Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sex Education Guild

Back to Guilds

Know your body, love your body, be safe, be healthy, be wise. 

Tags: Sex Ed, Birth Control, LGBT, STDs, Pregnancy 

Reply Sex Education Main Forum
Birth control questions and other things...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

letie anrie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:46 pm
So I recently got on the pill three days ago.. I understand that they don't start to have affects until about three months (according to my doctor).. She also mentioned something about my particular birth control pill helping with acne. I have mild acne, not super horrible but I don't, by any means, have a clear face. Anyway, I read somewhere that it just made other people's acne worse. What causes it to make acne worse in some, and help it with others? I understand that the estrogen helps acne because some women have too much androgen.. But why does it not work on some? And what can I do to make it work for me? As you can see, I'm very nervous about taking this pill /:

Another reason I am scared to be on the pill is weight gain. I know a lot of girls who have said birth control made them gain weight. But I understand that it doesn't happen to every one.

And lastly, this is somehow embarrassing to say.. But my sex drive has sky rocketed in the past 8 months. (give or take) I understand that it could be hormones cause I am 17 (18 in September).. But it feels like it actually just gets in the way. I always want to do it with my boyfriend, even if the time isn't good. Or anytime I'm just bored and alone.. Well.. I want to.. you know. What does this mean and is there something wrong with me being like this? Like I mentioned before, I just recently became like this.. So it leads me to believe it's a puberty stage thing. I don't know.

Thanksss for reading x.x  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:55 pm
Our bodies are all different. As a result, our bodies can all react to things (like the pill, or certain diets, or pregnancy, or prolonged exposure to sun, or any number of other things) in vastly different ways.

Some girls have positive side effects on the pill. Others have negative side effects. Sometimes those negative side effects are just slightly annoying. Other times they're unbearable and the girl will have to switch to a different kind of pill.

There really isn't anything you can do to change how your body reacts to the pill. Just eat right and exercise, and the rest is up to your body. So if it doesn't go well, it's not your fault. A lot of women don't like the first pill that they try and end up trying a couple different ones until they find the one that works best for them. And that's ok.

But don't rush to switch pills just because of minor negative side effects, especially in the first three months. The negative side effects of pills are usually the worst within the first three months. They often get better after that. So unless your side effects are unbearable, try to give it three or more months before asking your doctor to switch you to a different kind.

It's definitely normal to have a crazy high drive at that age.  

LorienLlewellyn
Captain

Quotable Informer

letie anrie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:59 am
LorienLlewellyn
Our bodies are all different. As a result, our bodies can all react to things (like the pill, or certain diets, or pregnancy, or prolonged exposure to sun, or any number of other things) in vastly different ways.

Some girls have positive side effects on the pill. Others have negative side effects. Sometimes those negative side effects are just slightly annoying. Other times they're unbearable and the girl will have to switch to a different kind of pill.

There really isn't anything you can do to change how your body reacts to the pill. Just eat right and exercise, and the rest is up to your body. So if it doesn't go well, it's not your fault. A lot of women don't like the first pill that they try and end up trying a couple different ones until they find the one that works best for them. And that's ok.

But don't rush to switch pills just because of minor negative side effects, especially in the first three months. The negative side effects of pills are usually the worst within the first three months. They often get better after that. So unless your side effects are unbearable, try to give it three or more months before asking your doctor to switch you to a different kind.

It's definitely normal to have a crazy high drive at that age.

Thank you for your help!! smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:46 pm
yeah, and don't worry about side effects so much!

When I first started with birth control like 7 months ago, I was so scared that I was going to put on weight, feel sick, get worse acne, headaces, and you know what? I even worried so much that I truly became neasus. But I realized that I was only making my body believe I was experiencing the side effects, when really it was just placebo.

You're brain is the most powerful thing, and it can, balieve me, make you feel sick. So just relax and chill! biggrin I stopped myself from thinking I was feeling weird, and then I wasn't anymore.

I never had ANY problems with my pills, and I have neither experienced bad or good side effects. So just take a moment to breathe, and relax, and I'm sure you're going to be just fine, and if not, then you can just switch after 3 months, as LorienLlewellyn said smile

As for the sex drive, well, I know all about what you're feeling, and i guess it's normal. As long as it isn't bothering me, I'll embrace it! ;D  

Quicksilfver

Sex Education Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff