Reply The Muslim Guild Of Allah
Buddha a Prophet of Islam?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Islamic Teacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:46 pm
Dhul-Kifl is one name in the list of prophets which is unheard of in the Arab or Semitic references. Some scholars seem to have traced this name to Buddha, who was of Kapeel, which was the capital of a small state situated on the border of India and Nepal. Buddha not only belonged to Kapeel, but was many a time referred to as being 'Of Kapeel'. This is exactly what is meant by the word 'Dhul-Kifl'. It should be remembered that the consonant 'p' is not present in Arabic, and the nearest one to it is 'fa'. Hence, Kapeel transliterated into Arabic becomes Kifl.

Apart from the evidence of the Quran, there is one reference which is controversial among the commentators.

There is a tradition reported from the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) which speaks of an Indian prophet by name. In his words:

There was a prophet of God in India who was dark in color and his name was Kahan
Source:- “Taarikh-i-Hamdaan Dailami

"And (remember) Ismail (Ishmael) and Idris (Enoch) and Dhul-Kifl, all were from among those who observe patience." Surah 21: 85-86
"And remember Ismail and Al-Yasa (Elisha) and Dhul-Kifl, and they were all of the best."
Surah 38:48.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:47 pm
So what do you guys think is it possible?  

Islamic Teacher

Thorn apple

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:20 am
I have often wondered this, as I hold a healthy respect for many Buddhists and the core philosophy of Buddhism.

I think the short answer would be that we just don't know for certain. What the Buddha taught was transmitted orally for about two hundred years before anyone got around to writing it down. What was added or lost during that time? We just don't know. But, I do think it's possible.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:17 pm
Allahu 'allum  

aamira Z

Invisible Explorer

6,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

heyitsbill

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:08 am
careful out there, there's plenty of shiite's false hadith  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:28 pm
All I have to say is Allah knows best  

Happi Chappi

Friendly Gaian

13,725 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50

EmoSushii

4,050 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:26 am
W/salam

Huumpf, I don't know, it's just if the Hadith is " right " ( I mean the source isn't corrupted), It may be plausible, even though I don't feel like it's possible

W'allahu aalam smile  
The Muslim Guild Of Allah

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff