Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply A Wizard's Handbook (Suggestions, Help, and Useful Guides)
Becoming Confounded

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Carrie Crosser

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:55 pm
I joined the Guild yesterday, so excited to find such an intricate RP universe continuing the Harry Potter legacy. I'm having a problem however with getting started.

There are so many 'just starting out' pages filled with links to more pages, and it's become somewhat of a hurricane of information overload. I was hoping someone would be able to help me figure out in simpler terms, what information needs to go where, and what absolutely cannot be left out. I'm getting all turned around looking through these endless threads.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read through this, and hopefully someone will be able to help me!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:18 am
Okay, first of all, you should read and sign the rules of the guild, if you have not done so. Second, determine what you want to do with a character. For example, if you want to create an animagus, then go look at the More Than Average thread in this forum. Usually, most people create an average character to start off with, since it's simpler and doesn't require any forms to fill out. Just remember, if you look at any of the lists (such as the Pets or the Wand Woods and Cores) you will see that they are color-coded. Generally, anything average will be labeled in black, while anything more will be blue or above. Also, one thing I have found that's simpler, if you need help, or you happen to get stuck, just jump into the guild chatroom. Anyone there can help you, as we are commonly used to helping new people out and giving advice. Plus, you are already doing the right thing right now. Coming here and posting your questions is the best first step you can take. It gets our attention and lets us help you out :3  

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Carrie Crosser

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:52 am
Diamond Wales
Okay, first of all, you should read and sign the rules of the guild, if you have not done so. Second, determine what you want to do with a character. For example, if you want to create an animagus, then go look at the More Than Average thread in this forum. Usually, most people create an average character to start off with, since it's simpler and doesn't require any forms to fill out. Just remember, if you look at any of the lists (such as the Pets or the Wand Woods and Cores) you will see that they are color-coded. Generally, anything average will be labeled in black, while anything more will be blue or above. Also, one thing I have found that's simpler, if you need help, or you happen to get stuck, just jump into the guild chatroom. Anyone there can help you, as we are commonly used to helping new people out and giving advice. Plus, you are already doing the right thing right now. Coming here and posting your questions is the best first step you can take. It gets our attention and lets us help you out :3

First off, thank you so much for a swift response!

I did see that I need to sign that I've read the rules, but I'm not sure where/how to do that. I have a pretty average character, with no listed special talents or anything like that - but where do I go to post the bio and whatnot for that character?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:25 am
Carrie Crosser
Diamond Wales

First off, thank you so much for a swift response!

I did see that I need to sign that I've read the rules, but I'm not sure where/how to do that. I have a pretty average character, with no listed special talents or anything like that - but where do I go to post the bio and whatnot for that character?

To sign the rules, you would go to the last page of the Rules thread and make a post. Something as simple as I Sign will do.

To make a character, you would have to enter the Family Profiles Subforum. So, even if you're only making one character, you would still label your thread as Potter Family, for example. We even have what we call a nice One Stop Thread with all the information you'll need for creating a character. Once you post your character, and the crew accepts it, you may apply for a job for said character in the subforum that I linked.  

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

A Wizard's Handbook (Suggestions, Help, and Useful Guides)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games