Reply Role-Play 1 - Sovereign
Lucidus Magus - "The Frisky Falcon" Inn and Tavern Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Son of the Harpy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:45 pm
Normally, Emer would have narrowed his eyes at someone whom he thought was lying. This time, however, he kept a cool demeanor, not giving away any of his thoughts. He was silent as he listened to Triesten, realizing that Maliarc was choosing not to speak as well. He could hardly blame the Mage, for he felt similarly to how Maliarc felt, he was sure.

He took another long drink of his ale, feeling the buzz starting to spread from his stomach to his head. It felt good, and he enjoyed the feelings of intoxication, though his face made no reaction to the feeling. If there was anything a Royal Guard was good at other than killing, it was keeping a straight face.

He held contempt for this man, for he was sure that this man had motives other than what he spoke, though he had no proof. After the last part of the mans statement, Emer looked at the man with a cold gaze, deciding if he should even hear him out.

Finally, after a moment of locking gazes with Triestan, he sighed and finished his ale. He exhaled sharply, placing the now empty mug on the surface of their table with a soft clink.

"Alright, what is your offer, Triestan."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:30 pm
Triesten leaned over to Emer. "I want you to find the Queen. You'll have any resources you desire." He then leaned backwards. "Of course there is a caveat. I want to speak to the Queen once she is rescued." He avoided the topic that presented itself if she was dead. Who took power than? The answer would lay in the Civil War. "I know many people don't believe me when I say that I'm fighting for the Queen, but it is true. I have no children, no family. I have lost everything that matters to me besides my country. Even if I win, it's no secret I'm an old man. The last thing I want is the power to fall into the hands of those a I'm currently fighting." For a moment Triesten looked weak. He looked vulnerable. He actually seemed more human than monster. Then his eyes steeled up once again.

"So you see I want our Queen back as much as you do. But unlike me, you are close to the Queen, her friend. I fight this war for her, but I am not her. Our nation needs her, I am but a man who found a problem and began to fight it. You, Ser Emer of the Lucidus Knight Council, are an honourable man, and that is why I beg of you to find our Queen. I trust you to be able to do that. And in exchange I want one conversation with her, when it is convenient for her. And if you are worried I will kill her, than we can talk over long distance communicators." Triesten ended his appeal. This was exactly what Emer wanted. Free ability to search, with practically unlimited resources at his back. Still, the man had such a dim view of Triesten, he may refuse. Hell, he might even try to kill Triesten, though Triesten doubted it. Ser Emer was an honourable man after all.  

Piratequeen91

Son of the Harpy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:20 pm
Emer looked at him with a cold stare. He didn't trust Triesten as far as he could throw him. Asking him to find the Queen was almost an insult, because if there was anyone in this godforsaken realm who wanted to find Lady Aaren more than anything, it was Emer. Turning it into an order, or offer, was a spit in the face. However, Triesten's tone changed, and it almost seemed like the man was begging Emer for his help, which slightly surprised him. The surprise, however, was shortlived.

"Make your excuses for the situation you've put our country in. In the end, you're the only one to proclaim yourself as the factions "savior". You sit in your command room, plotting and waging war, yet you claim to want to find the Queen more than anything?" His flat tone had quickly turned into a condescending tone. A small part of him felt sorry for the old man, but it changed nothing. "Triesten, I will find the Queen, but not under your orders. You may have a great number of people fooled, but I know men like you, men hungry for control and power. Commander Vossler Stone was like you, self justified in his greed for power." His voice almost had a hiss about it, and he didnt finish the statement about Vossler, though there was no need, everyone knew where he ended up. "And about that conversation you wish to have with The Queen...Thats up to her, not me." He stared at Triesten for a moment, letting his words sink in. Emer was indeed an honorable man, but that didnt mean he would be insulted by a usurper.

After a moment, he broke eye contact with the man, and glanced towards Maliarc for the first time since Triesten's entrance, and motioned for the mage to follow him out of the Frisky Falcon. He began walking towards the entrance, without even looking back to see the look on Triesten's face. Emer normally didn't blatantly show such disrespect to men who would have outranked them if they were both still in the Lucidus military, but this man infuriated Emer to the point of forgetting himself.

((Exit))

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:26 pm
Maliarc listened to the entire conversation, and he couldn't say he was surprised. Emer likely took an order from an usurper just as he would take a kick to the groin. It was an insult, and not a minor one at that. Maliarc slowly stood up from his chair and looked at the man named "Triesten" and simply walked off, following in the footsteps of Ser Emer. He wasn't so sure about this Triesten fellow, but something about him was certainly odd. Maliarc wasn't sure how he felt about him now that he had heard him speak, but one thing was for sure, he wanted to find Lady Aaren, and being with Ser Emer was the best chance for that. And so, Maliarc, without a single bit of knowledge of where Ser Emer was headed, followed him out of the bar.

((EXIT))

Amiimii
Crew

Shy Regular

10,125 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100

Jeff theTrumpetdude
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:41 pm
Damian Stretched his arms into the air as he walked into the bar. taking a moment to take a picture. Entrances, exits, people. All of them were now in his head. As a thief it was best to know the layout of your current location. The brand new Agency member strolled up to the bar, taking a seat. He looked at the vast selection of spirits shaking his head. Too soon for any of that. The thief had showered dressed and cleaned up the room before heading to the tavern at Ben's request or suggestion he didn't really recall.  
Role-Play 1 - Sovereign

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff