Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Alternative Lifestyles Guild

Back to Guilds

A safe place for anyone who identifies with the LGBTQ(IP) community and their allies. 

Tags: lesbian, gays, queer, transgender, LGBT 

Reply 06. "Life Issues" - Advice & Counseling
How would YOU Classify... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

0ntogeny

Shameless Man-Lover

11,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:58 pm
Well, I was born a female, but I identify as a Male most, I do however enjoy looking like a female some days...maybe mostly because I get compliments a lot...who knows :/ but if I had one wish it would be to be a real male -sighs- If I had to pick a label id say im "GenderQueer" for now I guess...not really sure :/ my feelings about gender and sex are complex and I feel that they are hard to put a label on. All I know is that I would rather be a male but still have a v****a...so look like a boy but be a herm i guess?...I prefer presenting as male..and I want to be addressed with male/Neutral pronouns when fitting (and always online). Sorry for that confusing jumble...I confuse myself >.<....anyhow yeah im here too....I just also feel like some of my desires and thoughts fall further from that as well at times, thats why I like GQ...mostly because I dont like labels and such to begin with and feel like the looser and broader the label the better for me at least....hope that wasnt too confusing...

^ Basically that was snippets of two chats I was having on separate forums smashed together...I really have NO idea what to call this or how to even feel good about it you know? If it was possible I want to be male but still have my v****a as well as a p***s...idk...I hope I did an ok job explaining...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:16 am
0ntogeny
Well, I was born a female, but I identify as a Male most, I do however enjoy looking like a female some days...maybe mostly because I get compliments a lot...who knows :/ but if I had one wish it would be to be a real male -sighs- If I had to pick a label id say im "GenderQueer" for now I guess...not really sure :/ my feelings about gender and sex are complex and I feel that they are hard to put a label on. All I know is that I would rather be a male but still have a v****a...so look like a boy but be a herm i guess?...I prefer presenting as male..and I want to be addressed with male/Neutral pronouns when fitting (and always online). Sorry for that confusing jumble...I confuse myself >.<....anyhow yeah im here too....I just also feel like some of my desires and thoughts fall further from that as well at times, thats why I like GQ...mostly because I dont like labels and such to begin with and feel like the looser and broader the label the better for me at least....hope that wasnt too confusing...

^ Basically that was snippets of two chats I was having on separate forums smashed together...I really have NO idea what to call this or how to even feel good about it you know? If it was possible I want to be male but still have my v****a...idk...I hope I did an ok job explaining...

I'm kind of curious now to see what this GenderQueer looks like. I'm sure you can try to pass yourself as a few boyish man?  

TheWalkingThread

Fashionable Conversationalist

3,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

0ntogeny

Shameless Man-Lover

11,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:15 am
TheWalkingThread
0ntogeny

^ Basically that was snippets of two chats I was having on separate forums smashed together...I really have NO idea what to call this or how to even feel good about it you know? If it was possible I want to be male but still have my v****a as well as a p***s...idk...I hope I did an ok job explaining...

I'm kind of curious now to see what this GenderQueer looks like. I'm sure you can try to pass yourself as a few boyish man?
huh? sorry i was confused by your response. and I already am mostly presenting as a male and have never been mistaken for female so I know I pass lol (but yeah a femmy gay guy look)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:22 am
0ntogeny
TheWalkingThread
0ntogeny

^ Basically that was snippets of two chats I was having on separate forums smashed together...I really have NO idea what to call this or how to even feel good about it you know? If it was possible I want to be male but still have my v****a...idk...I hope I did an ok job explaining...

huh? sorry i was confused by your response. and I already am mostly presenting as a male and have never been mistaken for female so I know I pass lol (but yeah a femmy gay guy look)

One of my best friends in highschool is this very boyish looking girl. I mean, when I say she looks boyish... It's hard to see any adult or female qualities in her.  

TheWalkingThread

3,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

0ntogeny

Shameless Man-Lover

11,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:20 am
TheWalkingThread
0ntogeny
TheWalkingThread
0ntogeny

One of my best friends in highschool is this very boyish looking girl. I mean, when I say she looks boyish... It's hard to see any adult or female qualities in her.
ah yes I see, I am pretty androgynous looking naturally. Once I put makeup on I look very feminine though, but without it I look like a young femboy. Even when I am not necessarily trying to be passable I still get called "he" by people I dont know which is honestly great. but some days I just really want to put makeup on (but I dont see that as a female trait I just like makeup/costumes/dressing up)

makeup me: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

makeup-less me:User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:50 pm
I think genderqueer is a good label to use if you are comfortable with it. I am female and identify as such but my mannerisms are often what pass for masculine in society. In terms of dress I go from ultra femme to total butch just depending on how I want to dress on any given day. I think there is nothing wrong with that, be who you are, and don't worry about what others want you to be. Even though I do fall in with still identifying as a woman I know I am still on the spectrum of genderqueer and I am happy to use that phrase. As far as make up or not, maybe this comes from being in theater, I see nothing wrong with anyone wearing makeup if its what they want to do.  

wildchildborn

Smitten Wife

16,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Married 100

0ntogeny

Shameless Man-Lover

11,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:10 pm
wildchildborn
I think genderqueer is a good label to use if you are comfortable with it. I am female and identify as such but my mannerisms are often what pass for masculine in society. In terms of dress I go from ultra femme to total butch just depending on how I want to dress on any given day. I think there is nothing wrong with that, be who you are, and don't worry about what others want you to be. Even though I do fall in with still identifying as a woman I know I am still on the spectrum of genderqueer and I am happy to use that phrase. As far as make up or not, maybe this comes from being in theater, I see nothing wrong with anyone wearing makeup if its what they want to do.
Yeah I agree with the makeup thing, I dont see makeup as anything sex/gender related...its just more of a for fun thing for me (I enjoy theater and cosplay as well)

Yeah I use the phrase mostly because it makes life simpler and easier to cope with for me.

Here Just One Example:
Example

I really do consider myself male, but at the same time where id rather have BOTH p***s and v****a, OR a p***s instead...I am not 100% against having a v****a...dont get me wrong I see myself as male but I rather be a mix of both in certain "parts" if you know what im saying? Like more of a herm...If I was MtF...id do a MtH and be a shemale...but sadly...they dont have a REAL option like that for FtM yet :/ if they did id risk it all for it...hoping my health issues wouldnt get in the way too too much sad ...but over all I do feel highly uncomfortable as a female and know I am male on the inside :/  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:56 am
0ntogeny
TheWalkingThread
0ntogeny
TheWalkingThread
0ntogeny

ah yes I see, I am pretty androgynous looking naturally. Once I put makeup on I look very feminine though, but without it I look like a young femboy. Even when I am not necessarily trying to be passable I still get called "he" by people I dont know which is honestly great. but some days I just really want to put makeup on (but I dont see that as a female trait I just like makeup/costumes/dressing up)

Wowza! Dayummmmmm guuurrrllll.... Hahaha. I have to say. You look amazing either way. Unfortunately. I only look one way. Like a man... It takes some effort for me to look fem... But It is achievable.  

TheWalkingThread

3,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

0ntogeny

Shameless Man-Lover

11,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:17 am
TheWalkingThread
0ntogeny
TheWalkingThread
0ntogeny
TheWalkingThread
0ntogeny

Wowza! Dayummmmmm guuurrrllll.... Hahaha. I have to say. You look amazing either way. Unfortunately. I only look one way. Like a man... It takes some effort for me to look fem... But It is achievable.
yeah i still only like male or neutral pronouns though lol

your mtf right?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:10 am
I consider myself genderfluid. I was never really comfortable identifying as female (which I was born) but neither did I feel right identifying as fully male. I feel fully female about 25% of the time--25% I feel more masculine, and the other 50% I don't feel close to either. My gender identity varies depending on the circumstance, so I really just identify as genderfluid.

On another note, when I was little I was so boyish-looking that when I went into the girls' bathroom all of the girls ran out screaming "THERE'S A BOY IN HERE!" and I got taken to the principal's office, where I had to explain that I was actually a girl, they just didn't realize it looking at me.  

ShalomTheStargazer

Festive Cutesmasher

9,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300

TheWalkingThread

3,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:52 pm
0ntogeny
TheWalkingThread
0ntogeny
TheWalkingThread
0ntogeny

your mtf right?

I Identify myself as bigender.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:13 pm
TheWalkingThread
0ntogeny
TheWalkingThread
0ntogeny
TheWalkingThread
0ntogeny

your mtf right?

oh ok sorry >.< I just wasnt 100% sure how you identified hun  

0ntogeny

Shameless Man-Lover

11,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

0ntogeny

Shameless Man-Lover

11,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:16 pm
ShalomTheStargazer
I consider myself genderfluid. I was never really comfortable identifying as female (which I was born) but neither did I feel right identifying as fully male. I feel fully female about 25% of the time--25% I feel more masculine, and the other 50% I don't feel close to either. My gender identity varies depending on the circumstance, so I really just identify as genderfluid.

On another note, when I was little I was so boyish-looking that when I went into the girls' bathroom all of the girls ran out screaming "THERE'S A BOY IN HERE!" and I got taken to the principal's office, where I had to explain that I was actually a girl, they just didn't realize it looking at me.
yeah I have had similar things happen. Just a few weeks ago I had to make a statement to the police (filed a complaint about a dog that was tied out and barking for 8 hours in the middle of the night after working a night shift UGG) and the cops thought I was a boy...just one example...have had stuff like this my whole life. I identify as a male...but a very flamboyant one...BUT a male none the less...would just be happier with both parts...hence the GQ label. but Still want addressed as a male and to present as one so closer to FtM but still not 100% I guess.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:43 pm
0ntogeny
TheWalkingThread
0ntogeny
TheWalkingThread
0ntogeny

your mtf right?

oh ok sorry >.< I just wasnt 100% sure how you identified hun

It's okay 4laugh I identify a Bigender because I have tendencies. But I don't loathe being a man. Because as yourself, I know I am very good looking as a man.  

TheWalkingThread

3,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
06. "Life Issues" - Advice & Counseling

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers