Thread should stay in OOC, but rules should be changed so that every member gets a single thread space to post to their heart's content in and not spam the forum with their various thread posts.
3. Everything should stay as it is.
4. Test thread should have it's own subforum, separate from OOC, following the rule suggested in #2.

A critic section sounds great! Maybe we can call it the Grading Section or something? >_> Or something less corny works too. XD Feedback is always helpful.

I'll look at what you're talking about right now, gimme a sec.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:27 pm
It took me a second to reason out why there were two in the first place. I think I see...maybe. One's the OOC that's specific to a roleplay and one is just general OOC? Anyway! Changed it to Chatterbox, and while I was at it, corrected the spelling of 'privet' roleplay to 'private' on another forum. Dun dun dun. If only all problems in life could be easy-buttoned. ;--;  

WitchAlchemist
Captain

Fool the Gander

Shameless Perfectionist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:31 pm
            I can definitely work with number 2.
            Easy button. haha xD

If only. This isn't Staples.

Be satisfied with a picture!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:16 pm
Whoot! And I like that picture. Even if it's not Staples. XD

Also, there was a Back in Time subforum right above our Science Fiction subforum which seemed redundant because time travel is science fiction...and then I realized our Historical RP section was missing so someone along the line must have changed the name. I've just changed it back to clarify. So we have RP for Historical back on the list.

Possibly there's only a few people analytical of words enough to have noticed...but Historical seems more suitable anyway. >_>  

WitchAlchemist
Captain

Fool the Gander

Shameless Perfectionist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:48 pm
WitchAlchemist

I had always thought that, but since I never used the Sci-Fi subforums, I just didn't pay much attention to it. Same for historical, even though a majority of my role-plays fits that theme. lol Historical mix fantasy? Fantasy subforum it is! xD

I like how we're actually making lots of progress here. Now... if only kaykeyser would offer in some input of his own and make a decision already on the whole Captain dilemma. Would probably put a lot people's mind at ease.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:13 pm
Just thought but for RP with the crew & private RPs w/ friends how about calling it RP for Invitations Only instead?

That seems to be the kay's concept behind it right? And it just seems 'neater' than the former title.  

Aster -- rem

Gallant Gawker

Drunken Aunt Coral

Tipsy Sex Symbol

12,975 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:48 pm
Gandering Fool

It would be nice if we could hear from him and his thought process at the moment. It would make getting things done much easier.

Side note. I am following along. I just have nothing to post at the moment. It looks like the condensing subforums has commenced and I do like how much neater it's becoming. :3

RPFLA Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff