Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:03 am
The Captain Britain
Asker resisted raising an eyebrow. He thought this to be a rather odd time to train. After all, these strangers were going to be wandering around the pride, and surely there were preparations that needed to be seen to, for both the ball and as precautions against the seer's prophecy. Asker was willing to bet that the King and Queen would want to do their best in assuring that whatever dark clouds, if any, on their way would pass over the pride peacefully, and without much harm.
Then again, perhaps Hana had another reason to "train?" Perhaps she needed to talk to him about something? That awfully suspicious mummer she had been talking with? The blue striped lioness had simply vanished, and the young male just couldn't shake how strange she had made him feel, how anxious and uncomfortable. There was something off with her. Either way, fighting or talking, Asker was game.
A toothy grin broke out over his face. "Aw, sure thing, sis. It's been a while since I've had a punching bag so willing to get knocked around." Asker said with a teasing wink. He turned the grin on their parents. Surely they wanted a little bit of alone time anyways. Asker had a feeling they wouldn't get much quiet time in the coming weeks, what with the Ball so close. "We'll stop by and check in afterwards."

Hana glared at her brother playfully, smirking as she replied, "Oh, I can take hits, but I deal them out even better."
Her expression softened as she returned her turquoise gaze to her parents. She was glad for the love they shared, with each other and their cubs. In fact, sometimes she envied that bond - but only a little. Padding forward, she quickly ran her muzzle along first her father's chin, and then her mother's before turning away again. After a few paces, she looked back over her shoulder and waited for Asker to follow.

As she waited, she started to organize her stray thoughts into coherent opinions. That was easy; the tricky part was deciding which opinion she most agreed with. She was hoping that, after talking things through with her brother, she would know for certain. Maybe the two could share fighting techniques as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:02 pm
Rennekae

Asker nodded to both of their parents, gaze lingering on his father. The older male's limp was getting worse. Asker wondered just how much longer Vodnitvar would be able to trek all the way across the pride territory as he had today, how much longer he would be able to properly fight. The thought pained him as memories of tousling with his father in his youth sprang up. The blue lion exhaled softly, the equivalent of a sigh for him, and turned to follow his sister.
"So what's up, sis? Bit of an strange time to train." Asker began, having decided that Hana definitely had something else in mind besides sparring. He didn't think he could even focus on proper fighting techniques with everything that was running through his mind. If the two of them fought now, Asker would get his flame-coloured tail handed to him. He resisted chuckling at the thought. The two were well-matched on a good day. Asker most likely outdid her in strength simply due to his sheer size, but Hana was definitely faster and more agile.

The Captain Britain

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:29 am
Hana's ears folded back against her head. To try to calm her nerves, she jested, "Strange is kind of our pride's thing, though."
However, training wasn't her main intent, and she couldn't deny that. But it would help her to get her thoughts together. When she fought, her focus was incredible, and she could bring that focus over to just about anything.

"I'm just not sure what to think about these strangers. They came to warn us - apparently from a long way - so I'd assume they're friendly. But that female was so hostile! And how do we know that they're being completely honest - maybe they/re the ones we should fear. In fact, how do we know that anything they said was true?"
Hana took a deep breath; her rant had lifted a lot of pressure off of her chest, even if it made her seem as crazy as some of the pre-Lifting pride members. She felt a lot less confusion and anxiety and was able to focus entirely on her need to defend her family.

She glanced over - and slightly up - at her brother. The whole litter had grown a lot, but especially her brother and she. With their training, they had both become more muscular as they grew and were already a formidable pair. Allowing her mind to wander briefly, she could imagine the two as adults; hulking, strong, and intimidating. No one would dare threaten their pride, and if they did, it was their funeral. Blinking back to the present, she locked gazes with Asker.
"What do you think we should do?"

The Captain Britain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:11 pm
Rennekae

Asker sighed with a scowl. His brows furrowed as he tried to sort out his own thoughts before replying. He had to agree. The fact that they had come to warn the pride should mean they were friendly, but there was the possibility that they were the ones who would cause the pride harm. There were only two strangers, and the pride's patrons could easily take them both out if they tried anything. But if they somehow managed to bring back the muses, then the whole pride would be crippled with insanity like before, right? The strangers could anything they wanted to the pride then. It was a disturbing thought.
But then again...the curse had been brought by a goddess. That meant whoever, whether it was these strangers or someone else, wanted to bring back the curse needed the help of the goddess. And last time Asker checked, gods didn't bend to the whims of mortals so easily. "I don't think they could do anything to us even if the tried, Hana." Asker said. "If they do mean us harm, then it's a whole pride against two lions. They only way they'd be able to hurt us would be if they brought the curse back. And that requires the goddess herself, which I don't think it ever going to happen. She disappeared after it was lifted, and I don't think she's ever coming back." The young male said confidently. He bumped his sister on the shoulder. "They're as harmless as a jellyfish. They might be able to sting, but nothing fatal. Stings can be treated, no problem." Asker would know. The jellyfish sting that he had received on accident hadn't even left him with a scar, only a lesson.

The Captain Britain

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:03 pm
Hana relaxed with a sigh. Her fur started to lie flat as she giggled at Asker's reference to his old injury. She didn't like to think of her brother in pain, but the run-in with the jellyfish had become something she enjoyed teasing him with. Besides, he was right; they were only two lions and wouldn't stand a chance against the patrons, let alone the entire pride.

Unless they have friends waiting somewhere nearby... Hana's pelt bristled all over again. As far as she was aware, there had been no reports of any suspicious groups near the borders. Of course there were always groups that passed by or through but none that were overly large or interesting. But - if these strangers were as clever as they seemed, it was possible that their friends were, too.

"Do you think there's a chance that they aren't actually alone? Sure, they came here by themselves, but there could be a group of rogues just waiting outside the border for some sort of ... recon report." Hana narrowed her ocean-colored eyes. "I don't think I'm ready to write them off just yet. What do you say to a little recon of our own?"
Eyes still contracted to slits, she slid her focus to Asker, meeting his gaze. She would do anything to protect her family and she knew her brother would, too.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:17 pm
Rennekae
Wow, sorry. I did NOT get this quote. I'm glad I went through and double-checked my RPs.

Hana had a point. What if they were just a scouting group? Putting out feelers, trying to evaluate the pride's weaknesses before giving the word for their hidden force to strike?
But then why would they have given the entire pride a warning and put them on high-alert? That seemed very counter-intuitive. "I don't think they'd have gotten everyone all hyped-up and on-edge if they were trying to remain inconspicuous. Maybe they do have a group outside waiting for them, but if so, then I don't think they're hostile." That, or they were very poor tacticians. However, Hana's idea was a good one. The strangers were still a little suspicious, what with their no-strings-attached warning and all. It might be a good idea to watch them for a few days. "A little recon sounds good." Asker replied with a grin. "But I think we can leave most of the stealthy following to you. I'm not exactly the best at blending in." He said, shrugging his large shoulders. Big (and still growing), brightly coloured, and not too terribly fast, stealth was another area Asker lacked in. One couldn't be the best at everything. That was a pride, what family was for. Individuals may be flawed, but groups were balanced. "You can watch them for the most part. I'll stay close to father and the patrons, and take over for you when you need it. Sound like a plan?"

The Captain Britain

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:30 pm
Hana smiled warmly at her brother; she had always admired the ease with which Asker seemed to accept his short-comings. Not to say that he was "bad" at anything, but Hana had always found it slightly frustrating to accept that she wouldn't excel in all areas of being a Patron. She was glad that her frame, while still lean and well-muscled, was lithe enough to allow a greater stealth and agility than some of the other Patrons could achieve but she still envied the brute force that came with her brother's size.

She gave her brother a determined nod, pleased that he at least agreed that the strangers should be watched. "I'll keep an eye on them and make sure to let you know if I think something's up. After all, I wouldn't want to bring my suspicions to Flower Lord only for them to be nothing," Hana chuckled. She could only imagine the embarrassment of bothering the Patron General over nothing.

But she was certain, especially with the group of strangers on the border that Flower Lord had told the Patrons to keep an eye on, that these two guests would need at least a little background check.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:15 am
Rennekae
I wouldn't be able to use this for breeding right? But you still could yes?

He was very pleased with Hana's willingness as well as her input. She was highly intelligent and he admired that greatly about her, they needed lions like her for Patrons, it was her brains in combination with his bronze that made for an unstoppable combination. "It would indeed be wise to wait before bringing it to anyone's attention too soon before knowing for sure." He said in agreement with her words.
She would do well to keep an eye on them while he stayed near their father and the others. He would be better served there as his strength would be a force to be reckoned with should anything break out. "Let me know if you find out anything."
Deep down he hoped their suspicions would be wrong, but a part of him almost hoped they would try something so they could show them that their pride was not something to be toyed with. They would be an example for all others who tried to cause them any sort of harm.
"I will see you soon." He said with a last look at his sister before he moved to a better location to be of service to the others in case something happened.

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:18 pm
AstoriaFallen
I don't honestly know if either of us can. I was assuming I could, but I could be wrong. Aaaand.. I don't think you can. But I could be wrong.
Thanks for helping me finish it! Having it sit there was bothering me so much.

Hana grinned at her brother and nodded before heading away through the underbrush. While Asker went to speak to their father and the remaining crowd, Hana would trail the pride leaders to take note of where the strangers' provided lodging would be. Their temporary den was about to become her 'haunt', and if they ventured outside of it, she would be sure to trail them. Taking on all these extra duties outside of regular Patron responsibilities was sure to take a toll; rather than balk at the prospect, Hana felt exhilarated. It was an honor to work hard for her pride.

In all honesty, the dark lioness had no idea if her suspicions were justified. But she wasn't willing to take the chance on these two, especially since they had already spoken of ill tidings.

[IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games