Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lirilei
Crew

Breedables Degenerate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:23 pm
Running Away
(Briar and Draven run away from their trainers for their own safety)

He couldn't sleep though he should have gone to bed hours ago. Instead he was in his office, papers shuffling between his fingers as he looked for a particular set. Those found his pen was picked back up and the nib began to scratch onto the paper, the only sound in the otherwise silent office besides his own breathing. It was a little after three in the morning, according to the clock burning away on his desk more or less unnoticed.

There was a dragonite not far away, struggling to stay in the air. He was carefully holding a pachirisu close to his chest. "I don't know how long I'll last," Draven muttered. "I've been flying for hours, and I don't see any place without people..." That said, the dragonite began to fall--his wings beating feebly against the force of gravity. They crash landed directly into Colby's backyard, bringing down half of the picket fence with them.

The Pachirisu being clung to, wrapped her paws around her friends hand as much as she could in encouragement though she knew his muttered words weren't meant for her persay. Still as he began to fall she turned away from the fast approaching ground and pressed her face against the Dragonite's chest with a soft whimper of fright. Who wouldn't be scared of falling like they were? There was the sound of something breaking...tangling up with them and she lay there still, afraid to move. "Dr...Draven? Are you okay? Draven!?" the Pachirisu, injured earlier in the day ignored her own injuries to begin looking the other over as best she could.

Though her head snapped up at the lights flashing on in the house not far from them. "Draven.....get up Draven...we have to hide! Please Draven!"

"There's no where to hide..." Draven said, shaking his head slowly. He wrapped his arms around her. "You hide," he said. "I'm too big, but you've got a chance. Maybe these people are nice. They have children." he glanced around the yard. "Go," he instructed. "Hurry. Behind that bush there. Hide!"

Children! The idea terrified her! She clung to Draven as he hugged her and shook her head. "I'm not leaving you Draven! I'll zap who ever comes out and we can run away further..." still as he gently shoved her away she ran to hide in the bush, staring at him with wide, frantic eyes. Why wouldn't he hide?! The yard was dark...he could find somewhere a person wouldn't see him!

The door opened then, and there stood a tall man wearing a dark expression a weapon held in his hand as he looked out into the dark yard. "Who's out here? I have a gun, and I will shoot you if you attempt anything!" why yes...Colby thought he had a burglar on his hands!

"Drago nite?" What was a gun? His former trainer Jaime had spoken about ribbons, anime, hats--she had even put blue ribbons on his antennas on occassion. But what was a gun? He looked up at Colby helplessly. He wasn't sure he could get up. He attempted to scoot away, closer to Briar. Maybe the man couldn't see him. Maybe he wouldn't shoot him with a gun--whatever a gun was. "It'll be okay Briar," he promised. "I'll take care of you. Like I always do. I love you."

That phrase from the Dragonite...it made Colby pause a moment and the gun, well it was set up on a high shelf, and he grabbed a flashlight instead and flicked it out into the yard at the same moment the motion detectors were kicked on by a stray cat streaking past. It made Colby blink seeing the dragon scooting along on the ground. "A Dragonite? Here?" how...odd! Briar was looking up at the human as he reached for something and stepped outside.

Draven was still waiting to see if he would be shot with a gun. He attempted to stand, struggling to get up onto his feet. "Drago?" he studied Colby. For all his frightening sounding voice, the man couldn't have been much older than Jaime's father.

Of course with the lights on, Colby could see half his fencing was gone, and semi tangled around the Dragonite. He stepped from the house, the pokeball held loosely. Oh he'd had Pokemon once upon a time, but ever since life changed, he'd not. Still...a Dragonite.... "Lets see if my aim is still any good..." he pulled his arm back to throw the ball then, Briar's eyes wide. "No! Draven!!"

Draven did nothing to avoid the pokeball. He knew he couldn't have moved fast enough to dodge it, and he was too weak to battle, if the man opted for that. He allowed the ball to catch him, and with a few wiggles of the pokeball, the dragonite was caught.

Briar was horror struck to see him caught and darted out of the bush, arms clutching at the pokeball almost ineffectively as Colby reached for it then, brushing aside the Pachirisu. "No you don't you little thief. This is my pokeball." a tired yawn from him as he turned away from the shiny pachirisu. Hm....it was a shiny... he might not have a use for it but he could trade it away. He reached for another pokeball and tossed it at the distraught electric squirrel watching as it too was caught and picked that one up too and started inside. He'd call for a repair crew once it was day time.

The dragonite's pokeball began to wiggle. Draven left the pokeball with relative ease, standing directly in front of Colby. He carefully took Briar's pokeball, and shook a clawed finger at the man. "Nite nite nite," he said sternly, cradling the pachirisu's pokeball carefully. He released Briar from her pokeball and picked her up. "Nite!" he added, glancing in Colby's direction. This was his pachirisu. Colby may have caught her, but she certainly didn't belong to him.

"You're not supposed to be able to do that....maybe these things are defective..." he hadn't used them in almost a decade so maybe... he blinked at the Dragonite taking the other pokeball and released the Pachirisu, who quickly curled around his shoulders and neck looking like a pink and white scarf. "You two are friends I see....alright." he rubbed a tired hand over his eyes as he locked up and grabbed his gun before going back to his office where he replaced it in his gun safe. "What am I getting myself into here..." words muttered as he exited the office again and looked around. What to do with these two? He didn't suppose he'd be getting the pokeballs back anytime soon...

Draven was pleased, the human hadn't fought him. In reward, he followed Colby out of the office and wrapped his short arms around the man as far as he could. "Drago, dragonite!" There was some joy in the dragonite's tone. They were free! Free from the awful trainers they had had before! "See, I told you I would take care of you. Now that I have this pokeball, you belong to me. And I'll take care of you as long as we're together. And we always will be."

Colby was surprised by the hug and returned it with a light chuckle patting the Dragonite on the arm lightly. It sounded happy, which was good. The Pachirisu seemed to be watching him warily even as it nuzzled against the Dragonite's neck. "Pachiiiii...." the sound low...worried. "I know...but...can we trust him? I'm worried..." of course she was and who could blame her really? After all they'd been through. Still, she was tired and hurt...and she knew Draven had to be more so after all that flying then that landing. "I'm tired Draven...do you think we can sleep?"

Draven nodded. He plopped himself down on the floor and curled up into a ball, wrapping his tail gently around Briar. He pressed his muzzle close to her. "We'll sleep," he said. "They won't find us here, Briar. I flew far enough..."

Briar curled close to him covering herself with her tail as she let out a deep sigh. She supposed they were stuck now...he was an adult...not like their former trainers were... she trusted Draven... she felt a blanket being draped over them by Colby. "Sleep, I'll set up somewhere for you two to rest better but for now, you look like you both need to sleep."  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:49 am
Breakfast Time
(Unfinished)

Morning found Colby still awake and on his fourth cup of coffee. A new room had been set up for Draven and Briar to settle in since something told him the dragonite wouldn't stay in its pokeball...and thus neither would the pachirisu...and making some breakfast. It was the smell of food that woke Molly and she stretched with a yawn, and rubbed at her eyes as she got to her feet easily, and shuffled from her room. A short time in the bathroom and she was making her way to get breakfast. She was hungry!

Draven was making his way out of the room they'd slept in, carrying a still-sleepy Briar. "It's morning and we're still here," he said, beaming at the pachirisu. He wandered out into the hall and bumped into Molly. His eyes widened, and he stared. This girl was tiny! But he was sure she wasn't much younger than his trainer had been. Oh no! Briar would be horrified.

Briar was yawning some and slightly stretching in the Dragonite's hands when they collided with...what? She heard a surprised squeak and heard the hard thump of something falling and peered over Draven's hold down to the ground at the small child sitting there on the ground looking confused. "Paaapaaa? I ran into something! Did you put up something new?" how curious she sounded, hands feeling around the bare floor...only to stop as she felt one of Draven's feet. "W...what's this?" her eyes stared off as her hand explored curiously.

Draven stood still as Molly's hand went over him. He blinked. "Drago? Drago nite?" What was wrong with this girl? Hadn't she seen him? ...She hadn't, had she? He took hold of her arm, and helped her up. "Drago drago nite!" He nuzzled her hair. He still liked children. He hadn't been used to fight battles with only a set outcome, and his trainer--though she did seem to have a love for putting ribbons on him and attempting to make him clothes, had been somewhat decent. He liked children. Maybe this one was nice?

That was a new sound too! Molly's face broke into a bright smile as she turned towards the sound even as she was pulled to her feet, Briar curling around Draven's neck again warily. "A Dragonite?! Oh I bet you look amazing!" She knew how rare they were and couldn't believe there was one here! "Papa! A dragonite!?" Colby leaned around the kitchen then. "Ah yes...visitors in the night. They'll be staying here." "Visitors? As in more than one? What another dragonite?" "No, there's a pachirisu with the dragonite." "A pachirisu? Really?" she beamed and moved towards her father a hand held out lightly, fingertips brushing along a familiar path and she pulled out her chair carefully before she reached for her juice, returning it to its exact place. "We'll have to teach them to be careful of you, so you don't trip" "Again!" "...again yes...and get hurt." "I didn't get hurt though papa, and dragonite helped me up!" her feet were swinging happily as she waited on food. "Is Jacen still sleeping papa?" "Looks that way. Should I wake him?" "Probably..."

It probably wasn't a good idea for Colby to wake Jacen. Though the vanilite boy had warmed up to the man, and now saw him as his father, he had retained one thing from his time as a pokemon. He hated being woken up. "Nnnn," he muttered, pulling his blanket over his head. "No, I'm not getting up yet," he protested. "Not yet. You can't make me. I don't care what you made for breakfast." He burrowed under his pillow.

Colby couldn’t help but be quietly amused at Jacen’s reaction and patted him lightly. “Alright son, you sleep.” And it was as simple as that. He stepped back from the room, the door closed behind so the boy could sleep, and he went back to the table where Molly was eating her breakfast. “Jacen’s not ready to wake up.” “Okay! Can I give the Dragonite some of my bacon?” “I suppose. I don’t know if it’ll eat it. But maybe it and the Pachirisu will eat. I need to get them food anyhow.” Molly beamed and picked up two pieces of bacon and held them out. “Dragonite…Pachirisu…are you hungry?”  

Lirilei
Crew

Breedables Degenerate

Lirilei
Crew

Breedables Degenerate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:10 pm
Runaway

I can't take it anymore! I can't take one more of these battles where Butch is sent out to fight me...and I end up hurt, or just unable to move thanks to one of his moves...I'm tired of Draven having to come to my rescue all the time...I want to run away...but I don't want to leave Draven...

That was the crux of the problem. Draven, and her desire to stay near him. She'd walk through fire for the Dragonite that was her best friend...and lately had started to become more. Of course her trainer and his, were silly little twits who more or less did live action role playing scenarios using their pokemon. Aime had a nasty old Arbok, (the aforementioned Butch) that delighted in fighting Briar. He had been her prize pokemon till the shiny pachirisu had been caught. He had played the hero in all the girls' games, and had fallen for a lovely Ekans...who through a cruel twist had been injured beyond hope by his own former rival, a mean tempered Onix. His lovely Ekans had died, and something in him died as well.

So when Aime decided he needed to play the villian...well he was more than happy and never took it easy on the Pachirisu who knew the stupidest moves in his opinion. Nor on her dragon savior.

It was after what felt like the three hundreth time that Briar began to tire of these games. The seven hundred and thirty second time, was her first injury requiring the help of a poke-center. The one thousand two hundreth and third time, she had broken bones and was poisoned.

Somewhere between the three hundreth and five hundreth time...she realized she liked Draven...and wanted to spend more time with him...even if it meant these stupid games.

It was the first time Draven got injured that she stopped tolerating the games, and began to dread leaving her pokeball for fear one of them would get hurt again. Or worse. Butch had taunted them with his own painful story...and it frightened Briar.

It was around the eleventh hundred time Briar decided they needed to run far away, both of them. It was the eleventh hundred time she'd been attacked and sent flying, this time it was harder to get up...and her legs collapsed from under her even as the girls squealed in delight as Draven was called out. The fact these two girls shipped their Pokemon was a dangerous thing for the creatures involved.

Briar watched through hazy eyes as Draven got Butch away from her, and picked her up to protect her. A weak her words trailed off, unable to stay awake anymore.

So she was surprised to wake up some time later to the two of them flying high over trees and other things blurring past them. She felt strong arms holding her, and she relaxed against her friends chest as she was informed he'd run away with her, and they would be safe and he would protect her. That was good...they were safe....

Her eyes fell shut again unable to remain open through the pain...and only opening again shortly before their crash landing. The man worried her...as did evidence of a child...but Draven wasn't leaving...and so she would stay too...for better or worse...she would stay with Draven. Forever.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:26 am
Sick Room
(Jacen is sick, and Briar and Draven find their stars!)

It was one of those days where one thing after another kept coming up and keeping Colby busy. First of course there was breakfast, then Briar in her excitement managed to knock over a lamp and break it meaning Molly had to stay put while he cleaned it up. Then there was some phone calls that came in, and Briar knocking over a plant and strewing soil around. Which meant once again Molly had to sit still while things were cleaned up.

There was so much going on that it took Colby awhile to realize that a member of the family was still in bed! Of course he knew everyone slept in once in awhile if they were able, so he hadn't thought anything of Jacen sleeping through breakfast. But it was as he cleaned up from lunch that he realized the poke-child still hadn't come out of his room. Drying his hands on a dish towel he decided he'd better go check on him then, and moved through the house and knocked lightly on the proper door. "Jacen?"

"Papa?" The response was faint and barely audible, followed by a series of coughs. The vanilite boy was feeling sickly, shivering in his bed: he felt as if he had been sunburnt rather than laying in bed. He gave another cough, wiping at his forehead in a vain attempt to stop sweating. Why did he feel like he was in an oven? Why did he feel so hot, but when he removed his blankets he felt as if he was in the artic? Papa was there though. He'd make it all better.

The quiet response of course had Colby moving into the room and quickly lips pressing together a moment as he looked at the boy laying there. He didn't look good at all. "I think you need a cool bath Jacen...I think you're sick." he looked it...but he wasn't sure, he'd never dealt with a sick pokemon...let alone poke-human! Did he call a pokemon doctor? A human one? He was uncertain honestly.

Jacen just nodded, seemingly unwilling to get out of bed. He gave another cough, reaching for Colby's hand. "Like Molly was," he recalled. He remembered wanting to help her. He'd been a Pokemon then: the glittering star under her bed had seemed like a medicine from the angels, until he had touched it. "So hot..."

"That's what I was afraid of...and you being hot being an ice type is bad." very bad. He took the boys hand and his eyes widened. "You're burning up Jacen!" Molly heard the yell and came as quickly as she could. "Papa? Is Jacen okay?" "No Molly, he's very sick." "Like I was?" "Yes sweetie. I'm going to give him a cold bath to bring down his fever." "Can I help papa?" "He needs cold water to drink." "I'll get it papa!" and off she ran....only to trip over Briar who had been trying to get out of the way. Briar let out a squeal as her tail was smashed, and Molly let out a note of surprise as she started to fall. Colby had his hands full with Jacen and couldn't do more than give a helpless cry of "Molly!"

"Burning..." Jacen muttered in agreement. He gave his father's hand a squeeze. He had the utmost faith that his father knew what he was doing. He could fix this. Papa always knew what to do. "Molly?" He asked, looking around for his one time trainer. He jerked up and climbed out of bed, nearly falling in the process. His expression was pained. He wasn't able to help Molly this time. But someone else was. Draven caught Molly, scolding her with a "Nite, drag no!" And a shake of one clawed finger. He carried her out into the kitchen and set her down by the sink. Then the dragonite went to check Briar.

Colby caught Jacen as he fell knowing that out of the two of them, Jacen needed him more than Molly at this point. Molly had fallen plenty of times, and where she was falling at, there was nothing to get hurt on save maybe hitting a wall on the way down. Still he was worried about her too even as he held Jacen carefully, feeling how wet the boy was from what he assumed was sweat.

Relief crossed his face as Draven caught her, a slight smile at the scolding. He had to admit, in the weeks since they'd shown up things had gotten easier in a way. Draven kept an eye on Molly when he couldn't, and even the pachirisu...well she didn't cause too much trouble. Usually.

Molly gasped as she was caught. clinging to Draven's arms and hugged him even as he scolded. "Thank you Dragonite!" of course she hadn't named either of them. They were her dad's pokemon and he called them by their species so she did the same.

Briar was fine, more relieved Molly was okay!

Jacen leaned against Colby, wrapping his arms around his father's neck. "I'm so hot, Papa," he complained. Was it normal to sweat so much? He never had, as a Pokemon. "Molly's okay?" He asked, more concerned about her safety than his. In a way he still considered her his trainer. He needed to protect her. Draven fretted over Briar, despite her words. "I wish I wasn't so big," he said. "I want to protect you and be with you, always."

"She's okay Jacen, Draven caught her and set her down." he carried the boy into the bathroom and held him close as he ran a cool bath for him. He didn't want it too cold, but cold enough he'd cool off. "Alright...in you go, clothes and all at this point. We can get those off in awhile. More important to get you in this cold bath. I swear you're melting Jacen." which was a very BAD thing!

Briar couldn't help but smile at his fretting. she looked towards Molly. subject change? Just slightly.

Melting? The vanilite was immediately alarmed, blue eyes wide in horror. "M-melting?" He stammered, giving a shiver. Could he melt? Was that possible? "Papa... Am I dying?" He asked. He couldn't die! He had to take care of Molly! He was her Pokemon!

Draven scooped Briar up into his arms. "We both can," he said. He carried the pacirisu to the kitchen and set her down on the cupboard. He handed her an empty glass.

Colby hugged him tightly to himself. "No, you're not dying Jacen you're just very very sick right now." he carefully laid the boy into the cold water, hoping it was cold enough for him. But it really didn't feel that cold after a few moments. "Ice...I need ice cubes for this water..." words muttered to himself. Something to cool Jacen down!

Briar held on as she was scooped up and held onto the glass tightly as Molly listened to the noises both from the pokemon and from the bathroom. "Papa said something about needing ice...maybe the water for Jacen?" Molly could hear the cabinet opening, the sound of the glass clinking lightly on the counter top. So she knew Draven was getting the water. "I gotta help Jacen!"

Draven recognized the word ice. He went to the freezer and handed Molly two ice trays. He patted her on the head and directed her towards the bathroom. "Nite, dragonite!" Oh, he wished he could do more!
Jacen laid in the water, shivering at the sudden cold. He adjusted quickly, though, and slowly sat up. "I know I'll be okay if you say I will, Papa," he gave Colby a small smile.

Molly felt the ice trays and held them tightly with one hand, even as Briar nudged the cold glass against her other hand. "Thank you!" and there she went, carefully making her way back to the bathroom. "Papa..I have water and ice!" Colby looked up and gave a relieved smile taking both from her. "Thank you Molly." She looked in Jacen's general direction hearing the noise in the water. "You'll be okay Jacen! Papa, and me, and dragonite and pachirisu'll all take good care of you!" of course they would.

Briar though sighed again. "Being so small sucks. I can't help do anything...and when I try I make a bigger mess of things." "You helped Jacen," Draven insisted with a slight frown. "And Molly's bigger than you, but she can't do much to help. Size doesn't matter." The dragonite sighed. "What matters is your heart. And I know it better than anyone."

"You helped Jacen," Draven insisted with a slight frown. "And Molly's bigger than you, but she can't do much to help. Size doesn't matter." The dragonite sighed. "What matters is your heart. And I know it better than anyone."

Jacen reached out a hand to grasp Molly's. "You've always taken good care of me, Molly," he said. Even when she'd tried to name him Sweetie. Blegh!

"Not as much as I want to...and Molly helps more than I do, even not being able to do much. Not her fault she's blind." Briar sighed again, giving Draven a weak smile. "Maybe you're right. I don't know. I feel like I'm in the way so much though. I'm so small Molly doesn't hear me moving around and trips on me...but when I try to get out of the way I break things and make it dangerous for her. I'm a menace." how sad she sounded!

There was a soft giggle from Molly as her hand was taken. "You're all wet!" "And cooling down too which is good. I'm still adding in this ice." and Colby did turn the trays open and crack the ice the cubes plopping into the water. "This'll help you more."

Draven shook his head. "You're not a menace. Its not your fault you're small, just like it isn't Molly's fault she's blind. You're just as important. ...More important, to me." Draven awkwardly looked away from Briar then, and out the kitchen window.

Jacen let his hand slip from Molly's. His fever was going down at a rapid pace, which caused him to become tired. How long had he laid in bed, staring at the ceiling? He started to slip under the water

Of course Briar was oblivious to Draven's deeper feelings as she reached out and patted his arm. "You're my best friend, so you're the most important to me too. You've meant a lot to me, for a long time." she gave a soft sigh, and jumped down off the counter finally as he looked out the window. Maybe she'd go outside for a little bit. Colby had installed a little doggy door for her...or in this case a Pachirisu door...and it was where she went, slipping through the flap...and unintentionally into Draven's line of sight as she caught the glimmer of something off in an over grown corner of the backyard, which caught her attention and had her moving towards it. "What's that? Nothing should be shining over here..." she crept closer, wondering what could be so bright in such a dim location!

Of course all of this took place where she could be seen by Draven....much as her suddenly collapsing to the ground for no reason could be seen from that window. She'd reached for the shiny...only to touch it and fall, eyes shut tightly.

Molly let Jacen's hand go as it slipped loose, she didn't know any better. Colby turned back to the tub after setting aside the ice trays in time to see Jacen going under and his arm shot out and carefully pulled the boys head up above the water. "Whoa...Jacen c'mon son wake up...if you're not careful you'll drown. Think you're ready to go back to bed? I'll get you out and dried up and you can sit and wait while I change your sheets and set up a fan to keep you cooled down."

Draven immediately panicked, and practically flew out the door and to the pacirisu's side. He picked her up carefully. What had happened? And why had she gone out in the first place? She had made her feelings for him perfectly clear.. He was her best friend. No matter how much he wished, he doubted he could change that. He loved her!
Jacen stirred, frowning slightly. Did they have to wake him? He had finally gotten comfortable. "Nnn.. Papa," he whined, attempting to turn onto his side. He didn't want to move. He was comfortable... Drown? "'M awake," he muttered.

The pachirisu was not having any sort of pleasant and quiet sleeping experience. Furthest from. She was laying there mumbling away fretfully under her breath, looking agitated in her otherwise unconscious state. "...gotta tell him....lied...." the words sighed. "...not friend..." she fell silent for a long moment even as she shifted and sort of pressed against Draven. "....love him....m'Draven..." that was one way to go about things. Still a part of her, while she loved him, didn't feel like she was the best for him. She was so tiny! But oh did she ever love him!

Colby held him up for a bit above the water. Molly had already exited the bathroom. She could undo Jacen's bedding! So she worked on that quickly the soaked sheets set to the side. "Papa, his bed is soaked...he can lay in my bed it's okay." she called out then. "If you're sure Molly..." "I am papa." and she was off, her bedding turned down as Colby drained the tub and reached for a towel. "Up we go."

Draven stiffened. She'd lied? But why? Why would she lie? Wasn't how he felt obvious? "Don't worry, Briar," he assured the sleeping the pacirisu. "I'll take care of you." He noticed something on the ground and paused. A star? A shining, glittery thing. Maybe Colby would like it! He shifted Briar to one arm and picked it up--he found his eyelids growing heavy, and laid down. Eh. Gift giving could wait.

Jacen found he was just as comfortable in Colby's arms as he had been in the water. The sleepy vanilite child quickly wrapped his arms around Colby's neck, leaning his head on the man's shoulder. "Sleepy," he muttered, watching Colby reach for a towel through half closed eyes.

Of course she was unaware of her little confession...or of the fact she'd have to answer some questions once they both woke back up...but for the moment she laid there curled up on Draven, her tail curled over her and slumbered blissfully unaware of all the changes coming to her life soon.

Colby got Jacen wrapped in the towel, and carefully worked on drying him up, and getting him out of his wet clothes before carrying him to his room long enough for some light shorts before the boy was tucked into Molly's bed, a small fan turned on and aimed at him. "I'll stay in here in case he needs anything papa." "Alright Molly. Come find me if he does." "I will papa, promise."

Lirilei
Crew

Breedables Degenerate

Lirilei
Crew

Breedables Degenerate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:30 pm
Fate has a way of curling His fingers about a life or two, and changing things to fit His fickle whims. This...is no different. Welcome to Fate's meddling.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:41 am
Free falling...

Fire.

So much fire...

and pain...

Glass shattering and tinkling all around...

THUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDD!!!

The car came to a rest...upside down and mangled. She felt as if she'd been trampled by an elephant...but it was worse...so much worse...

The car that she had been riding in with Molly and her father, had crashed. A tire blew out on it and he lost control....

The side of the road was steep..but the car slammed through the side rail like a piece of paper...and then they rolled...and fell...

....pain....

"So...glad....Draven stayed home...with Jacen...."

It was raining. There were voices...yelling and calling out orders...the rain bothered her. No...not rain.

Water.

The fire was being put out, cries of 'It's going to explode!' filling her ears...

Gentle hands pulled her from where she was trapped, and she looked to the car...to the two still inside.

Motionless.

Colby....Molly...

Briar began to sob. They were dead (weren't they?), and she had no way to get home...didn't know where home was. Where....where Draven was!

The man holding her handed her off to a woman who mentioned healing her.

Her head spun and she lost the ability to be awake anymore. When she did wake up, she could see people...machines...

"Nurse Joy! The pachirisu woke up and is fine she....hey wait! Come back!"

Run!

Run!

Far away...can't stay. Have to get home! Have to tell them what happened! Find them...Jacen and Draven...tell them...tell them Molly and Colby....

Tears blurred her eyes as she ran. She would have to rely on herself now she had no choice. Always she'd been weak...Draven her protector...but now...she had to keep herself safe. There was no one else who could...

Lirilei
Crew

Breedables Degenerate

Lirilei
Crew

Breedables Degenerate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:32 pm
Boo! Ahh!
(Tania scares Briar, and gives her some important information!)

Briar:
Briar had woken up one morning colder than usual, looking much, much different than usual. She looked more like she remembered Molly looking, and while it was unusual she wasn't scared. Jacen had looked like a boy of sorts after all! Still, she was cold, and hungry!

She'd found a place to sleep that night and was glad the owners were gone! Briar had been able to sneak in and get herself some clothes, and even some food! Once she wasn't hungry anymore she left the house and started walking, feeling more confident than she had in...well...ever

Tania:
Tania had caught sight of Briar, and deciding that this was the perfect chance to use her scare tactics. She hadn't yet been able to use them--those she was certain she possessed. "Boo!" She shouted, leaping out from behind a nearby bush. She studied the parchisu. "You're like me," she observed. "I scared you, didn't I?"

Briar:
"AIIIIEEE!" Briar's cry of surprise pierced the morning air, and her tail wrapped around herself, burying her face in it a moment, before her head snapped up at the other girl. "Of course you did! Jumping out at me like that was mean!" Briar stomped her foot some, more than a little annoyed at her reaction to being startled like she had been.

Tania:
Tania roared with laughter. This girl's reaction had been the best of all of them. "Did you see your face?" She crowed. She mimicked hiding her face in her tail, giggling. "You're funny. I like you. My name's Tania. I live here," she pointed in the direction of Grayson's lab. "I like your dress," she said. "It'd be better if it were blue though."

Briar:
She was being laughed at? Mocked? Really? This made Briar angry, the fur along her tail bristling as her eyes narrowed. "Well I don't like you and I don't care what your name is." she started to walk past the weird girl, huffing in annoyance. "Well I like it just the way it is!" she stuck her tongue out at Tania then. Who did this girl think she was!?

Tania:
Tania stuck her tongue right back out at Briar. "Well, that isn't very polite," she said. "You should at least give me your name. I gave you mine. I haven't seen you in this area before. Are you lost?"

Briar:
"Maybe I don't want to give you my name." well this was true, she didn't! "No I'm not lost. I'm just passing through the area actually. I'd be a lot further along if you hadn't decided to be mean to me."

Tania:
"Huh. Well. Have you seen a squirrel type Pokemon? Some fat dragon is looking for it. He wouldn't tell me his name either, but he threatened to hyperbeam me if I didn't look for it." She shrugged. "I haven't told Daddy yet. I think he would be mad if I told him."

Briar:
Briar's eyes widened and she whirled to face Tania, eyes bright. "Draven!? You saw Draven? When? Where!?" oh she was excited! Someone had seen him! It'd been weeks now, and she missed him soooo much! "I'm Briar! And he's not fat you meany!"

Tania:
"I don't know who Draven is!" Tania said, sticking her tongue out at her. "Just that dragon. He was orange and not very nice. He lives over in the cabin by the lake. His trainer is much nicer!"

Briar:
"A cabin by the lake? Where is this lake!? Tell me!" Briar reached out her fingers curling in the other girls dress and tugged on it, as if trying to force the information from the other. Trainer? What trainer?

Tania:
"Not far. A little ways away," Tania pointed towards it. "Why? Who's Draven? Is he your pet?" She blinked. She knew what it was like to look for someone. She had had to find a new family after her father had thrown her out. "Its just beyond those trees."

Briar:
Briar blinked and suddenly laughed shaking her head. "My pet!? Nooo...noo..he's my best friend, and protector and stuff. We got separated and I've been looking for him ever since. Just over there? Really?" she looked in the pointed direction with a smile. So close! And she hadn't known it the day before when she got too tired to keep walking!

Tania:
"So. Like a bodyguard?" Tania's smile suddenly faded. "I see." She couldn't take left over upset out on this girl. She had hidden it from everyone. "Yes, just over there. I hope you find your friend! Maybe if you decide to live there too, we can play!"

Briar:
"Thats how he started out...but he's so much more than that to me...and now he protects me because he cares about me." she gave Tania a smile. "Thank you for telling me how to find him! I don't know if I'll stay or if we'll go that will be up to Draven. It was nice meeting you though!"

Tania:
Tania didn't much care for mushy stuff. She wrinkled her nose. "Save the mush for your crush!" She said. "Go get him, then. I bet he feels the same way about you. He might hyperbeam the forest in his excitement though."

Briar:
There was a laugh and a nod, and she turned away from Tania then. "See you later! Bye!" She ran then, off in the way she'd been pointed. Would she really find Draven? She sure hoped so!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:16 pm
Reunited
(Briar and Draven find one another again)

Briar:
Briar had taken off running, and as she entered the forest she immediately tripped and fell...and stumbled into the lake it's self. She surfaced with a yelp, shivering as she got out! That water was COLD! Looking like a drowned rat...or well squirrel...she began to wander along the edge of the lake, arms wrapped around herself rubbing her arms to warm them. She was so cold... Maybe if she warmed up a little she could keep walking! So she hunkered down somewhere tail wrapping over herself to start warming up...as much as she could with a cold wet tail around herself!

Draven:
Draven had swooped down to aid the poor soul in the lake only to find that there wasn't a drowning victim. It was a -- well. A girl, wandering the lake. "Are you cold?" He ventured. "My trainer has a fire going in our cabin. Its a little cramped, but I can get you something warm to drink--" he hesitated. That girl looked familar. "Briar?"

Briar:
Briar had looked up at the voice suddenly talking, and her eyes widened as she jumped to her feet, eyes bright and wet. "Draven! It's you! Oh Draven!" she ran to the Dragonite and wrapped her arms around him tightly and hugged him. "I've been looking for you for a long time now!"

Draven:
"And its you!" Draven exclaimed, wrapping his arms around Briar. "You've changed!" He observed, studying her. "Closer to my size now!" He nuzzled her. "And just as beautiful."

Briar:
"It is me!" she hugged him as tightly as she could, beaming at him. "Just the other day I changed! It's so weird looking like this really." it was! She blushed though at being called beautiful. "I missed you so much Draven! I was worried I'd never see you again!"

Draven:
"I missed you too!" He exclaimed. He scooped her up. "Let's get you somewhere warm. You'll like my trainer! He's nice." He carried her, carefully, to the cabin. "I looked for you too. I knew you wouldnt abandon me!"

Briar:
She giggled as she was picked up and leaned her head against his chest. "I didn't no. There was a car accident that day and..." her voice broke, eyes filling with tears. "Oh Draven! Molly and Colby are dead! I saw that just before I blacked out from my pain and injuries."

Draven:
Draven froze. If he hadn't talked to Noble, he would have believed her. "you're wrong," he said gently. "A friend told me they're okay. At the hospital. You must have been very scared. Jacen is okay too."

Briar:
Briar blinked in surprise. "Really? They're alive? Jacen's okay? You're sure?" she sagged in relief, a sigh coming from her. "I was so scared...the car tumbled over and over....the windows broke..there was fire..." she shuddered.

Draven:
"I'm sure. My friend told me. He was helping me look for you." Draven cradled her in his arms. "Even that pesky mew was helping. She said she was good at finding people. But I found you!" The dragonite beamed. "And now you're safe."

Briar:
"Pesky Mew...Tania? She told me how to find you! Then I fell in the lake trying to find you." she gave a soft laugh as she hugged him again. "The last few weeks have been terrifying for me...and lonely. I didn't think I'd ever see you again."

Draven:
"She's pesky," Draven grumbled. "Always floating around trying to scare me. She seemed sad when she first came here. I liked her better when she was sad." He felt bad admitting that, though. He returned the hug. "They've been lonely for me too. Let's never be seperated like that again."

Briar:
"Sad? Being sad isn't good." no, not good at all! "You said you have a new trainer?" she was curious really. There was a nod of her head though. "I agree, lets never be separated again!" it was too scary and lonely.

Draven:
"His name's Rhiyn. He's older than our first trainers, but only by a little. He said he graduated school in May and his parents gave him this cabin to see if he could make it on his own. He has another Pokemon too! Her name is Claret, she's a heatmor." Draven explained as he wrapped a blanket around Briar. "You're freezing," he fretted

Briar:
"Oh I see. I'm glad you've had somewhere safe to stay Draven." oh was she ever! His reminder of being cold made her shiver again. "I sort of fell into the lake. I'm honestly freezing." she tilted her head up at him. "You said there wasn't a lot of room. I don't want to be in the way there Draven. Maybe I can find somewhere close to stay." words murmured quietly.

Draven:
Draven shook his head firmly. "There's no where else for you to stay," he said, "because I won't let you leave. I'll block all the exits so you can't." He carried her to the couch and laid her down carefully. "You'll stay here. Rhiyn will love you. I love you." At that moment, Rhiyn stepped into the livingroom, blinking in the light let in from the windows. He seemed to have just woken from a nap: his black hair was tousled from being smushed against a pillow. "What's this? Oh! So you found your friend!" He beamed. "Good work."

Briar:
Briar was too cold to argue, and she knew Draven would do all he could to keep her there anyhow. She huddled in the blanket that had been wrapped around her, and looked up at Rhiyn a shy smile on her face. He would be the first person she'd dealt with since this change. Other pokemon who had changed sure, but a person? This was new.

Draven:
"I'm Rhiyn," the teenager addressed Briar with a smile. "You're welcome to stay here as long as you like--you're soaked!" He exclaimed, fretfully. He hurried to his room, and pulled an extra shirt out of his drawers. "Go change into this," he instructed. "I'll get a hairdryer! Jeez, you must be frozen!"

Briar:
"I...I'm Briar." she smiled up at him again, looking to Draven a moment. "Thank you for taking in Draven. It's nice knowing he's had somewhere to stay." the sudden realization of her being wet and all made her chuckle and she kicked off her sodden shoes and stood up with the shirt in hand. "Uhm...where should I go change?"

Draven:
"The bathroom," Rhiyn replied immediately. "Go change, I'll help you dry off after. We can talk introductions after you're dry!" He turned to Draven, grumbled something about the dragonite being useless in an emergency: though his tone was affectionate. "There, Draven. You get the futon ready. The one Tania was trying to jump on yesterday!" Draven slipped out of the living room, amused with his trainer's antics. He had never met a human more eager to please.

Briar:
There was a nod and she moved off to the bathroom shirt clutched in her hand and after a little bit she came back out, the shirt way too big on her of course but for the best. Her wet clothes were in hand as she stood there. "I fell in the lake just before Draven found me." she gave by way of explanation. "Thank you for letting me stay here."

Draven:
"Of course! You're the girl Draven's told -- everyone so much about! Well, not me directly, you know, can't speak dragonitese or whatever it is," Rhiyn said, grinning as he reached for the hairdryer. He plugged it in, and started to dry Briar's tail. "Falling in the lake at this time of year," he tutted. "You'll be fine," he assured her. "You haven't caught your death." Draven entered the living room, holding out another blanket. "See, I told you he'd like you, Briar. He's nice!"

Briar:
Briar took the blanket from Draven and hugged it close while her tail was dried. The heat felt really nice! She sniffled some, feeling her nose thaw out. "The water is really cold. So's the air." she rubbed her face in the blanket a moment, yawning some as she did.

Draven:
"Its almost winter. You'll have a nice warm place here," Rhiyn promised. He started on her hair. "No wonder Draven was so worried about you. You're a real beauty, all dried." He smirked at the dragonite. "You guys get reaquainted. I promised Claret we would look for her mother today."

Briar:
"Well I didn't always look like this...just recently...I used to be really small..." and she held her hands for a sort of size comparison, though it caused her to drop her blanket as she did. "I hope you find her mom, being alone isn't fun. Though she has you guys which is good." a very good thing! She yawned again, rubbing at her eyes. Going from cold to warm was making her sleepy!

Draven:
They will," Draven said, picking up Briar's blanket, as Rhiyn left the room. "They've been looking since Rhiyn caught Claret. We haven't had any luck yet. But you can help too, now. After you rest. There's a bed in here," he pointed to the spare room. "It folds up if you don't want it.'

Briar:
I'll help look too yes. Hopefully we can find her." she moved towards the spare room and found the little bed there and sat on it rubbing her eyes again. "It'll be nice not sleeping in trees or anywhere I can find that seems safe." she hadn't slept well in weeks! "So glad I found you again."

Draven:
"I'm glad you did too," Draven said. "I love you, Briar. I don't want to be apart, ever again. Not having you is like not having my tail. Or my wings."

Briar:
"I love you too Draven." she laid down on the futon then and got covered with the blanket, scooting as much as she could and patting the spot next to her. Hopefully he could fit on the futon...though she had a feeling she'd be knocked off if he tried. "Never, ever, again."

Draven:
Draven carefully sat next to her, running a gentle claw through her hair. "Go to sleep," he muttered. "You need the rest. I'll stay here until you wake up. I'll protect you."

Briar:
She yawned softly as he sat next to her, a sleepy smile given. "Remind me, to tell you about the scary pokemon I met in the forest who chased me and scared me....and the one that tried to eat me..." she gave a tired laugh as she curled against him.

Draven:
"I'll remind you," Draven promised. If only so she'd describe them so he could use hyperbeam on those Pokemon. "One tried to eat you?" He growled.

Briar:
"Mmmhmm...was a big bear...it was grumpy and growled at me and I ran away to where it couldn't find me." there was a sleepy chuckle from her. "That was really scary especially when it chased me telling me I was its dinner and to come back."

Draven:
Draven gritted his teeth, and nuzzled Briar carefully. "I'll protect you," he promised. "Like I always have."

Briar:
"Okay Draven." there was a content sigh from her as she drifted closer to sleep. "I want to get stronger too though...I wouldn't have been so scared if I could have protected myself at least a little. So soon, I need to start getting stronger."

Draven:
Draven stroked Briar's hair. "I'll teach you," he said. "To protect yourself. I'll teach you to use hyperbeam."

Briar:
There was a nod of her head as she found herself lulled to sleep by Draven stroking her hair and before long the grip she'd had on her blanket loosened and her breathing grew even. This was the most relaxed she'd been in weeks now, so this was nice.  

Lirilei
Crew

Breedables Degenerate

Lirilei
Crew

Breedables Degenerate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:12 pm
Hmm

"Ouch...my tail is stuck!

Briar's voice was sharp with pain, and she wriggled about as much as she could. Why was the hole she'd gone to sleep in so tight? It was hard to move around with ease and her tail felt like it was caught.

Finally she pulled herself out and fell out of the tree landing hard on the ground below.

"Owwww..."

A groan came from her as she pushed herself up and looked herself over blinking. She looked...not normal. She looked more like how Jacen and Molly and Colby had.

"Oh...oh wow...I look like a person?" she was stunned by this turn of events and before long found a small stream and looked at her wavering reflection curiously. "I...need clothes."

This was a decisive thought and she took off walking quickly, tail wrapped around herself as much as possible. This change was to her advantage..she wasn't so tiny! This, was a very good thing!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:17 pm
Traveling

How long had she been wandering on her own? Longer than she liked to think about. Molly and Colby were dead, Jacen and Draven were...who knew where. She didn't know, and she was so beyond lost it wasn't even funny.

At one point she stumbled upon an Ursa Ring that bellowed and growled at her and began to chase her threatening to eat her for disturbing him. It scared her senseless and sent her running at higher speed. This was not fun at ALL!

Finally she got away from the big angry bear thanks to being small enough to squeeze into tight spaces the bear couldn't. Still, the child was frightened beyond belief, and cried herself to sleep that night inside an old log.

Cold. Tired. Hungry. Lonely.

Briar wept herself to sleep so tired of her traveling.

She just wanted to find her way home.  

Lirilei
Crew

Breedables Degenerate

Lirilei
Crew

Breedables Degenerate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:23 pm
New home

It was Draven!

Oh she'd found him! Or rather he'd found her, like he always did! When she woke up from her needed nap, she found him asleep and curled up to her, and it brought a smile to her lips.

This was where she belonged, was with Draven. A sleepy yawn came from her as she snuggled up against him again.

Some time later she woke again, and found herself alone, and so got up to look around the place she was now to call home, and to learn more about the other two who lived here with her and Draven...

....and maybe eat. She was hungry!

Briar was more than a little glad to find out Colby and Molly were alive and hoped they were truly okay. With another yawn she brushed her hair from her face and peered out of her new room curiously.

Yup...this new home would take some getting used to.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:51 pm
You're so...small!
(Briar and Draven react to his changes!)

Briar:
Briar had left early, Draven had been sleeping soundly and she'd wanted to go down by the lake for a little bit and swim. So there she was, enjoying the late morning sun, bare toes dangled in the water as she sat on a rock for the moment, though she was thinking it was time to go back inside and warm up maybe.

Draven:
While Draven slept, the dragonite had undergone a transformation that had horrified his trainer. Said trainer was pacing around their small cabin, hands tanged in his black curls as if the grip on his hair was somehow calming him. "A kid? The hell?!" He muttered frantically. He had gone to fetch the dragonite for breakfast, and instead had found a young boy curled up in his place. Rhiyn had no question about it, the boy was certainly his dragonite--and very naked! "I don't know anything about kids!" He fretted, rushing to get an oversized t-shirt for the boy. "Hey! Draven! Wake up!"
Draven slowly rose, blinking at his trainer. Had something gone wrong? Rhiyn's freckles were orange against his pale skin. The dragonite boy was astonished when a t-shirt was thrust in his direction. "What--?" He began, eyes widening at the sound of his voice. "What's going on?" He managed. His trainer snorted. "You've changed. Like your friend. Oh, now you'll have to sleep separately!"

Briar:
Briar came in at the tail end of the whole thing, watching quietly from the doorway at Rhiyn's pacing. What was going on? "Is...everything okay Rhiyn?" Briar's voice was soft, she was still on the wary side, all things considered and it couldn't be helped, not that he deserved the wariness. He was a nice guy!

Draven:
Rhiyn turned to blink at Briar. He had almost forgotten he hadn't seen her in bed this morning. "Er. No thing's wrong," he hastened to reassure her. "Just different. See, Draven's changed. Like you!" He moved aside after helping the dragonite boy pull on the t-shirt. "See?" Draven waved awkwardly. He had noticed how Briar preferred to wear clothes after her change--and he had never truly minded being dressed up, but this felt different. "I must've slept through it," he muttered.

Briar:
Briar peered around Rhiyn curiously, her eyes wide. "Draven must've done that after I went outside. He was still like before, when I got up." she tilted her head at him curiously and gave a smile. "At least you were in a warm bed. I was wedged inside a hole in a tree." she laughed softly and shrugged. This was the better place to change. "Rhiyn...you don't really have the room for everyone here..." her words were soft...worried.

Draven:
"You never told me that,"Draven frowned slightly. That didn't sound at all comfortable! "Did you get hurt?" Rhiyn's expression was troubled, but he reached out a hand to ruffle Briar's hair. "Don't worry about that. Two bedrooms is plenty of room! I'm not planning on getting married or having any other surprises, but you two are always welcome here. My life is rather lonely without you."

Briar:
"A few scratches trying to get out. I'd climbed in there to go to sleep when I got really tired. It was a tight squeeze but I got out of there." She frowned some at Rhiyn again. "There's four of us and two rooms. I don't know how we'll all fit..."

Draven:
"A few scratches?" Draven seemed to think a few scratches was a pretty big deal. "And you didn't tell me?" He studied her carefully. "No more tight squeezes," he decided, stepping forward and wrapping her in a hug. "I'm smaller now," he noted, "but I'm just the right size to hug!" Rhiyn shook his head. "Two rooms, three people and a Pokemon. We can manage. We did when Draven was seven foot tall. We can now. If he promises no funny business, you can even share the bed in there."

Briar:
"Not the first scratches I got while out there." nor the last! She hugged Draven back tightly and smiled. "Still taller than me though." it was true! Briar blinked at Rhiyn a moment. "Funny business?" she was at a loss. What was that? "Okay we won't tell any jokes Rhiyn."

Draven:
"A little," Draven agreed. Well, at least he was taller than Briar! He too, looked at Rhiyn questioningly. The teenager smiled awkwardly. "That's right. No jokes in bed! Its for sleeping only!" Now if only he could keep them so innocent! Thank whatever gods were out there that they hadn't dropped on him in the middle of puberty. He shuddered at the very thought. "So! Who's hungry?"

Briar:
"Okay Rhiyn, no jokes in the bed, just sleeping." maybe quiet presleep whispers as they near drifted. The mention of food made her smile. "I'm a little hungry...bet Draven is too huh?" she wasn't any help in the kitchen however.

Draven:
"Starving!" Draven exclaimed, hurrying to the kitchen. "Hey Briar! Let's make pancakes!" He held up a box of pancake mix. He found that he couldn't read the instructions and frowned. "...what are these lines and wiggly things?" He demanded. Rhiyn grinned. He was so relieved, he didn't bother telling Briar that she could joke before falling to sleep. "Looks like it," he teased. "Come on, you can help mix it."

Briar:
Briar had no idea what the lines and stuff were either, so didn't answer. Merely followed behind them and nodded. "Pancakes sounds good. I'll get the juice from the fridge too." it was one thing she could do. Pour drinks, set the table. "That changing thing can sure make you hungry can't it?" she'd been starving as well after her own change. Then again being too sleepy to eat before she'd fallen asleep hadn't helped.

Draven:
Rhiyn went to study the box, and ruffled Draven's hair playfully. "These are words, silly. Not wiggly things. I'll teach you both to read. Should enroll you in school, too." He wasn't sure he was ready to home school children. He had only graduated that May. "Thanks, Briar," he smiled at her gratefully, "you're a big help." "Sure can!" Draven agreed. He couldn't remember ever feeling this hungry. "I feel I could eat a whole Snorlax!"

Briar:
"School?" Briar had vaguely remembered their very first trainers discussing that place but she didn't understand it then. "What's reading?" she got the juice poured and carefully set the table before she sat down at the table watching Draven and Rhiyn cooking the pancakes. "That's an awful big hunger Draven."

Draven:
"Yeah, school. Its where you learn." Rhiyn thought that was the best way to explain it, in a basic sense. "You make friends and play games. You get snacks and share things--" he paused. He glanced towards the bookshelf in the front room. He was sure he had some old children's books there from when he was little. "I'll show you. Here Draven. First plate is yours!" He cheerfully stacked three pancakes onto a plate and handed it to the boy. "Yeah," Draven agreed, smiling at Briar as he poured syrup onto his pancakes. "But maybe a small snorlax. I'm a lot smaller than I used to be!"

Briar:
Oh okay." Briar gave a nod of her head. She wasn't so sure she liked the sound of this, honestly. Her feet swung back and forth as she took a sip of her juice. "You are a lot smaller, and I'm a lot bigger. So it's all even!" or something.

Draven:
"How many do you want, Briar?" Rhiyn asked, stacking pancakes onto another plate. "Same as Draven?" He offered her the plate. He turned off the stove and grabbed himself an apple. He left the kitchen to study the bookshelf. He grinned, pulling out a book. "Here," he said. "I'll show you what reading is. I'll read you a story while you eat." Draven sat at the table, beaming at Briar. "You're much prettier, too!"

Briar:
"Sure I guess. I don't know if I'll be able to eat it all." she might who knew? She took her plate once it was ready and began to eat slowly, smiling at Draven though she looked slightly worried. "It wasn't mine. I needed clothes though..and found an empty house and took it...and..." she set her food down suddenly losing her appetite. She didn't like stealing!

Draven:
Draven took Briar's hand and gave it a squeeze. "Don't worry. We'll find that house again and apologize. I'm sure they'll understand. They weren't using it and you needed it," he comforted her. "And we can buy you new dresses. Lots of them!"

Briar:
She squeezed his hand with a smile, feeling a little better about things, and nodding, picking her pancake up again to eat it. "That sounds good. I hope they understand."

Draven:
Draven continued to eat, all but ignoring Rhiyn as the man read. His focus was on Briar. He felt it would always be that way. "They will," he promised. "Or I'll hyperbeam them."  

Lirilei
Crew

Breedables Degenerate

Lirilei
Crew

Breedables Degenerate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:59 pm
Fool For Love
(Briar & Emery meet)

Briar:
It was a chilly day today, as was the day before but Briar was out and about anyhow. She didn’t want to be inside on such a pretty day. Draven was helping Rhyin with something or other she’d had no interest in and had slipped out easily enough while they were occupied. She’d traversed around the lake a little, the particles of ice clinging to the stiller portions of water looking crystalline and beautiful. As she walked she spotted a bag at the side of the road and it interested her enough to investigate.

Poking it with a stick brought about an odd noise she couldn’t place but nothing moved inside so she bent down to open the bag and saw a bunch of…something inside…what were they? It took her a few moments of hard thinking. TM’s! That’s what they were! She’d seen them before as a pokemon yes, but it was a blurry memory. Her fingers curled around the bag and she hefted it, trying to lift it up and grunted in surprise. It was heavy! It was also throwing her off balance! She staggered backwards the weight of the bag dragging her not only down but backwards.

Still she didn’t just drop the bag, she didn’t want to break the TM’s inside of it, not when there could possibly be something useful in there! Maybe she could learn a worthwhile move! The idea was a thrilling one. Instead she was careening towards a muddy portion of the trail she was on, unable to stop a surprised yelp coming from her as she finally began losing to gravity entirely.

Emery:
With his temperament thrown off-kilter by... certain recent mishaps, Emmerich made preparations to move up his expected time of departure from the town by a few days. That is to say, the boy hastened his own retreat to take place in a matter of hours from the time he had regained temporary ownership of Pyry's missing bell. Sleep was going to have to take place outside the range of social interaction, for at present, he was unsure just how much control he still had over his own actions. These types of manic bouts were especially dangerous, and he didn't want to endanger anyone else if he could avoid it, simply because he wanted to rest somewhere more comfortable -- Lorne was enough of a sacrifice toward that cause, even if he was trying to steal something that wasn't rightfully his. Who was to say, the next victim may have ended up being that much more innocent.

He managed to collect some rations before leaving, but it was almost certain he hadn't gained as much as he could have if he had been more thorough, or more contextually aware. Maybe in the next town, if he made it that far... he just had to move out of contact with others. The fresh air sometimes did the magnemite some good, as long as he was able to keep from thinking too hard on any subject. Maybe this was going to be harder than he thought...

It hadn't been more than an hour or two since Emery started on the trail outside of town, aiming for the vague notion that Pyry lived somewhere on that... rather massive mountain in the distance; he'd have to be thorough if he was going to locate that weird kid. Distractions were much too few and far between to be helpful for Emery's state-of-mind, but the journey had only just been restarted, so who knew? Maybe--

It had only been out of the corner of his eye that he spotted Briar pick up the bag from the side of the road, but once she began swaying backward. He hesitated a moment, but it was quickly apparent that she was not going to be able to stay upright in her insistence to keep a firm grasp on that grungy-looking bag. "W-Watch it!" he called over to her, dashing over to her without a second thought. He reached to latch onto the pachirisu-girl's arms, already working -- and failing -- to stabilize the flimsy container before he could get a hold on the bag himself. Keeping one hand around her wrist, he made sure she wasn't in danger of teetering over any further before letting go. "Are you okay?" he asked, frowning; he attributed the slight static sound he was hearing to the adrenaline kick.

Briar:
There was mud, trees, a few rocks…the normal things found along a trail winding near a lake which still lay some distance from the large mountain still much further off. Briar, had been certain she was going to not only land in the mud but with her more oft than not rotten luck land on a rock, or against a tree and be hurt and dirty.

So it was with complete and total surprise she felt a hand on her wrist and her eyes snapped open expecting to see Draven even if the voice hadn’t sounded familiar to her. So she was very surprised to realize it wasn’t the Dragonite boy she’d known for as long as she could remember, but some other boy…who had kept her from falling.

This fact alone made her eyes open fully and a sudden bright smile crossing her lips as she peered upwards at him. He wasn’t much bigger than her height wise, but enough so that tilting her head back a little had been necessary. She had a feeling she’d always be on the small side but that was another thing for another day. She gave a nod of her head, hair bobbing as she did so, voice coming out rather chipper.

Which was normal enough for her these days. “I am thanks to you!” there was another bright smile, a friendly look on her face. “I’m glad you came by when you did, thank you so much!” she glanced to the bag again and frowned. “I didn’t realize how heavy it was when I tried to lift it.”

Emery:
His expression lessened in intensity of concern once the pachirisu spoke up. She sounded so unfazed, not a hesitation in her words, that any worry that she might have twisted an ankle or similar evaporated. It didn't help that she appeared so petite, it looked like a stumble could easily injure her! Nodding in return, Emery offered a bit of a smile as well, "Good, I'm glad!" He was fairly certain anyone would have helped her out if they were traveling along this trail as well, but, well... he was the only one here. "Are you traveling by yourself?" the question came suddenly, without proper attention given to where it needed to first. Recognizing this, he shook his head and turned attention back to the bag in hand, "How'd you carry this so far out here?" It hadn't occurred to him that it wasn't something she already had in her possession -- it seemed too packed a bag for someone to just toss away!

She seemed like a really friendly individual, and because of that... Emery was half expecting her to turn out just like Lorne had. It was a brief spark of an idea, quickly snuffed out when he turned back to her and saw her bright, sincere expression. He flinched as he saw it, feeling as though a low electrical current surged through his body. The static he had heard wasn't from the adrenaline, was it..? Realizing his hand was still about her wrist despite her feet firmly on solid ground, he fumbled with his grip and clumsily transferred it to the bag with the other hand, his face quickly tinting pink. She's an electric-type! Despite his knowledge on the affliction, a crush was still a crush, no matter in what manner it was created.

"H-Here, let's, um... let's just maybe set it down," he tried directing, but his tone had grown more uneasy with the recognition of his condition. Taking a few silent breaths, he wrested some of his composure back in his control. The pause was still evident, but the receding panic was less so, "Where are you taking it? Maybe I can help carry it. I don't think you can really do it on your own." Emery flashed a sheepish smile, attempting to overcome uneasiness by acting like he would have otherwise. His mind was pretty good at tricking itself, so it had a good shot of working.

Briar:
“Today I am yes.” She smiled at him still as she spoke. She was a lot happier now since this change than she’d ever been as a pokemon. She was also a lot happier since finding Draven again. Though she blinked at the question and shook her head. “I didn’t carry it here. I found it while I was walking and after poking it to make sure it was safe looked inside and decided it might be worth looking through. It’s full of TM’s!” there was an excited glint in her eyes as she spoke of them.

“Well I live off that direction…” she pointed with a finger at a dense copse of tree’s. She’d been wandering for awhile. “At the moment I was just going to move off the path and find somewhere to sit and go through them and see if anything was useful or not.” And how she hoped something would be! She blushed a little at his words a sheepish smile given. “You’re right I probably can’t….I’m not very strong even since the change and all.” Which was too bad, but she’d take what she was given. “Are you sure you don’t mind helping me?” her eyes lit up at his offer and the smile came back as she clapped her hands together a moment in glee, a sudden sparking coming from her cheeks which made her blush some. That was new!

Walking a few paces away she looked around a moment for a good, and slightly out of sight spot they could move the bag. “Maybe down here? It’s kind of close to the water I know, but the ground is flat, and there’s plenty of cover from prying eyes.” From any direction!

Emery:
If Briar hadn't been being so friendly and cheerful, it might have been easier for Emmerich to concentrate on her words more. Didn't she realize how distracting it was when she acted so adorable!? To refocus, he aligned tuning with her words as a task set upon himself, and the redirection helped, just so long as conversation continued.

Glancing back down at the bag in-hand, he wondered if someone had left it by the side of the road in the hopes to pick it up again later. If that was the case, then why had they left it in the open like that? The outside of it was pretty dirty, too, so it had likely been here for at least a few days. However, the contents really threw him off, "Wait, TMs? Why would someone just throw something like that away?" He almost opened it to get a look for himself, but thought better of delving into someone else's things -- especially since they now, in a way, belonged to the sweetheart of a pachirisu. "Do TMs disappear after they've been used?" he asked; it would suck if they were all blank... but he wasn't entirely sure how a TM worked.

Following where the girl's outstretched hand indicated, Emery made note of the general direction. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to know where she lived... but the opportunity presented itself before he thought better of it. Seeing her blush only caused Emery to fluster all the more, but he attempted to detract attention from either side of the reaction, "N-No, it's okay, I'll help! It's no problem! It's a pretty heavy bag, so it's good to have the help!" Focus! he scolded himself, readjusting his hold on the bag. As dangerous as it seemed to be to stick around, he wasn't about to leave her here, by herself with such a weighty load.

Her excitement at the confirmed aid knocked a smile from the magnemite, especially considering it seemed over-the-top to him... which only reaffirmed the fact that she was extremely cute. This refocusing thing wasn't working as well as Emery would have liked! Turning attention to where Briar picked out an out-of-the-way spot to sift through the TMs presented another idea to the magnemite -- maybe if he just... tried looking at her less, maybe that would help? Before even responding, Emery attempted to start heading to the pointed out spot, until he realized he forgot to answer, "Sure, that works. I can help with that, too, if you'd like! Though I'm not sure how much I can, to be honest..." Maybe he was just prolonging his misery, but at least it was for a good cause. Hopefully.

Briar:
He is so nice! That was the thought going through her head at the boy who was helping her. He was nothing like Draven, or even Jacen. It was interesting meeting another like them that had changed. She was also utterly oblivious to the conflicts she was causing within the magnemite boy.

“I don’t know. I was wondering the same thing, but it looks like it’s been there awhile. I wonder if someone traveling lost it and didn’t realize it.” She reached up and tucked some hair back off her face then since it was bothering her at the moment. “I’m not sure if they do but you’re welcome to look through them with me to see if there’s something you might find useful. Especially since you’re being so nice and helping me out.”

As he took off walking without a word she couldn’t help a soft giggle. He was so different from the boys she was used to, it was funny. She found him odd, but in a good way and she tagged along behind him as he began to speak, and it wasn’t until they were at the spot she thought would be good that she skipped around in front of him again a hand coming to rest on his lightly to get his attention. “I’m Briar, what’s your name?” and there she was…invading personal space again in her own sweet, oblivious little way peering up at him again with those wide eyes as her tail shifted and partially wrapped around her. “It might be a little cold this close to the water…so we might not want to take long looking through the bag. I’d hate for you to get sick because you helped me.” The idea wiped the smile off her face, replacing it with a frown, fingers knotting together a moment in consternation. “I hope there’s something useful in there… be nice to know more than useless moves…” her words were softly uttered as she waited for the bag to be sat down.

Emery:
Paying clear attention to the words that were spoken, Emery logged the two tasks in his current, mental itinerary, pushing other distractions aside as he carried the hefty bag over to the spot by the lake. Between strides, it was simplistic enough to formulate a return response, "That's what I was thinking, too. I don't know much about TMs, but it couldn't hurt to look through them anyway. Do you know what types you can learn?" Come to think of it, did any pokémon really know what they could learn from a technical machine? He shook his head lightly to add to the response, but it was a very minor movement, "I don't have to take any of them, I'm just happy to help out." The reply came less from altruism and more from the fact that receiving a TM would give more of an attachment to the pachirisu, more selfish than selfless.

While he wasn't struggling with the bag nearly as much as the girl had been, he could easily see how it had been giving her so much trouble. A few times, he nearly stumbled and slid down the slightly-tilted embankment, weighted down with the bulk of the bag he was carrying. Emery made sure he had both feet flat on the grass once he reached the indicated spot before considering placing the load down onto the grass, unsure how delicate the technology really was or even if it would still work anymore regardless of how it was handled. Before he could lower it, though, he felt a touch on his hand and immediately froze in place. H-How was he supposed to ignore her when she insisted on staying in his line of sight like that!? Never mind that she was not privy to the decisions he made for himself in such regard; while his expression didn't give any of that mental turmoil away, the lightly flushed cheeks may have, "It's Emery. Well... Emmerich, but most people at the factory tended to call me Emery." Yeah, he hadn't been fully conscious of how much information he'd given, just that when either of them were speaking, it became easier to ignore the sudden rise in his own temperature.

He broke away from her grip then, moving to quickly set the bag on the ground; at least he had the excuse, for otherwise he wasn't sure he'd have been able to move. Opening the top and sitting to the side of it, across from Briar, he forcibly changed the subject, "You're right, this is a pretty good spot. People wouldn't bug us here unless they knew we were down here in the first place. Come on, have a seat." Again, he was trying not to look at her, distracting himself by fidgeting with the top of the bag so that it could be left alone and not collapse in on itself once his hands were removed. There was something she said, though, that caught his attention; an unfamiliar word, "...Sick?" Magnemites didn't get sick, so experience was null to that extent... but a magnemite-human, that most certainly a different story. Why would being cold harm him? He didn't understand it.

Briar:
“I remember my old trainer saying something about electric moves since I’m an electric pokemon. Or well was before that change. I guess I’m still a pokemon though huh?” she gave a little laugh as she said that. It wasn’t something she’d thought on before actually. “I’m not sure if there’s anything else I can learn. I remember Ami had another pokemon and he learned a lot of moves that weren’t just limited to his type. So I guess there might be others I can learn. What about you?”

Her eyes lit up at his name and she beamed at him again. “Emery it is then!” her voice was a bright little chirrup as she spoke. Her change had wrought a huge change in her personality, and it helped she didn’t feel quite so frightened anymore. Hard to when you had a Dragonite as a paramour! “Factory? What’s one of those? What were you doing there?” she looked incredibly interested as she rocked back and forth just slightly on her feet as she waited for an answer before suddenly plopping down in the grass, thankful for the relative dryness of the ground!

“You know, a cold or something from being down here by the water. I’m really lucky I didn’t get sick the first time I found the lake. It was really cold, and I fell in the lake. That wasn’t any fun at all. But I got dried up and changed my clothes pretty quickly so it helped.” She peeked into the bag then and began to pull some out. “Oh! Look Emery!” she reached out to him again and suddenly was sitting shoulder to shoulder with him. “On the top here it gives each number, the name, and a slight description! This one is TM #45…Attract. Oh I already know that one…” and she didn’t sound happy about that as she set it aside. “TM #74…. Gyroball…The user tackles the target with a high-speed spin. The slower the user compared to the target, the greater the move’s power.” she had the TM close to her face to read the print was so tiny! “Let’s see what else is in here. I can’t tell if they work or not though hmmm…”

Emery:
"Why wouldn't you still be a pokémon?" the magnemite-boy asked, "Just because you look a little different than before doesn't mean you're not a pokémon. Maybe it's just a new type of evolution or something... but it's not much different than that, at least the way I see it." Pyry had said it was because of the star that was found, so Emery was quick to associate it once more, "You found a star, didn't you? Maybe it's like one of those evolution stones or something!" He was peering around inside the bag as he rambled, seeming interested on the functional status of the contents when all he was trying to do was distract himself and save him the trouble of eye contact. He thought about what types he had ever heard of others learning from TMs but, although he knew what they did, he couldn't come up with a single instance, "Was Ami your trainer? Hmm, well, I'm electric and steel, so... any of those, probably? Maybe normal-types? I'm really not sure, to be honest. Maybe we could try a few and just see if they stick." He didn't suppose it said what pokémon it worked on, in the fine print...

Briar's sunny disposition came as a double-edged knife -- while it was a relief that Emery's own nonverbal communication tactics weren't pressing on her own positivity, it was also entirely charming. He almost wished that she would have called him by his full first name, just to offer the distance, but hearing her say it... any form of his given name would have likely elicited the same feeling. It was almost as though he believed that he had to keep talking in order to not freeze up in the midst of interaction, "Yeah, a factory, it's where I used to live, and work. I think there are different types of factories, but they called me a generator." Holding his fingers near one another, Emery caused electricity to arc between his hands in demonstration, "I could power things for them using magnetic energy and electricity. I think they said it saved them money or something..." And then they had kicked him out, because they hadn't thought he was a pokémon any longer... and probably not as much use to them.

At the pachirisu-girl's explanation, Emery shook his head, never hearing about getting sick from getting cold or wet before. That was common to have occur? He seemed a bit more frazzled than before; was he going to have to be more careful? "Have you ever been sick, then?" he asked, wondering what he was going to have to look out for. In his worried haste, he momentarily forgot that he was trying to avoid eye contact, especially when she exclaimed his name in excitement over a discovery. He leaned over slightly to peek into the bag as well, particularly because he hadn't actually read anything when his eyes had grazed over the contents before, only to freeze once more at the contact. Rocking back to his former position, his eyes were trained to where she was pointing, at the words scrawled on the TM in her hand. He was having a difficult time keeping full attention on her words, however, in his attempt to see if he couldn't just will his heart to stop beating so forcefully. "You know it already?" he asked, unsure as to what Attract even did as a move. Emery leaned against her a bit more, as though he were attempting to see the small print the girl was trying to read. Having the contact was nice enough, and he supposed it would be okay if he kept it to this only... the problem was in wanting to move after he confirmed that much. "Think you can use Gyroball? Maybe we can pick one we know we wouldn't be able to use and see what happens when we try to learn it anyway," he suggested, "It would be funny if we could use something like... like a ground-type move." Using something that the user was weak to seemed absurd, despite being a fact that Emery wasn't quite fully aware of.

Briar:
"Well we don't really look completely like one. Some do more than others I think though. Someone I knew...he was a Vanilite before changing and he looked more like a pale little boy than a pokemon." she sounded thoughtful as she spoke to Emery. There was a surprise at the mention of the star and she gave a quick nod of her head. "I did! I was on my own, and it was kind of scary out there. I was teeny. It was a little better once I changed though." not quite as skittish at least.

She let him search through the bag because she knew it was an exciting find! "She was but I ran away with a friends help. She wasn't very nice her and her friend. Always making Butch attack me and hurt me and I had no real way to protect myself. That's why finding this bag of TM's is so exciting!" at least it was a good reason for her excitement!

"Oh!" her eyes widened with delight as she watched the electricity arcing between his hands, an amazed look on her face. "Wow thats so neat!"

"I almost got sick after falling in the lake, but I was lucky that it wasn't worse than sniffles or anything. The Vanilite I talked about earlier he got really sick and had a fever and it was scary." very, very scary.

"I do...it's one of the ones Ami said was best for me to use...I think the way she said it was I wasn't allowed to learn moves that would hurt me, or weren't cute she only wanted me to be cute..." she shook her head a moment. "I'd show you, but it's not a very nice move in my opinion. If it works, it makes it so you like me for a little bit, and I don't think it's fair to make people feel things they wouldn't feel on their own you know?"

There was a thoughtful look and she shook her head. "I don't think so. Doesn't sound like one I remember Ami talking about." she reached out for it, her fingers brushing along his hand by accident and she opened the TM case up...and nothing. "There should be a light...or something...so I guess we know this one doesn't work. For me anyhow." she rummaged some more. "Oh...whats this... ex....exper.....mental...?" she stumbled over the word experimental a moment then moved on. "Karma Bond....never heard of it." she shrugged and set it aside then. "Do you see any you want?"

Emery:
"I suppose it was kind of a big change from before..." Emery considered with a murmur. He hadn't been witness to another pokémon's change from one stage to the next, but he really did prefer to think of it as something more naturally-occurring than it probably was. It left less to be worried about in this crazy, alien world outside the factory. "You were scared because you were small, then?" the boy asked, perplexed. She didn't seem like the type to fear so easily, with such a friendly nature at her disposal!

He realized that it may have appeared obvious that he was avoiding eye contact at this point, by rummaging through the bad and... not much else. Pulling a few TMs out without stopping to look them over more carefully, Emery opted to try handing them off to Briar and see about going back through the bag for more. "So... your trainer liked to battle?" he offered, missing the main problem of the situation Briar had once been a part of. He glossed over one of the TMs, holding it up before reading it aloud. "Taunt. That sounds..." the boy began, finishing his sentence by making a face at the contraption.

Pulling his hands back from his electrical display, Emery gave a soft smirk once Briar reacted to it. It was a bit of a relief that she was focusing on that part of the explanation that the words that he spoke. After all, he was fairly certain most others couldn't relate to his history, and he wasn't entirely sure how to explain it any further. The thought of being abandoned was also gladly pushed from his mind, the pachirisu's excitement allowing for a more positive frame of mind.
The magnemite pondered what it would be like to fall into a body of water and get sick from it, but he was still unsure how that was supposed to work. "What's it like, getting sick? Does the lake have... germs or something?" the child asked, confused. Was he putting her out, trying to explain 'illness' to a kid that had never experienced anything of the sort before? He didn't know what made it so scary. What was a fever?

Emery snorted at Briar's explanation of how her moves had been chosen by her previous trainer, "Cute? Since when was fighting 'cute'?" He flinched as the girl described her Attract move, dropping the TM he currently had in hand onto the grass in front of him. What, so he would be feeling this way regardless!? "I... W-wh..." he attempted, blinking before picking up the disk that vacated his grip and trying again, "That's something she considered cute?" After releasing some of that pent up irritation on the matter, he couldn't help but feel sorry for the pachirisu. While his own feelings might have been a lie currently, Briar was still really kind and attractive on her own, regardless of this technological spell. Talk about issues with self-confidence down the road, yeesh...

Poking a bit at the Gyroball TM, looking to see if it listed who all could use it somewhere, he hadn't been aware of Briar's hand nearing until she had tried to take it to experiment with. He bit his tongue at her touch, a split-second action undertaken to prevent himself from zapping her out of surprise, made easier by the skipped heartbeat. He gave little indication outside of probably leaning a little too far into her than was normally comfortable, the redirected attention breaking him from realizing it. Nope, that most certainly hurt... "Well, it's... it's good we can test them like that," he stuttered after a moment. This was getting ridiculous, he really should be leaving as soon as he was capable of... without cutting things too noticeably short. He didn't want to do anything he'd regret later! Only paying half-attention to what she read off, he picked the Karma Bond TM up and indicated it with a quick tilt, "I can test it out. If it works, I could just take this one?" Never mind that he really didn't want to keep any, but she kept insisting, and he didn't want to be a disappointment... "You should keep any of the others. Maybe you could sell the ones that don't work? Or maybe one of your friends could use them?" he insisted, scooting back and sitting up straighter once he realized how close he had gotten to the girl. He needed to leave... he was too close!

Briar:
"Yeah...because I was small and couldn't take care of myself. It's scary when you don't have any moves that will actually save yourself. Doesn't help the girl my friend Draven and I found when we were pokemon, was in a car accident with her dad and I in the car...I thought they had died. It looked like it anyhow. So I was all alone, and scared and hurt...even after I was taken to a pokemon center and healed I was scared and I ran away." which had been a bad idea of course.

Briar fortunately was oblivious to the lack of eye contact as she was looking at the TM's as they came out, an exclamation of surprise as she saw one or two marked as HM's. "She and her friend were...strange. They would make Butch and me battle...and I'd always end up hurt because of him, and Draven was always sent in to save me. I don't know why they did it." it had been weird.

"It might have germs...but I guess humans get sick easier than pokemon do. Well when Jacen got sick he was coughing a lot, and got really really hot from the fever and slept a lot and was too weak to do much of anything. It was scary."

"No idea, but thats what Ami wanted. So I learned Attract and Captivate which is similar and just...stupid and useless. I hate using them and haven't since I ran away." she muttered and crossed her arms over her chest lightly. No, she wasn't thrilled about her past and being used as she had.

Briar noticed he leaned in closer, but figured it was to see her test the TM and totally didn't mind it, flashing him another one of her bright smiles. "Sure if you want! There's a lot here you taking a few won't be bad, and you helped me carry that heavy bag so it's the least I can do as a thank you Emery!" She looked interested at the idea of selling the extras and beamed. "Not a bad idea! Draven and Claret can look through them and then the rest we can sell. I bet Rhiyn would do that."

Emery:
Emery thought on Briar's explanation as to why she had been so scared before her transformation. The lack of complete understanding stemmed from his ignorance of being both a wild pokémon as well as a pokémon with a trainer, so what knowledge he had of either one was limited to hearsay. Wasn't what her trainer doing a form of torture, if they forbid the pachirisu to actually defend herself? "Why isn't that illegal?" he asked, more to himself than anything, his face immediately contorting into a scowl, "Never mind... I already know why." Sighing, he rocked back so that he was propping himself up by leaning on the palms of his hands behind himself, slouching. "Sounds like you really had a tough time. Was it really dangerous when you had gone off on your own, then?" he asked carefully. She seemed so worried, he had to consciously tell himself not to comfort the girl with a hug, or anything else that required the closing of proximity. No, he had to distance himself, both physically and mentally. He didn't want to know so much about her! He had to convince himself of that, at least.

The sudden sound that came from Briar's mouth caught Emery unaware, and he found himself looking to her, curious. It seemed she had found something within the bag that pleased her... well good, then this whole thing wasn't a waste of time after all! He had been beginning to thing that there wasn't much that she could really use! However, what smile he had gotten out of it was quickly replaced by a baffled frown at her recollection of her previous trainer's habits, "That sounds... really weird. Then again, I never understood why humans had us pokémon battle each other at all, so..."

As a nearly-inorganic pokémon, Emery had never been subjected to the weaknesses that those with more fleshy bodies had. He worked with similar for years, until he had been tossed out on his own, so first-hand knowledge of what 'illness' was was mostly beyond his comprehension. Despite being the one to bring up the suggestion, he didn't even really understand what 'germs' were, either, other than many things seemed to have them and had to be sanitized to get rid of them. It seemed awkward to ask anything further of the pachirisu, though, especially considering the subject matter... so he merely nodded his head as he listened to the girl recount whoever Jacen was and his battle with sickness. At least he could take down some mental notes this way.
It was a little nerve-wracking to know that Briar had moves that could make the magnemite's situation all the worse, but in knowing that the girl more or less refused to use them, it became easier to push such panic aside. "Well now, at least, you'll be able to learn something more useful to you," he parried, "There are a lot of TMs here. Maybe you can replace your whole moveset!" Emery had to snicker at her visible disapproval of the moves she had been forced to learn; it just seemed so comical to see her upset over something that was easily remedied now that she was separated from Ami.

Every time Briar placed that cheerful grin on her face, Emery could have sworn his heart beat a little faster, his face tipping more toward the warmer hues. "Th-Thanks, but it was really no problem!" he attempted to insist, fumbling for the TM to detract from his expression. Mimicking what Briar had done moments prior to show how one was supposed to be able to intake the information, opening the case with fidgety hands. "If nobody can or wants to use what's left, it doesn't hurt to make a bit of profit off of it. It doesn't look like the original owner of the bag was planning on coming back for it, so finders k--" he distractedly started rambling before he cut himself short, pulling his hand abruptly away from the TM in his hand with a quietly hissed yelp. Well, there was definitely a light... but he wasn't entirely sure that's what Briar had meant. He was able to decipher some information from the machine, but it was broken. It felt almost as though someone had gathered all the data for it after it shattered and haphazardly glued it back together again without bothering to make sure if the pieces fit. "It... that was weird," he stated after a moment. An understatement, of course; it definitely rattled the boy.

Briar:
The question about what had been done not being illegal was met with a shrug. "Probably because they were just teenagers, and at the time I was nothing but a "dumb pokemon" to them. People seem surprised to realize we have thoughts and feelings. I wonder sometimes how she'd have handled things after I started to look like this." probably not very well.

She gave a wry smile at the next question. "I got chased by an Ursaring and it scratched me a little but it healed up pretty well before I changed. It was just scary because I knew I couldn't protect myself if I had to. I probably could have bitten or scratched someone, natural instinct and all...but past that?" she shuddered a little. "It was worse the times it was pitch black and there wasn't even the moon or stars out to see by. I hated that the most."

"To make us stronger, to win battles...Ami's friend used to talk about the Elite Four, and how if a trainer and their pokemon were good enough they'd get fame and stuff. It sounded stupid to me too." a shrug given. It was fortunately in the past and her trainer too anime obsessed to properly train anyone or anything. It was probably best, she'd have never made the cut for an elite team.

"Would be nice...would have done me a lot more good when I was off running around on my own thinking I was all alone in the world still." there was the slightest of mutters from her. It was a sore spot, knowing she was so weak really. "You know replacing my whole moveset with decent things is a wonderful idea." she beamed at him then, her annoyance fading.

Briar leaned in close at Emery's confused exclamation wondering what had happened. "Are you okay Emery?" she frowned some looking at him with concern in her eyes. Though she nodded her head again. "It looks like it was dropped or thrown so you're probably right about no one coming back for it." it wasn't a bad thing she didn't think, and some money to help out Rhyin take care of them all wasn't a bad idea either!

Emery:

Emmerich closed his eyes as Briar relayed what she thought was the reasoning behind her previous trainer's and her friend's actions, of forcing combat on living creatures deemed as toys, flinching very slightly at it. They were on the same wavelength as far as it went, but recalling those thoughts were painful. "We're the lesser beings to the humans. Always have been, and these changes many of us have been experiencing still might not change their minds about it. I'd hope that seeing it first-hand would enlighten them a little, but..." ...but he had very little faith in humanity.

Frowning, he imagined what it would have been like if the petite girl went up against a monstrosity of an ursaring. No, she was still a pokemon, there would have been considerably more of a size difference, likely compounded onto a skill difference. Briar was lucky to have survived that in one piece! Not that he was going to say that... there was no need to frighten her any further than she had been! "W-Was there any reason it attacked you in the first place..?" he asked, realizing partway through the question that he was getting too wrapped up in the situation again. Curse it! But really... it would help him, in his own travels, wouldn't it? Any excuse to stay, it seemed, was worth exploring, even if he was kicking himself more and more for extending the misery.

"It sounds like you got out of there before things got really bad for you, if they were going to try aiming higher in their competitions," Emery stated, rocking back slightly as he explored the idea. The whole thing really just sickened him, more so now that he had the breathing space to properly think about it, out in the world. He really didn't like this feeling, this hatred and prejudice... especially since he was now feeling much of what he despised about the humans. They were alike, in some ways, but he didn't honestly want that to be the case. To shake it off, he tried to alter the flow of the conversation, "I don't suppose they could be taken to court now that some people consider us humans, too..." Maybe if the judge saw them more as mere animals, it could work.

"You're never alone out there, I'm sure plenty of people would be willing to help!" the boy spouted off before he had the chance to restrain the urge. Who wouldn't want to help her? He found it nigh impossible a notion, as much as logic attempted to nudge itself further into that faulty thought process. He knew well enough that most people wouldn't, but his mind was also clouded, and he was distracted enough just trying not to reach out and grab her hand to emphasize his point. Hesitating with the blush that appeared once Briar expressed her feelings on the idea of replacing her moveset helped to keep his hands to himself well enough with the jolt. She looked so pretty when she was happy, and being able to coax that smile back out again...

He nearly yelped once more when his train of thought was detracted with the girl's sudden nearness. No no, he couldn't stay any longer! He reached the extent of his willpower, and he had to get out of the place before it was entirely drained. The boy floundered a bit with the experimental TM case, grasping for a shaky laugh, "I'm fine, I just... I just haven't done that before, that must have been the problem." He jumped to his feet and took a few steps back toward the pathway, up the grassy incline toward where they found the bag by the side before pausing. This should be a good distance to say farewells... Turning back, he had a more convincing smile on his face, "Yeah, I think that is grounds for keeping it. Besides, if the weather changes it might ruin them anyway. Speaking of which, I should get going before the weather decides to turn at all. Can't be too careful." Not that there was more than a sparse scattering of precipitation-free cloud coverage in the sky... but he was still unfamiliar with weather changes. After taking a few more steps, he hesitated and indicated the bag, "Oh! I'm sorry, I almost forgot... did you need help bringing that bag back to your place or anything..?" As eager as he was to get out of there, he couldn't just leave her stranded with something she could hardly carry... but at least now there was some physical distance between them.

Briar:
"I don't know, maybe if I'd been there when I changed things would have been different but I'm glad I wasn't when it happened. Who knows what they would have done, probably tried to dress me up in stupid clothes on top of it all too." Briar grumbled just slightly. She didn't mind clothes, and sometimes those girls had very cute things, but not always. She just didn't like tween/teen girls it would seem.

"I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. It was trying to catch something and I startled it, and its prey got away. I was almost it's replacement meal." she didn't suppress a shudder at the thought. It was more than a little scary that idea! "But I was able to get through smaller areas easier and got away pretty quickly thankfully."

Briar gave a slight shrug at the question as she had no real idea. "Honestly, I don't want to see either of them ever again. So I suppose that means they can get away with what they were doing...and I don't think they meant harm really...they had only had pokemon a few years at most so they probably were just being...well kids." it was the best explanation she had for their behavior, really.

There was a pleased smile on her face at his words, eyes almost sparkling. "I hope you're right. Probably if I hadn't been in the woods I would have found help." and her running from the pokemon center in fright wouldn't have helped matters of course.

"Oh okay, well if you're sure you're okay there Emery." she was giving him a concerned look, but it was fading at his assurances he was fine. That was the important part!

Looking to the bag she shook her head and smiled. "No it's okay, it can stay there. It's off the road and out of the way, so I can get one of my friends to help me with it later." she stood, hands brushing over her dress and gave him another bright smile as she moved towards him to say a proper goodbye...and by proper, she intended to hug him. "It was really nice meeting you Emery, thank you so much for the help with the bag!" she was beaming at him, all wide happy eyes and bright smiles as she looked at him quite unaware of her effect on him.

Emery:
Emmerich blinked at the thought, tilting his head a little at the thought. Oh that's right, those girls wouldn't have even known the pachirisu had grown at all if she had refused to go back! This strange evolution pattern the pokémon such as themselves were experiencing lately, it was still a pretty new thing, wasn't it? "Hnn, then maybe it was for the best that it turned out that way, even if it seems like an injustice..." the boy considered, conceding.

Well, Briar's plight with the ursaring definitely did not bode very well for Emery's own future expeditions into the wild. How many... how many pokémon were predatory? How many ate other living creatures as food? He recalled that Pyry had mentioned similar and, although it hadn't worried Emery then, it was more disturbing to think of a massive predator looking at him in the way he had previously joked about. His attention caught hold of the girl as she shuddered, causing the magnemite to flinch. Before he was able to restrain himself completely, he had already raised his hands slightly in an effort to reach over and comfort Briar. Quickly, he grabbed at his hands and pulled them to the ground, leaning on them a bit in an attempt to restrict movement further, despite the need having dissipated. "W-Well... now you don't have to worry about that happening again, right?" he countered. Right! She seemed happier, as though safe now, and she had a few TMs she could use sitting right there! Apparently a few friends to help her out as well... which was mildly distressing when he realized he couldn't be included amongst that number.

"Do... kids really act like that normally?" Emery asked, baffled. All kids learned those habits so early on? It seemed like society was self-defeating, and prone to recycling the same loops that crippled the populace as a whole. At this point, it seemed impossible for Emery to see the human race under anything but a negative light, having traversed too far down the train of thought. He gave an audible sigh, shaking his head, but said nothing more on the matter.

The tinge of red across his features didn't lessen when Briar reacted so ecstatically to the boy's assured statement. It became more difficult to speak through the tenseness, through the bubbling heat, but focus kept the obvious effects to a minimum outside what was notably visible. "Well, just... make sure you try not to travel that far into the forest by yourself anymore," he advised, "A lot of pokémon live there!" A lot of dangerous ones at that!

Once at a comfortable distance, Emmerich dismissed Briar's concern with a smile, as if to say, "See? I'm perfectly fine!" He didn't want to see her look at him like that, she looked so much better when she was wearing a smile! Nodding at her assertion that she would be fine with the bag, Emery took one last glance at it to be positive it was out of sight and immediate danger. Water could still harm the components, so close to the pond, but it didn't sound as though she planned to leave the bag here for very long. Well... good. He didn't have to linger here more than was necessary, in that case. With a start, he realized she had moved closer again while his attention was diverted, and that surprise rooted his footing. At least it didn't lock too much else in place, and he used the limited mobility to wave her off, "Good! Well, it was nice meeting you, too, Briar! The bag... it was no problem. I just.... yeah, wanted to help..." Go away, go away..! Why was she bridging the gap he just made?

Briar:
"Hopefully they grow out of it soon before they inflict that kind of torture on any other pokemon." and as far as Briar was concerned it had been very torturous. She'd been beaten up constantly, and injured and in tons of pain...all for their amusement. It made her sick to her stomach!

Briar didn't find anything off about Emery's behavior, the sudden raising of his hands or him pulling them back down. She wasn't the type to judge another based on that sort of thing. She couldn't help but give a low laugh. "Well I don't know...I mean it's still a big bear...and bears can maul humans...so I don't know if I'm better off, or not now." maybe she was doubly likely to find herself at the mercy of a large, grumpy bear...be it pokemon or not!

"I don't think they do normally...but they did. I think it was all those weird cartoons they watched." she didn't understand anime then, or even now. So she didn't know what was so enertaining about it, or why it made them behave as they had....but they had was the b ottom line.

"You're right they do, and now I can't really fit into the cracks and crevices to hide like before. So definitely safer to be with someone than on my own if I venture in too deeply." much, much safer.

Briar was oblivious to the fact he was trying to put space between them. Instead she was more interested in giving a proper sort of goodbye to her new friend, and she reached out and gave him a friendly hug. "Thank you again for the help and it was nice meeting you! If you ever come this way again, there's a cabin just that way, you can come say hi and meet my other friends okay?" Other, as in she was calling him friend too. She beamed at him as she spoke, eyes lit up. "Safe travels Emery!"

Emery:
While entirely in agreement with Briar's hopefulness on her previous trainers' actions toward pokémon-kind, Emery's snort and shake of the head displayed his doubtfulness to that extent. As long as it became habit to torture those smaller than them, he supposed, but he really lacked the faith. Briar was lucky she got out while she still could! Who knows how that treatment might have progressed! Especially with these... 'cartoons' they seemed to watch. Whatever those were, they seemed to only feed their addictions.

The boy's hands were still pressed into the grass, but he was lessening the pressure he was placing on them gradually as the pachirisu spoke. Her words, however, were no consolation, so his released grip was partially out of a creeping fear of his own, not usually felt. "Well, um..." he attempted, trying to come up with some way she could escape the maulings of a grizzly-type creature, "...you could... try using Attract?" Oh, of course that would be the first thing to suggest, outside of hiding! For all intents and purposes, though, Emery was quite knowledgeable as to how well the move could work for her...

Emery flinched as Briar continued to near, but his feet wouldn't allow for him to take the steps back he was mentally screaming at them to do. "It's... thanks, really, it wasn't any problem," he stumbled over the words, his hands held up as though to emphasize that she didn't need to thank him anymore. Or come any closer. "W-What are you--?" the boy sputtered out, all too late. Briar's arms were quickly wrapped around his torso, and he froze in place, disbelieving. He wasn't hearing her anymore, the quickened blood flow racing enough to drown out anything but his own heartbeat.

Blue screens had nothing on him. Before he realized what he was doing, before he had any time to react, to prevent it, he had already pulled the small pachirisu girl into a kiss. He didn't even remember it happening, but he gasped sharply as he yanked himself away, his expression conveying his horror. "I-I-I'm so sorry! I don't know -- I don't know what came over me!" the boy panicked, "Oh god, I'm so sorry." He had been so close, so close to avoiding contact! This whole mess, it was falling apart.

Briar:
Briar couldn't fault Emery for his disbelief on her former trainer and her friends behavior. She was pretty sure it was still as bad as when she'd been there and once more she was struck by how glad she was they'd run away when they had. A not so small part of her feared she'd have eventually been injured beyond repair after much longer. If not worse.

There was a grimace at his suggestion but a soft sigh of defeat. "Yeah...you're right it'd probably work pretty good wouldn't it?" as much as she hated to admit it, Attract realy was her strongest move in the long run and her best defense if it turned out she needed to use it. Still she'd do all she could to avoid that sort of situation!

His reaction to her coming near was realized moments too late. She was already hugging hm. He was just a little taller than her so she had to peer up at him even as he was freaking out at the hug. It was his own arms tightening around her, pulling her closer to him that suddenly had her blushing a pretty pink color, Draven was the only one to hold her this close for hugs!

That kiss however! It made the pink rocket to red as he eyes closed, she almost instinctively returning the kiss, though it was only a quick return before he was yanking himself away from her mortified and she...was stunned. A hand raised to her lips as she gave him a wide eyed look of wonder, a sudden shy smile on her face. "Wow...that was my first kiss." she cleared her throat a moment with a soft giggle. "It's okay really. I didn't mind it, but probably we shouldn't do that again. I don't think Draven would like it if he found out." oh she was sure he wouldn't. She took a few steps back so he wouldn't look so much like a cornered animal.

Emery:
Hearing the negative downturn to Briar's voice, Emery realized how awful his suggestion had been, and not only considering his own feelings on the Attract move. He tried to find some sort of... semi-clever way to play it off, eyes landing back on the bag of TMs. He had to keep himself from snapping his fingers at the obvious means of derailment, "Well, it could work half the time, but hey, that's what the TMs are for. It's just for now, I'm sure you'll be able to build up what you can do to keep yourself safe. Then you won't have to rely on anyone else anymore!" Sure, it wasn't a bad thing to have a partner in times like that, but the necessity for survival tended to outweigh the ideals.

He wasn't sure what part of that embrace he imagined and what actually happened, but there was no way he was about to question it. To be honest, it had felt nice, comfortable... but maybe that was what had ultimately scared him the most. He'd never been touched like that, never been comforted, held... kissed... was that going to happen every single time!?

There was some visible hesitation before Emery chanced a look Briar's way, not until her words cut through the panic and psychobabble. "Um... mine too, actually," he cautiously divulged, wondering if that somehow made him a worse person for instigating it. Briar didn't seem angry, though, or like she wanted to get as far away from him as she possibly could. She almost looked like she could have enjoyed it... but he wasn't sure if that was just himself hoping that to be the case. She... hadn't been the one to pull away, though. Should he have hesitated a bit more before doing so? That deep crimson color somehow made her seem more-- He buried his face in his hands to try to stop the running assessment, but gave a nod in agreement to the pachirisu's suggestion. "This is so twisted..." Emery sighed, his voice still a bit shaky, "I can't believe I did that." Was it just him, or was he starting to sound like a broken record? His words, along with the shared awkwardness, were strangely helping to lessen the terror of the situation, and he gave a quiet snicker, strained with disbelief.

Briar:
Briar gave a smile at his words, a nod given. This was true, the move didn't always work and she did have a bag of TM's at her disposal now, so she could learn something to completely erase knowing Attract, right? She sure hoped so! "That's right, that's what they're for and I plan to make good use of them." oh indeed.

There was a soft giggle, nothing mean just sort of stunned by it all really, and while she was a light shade of pink she was otherwise unbothered by the whole thing. Oh sure it had been a nice kiss, surprisng as it was, but he seemed just as surprised and realized he hadn't really planned on doing that. So, no sense in getting mad about it. At least she was level headed!

"It's okay really, I'm not mad and you look more surprised by what happened than I am. You're certainly being harder on yourself than I am." it was true! He seemed to be mortified with himself for what happened where as she was just pleasant surprised.

Staying put, finding it to be the safer idea she gave him a warm smile. "I should let you keep traveling so you can find somewhere safe to stop and rest for the night."

Emery:

Emery lifted his head cautiously again once he heard Briar's quiet laugh. She... she really wasn't mad, was she? She wasn't just saying that, she actually meant it. His attention diverted, but her words caused him to smile more sincerely instead of so cynically. "Well, I didn't want to overstep any bounds..." the boy explained, tapping his thumbs together nervously. He still felt as though he had gone far past that in such a short encounter, but Briar was so accommodating that it was difficult to know for sure.

Making sure his materials were securely attached, the radio handle still strapped to his belt, he gave a nod at the pachirisu's suggestion. He didn't know where the closest place was to crash for the night, and was half expecting to be roughing it for a while yet due to this. Divergent eyes trained back to Briar, he turned back but momentarily with a sheepish offer, "Once I get this problem under control, I wouldn't mind... I mean, if you don't..." He bit at the inside of his lip, irritated with how difficult it was to say before he opted to take it simpler, "I'll see you later?"

Briar:
She could see the surprise at her reaction from him, and it looked like relief as well and she couldn’t help but smile a bit more. She hated others feeling uncomfortable especially if she had the means of fixing that problem. Apparently she’d done the right thing, and it made her feel good inside for making him feel good. This was…well good!

Watching him check his things there was a nod at the words he was trying to get out, and she smiled again, a warm friendly thing. “I’d really like it if you visited again. That path there leads to the cabin I live in with my friends, so you can find me if you want. Safe travels Emery!” it was the best she could offer really, and truly safe travels were what all individuals needed, friend or otherwise.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:59 pm
Toxic Ace
(Briar and Draven look through the TM's and she learns Toxic, while he learns Aerial Ace!)

Briar:
"Draven! Draven! Come see what I found!" Briar burst into the cottage they stayed in an excited smile on her face. Emery, the Magnemite boy she'd met had left a bit ago and Briar had finished looking through the bag curiously, having found mostly TM's but it looked like one or two HM's were present as well which was amazing. "I'd bring it here but it's so heavy. Come on!"

Draven:
Draven looked up from what he was writing, studied it for a moment before giving a slight jerk of the head and crumpling the piece of paper up. Briar certainly seemed excited about something! He stood, pushing his chair back into the table. "What is it?" He asked. He went over to her. What could've excited Briar this much? "Okay, I'm coming!"

Briar:
She had no patience for writing even though she was doing passably well at it, and thats why she'd opted for her walk. "Well I found this bag and I poked it and it was full of stuff so I tried to move it and couldn't...but I met Emery and he helped me move it away from the road before he left...and it's full of TM's and some HM's Draven! A whole bunch of them! We can find moves in them we want to learn and not that stupid stuff Ami and Jamie made us learn!" she snagged his hand and gave an impatient tug. "C'mon!"

Draven:
"A bag? And you poked at it." Draven frowned slightly. That could've been dangerous! Didn't Briar know better? She could've been hurt! What if what had been in the bag had been a dangerous, vicious pokemon? "Briar, did you investigate properly first?" He fretted. He paused. A bag full of tms and hms? That would be useful for Briar, definitely! "Let's go!" He said, allowing her to tug him along. "Do you think there's anything I can learn in there?" He asked.

Briar:
"Yup. With a stick. It sounded like metal and stuff in there so I knew it was safe." she rolled her eyes slightly at Draven's reaction. It was a good idea to not mention anything else that had happened while Emery was there apparently. "Probably, there's writing on them giving the TM or HM number and name, and Emery found an experimental one that works and I said he could have it since he helped me move the bag. He kept me from falling over too when I was trying to carry it, its really heavy!

Draven:
Draven hesitated, and then nodded, as if to himself. "Good," he said aloud, flashing her a smile. He was always glad when Briar was being safe. "Really? I'll try one then. I can learn another move to help me protect you! Maybe a flying one." He paused, glancing at her. "These tms will make you happy?"

Briar:
“They’ll make me really happy Draven. I was so scared when I was alone because I couldn’t do anything to protect myself if I had needed to. I don’t want that uncertainty anymore. I want to be able to help myself if something happens when you’re not around.” It wasn’t a great feeling, but it was something that needed to be thought about and accepted. He wouldn’t, and couldn’t always be there. She needed to be able to protect herself. “I think I saw some flying ones! I have them laid out so they’re easy to look through.” She led the way to the small clearing near the lake and grinned. “See?”

Draven:
Draven thought that Briar learning some practical moves was a great idea! Only, he wished she hadn't implied that he couldn't always be there for her. He knew that, after their seperation. "Its a good idea," he said, "Briar, I don't want you going off on your own to practice, though. You can practice on me, alright? Then after you become familiar with the move, we can move onto using it on others." He followed her, and paused, studying the tms before bending down to read their names. Hm. "How about you pick me one?"

Briar:
“Oh no. I’m not practicing on you. I’ll practice on a tree or something so I don’t hurt you, or make you sick, or something. I think I want to learn Toxic.” It seemed the one move furthest from being cute, which was why she wanted to try learning it and was mentally crossing her fingers that she could! When told to pick one for him though she peered down at them all. “Hmmm….try this one!” She held out a TM called Aerial Ace. It sounded like a flying move anyhow. Maybe it would work for him!

Draven:
Was it wrong, thinking that Briar would be unable to hurt him, whatever move she learned? It made Draven feel a bit bad. "Are you sure?" He asked, frowning slightly. "It would be better experience to battle another Pokemon though... I can dodge, and I won't get sick!" He offered, hopefully. He plucked the tm from her hand, beaming. "Aerial ace?" He asked, excitedly. "This is a really good move, Briar!"

Briar:
She sighed and shrugged. Alright well if he was insisting then so be it, they could battle. “Then you can’t hold back on me Draven. You have to battle me to win, got that? Don’t worry if I get hurt, we both know there are berries and stuff around here that can help us heal up again after all.” She picked up Toxic and messed with the TM a little, a smile at Draven’s excitement. “Hopefully it’s one you can learn. Much like I hope this is one I can learn. Seems the least cute of the bunch.” She flipped it open then, and there was a holographic display and she suddenly knew the move, and her smile broadened. “It worked!”

Draven:
Draven stiffened. Battle to win? Against Briar? He didn't like that idea. "I...I suppose. But I'm not using hyperbeam on you, Briar. You know how much damage that does. You've seen me use it on Butch." He didn't want to hurt her! "I want you to battle your best too," he said. "There are berries around here, if you hurt me." He studied the tm, and with a sudden movement, the holographic screen popped up. He stared, eyes widening. "I guess I could learn it!" He grinned.

Briar:
“That’s okay you don’t have to use it on me, but you have to do more than dodge my attack okay? Not that I know anything useful besides toxic now. I guess we’ll see how well it might work.” She watched as his screen popped up and smiled. It was good he could learn that too. “Maybe a few others will be useful…we should bag them up and take them back inside. Maybe something will be useful for Claret even.” Never knew!  

Lirilei
Crew

Breedables Degenerate

Lirilei
Crew

Breedables Degenerate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:20 pm
Briar's Theme Song:
Mercy (Acoustic Guitar) - Shawn Mendes  
Trainer Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items