Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:58 pm
User Image

Grumble, grumble. Talkh Angara harrumphed under his breath while he lumbered along the Jini-misemi's southern border, black tail lashing behind him as he went. Though he was not in an especially bad mood, nor was her grumbling for any particular reason, he was a rather grumpy sort of lion in general, and today was no different from any other day. Mostly, if anything, he was bored. Bored and passingly homesick. He had days, now and then, when he really missed the desert, though he rarely bothered to say so to anyone. What would it help?

He'd left, he'd ended up in the swamp, he'd ended up here. Going back was not an option - and he didn't want to go back back, not really, not to the pride and all that. It was the sand and sun he missed, more than anything, and maybe occasionally his twin sister...not that he'd ever tell her that, even if he had the chance to.

All he'd done was send his suitably-colored spawn off to - hopefully - pester her. He still wasn't sure if any of them ever had. Maybe he'd have a chat with his mate and...try again, as it were.

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:21 pm
Meepfur

Was this it? She wasn't sure she was at the right mountain, or location, but some passing old seer had pointed Mpozi-nyufa in the right direction, and homesickness drove her toward home, the female tentatively entering the land, almost waiting for the spirits to grow angry for being less than amazing.

All she'd done was meddle out there, but it helped others heal before. It was sad leaving the friends she made, but she wanted to help her home, and maybe look for her mother, tell her her sister was coming home soon, and with love. But currently, she wanted to feel home.

Home was a rock and Mpozi huffed.

"Things sure changed."  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:30 pm
Pace, look around, grumble to self, repeat. That was how his afternoon was going, at least until the looking around part led to catching sight of a yellow-haired lioness, which led to approaching and hearing her huff. She looked maybe-vaguely familiar, in that she bore some resemblance to some other lions he'd seen about at some time or another. Hey, it was a big pride and damn hard to keep track of, especially since there was so much coming and going, what with the pilgrimages and all.

"You noticed," he observed with a snort.

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:40 pm
Meepfur

Mpozi turned to face the new voice. She'd met surly lions outside the pride, and now... Well, another. She looked entirely unphased, stretching out to show she wasn't intimidated.

"I did. So I assume you, sir, are a guard and this rock is in fact the correct home for the Jini-msemi?" She rose a brow calmly, half-smirking.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:44 pm
Surly though he was, he was not without a sense of humor - just a very dry, and usually very well-hidden one. He was, after all, a big hulking Firekin. He was supposed to be serious and dutiful, or something like that. He eyed the lioness for a moment before confirming, "You are, in fact, correct in your assumption."

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:50 pm
Meepfur

"Oh good. At least the rock might be interesting. I do miss the idea of mud though."

And flying headers out of the trees.

"So. A rock now. I guess the spirits wanted to get out of themud. Pity."

She shrugged.

"So how've things been aside changing and possibly filled with horror and terror and screaming?"  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:57 pm
Talkh Angara raised one dark brow, regarding the newly-returned pilgrim with a distinct lack of humor. Not the pretense of it, but an actual lack of it, in this case. "I wouldn't joke about that, if I were you," he cautioned. "It won't go over well with much of anyone."

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:05 pm
Meepfur

"Sorry." She frowned, looking up, flexing her toes a bit.

"Just odd I suppose. I miss the mud. Climbing was nice too. This is all... Different. Strange, I guess."  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:13 pm
Talkh accepted the spology with a grunt that might have been approving, but being a grunt, well, it was hard to tell. "Just have to learn to live with it. It gets better." Being reassuring was not his strong suit, not by any stretch. "At least you found it."

"You'll be wanting to see the Queen, I guess, tell everyone your name and all. This way." The red lion trundled off in the appropriate direction, expecting her to follow.

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:31 pm
Meepfur

"That would be for the best, probably." She sighed. Mpozi followed slowly.

"Is it nice here?"  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:18 am
"If by 'nice' you mean 'habitable,' yes. Moreso than what was left of the swamp." Talkh sounded vaguely impatient. He was not a tour guide! And 'nice' was completely subjective, anyway.

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:48 am
Meepfur

Mpozi flinched at the description. Oh.

"So where are you from? Have you met many others?" She followed slowly, hoping thinking. She didn't know if she'd seen anything. Just dealt with, well, a lot of others.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:09 pm
"From? The Ardhi'a'kifo, but I've been with the pride a long time." He glanced back at her, then added, "Since before you were born. So, yes, I've met a few others over the years."

And that was more than enough idle chatter, for his tastes. "Wait here. I'll go on ahead and let them know you've arrived, then you can make your grand entrance. What's your name - your old one?"

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:16 pm
Meepfur

Aaahhh... She listened, not pressing further. He didn't seem interested in continuing, but she didn't want to bother him. At his question, she smiled faintly.

"Ifa, before." She nodded. She sat patiently, prepared to wait.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:23 pm
"Very well. I'll hear your new one soon enough." With the necessary information, Talkh dipped his head respectfully and turned again, trundling off to inform their leader. Assuming she didn't already know, which was possible.

Uck, seers. Always vaguely unsettling.

NovaCracker

((I think this is a good spot to wrap! *blows kisses* ilu. <3))  
[IC] Jini-msemi Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff