Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:16 am
User Image

Summer time. There was never a time of year in Africa when it wasn't hot, but this season was always the worst. It was dry, it was blazing, and it was tough to survive for most animals. Thankfully, the Kwa Kikombe was situated in a valley of plentiful game and water, and they didn't have to worry too much about where the next meal was coming from.

The extra heat did take a toll on the energetic pride, though, which made this season the perfect time for there to be a lull in the action. There were still smaller games that went on, but none near as grand as Kikombe. As such, the officials and participants got a nice break. There was still training that went on, but as far as the announcers, refs, and medics went, it was a time of rest and relaxation. The only animals doing any intense work were the recruiters, who spent this time feverishly looking for new talent.

Taji, the player overseer, enjoyed taking time from his day to go and watch the youth practice. He was at one of the smaller fields watching a bunch of cubs tumble with a shell that was about their size, chewing on it and pouncing on it happily. He chuckled softly, tail swishing at a few flies that had settled down near his paws. Ah, to be a cub again, full of nothing but promise and passion.

Kallysto

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:12 am
User Image The older lion yawned, his open mouth revealing rows of white fangs before his lips closed lazily around them, smacking together as if the air he had inhaled had been particularly tasty. The lion felt drowsy under the smothering summer sun and Raj decided that soon it would be time for a nap. Yes. In the shade. Near the water. Hopefully the breeze would be kind enough to share the water's sweet coolness with him while he napped.

The lion yawned again before shaking himself awake. He had come here for a reason.

Having asked somebody where he could find Taji, he was amused to find that this was all his doing. He was always up to something, wasn't he? Raj mused to himself, stifling yet another yawn as the sight of his old acquaintance woke him....slightly. Yes, Taji was up to something big with this pride. Raj wanted to see just what.

The black and white lion pondered briefly if the brown lion ahead of he would recognize him after all this time before brushing the thought away with a chuckle. Of course he would remember him. Who could forget the wondrous Rajiv?

"They show promise, don't they?" he commented coolly, a smile tugging at the corner of his lips as he placed himself on the ground next to the other lion, eyes watching the cubs in front of him with amusement. His tail curled primly around his feet, the very end swishing back and forth absentmindedly and he watched the cubs, seemingly lost in thought.

He would gauge Taji's reaction before anything else...

SilverLutz

Kallysto

Shameless Senshi

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:54 am
Taji chuckled quietly as a few of the cubs forgot the shell and began to wrestle with one another, a little lion cub and a rather sturdy leopard going at it. He was glad to see such integration within the pride. There were some, he knew, that frowned upon species intermingling with one another, but in the brown lion's eyes, they were all cut from the same cloth. Four paws, two eyes, one nose, two ears...even the prey animals were similar to them, thus the allowance of familiars of any kind. The prey animals that lived in the area with them knew that killing needlessly would not happen and, while they were still hunted, they were probably as calm as prey beasts came.

A voice pulled him from his thoughts and purple eyes glanced beside him to see who had joined him. He was glad the pride members weren't intimidated by his new status, as just a few months ago he had been Taji the trainer, former player, winner of two seasons of Kikombe in a row, one in his adolescence and one in adulthood. Recognition dawned after a moment, and a little laugh escaped him.

"They do, and you would know, of all creatures," the lion said with a grin. "Raj...it's good to see you again, brother. I've only spotted you on the fields for the past few seasons, haven't had much time to talk in person with you. How have you been?"

Raj had been the referee to numerous games he had played in and, while he wasn't the best of friends with the other lion, it wasn't to say that he wouldn't end up that way. Before their relationship had been player and ref, but now there might be that chance for a better friendship to take hold.

Kallysto

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:05 pm
At his warm reaction, the lion glanced over, a friendly smile tugging at the corners of his lips. A single fang found it's way out in what had come to be known as his trademark grin before he gave a laugh at the cubs, watching as they struggled to pin one another, all smiles and laughter. Future players, perhaps. They could change the way the game was viewed. Help shape the pride. It was almost inspirational.

Rajiv stifled another yawn, not wanting to appear to be rude. He was certainly interested in the pride's future, to be sure, and the cubs were adorable, admirable in their enthusiasm.

"Well, to be sure. Life has been kind to this old lion," he responded, his tone playful. He still had many good years in his life for certain but the years were slowly, ever so slowly, catching up with him.

He would simply have to run faster.

"But not so well as you, I believe. I must admit, I've been a bit out of the loop, as of late. Life has a way of taking hold of you. Have I been hearing the truth,overseer?" the emphasis on the last word formed a friendly question, and he grinned that trademark grin once again before locking eyes with the lion next to him. He was certain he had heard the truth, of course, but he was curious in gauging the lion's reaction to his new title. It was certainly a big step up. A lot of responsibility now rested on Taji's shoulders.

Rajiv found himself confident he could handle it.

SilverLutz

Kallysto

Shameless Senshi

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:05 pm
As Raj questioned Taji about his title, the younger lion rolled his eyes and chuckled very quietly. To some it was a huge deal to be the leader of a pride, and yes, it was a lot of responsibility, but Taji didn't see it that way. He was just in a position in which he got to help out as many young players as he could, as well as those in the pride that helped make the games run. Everyone from refs to spectators played an important part. Even without one job, the whole pride would fall apart.

"Yes, I've climbed the ranks a bit," he said with a little shrug, still smiling. "It was a great honor to be selected, of course, but I wouldn't say any gods were smiling down on me when it happened. I'm glad to be in charge so I can make sure the players and the pride members are taken care of, but that's about it." He still wanted to play, after all. He wasn't that old of a lion. Perhaps he could pull together a little team himself...that could be fun!

"But what about you? As you said you've been out of the loop...I haven't seen you since I was a player!" Taji added with a little laugh. "It's been a few seasons, my friend. Did you take time to go wander the rouge lands, or have I just been so busy that I've missed you?"

Kallysto

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:52 pm
"Congratulations are in order, then. A promotion well deserved," he responded.

Raj smiled at the genuine good nature of the lion next to him. Taji really cared for the safety of those around him. He was a wise choice. The right lion to put at the helm of such an active, spirited pride. It was quite endearing the way he cared so much. It almost made Rajiv feel sentimental but he brushed it away at the mention of his absence.

"Life has a way of surprising you," Raj responded with a wispy tone.

His latest plan at the time hadn't played out quite as he had hoped it would. The end result was that he had needed to distance himself for a while. As surprising as life could be, however, it was also quite convenient sometimes. His sister had recently given birth to a litter of six cubs which provided him the perfect cover for his absence. It also made his response the truth.

"There were some new additions to my family. My dear sister needed help with six cubs, all boys. I happen to have experience corralling large groups of lions and keeping them in line," he grinned, " I even taught them the game. Perhaps some day they'll join us here on the fields," the thought was enough to make him chuckle. They had been more interested in pawing at what might have been in the turtle shell he had given them than playing at first but they had gotten the game down fairly quickly. A fond memory.

"But at last I am back. I was wondering, Taji, if there was still room for an old lion on the fields."

SilverLutz

Kallysto

Shameless Senshi

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:50 am
Taji waved a paw to dismiss the congratulations. He was very proud of himself to have climbed so high, but he didn't want to be treated any differently than he had been when he was just a rookie starting out on the field. He had never been one for much pomp and circumstance...unless it was an award ceremony. Then it was all about the pomp and circumstance.

As Raj went on to tell him what had happened, the player overseer kept an interested look on his face. Cubs were always something that made him smile, whether or not they were part of his pride or not. They held so much potential and life that it was hard not to feel young again when he was around them. It was part of why he enjoyed coming to watch them scuffle over a huge shell.

"I see! Well, that certainly sounds like an adventure," he said with an appreciative chuckle. "I'm glad you're passing out game along through the world. I do hope they decide to at least come and watch a few games, if not join in at some point." The bit that came after made him laugh heartily, and he reached over to slap the other lion on his back with his paw.

"Raj, are you crazy? Of course there's room for you! You've got the eye of a hawk, I couldn't let someone as talented as you slip away from me. You're welcome back on the field any time, my brother."

Kallysto
Want to wrap this one up in the next post? =D Then you can get him certed

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:58 pm
The sudden slap to his back had been unexpected, but it brought a smile to Raj's face all the same time. He knew what it meant. He was back where he belonged. Home again. It felt nice to think that. After so long...

The black and white lion was relieved. Sure, he had some ideas that other referees disagreed with and that was fine...But the pride had always been his home until recently and he practically quivered with anticipation to step back onto the field. To feel the shift the instant his paws hit the field. The power was truly exhilarating.

And it all balanced on him.

Rajiv let out a hearty laugh and returned the paw slap in a friendly fashion, grinning from ear to ear.

"Well, you wouldn't be the first player to call me crazy," he teased, his smile slowly transforming into a bit of a smirk, "But I must admit, Taji, it is good to be home again," and he was.

SilverLutz
Sounds good to me! Thanks for the jrp.

Kallysto

Shameless Senshi

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:56 am
Taji chuckled as Raj returned the friendly slap, and stood up to give himself a little shake. "It's good to have you back. Do stop in to the training sessions to give yourself a refresher. Or should I say...ref-fresher," he laughed. Oh, the jokes just kept on coming!

"I'll see you around the field, Raj!" he called out, waving a paw before heading off to get back to his pridely duties. It was tough to the the 'king' sometimes, but at times like this when he got to watch the youngsters play, it was a joy.

FIN  
[IC] Kwa Kikombe Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff