Welcome to Gaia! ::

In The Beginning... (A Roleplaying Guild)

Back to Guilds

A community for roleplayers and a vast variety of stories. 

Tags: roleplaying, rping, action, romance, literate 

Reply Appendix (OOC/Profile)
We're living the dream... [PROFILES]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

M y B l o o d L u s t
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Bloodsucker

9,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:02 pm
User Image
→Main Thread←→Titanpad←

ρɾøƒïlεṡ
[align=center][img]Character picture here, 300 x 175[/img][/align]
► Character name here (first, last)
► Age (17 if you are a dream child, 30s or 40s if you are a member of Charles' clan)
►Character type (Dream Child or Clan Member)
►Special Ability (If you are a dream child) (Get rid of this line if you are not)
►Likes: (List 3-5)
►Dislikes: (List 3-5)
►Short Bio Here (2-5 short paragraphs, probably)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:19 pm
User Image

► Thea Royale
► 17
►Dream Child
►Changes her appearance to anything she wishes within the dreams.
►Likes: Music, Hanging out with friends, School
►Dislikes: Nerds, Swearing, Jerks
►Thea Royale is one of the most popular girls (a senior) at West Seattle High School and she couldn't be happier. She is a straight A student while still parties on the weekends. Although this may come as a shock, Thea is also Captain of the cheer squad. Something Unique about Thea is that she has a twin brother named Lucien or Luke for short. Luke is the opposite of Thea and she doesn't really get along with him all that well. Although, if she were to see someone bullying her little brother (yes, little, by a few minutes) she would definitely stand up for him and tell the bully to get lost.

Thea and Luke didn't really have a hard childhood, but it could have been better. Their father took off when they were both very young and they haven't heard anything from him since then. Their mother works a job as a bank secretary during the day and works the night shift at McDonalds most every night, so they hardly ever get to see her. Of course, this gives Thea many opportunities to throw crazy parties at their house, which actually isn't too small. These parties drive Lucien crazy and Thea loves it!

Even though Thea considers herself fairly happy there is something holding her back from completely being 'free' so to put it. It's those damn dreams. The dreams that she cannot help but feel excited or nervous about. Her and her dream-like friends go on so many adventures that couldn't even happen in real life.... And, Thea knows that the dreams are all just fake, but why do they feel so real? Why are the dreams always the same and as if the other people that are in them are real? There is only one real answer, the other people must be real. They have to be. So where are they? As good as her real life is, the only people that actually know her without all of the glam and the popularity live within those surreal dreams...
M y B l o o d L u s t

M y B l o o d L u s t
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Bloodsucker

9,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

M y B l o o d L u s t
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Bloodsucker

9,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:21 pm
User Image

►Lucien Royale
►Seventeen
►Dream Child
►Illusions- he can make the other dreamers see whatever he wants them to see.
►Playing Guitar, Sketching, Dreaming, Watching TV, and Reading
►School, Parties, Social Situations, His Dad, and Sweets
►Lucien's childhood wasn't exactly rough, but it could've been better. When he was young, his dad skipped out on them and he hasn't seen him since. Not that Luke even wants to. He can't count the amount of times he came home to find his mom in tears during that entire, messy process. The only reason Thea, his twin, didn't see this as much was because she always had playdates or something. Luke took it upon himself to be the one to cheer their mom up whenever she needed it, making sure she always knew how much he loved her. Although he doesn't know if he helped or not, the crying seemed to lessen as time went by. Unfortunately, with only the mother left, there was also less money. This meant that she had to start working longer hours at the bank, and even had to get a second job. Night shifts at McDonalds, which meant Luke hardly ever gets to see her. He's seventeen and pretty independent, he can make his own food and get his homework done, but he still misses his mother and how close they used to be. Not that he would ever admit this. Thea would never let him live it down if she heard him say something like that.

Thea, Luke's twin sister. She is his complete opposite. Where she likes to socialize, Luke prefers to stay to himself. Where she likes parties, Luke detests them. It is inevitable that some drunk couple will stumble into his room, or a kid will puke up and he'll have to help clean it up. Besides, with all the noise he can't practice his guitar and he doesn't have any friends to spend the time with. He is a loser, completely and totally. Never been very good when it comes to socializing with kids his age, Luke prefers to keep to himself during school. He isn't even the type of loser with good grades who can help the dumb jocks with their work or something. Luke has always been the more creative type. Instead of getting great grades in math, he plays songs on his guitar and sketches. None of this really opens him up to the idea of spending time with others, so Luke's life really revolves around getting through the school day, then heading home. Getting bullied is kind of a daily thing with him, just part of his life, and with no friends he's never really got much to look forward to. Escapism is his favorite thing, whether in a TV show or a good book. However, the one thing that has really kept him sane all these years are his dreams. He can't help but feel like his life in there is about a million times better than his life in the outside world and he just wishes he could stay there forever.

And So The Universe Ended

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:24 am
User Image

► Erin Nicole Hanes
► Seventeen
► Dream Child
► Telekinesis
► Books, Coffee, Music, Seclusion
► Violence, Smoke, Bugs, Ignorance
► Growing up with money wasn't as glamorous and simple as one would think. It changed people, made them bitter. Erin noticed this in her parents as she got older. The happy couple would vacation in Italy and take a two week ski trip, all in laughter and fun - as long as Erin wasn't with them. Instead, she had been home-bound. Looked after by nannies and taught by tutors specializing in various things; mostly trying to make her the perfect 'lady'. When her parents were home, they would do nothing but work and work on the family restaurant, Casa de Rustico, an authentic Italian place. The business provided well for the three of them; it was a five star joint after all. And Erin soon learned to hate the place.

She used to be the hostess there, and in that time, Erin had more friends than she could imagine. It was very very difficult to get a table there, usually the place was booked up to three/four months in advance. And if you cancelled, it costed you a fee. A lot of celebrities had eaten there, all of which Erin had the pleasure of meeting. This was why she was so popular for a while. Everyone wanted to see what they could get. But Erin, being as young and naive as she was, thought that they actually liked her. When her parents decided that she needed to focus more on school, and - for lack of a better word - fired her from hostessing, all of her friends slowly began to dwindle away. Even her boyfriend at the time had left her. And soon after that, she became ignored in school. No sort of teasing had ever taken place, it was just like she was a ghost.

This made her very wary of people and in result, she focuses on her writing. Erin has aspirations to be a celebrated author. Which is why she will be going to college in New York come next fall. She already has arrangements in order, her parents just don't know it yet. The only thing holding her back is how shy and secluded she keeps herself from others. She lives in her own world where fictional characters are the only people who make her feel anything, her music is all that can console her, and her dreams are what she looks forward to. There was something about her dreams, something that felt so incredibly amazing, she found it hard to wake up sometimes. And even other days, she would go to bed early just to go back to that magical land where anything could happen. But she learned it wasn't just her, there were others; other kids like her and they all had the same problem. But they could only talk in dreams. Now, she has become inthralled with finding these other people. They are the only people she has ever really felt close to, and that's not something she wants to lose.

x N A N E R B O B

M y B l o o d L u s t
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Bloodsucker

9,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

M y B l o o d L u s t
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Bloodsucker

9,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:38 am
User Image

► Janelle Clemons
► Seventeen
► Dream Child
► Can transform into any kind of animal and (of course) will be able to be understood by the other dreamers
► Music. Thunderstorms. Animals. Hibiscus flowers. Singing. Dreaming.
► Being left alone. Rudeness. Being ignored. People who judge. Spiders.
► Things weren't always easy for Janelle, but she managed to get through them. With her parents being from Australia that moved here to Seattle. Not many Australians live here, so it was hard for her to get along with most people in her community. Though, Janelle is one of the most well-known females at West Seattle High. She's not popular, but she isn't disliked either. Her parents own one of the top modeling agencies in the state, with her mother being the editor in chief and her father being the main photographer.

When Janelle became older, she realized how busy her parents were. They had their moments and memories when she was little. Now though, it seems like they are always gone. That's when she decided that she hated being left alone, doesn't matter the circumstance. Hanging out with friends that suddenly decide to disperse into their own mini groups or even being the last one picked at school gym teams. That's when she decided to occupy herself with sports and clubs.

Janelle is in at least one sport every season, mainly softball and volleyball. She is also in Drama Club and the Photography Club. With that, she became interested in animals and nature. Along with singing, dancing and acting. Pretty much she got to express her emotions in so many different ways that most couldn't. These dreams she encounters with became more interesting noticing that she could do whatever she wanted. Even transform into the animals she loves! Not to mention the people in it... She's determined that they are really real and that they are out there somewhere.

Janelle Bloodmire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:57 pm
User Image

► Flyn Thomas
► 17
►Dream child
►The ability to make all duh mens and womens have duh sex with me! ;D (can shift to any form that he pleases...usually nightmares)
►Likes: Honey, Tea, Books, Silence, Sleeping
►Dislikes: Un-buttered toast ,Pans that make your food stick, His family, His school, Really sweet candy...
►Flyn grew up in a household that many would call unhealthy, his step father would beat his mother and throw his sister around like she was rag doll...of course he wouldn't let this happen, Flyn would often stand up to his step father and tell him a few choice words...but that would usually get Flyn locked up in the basement for four hours. He would sit in the basement with his knees pushed to his chest, he dare not cried...but just listen to the smacks and slaps and loud booms of his stepfathers falling victims. Flyn wasn't afraid of his step father...and he knew his step father knew that hence why his father would lock him in the basement and not let him out until he was done having his way with his mother.

When Flyn's step father pulled a gun out on his mother, Mary, Flyn lost it. His step father, who they called Jackass...or just jack, had accused Mary of cheating on him...and was going to kill her. Flyn jumped at Jack and knocked the gun from his hands, punching his step father in the face as many times as he could lift his fist...Flyn was no tiny child...by the age of fifteen he was already close to 6'2". When the gun hit the floor Flyn heard a shot...and then a scream, this was a scream he would never forget.

Jack left, he left for good too...at least that is what Flyn thought when the police came and took Jack away for attempted murder of his little sister, Julia. Flyn was wrong...just like he was about everything else in his life, Jack came back and he came back pissed...he beat the living crap out of Flyn, giving him a black eye and cuts and bruises all of his body...Jack would beat him with a whip and leave whelps down his back. Flyn was glad he was getting these beats...he would have rather it been him instead of his mother or little sister. "Common Jack!...If you think you're man enough! hit me again!" those words would often ring through Flyn's mouth towards Jack, just so Jack would turn his anger from his sister and mother and take it out on him.

One night, after jack and finished tormenting Flyn and locking him in the basement to sleep for the entire night. Flyn heard a crack in the floor from above, and then a loud crash and gun shots followed by loud mean voices...and none of these voices belonged to Jack. Flyn got scared, he quickly moved to the basement closet that was hidden under the stairs, he locked the door and cuddled into a ball, closing his eyes he began to pray.

"Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep,
If I shall die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take. Amen.

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to take. Amen.

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to take. Amen."

Flyn continued to repeat his prayer, while in the back of his mind he hoped they would take jack away. He prayed and prayed until he finally fell fast asleep.

Once Flyn awoke, he popped the lock on the basement door and slowly made his way out, Jack usually unlocked the basement door by now...but he hadn't, flyn wiggled the door knob and it didn't budge..."Mom!"...Flyn wiggled the door latch hard and harder...and it just wouldn't move. Flyn ran back down the stairs where he obtained a giant hammer, he ran back up the stairs and began banging on the door handle, he stood there for a good thirty minutes banging on the door handle until it fell off. Flyn swung the door open to see that the house was trashed and a lot of things were taken from them. "Mom!" Flyn screamed through the entire house, until he heard a click of the front door opening slowly, he ran towards the door and his mother dropped to her knees taking Flyn within her arms, Mary and Julia had went out that night to get some things at the store for Jack in the morning...and wasn't in the house when it got trashed, instead they lived.

Flyn, Mary and Julia all moved out to Washington, where they now live in Seattle. Flyn is seventeen and goes to West Seattle high school...and his mother Mary is a florist and Julia is going to West Seattle Elementary, fifth grade, their life couldn't be any happier...expect Flyn can't seem to let go of his past scars.

Whutev Bro

M y B l o o d L u s t
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Bloodsucker

9,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

M y B l o o d L u s t
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Bloodsucker

9,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:56 pm
User Image

► Magnus Archer
► Seventeen
► Dream Child
► Creating food with many different properties; "food magic"
► Food, eating, books, cooking, food
► Getting wet, touching slimy things, loud people, noise, bad food
► Magnus is a bookworm. He could technically be described as an average, everyday geek, but all he really does is read. He is superb at languages and is very well read. He can be caught reading in his spare time and is usually held up in the library when his peers are off doing whatever it is that they do. Magnus' unknown passion is food. He enjoys cooking and the only time outside of classes and the library he is seen is in any cooking classes the school offers. Some say it is because he gets to read a cook book, but the true reason is he loves creating new and delicious food. He has quickly become the favored student of any Home Economics teachers as he shows supreme skill in nearly all aspects.

As per his home life, Magnus lives a fairly secluded existence. He spends most of his time in his room, reading and studying. He maintains a lean physical regimen to keep himself at least somewhat active. He actively helps out in the kitchen, which is where his family often sees him. Sometimes he even takes command of the kitchen and shoos his mother and father away. Whenever they go out to eat, he is fairly critical of the food presented to him. He often comments that if given the time, he could out-cook any of the chefs in their own kitchens.

He has no siblings, and his parents are usually too busy to take an interest in his social life. He earns fairly moderate grades and that is well enough for them. He never really branched out to anyone else at the school, but it doesn't really bother him in the least.

Victorian Clockwork

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:45 pm
User Image

► Merrin White
► 39yrs old.
►Clan Member
►Likes: Zombie lore, mythology and classical music.
►Dislikes: Small things, children, cell phones, microwaves.
►Merrin's been the odd man out for most of his life. He liked to keep to himself and his unusual interests. He liked looking at the pictures medical books and graphic horror comic books. He'd draw some of these gruesome depictions of violent acts, usually on the playground or at home. Later, he'd bury them in the backyard with the other things he valued. The other children never liked spending time with him. Beyond a certain age he wasn't bullied. The others learned early on to leave him alone. Soon after bullying him, their family pets would go missing. Items in their homes were moved around while they were away or sleeping. The others accused him, of course. But could never find any proof. With the exception of his life in public, his at home life was largely normal. His mother and father were loving and the picture of ordinary. He learned early on how to lie, just so he could have them believe that he was normal too. His violent interests escalated some when he was a young boy and became a little more refined as he grew into his teenage years.

His freshman year in high school was the only time in his life where he really attempted to be more like the others, the sheeple. It didn't last for more than a week. Another eventful time in his teenage years was when he was sixteen. He lied his way into a college party and met a girl who was probably around four years older than he was, he didn't ask. They flirted, met up in the nearest dorm room and then decided to leave together. As he was driving her to their next destination, he changed his mind. While driving they'd passed a bit of roadkill. It wasn't his first party and he was a little drunk. But he decided then that he wanted to try something he'd often thought about. The report said the girl died as a result of the crash, but his classmates as well as others who were suspicious of him knew better. He dropped out during his sophomore year, earned his GED seven months later. Enlisted with the Army in his nineteenth year, retired when he was around twenty-two years of age. Soon after, while pondering his next career move, he was approached by the good doctor.

Merrin is a bit eccentric, quiet, creepy, a little perverted and has the emotional sensitivity of a rock. He's never had much luck with relationships and doesn't really have many friends. He mostly keeps to himself and is prone to mumbling. Over the years he's worked at the schools or daycare centers where the children or at least one of them have been in order to observe them. He's switched with the other surviving members of the Doctor's clan, spending the rest of his time working in secret. Currently he's working as a janitor at the high school for the same purpose.

Sai Sakurai

M y B l o o d L u s t
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Bloodsucker

9,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Appendix (OOC/Profile)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash