Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:42 pm
User Image

Ari-bhiri stirred as the sun began to set, uncurling and stretching away any lingering drowsiness. She scuffed the rocky ground with her paws and sighed, still disappointed that it didn't squish between her pads. Though she'd been present for the relocation, unlike some unlucky pilgrims, she had yet to adjust to their new home, and even months spent wandering to and fro on her quest hadn't dimmed the memory of the swamps she'd been raised in. The mountain was nice, it really was, but it just didn't feel right. Everything from the sounds and smells to the terrain and climate was wrong. Would she ever get used to this?

Bhi sighed again, scritched at her ear, and finally got moving. Thinking about the swamp wouldn't bring it back, only ruin her mood - which, overall, was good. She was glad to be home, even if it wasn't exactly the home she wanted. The right people were here, and that was what was supposed to matter, wasn't it?

[ Lady Kiya ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:59 pm
User Image

Kurogoke had adjusted fairly well to the new surroundings. She still missed getting mud on her fur as often as before, but that was something childish that she didn't need. To be truthful, she hadn't been in the swamp lands long enough to truly miss them now that she was here.

She had decided to take a bit of a walk before settling in for the night. It seemed it would do her some good. She stretched after a few steps before continuing on her way. After wondering a bit, she noticed a lioness in the near distance and decided to make her way towards her. It would do Kurogoke some good to get a small bit of conversation going.

Meepfur

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:07 pm
And, speaking of people, here came one she didn't recognize, at least not on any meaningful level - just the vague familiarity that came with living alongside dozens upon dozens of other lions and lionesses. She couldn't imagine really knowing everyone...but this one happened to be coming her way, and now that she was home and officially a grown-up, it was probably time to socialize like one.

How thrilling. With a quick flick of her tail, Bhi summoned a polite smile and offered a friendly enough, "Hey there. Evening."

[ Lady Kiya ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:16 pm
Kurogoke gave a gentle smile to the other lioness. "Evening!" She said with delight as she got closer. She stopped a few feet short, just in case the other didn't like to be too close to someone else.. She had hoped the other wanted to talk as much as she did. It was a good evening to share with someone else passing by. "How are you?" She asked curiously. She didn't know the lioness, but she didn't want to be rude about asking. She had to get the formalities out of the way first.

"I don't think we've met?!" They might have met before, but she had a bad memory. She couldn't remember everyone she talked to, or seen. "I'm Kurogoke!" She said with a smile and a nod.

Meepfur

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:57 pm
And she was an enthusiastic one, too - not that that was a bad thing. Though Bhi herself tended more towards quiet, she rather admired more exuberant personalities. The patchy lioness' smile widened just a touch. "I'm doing fine, thank you," she answered, "And no, I don't think we have met. I just came back from my pilgrimage a few days ago, so that's probably why."

"I'm Ari-bhira, but Bhi will do." It wasn't all that far from 'Bhinna,' but the similar syllable hadn't been intentional, really.

[ Lady Kiya ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:29 pm
She continued to smile at the other. "Well, pleasure to meet you!" She hadn't ran into anyone just returning, this was exciting! Though Kurogoke didn't want to make it too big of a deal. She didn't want to be annoying, after all which tended to be what would happen, half the time. "Hopefully that went well!" She said instead of asking the billions of questions she want to.

Sometimes she had to remind herself that she wasn't best friends with everyone! "I was just out for an evening walk, seemed like a good time to do it." It wasn't too cold, or too hot. The air smelled great, and everything seemed to fit nicely into place. Except company, until now. So She supposed it was going better than she had hoped when she first took a step out of her space.

Meepfur

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:55 pm
"Well, I made it back, so I suppose that qualifies as going well," Bhi decided after a moment of consideration. It could certainly have gone worse, in that she could have ended up maimed (which would have sucked) or dead (which would have really sucked) instead of home and without any permanent damage. So she wasn't going to complain.

"It is cooler out. I just woke up, myself. Avoid most of the heat that way."

[ Lady Kiya ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:25 pm
Kurogoke nodded. She wanted to say that was good to hear, but of course it was. It'd be rather redundant for her to say something like that. "Oh, earlier wasn't too bad." She said now trying to remember if it was fairly warm. Nothing seemed to stick out too much that day. "Fairly pleasant for the most part." There was nothing else to really say about it.

Kurogoke was still fairly interested about the other's journey, though she still was a bit shy in asking about it.

Meepfur
Sorry!

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:06 pm
"Most of me's dark enough that the sun can be be pretty, uh, harsh," the patched lioness offered by way of explanation as to why she liked to sleep through the day. "There's not as much shade here as there was in the swamp, even if it is less humid."

Ari-bhiri sighed and looked down at the decidedly non-mucky ground again. She'd get used to it, she had to, but it still sucked.

[ Lady Kiya ]
No worries!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:41 pm
This was true. She felt a little silly now for not thinking about such things. She, having lighter fur, really never experienced the troubles of those who had darker fur. "Oh! I'm sorry, I forget sometimes about color differences." She gave a nervous giggle. "The wind is my only problem." She admitted. There was no shelter from it when she was out walking around up here. Of course, it wasn't too much of a problem, she just wasn't use to it as much.

"Dries out the eyes!" She said with another small giggle. "It's hard getting use to the change, but I think it's nice once you give it a chance." She said with seeing the lioness look towards the ground.

Meepfur

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:51 am
"I know," Bhi acknowledged, suppressing another sigh. She just wished she didn't have to get used to this new 'home.' But she did, and there was nothing to be done for it - as usual, like most other bad things that happened, you were just stuck with them.

"As long as everyone finds it, I guess that's what matters." She paused, seemed to remember something, and said apologetically, "Ahh, but I have a commitment to keep. Perhaps we'll speak again another time?"

Or not. Whichever. Either way, Ari-bhiri would scuttle off.

[ Lady Kiya ]

[IC] Jini-msemi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff