Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Alternative Lifestyles Guild

Back to Guilds

A safe place for anyone who identifies with the LGBTQ(IP) community and their allies. 

Tags: lesbian, gays, queer, transgender, LGBT 

Reply 07. Profile Forum [Introduce Yourself "Extended"]
Transgender Men and Women on Gaia Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheWalkingThread

Fashionable Conversationalist

3,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:37 pm
I've noticed that there are a lot of "Gender Benders" on Gaia. However, most of them do not claim to be Transgender/Transsexual.

So my question is... How many TG/TS's are on Gaia? and what about men and women that like them?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:33 pm
I am a MtF transsexual (3 years on hormones next month, woo!), but I don't know how many there are all told. There is a guild dedicated to the transgender community (at least one, I haven't really searched for any others), but it's essentially dead these days.  

Verienkeli

Girl-Crazy Genius

TheWalkingThread

3,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:45 pm
Verienkeli
I am a MtF transsexual (3 years on hormones next month, woo!), but I don't know how many there are all told. There is a guild dedicated to the transgender community (at least one, I haven't really searched for any others), but it's essentially dead these days.
Oh! May I talk with you in private than? I kind of need some help and guidance.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:16 pm
TheWalkingThread
Verienkeli
Oh! May I talk with you in private than? I kind of need some help and guidance.

Certainly, I'll try to help however I can. smile  

Verienkeli

Girl-Crazy Genius

Dr. OCD

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:00 am
I'm a transman. I've been out for six years. I've been on testosterone for a little over two years. I'm 5 weeks post-op. I have all of my legal documents changed (name and gender). (I still need to change my passport and the gender on my Social Security... but I don't go out of the country and I'm not in a rush).  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:52 am
TheWalkingThread
I've noticed that there are a lot of "Gender Benders" on Gaia. However, most of them do not claim to be Transgender/Transsexual.

So my question is... How many TG/TS's are on Gaia? and what about men and women that like them?
Well, I was born a female, but I identify as a Male, I do however enjoy looking like a female some days...maybe mostly because I get compliments a lot...who knows :/ but if I had one wish it would be to be a real man sad -sighs- If I had to pick a label id say im "GenderQueer" for now I guess...not really sure :/ my feelings about gender and sex are complex and I feel that they are hard to put a label on. All I know is that I would rather be a male...I prefer presenting as male..and I want to be addressed with male/Neutral pronouns when fitting (and always online). Sorry for that confusing jumble...I confuse myself >.<....anyhow yeah im here too.

0ntogeny

Shameless Man-Lover

11,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

TheWalkingThread

3,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:17 am
Dr. OCD
I'm a transman. I've been out for six years. I've been on testosterone for a little over two years. I'm 5 weeks post-op. I have all of my legal documents changed (name and gender). (I still need to change my passport and the gender on my Social Security... but I don't go out of the country and I'm not in a rush).
How does post-op for FtM work? I know how they do it for MtF but not the other way around.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:18 am
0ntogeny
TheWalkingThread

Well, I was born a female, but I identify as a Male, I do however enjoy looking like a female some days...maybe mostly because I get compliments a lot...who knows :/ but if I had one wish it would be to be a real man sad -sighs- If I had to pick a label id say im "GenderQueer" for now I guess...not really sure :/ my feelings about gender and sex are complex and I feel that they are hard to put a label on. All I know is that I would rather be a male...I prefer presenting as male..and I want to be addressed with male/Neutral pronouns when fitting (and always online). Sorry for that confusing jumble...I confuse myself >.<....anyhow yeah im here too.

I think I prefer the term bigender for myself. Because a lot of the time I'm very masculine. But there are days where I just want to switch.  

TheWalkingThread

3,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

0ntogeny

Shameless Man-Lover

11,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:34 am
TheWalkingThread
0ntogeny
TheWalkingThread

I think I prefer the term bigender for myself. Because a lot of the time I'm very masculine. But there are days where I just want to switch.
Yeah that is an agreeably good term as well, I just also feel like some of my desires and thoughts fall further from that as well at times, thats why I like GQ...mostly because I dont like labels and such to begin with and feel like the looser and broader the label the better for me at least.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:00 am
0ntogeny
TheWalkingThread
0ntogeny
TheWalkingThread

Yeah that is an agreeably good term as well, I just also feel like some of my desires and thoughts fall further from that as well at times, thats why I like GQ...mostly because I dont like labels and such to begin with and feel like the looser and broader the label the better for me at least.
I can definitely agree with you. It's just more confusing than anything really because of the stigma.  

TheWalkingThread

3,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

0ntogeny

Shameless Man-Lover

11,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:05 am
TheWalkingThread
0ntogeny
TheWalkingThread
0ntogeny
TheWalkingThread

I can definitely agree with you. It's just more confusing than anything really because of the stigma.
yep exactly and what i find amazing (no one here yet) but on a lot of trans communities iv joined in the past people seemed to be a bit too obsessed with lables and organizing everyone into little holes and when people were in the spectrum but hard to catagorize they get treated different which i think is bs....we are all on a rough enough journey and support from eachother is the best thing in the world right now. but yeah enough of my rant lol

its nice to meet you :3  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:46 pm
TheWalkingThread
Dr. OCD
How does post-op for FtM work? I know how they do it for MtF but not the other way around.

Well I had top surgery. So I had a bilateral mastectomy.  

Dr. OCD

the Winter Nocturne

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:20 pm
You know, this is such an interesting topic. And sex versus gender seems like a constant battle for those who aren't 100% aligned with their gender as their sex.

I once told someone I feel a small degree bigender, and they laughed at me, telling me I wasn't and that I'm just a girl. I was offended, saddened, and embarrassed and I never brought it up to a single person again. I'm comfortable being born female and identifying as female, but there is that occasional thought in the back of my head that I wouldn't mind being called by either pronouns, or that possibly I might want to act and dress differently some days than usual. Sadly, though, when you're bigender a lot of people don't really understand and it's hard to express.

I wish you luck in finding where you want to be in life. : )

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:54 pm
0ntogeny
TheWalkingThread
0ntogeny
TheWalkingThread
0ntogeny
TheWalkingThread

yep exactly and what i find amazing (no one here yet) but on a lot of trans communities iv joined in the past people seemed to be a bit too obsessed with lables and organizing everyone into little holes and when people were in the spectrum but hard to catagorize they get treated different which i think is bs....we are all on a rough enough journey and support from eachother is the best thing in the world right now. but yeah enough of my rant lol

its nice to meet you :3

Yeah I used to be a part of a community and it's funny to notice how they're constantly calling each other out on either not being passable enough, or being too passable.

Nice to meet you also. smile  

TheWalkingThread

3,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

TheWalkingThread

3,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:55 pm
the Winter Nocturne
You know, this is such an interesting topic. And sex versus gender seems like a constant battle for those who aren't 100% aligned with their gender as their sex.

I once told someone I feel a small degree bigender, and they laughed at me, telling me I wasn't and that I'm just a girl. I was offended, saddened, and embarrassed and I never brought it up to a single person again. I'm comfortable being born female and identifying as female, but there is that occasional thought in the back of my head that I wouldn't mind being called by either pronouns, or that possibly I might want to act and dress differently some days than usual. Sadly, though, when you're bigender a lot of people don't really understand and it's hard to express.

I wish you luck in finding where you want to be in life. : )

I tried to express it to someone recently and they just looked at me like I was an Idiot. It's so hard to find support for such right now.  
07. Profile Forum [Introduce Yourself "Extended"]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff