Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Alternative Lifestyles Guild

Back to Guilds

A safe place for anyone who identifies with the LGBTQ(IP) community and their allies. 

Tags: lesbian, gays, queer, transgender, LGBT 

Reply 15. GLBTA News
Greek Abuse and Imprisonment of Trans* Individuals

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheDramaticMurderer

Dapper Bloodsucker

3,450 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:49 pm
Greek authorities have stepped up their game of cleansing the streets of those they call "undesirables." This began with any who appeared to be immigrants, as well as supposed sex-workers. They have imprisoned immigrants in work camps and refused to pay them, effectively making them slaves. Recently, fire was opened upon 200 prisoners who attempted to protest.

However, Greek authorities have recently set their sights on a new group of "undesirables." Trans* individuals. Beginning on May 30th, raids were held daily on the city of Thessaloniki, Greece's second largest city. Under the facade of ensuring that trans* peoples weren't in the sex industry, they were rounded up, arrested, and forcibly subjected to HIV testing.

Trans* individuals have been ordered to "return to normal," lest they face arrest for "sexual impropriety," or "public indecency." If arrested, they could be forced into the interment camps with the imprisoned immigrant workers.

You can sign a petition to stop help the abuse and imprisonment of trans* individuals here: x

[Full Story]  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:20 pm
This is crazy I can't believe this is happening in the world I'm growing up in. I never thought that this could ever happen.  

ahoy-dyke-o

15. GLBTA News

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff