.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Kwa Kikombe Lands [IC]
[Mini-META] Game On Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Talencia rolled 2 6-sided dice: 6, 5 Total: 11 (2-12)

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:44 am
Jala turned to regard a leopard, spotted and everything, cheerfully asking about the goings on. Still with a bewildered look on his face, the red cheetah answered him almost mournfully. "I would tell you if I knew, but I have no idea what's going on." He looked back to the hybrid who now had the shell. "I just got chased off... I think." His expression was a little pitiful, bemoaning not understanding the proceedings. "Or is that part of the game?" he asked, turning back to the leopard. "Is he supposed to chase me off?" He clearly was still uncertain about it, and feeling hesitant about jumping back in. Was he supposed to chase the hybrid away from the shell now?

It was all very confusing. "I guess it would help if I knew the rules," he mused aloud, "though this doesn't seem terribly organized as is." He wasn't aware that this was not the game itself, nor that the game would have set players, rather than the current free-for-all. He glanced from the lion who had had the shell first to the leopard. "I don't suppose someone could help me understand it? I'm not from here. I belong to the pride called Sikukuu. We have games too, but not at all like this." He again cast a cautious eye towards the shell being batted about by the hybrid male.

CaliWolfe rolled 2 6-sided dice: 3, 4 Total: 7 (2-12)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:25 pm
Aka with leisure took the shell as Jala bolted, and batted it between his two front paws with a carefree attitude. Looking up he applied an expression of friendly guilt. Oops, he hadn't meant to scare the cheetah so much that he'd flee... Or maybe he had intended to take the shell with him and forgot? He doubted that though and didn't dare look over at Taji to get a scolding. Aka decided to bat around the shell some more as he gazed at the nervous Jala returning. The shells texture was familiar and reassuring, and the sound it made as he passed it between his paws was amusing.

But after doing this for a while with nobody trying to steal the shell from him, or making themselves ready for a pass he sighed. Guess it wasn't so simple after all if nobody was willing to play with him... Although he had roared unnecessarily, he intended it in friendly competition! The purple manned cat glanced over to see another new face and his expression again changed back to his friendly face from his disappointed one. "It's simple!" He made certain to echo his voice. "You pass it around and try to steal it from others. But this is just practice, so loosen up would you?" He laughed in pleasure and kicked with shell to Jala and Kalakonji. Maybe if they passed it around a bit they'd get the idea? That was what the hybrid was hoping at least.  

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

Talencia rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 2 Total: 4 (2-12)

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:58 am
Jala was glad for the explanation, but also irritated at being told to loosen up. He was relaxed! He just didn't know what being charged at was about! He gave a huff that fluffed up his bit of mane, then stood up straighter. Just pass it around and steal it, eh? He went from sitting still to full run in a matter of heartbeats. He darted in, swatted the shell, and barreled off with it. He mimicked what he'd seen the hybrid doing, batting it from one paw to the other, back and forth as he loped along. It was challenging, to say the least, and soon his headlong pace had slowed dramatically. It was either that or lose the shell entirely.

So focused was he, though, that he missed a slight change in the footing. He went to put a paw down, but it kept going after he'd expected it to stop. This made him stagger, losing the shell, although he managed not to fall. He staggered one direction, and watched helplessly as the shell skittered the other direction. Bah, he clearly wasn't very good at this. He regained his balance after his momentum allowed him, then spun in place and darted after the still-bouncing shell. Could he catch it to keep it away from the hybrid, whom he assumed would have been hot on his heels?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:32 pm
Game 2 End

Looks like we have our winner!

Talencia

The mule will PM you your uncert! The first two prizes have been won, but there are many more to come! Another game will be posted in a day or so. In the mean time, feel free to RP. Each post over 200 words gets you in the raffle at the end!

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:33 am
Aka rushed forward, darted this way and that as Jala moved side to side. He tried to go slow, less enthusiastic and less competitive over the shell. The cheetah was guest, and Aka was a professional when it came to Kikombe. Or at the very least the hybrid fancied himself a pro. Because of that he wished to take it easy on everyone. Even Taji was doing the same, not even daring to chase after the shell but watch in amusement as Aka played with everyone who dared. Still, it became difficult to ignore the sensation of taking advantage of the inexperienced; swipe the shell from their paws and slap it towards another direction. He didn't want to hurt the crowd though, and resisted as best he could.

Finally when Jala slipped up and the shell bounced away Aka's ears perked up and he leapt at the shell in hopes of catching it. Although he should have gotten a running start, his cheeton body couldn't dare to move in and get the shell from the distance he was at. Instead he ended up smashing on the ground, the tip of his claw lightly brushing the edge of the shell as it skidded further away. He waggled his paw desperately to try and grab it while he recovered from his, quite painful, belly flop. Realizing this wasn't going to work he stood, although at this point Jala was already charging at the shell like he had done. Maybe Aka would swipe it away from him unexpectedly and rocket it towards the leopard who had shown up seconds after Jala. Yes... Seemed like a good plan.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:58 am
Taji watched as more pride members moved on to the scene, as well as a few more rouges that were interested in the ruckus that was being made by the crowd gathering. The few playing with the shell were a great show, especially since one of the rouges had been brave enough to play around with the shell.

"No rules right now," he said with a cheerful grin as the little 'game' continued. "Just have fun! Get a feel for the shell...see how it slides and flips and bumps along the ground. Whoops!" he added with a laugh as the guest cheetah tripped up a but, but Aka followed suit. Kikombe was a very physical game, and falling was a very common part of it, whether it was your own fault or someone else's. He was glad neither of the males seemed hurt, but just in case, there were a few medics on the scene.

Now, what had that cheetah said? The Sikukuu? He had never heard of it before, but perhaps it would be something to keep in mind. Another pride that loved games? It would certainly be something to look in to.

"We'll start a few organized games in a few minutes," he announced, raising his voice just a bit. Howa hadn't showed up yet, but Taji knew how to run the more official side of the pride if he had to. While it wasn't his official title to do so, the Games Overseer was incredibly busy and Taji didn't mind stepping in to help her out when it was needed.  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:39 pm
User Image

She was running late to the games! Ohh how could she have been so foolish as to sleep in on this particular day! She'd known what today was, and she'd even planned to be up before the sun to prepare! But here she was, dashing for her life to get to the fields and get in on the action.

As she neared the fields, she could hear Taji bellowing to others that had already gathered. From what she could see at the moment, there were some newcomers. That wasn't so strange for the pride, on game days they always had revelers from different areas come to see the festivities. But what made her gut wrench was that the revelers were here before she was.

Gulping down her guilt, she rushed over to Taji's side panting the entire time.

"Mornin Taji, what have I missed! Tell me the games aren't over already! Oh PLEASE don't tell me that!" She whined pathetically. She knew Taji would likely laugh at her. She was a grown wild dog, with grown children of her own, and here she was whining like a pup about a game.

Yep, she was in a bad place right now.

SilverLutz

SilverLutz rolled 2 4-sided dice: 3, 4 Total: 7 (2-8)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:24 pm
The arrival of one of the coaches, Rowehn, made Taji grin. She had brought a hoard of pups to the pride with her when she had joined, and now she had a some full-grown players for her team. While a whole team could be comprised of one species, it was pretty rare, as coaches liked to take a variety of players to keep their teams balanced. Still, he wasn't one to say anything for or against a coaches decision, and from what he had seen her pups were a pretty fierce bunch!

"They're just about to start," he said with a wink before standing and clearing his throat. Howa still wasn't here, so he'd take over for the time being and get the ball rolling.

"Welcome, one and all!" he called out. "If I could direct your attention to the field, we're about to start a few warm-up games!" He walked as he spoke, moving towards the playing field to show those that weren't familiar with the pride where he meant. "Everyone's been running around already, so that's good for stretching...let's see what skills you have." He motioned for the shell and waited for it to be kicked his way, placing a paw on it as it reached him to stop. He turned towards the goal that he was closest to - a crude rectangular box made of mostly straight branches and vines - and took aim.

"This first warm-up game will be a shooting contest! Not as easy as it looks," he added, looking to those gathered around. "There's plenty of shells on the sidelines, so grab one and line up beside me. The first to make two goals is the winner of this little warm up."

He demonstrated a pretty basic technique, batting the shell with a powerful paw. It zipped into the net and settled in the corner.

Game 3

On to the third game! This time, you'll be playing for this cute girl, who has a brother that will be raffled off at the end of the META.

User Image

This is another match my number game, but with a bit of a twist. You will need to roll both numbers to win, but you can only roll one die at a time. The order in which you roll the numbers does not matter. If you match a number, that means your SoA scored! If you don't match it, it means they missed. This game will go until someone matches both of the numbers shown. For example, if you roll a 2, respond by having your character miss. If you roll a 4, you've scored! Just need to roll a 3 to win. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

Depawsit

CaliWolfe

Talencia

Andranis

Cajanic

Kaelyndra
Just a reminder to get your girl a JRP soon =3 If you don't want to stick her in here and need some help with a JRP just let me know

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

AstoriaFallen rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:48 pm
User Image
Holo had been wandering by and had watched from a distance as this group of individuals played an interesting game. The black leopard with butterfly wings padded closer as the last game one and a new one was starting. Or rather a shooting contest. How interesting. There were plenty of shells as far as he could see and he sat down and pondered for a moment if he should try his luck. It seemed simple enough, hit the ball and try to score. He had been watching all of them do it for a while now and he was curious if he could follow suit.

It was decided. He would try. What would it hurt? Nothing really they didn't know him nor he them but perhaps he eventually could. He'd at least stick around for a little while and see what else these lands held. He stood up and moved forward and grabbed one of the shells beneath his paws and felt the texture of it as he decided he could do this. He hit the ball and watched as it soared through the air towards the goal. Unfortunately it hit the edge and bounced away. He would try again in a bit.  
CaliWolfe rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:41 pm
Aka shifted his gaze to the new game Taji had warmed up for everybody to play. Yes, most interesting... Shootouts were often fun, and the hybrids strong paw lent a big hand in having a most favourable outcome. However, he was being cocky. He could faintly remember in his memory of days between periods of binge sleeping playing shootouts against other players; and having reluctantly lost. His paw slipping, losing its grasp on the shell. A snarky comments causing him to lose focus... And then simply his own pride that he'd succeed getting in the way and allowing him to ridicule himself.

He shook his head like a dog in wet rain, freeing his purple neck fur of dirt it had collected on the ground. His restless blue eyes scanned the shells Taji had collected in a pile and confidently walked up to snatch one. He'd allow the cheetah and leopard to enjoy the shell he had caught earlier and get a new one for himself. Aka felt it was more fair this way. It also allowed him to practice with a different shell. Not all were shaped identically, some more bumpy than others, and some had a smoother rim. All were different, making practicing with each an ideal opportunity.

Stepping up after Holo, Aka flicked his tail to the side as his gaze sized up the net. Taking aim he lunged forward and sent the shell flying! Apparently though, he had done something wrong, and watch with instant dissatisfaction as it clinked off the edge of the net, bouncing into his distant gaze.  

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

Depawsit rolled 1 4-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-4)

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:39 pm
Perfect!

The games hadn't started without her after all, though it would seem that all of her rough and tumble team had not yet arrived. A slight frown crawled across Rowehn's face at the realization and she shook her head.

"No, this simply won't do." She muttered to herself, before turning to Taji who no doubt had a very strange look on his face.

"It seems my darling children have chosen today as a fine day to sleep in.

No worries though, I will be taking their place - that is if you don't object. I haven't done much exercising since they were born. I'm sure my joints could do with a bit of stretching and alertness wouldn't you say?"
She giggled lightly, pawing at the ground excitedly hoping Taji would allow her to get into the game.

SilverLutz

AstoriaFallen rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:54 pm
He watched as two others stepped forward and missed as well and he frowned, it seemed no one was getting it through the goal. It didn't seem to be anyones day for this and he wondered if perhaps it was just chance that everyone was missing. He took in a breath and he figured he'd give it another go. Picking up one of the shells and moving back into place the dark leopard took in a breath and focused on the goal. He visualized the ball going through the goal and he wondered if perhaps he would make it this time. Calm and steady now he focused and brought his paw back and he hit the ball towards the goal. Would it go in this time? Would it make it?

The ball swooshed into the goal and he couldn't help but feel the smile that formed upon his maw and he felt proud for having hit the ball through the goal and he returned to the sidelines and waited for Aka to try and make another shot. He wondered if anyone else would try and shoot a goal.

-------

Anju and Gwarredd had been traveling from the Elimisha'sombea and she had heard the sounds of the games that were going on. She looked over towards her dark companion and she gave him a smile. Perhaps they could check it out? From the looks of it there were many rouges coming out of no where and joining in. What were they doing? "Do you want to check it out?" She asked with a smile.

She watched as two others shot a shell towards a goal and missed and she pieced together that the point was to get the shell through the goal. She cocked her head slightly and headed that way. She wondered if anyone and everyone was allowed to join? From what she thought she had overheard was that anyone was welcome. Though, you never know. She looked over at her companion wondering what he would say. That would ultimately decide. She looked back over and watched as the black leopard with butterfly wings hit the ball and make a goal. It seemed fun.

Green Ever After

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Ctrl F Greenie rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:37 pm
The dark leopard had begun to grow tired as the day went on, it seemed to crawl by and the sun wasn't allowing him any ease in the foot falls they were taking. Taking a deep breath he was almost relieved when he witnessed a rather large gathering of many species that seemed to be having a rather good time. He was about to say something to his partner in crime when her smooth voice spoke up bearing the same excitement as himself. Before he could answer he simply gazed at her smile, it had been the first thing to truly entrap him in the moments that lead him to this point. "Absolutely, it looks as though they are having a lot of fun." He smiled happily in return, that happiness was for the activity, a chance to spend more time together and a chance to sit down perhaps away from the suns embrace.

With the decision made that they would head towards the gathering he realized it was probably a pride, there were permanent fixtures that indicated a group had settled here and were established. Pride after pride, but that wasn't all a bad thing. Without a thought he follow up to take a turn with the others. He watched with Anju briefly to understand the game and than moved up to take a chance and try for a better placement than the fruit had given him.

"Here goes nothing..."

CaliWolfe rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:54 pm
The hybrid restlessly scratched the ground in awaiting his turn to come about again. It seemed like forever until he had his shot again, waiting patiently on the side lines as one by one people went up to nab a score. Some missed, he noted, and looked over at the dark leopard and Rowehn who had joined them. His attention diverted from them though as Holo stepped up again to seize his own victory at scoring. "Nice one." The words ran out from his lips by instinct. Holo wasn't even a player and yet Aka found the nerve to compliment him just like that. Oh well, everybody appreciated compliments. He certainly did.

Yet Aka couldn't help but to fidget and maul over another chance to strike at the net through the praise he handed out to everybody before him. Comments like "good job" and "nice try" rushed out before he could stop them, although he said them quietly enough that they were but a whisper under his breath. He wasn't exactly talking to them after all, it was more or less him conversing with himself and brain running ramped. The ideology behind it was in his nature, his blood, his soul. He loved sports and everything about them. He had been raised this way since he was a cub and the thriving ability and desire to form a team was making him seek out the potential in everyone who participated in the shootout.

His ears perked as he stepped up to the apparent start line and he this time took a moment to hunch over and redirect his eyesight on the goal. Maybe a different perspective of it would allow him to focus better. That was the idea at least, and he flung the new shell under his paw forward within a couple of steps. His eyes moved as the shell did and he was presented with an expression of glee as it managed to get into the goal post. Success  

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

AstoriaFallen rolled 1 4-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-4)

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:56 pm
Holo glance over as a dark leopard with pink wings and a pale pink and green leopardess joined the ever growing crowd. It was often he saw wings on others and he flicked his ears slightly as he watched as the male took a step forward and tried his luck with shooting a goal. He watched as the ball soared through the air and missed. He probably knew how the guy felt, though he had a lovely companion with him so he was probably more embarrassed than Holo had been when he had first missed. He gave the male a reassuring smile. "I'm sure you'll get it on the next shot."

He looked over at the pale female and he watched as she stayed back. Was she going to try her luck? He gave her a friendly smile and made sure to keep it brief, in case the two were involved, he didn't want to impose anything. He wondered if he'd be able to make another goal and he waited as the male stepped back and he stepped forward once more he took aim and shot towards the goal. It missed, ah well. Perhaps next time.

- - - - - - - -

Anju smiled as Gwarredd agreed with her and she walked with him over towards the group and she stayed back a little bit as he stepped forward and tried his luck with shooting one of the shells through the goal and she watched as the shell missed and she gave him a warm smile and moved towards him. She watched as the other dark leopard with wings said something to him she couldn't quite here and then give her a brief smile. She gave him a brief one back and looked back over towards her companion.

"That was pretty good. Much better than I would have done." She said in a warm tone. She wondered if she should take a shot at this and she decided she'd be best sitting on the sidelines. It didn't quite seem much like her thing. Though, what would it hurt? She figured she'd give it a go and she stepped forward and took a shot towards the goal and she was wondering if she'd be able to get it. It hit the edge and missed and she looked over at her companion. "See, yours was much closer."  
[IC] Kwa Kikombe Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff