[FIN] Wandering the Woods (Ceres and Galious) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Argentum Draconis

Enduring Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:47 pm
Galious nodded. "I think you'd be a very good teacher for anyone wanting to learn." he said. He noted her blush and thought it made her more lovely. Although he didn't think it would be polite to mention it so kept that fact to himself.

He moved a little further up the path and looked around. "Seems all clear for the moment, no one around." he turned back towards her and motioned with his head. "You can actually see the plains out there through the trees. We're close enough. It's also why it's so much brighter here." he caught her double meaning, but decided that she didn't mean them in anything other than just how to find warriors and get her home back. He wasn't even sure how he would go about finding out if she was interested in anything more between them beside friendship. He knew he was, even though he'd only known her since this morning, but he felt that there was a sort of bond between them. He could be wrong, but he felt that she was the mare he'd been waiting for, the one he could make his lady.

He sighed to himself. He didn't want to overwhelm her, her experiences outside her valley were so limited he didn't want to scare her. Well nothing to do but be patient, and wait it out. An opportunity would present itself when it was "time" for such gestures.

"We can get some lunch just under the trees, if you'd like before striking out." he said putting away his thoughts. "Whenever you're ready, Milady." he said with a smile.

Faithofthefallen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:53 am

Her blush darkened and she lowered her eyes modesty, "Thank you, I've never tried teaching anyone anything, but it would make me happy to pass this knowledge on to anyone who wants it."

She continued to follow him up the path and turned her head when he spoke, squinting her eyes a bit to peer through the trees. Now that he mentioned it, she had noticed the trunks were growing farther and farther apart, breaking up the thick canopy in places to allow shafts of light to illuminate the forest floor. She stared at the plains with eyes as wide as dinner plates, there were no trees, just a vast sea of grass that waved and billowed in the breeze. No trees for shelter from the elements or places to hide from enemies. Despite herself, she felt daunted and welcomed Galious' suggestion to postpone their venture out into this huge unknown. She nodded her agreement eagerly, "That sounds like sound reasoning, and I wouldn't mind a bit of a rest before we carry on." She lifted up each hoof one at a time and shook them, wincing, "I do hope this traveling grows easier over time. Otherwise its going to be a long trip."

She glanced over at Galious and smiled a bit sheepishly, hoping he wouldn't think her weak.

Lady Argentum Draconis

Faithofthefallen
Crew

Lady Argentum Draconis

Enduring Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:33 pm
"I'm sure there are lots who would like to learn." he said with a smile.

He watched her look out at the vastness of the plains. What did she see out there, he wondered. Her salvation? The way home? He saw what could have been the faintest trace of fear flick across her face but he couldn't be sure. He smiled a bit at her agreeing to his suggestion for lunch and lead her over to a little sheltered spot where the grass could grow, but still offered the safety of the trees if they needed to bolt. "Oh, I'm sure you'll toughen up soon enough." he said teasingly and giving her a playful nudge. "Pretty soon you'll be outpacing me and I'll be asking for all the breaks." he smiled encouragingly, hoping he was putting at least some of her worries at ease. To be honest he wasn't thrilled with the idea of leaving his domain, there were so many things he didn't know about out there, and he wasn't sure he could protect Ceres from them all, a thought that greatly disturbed him.

Well nothing for it, he'd do the best he could, if not better than his best and that was all he could expect of himself. "Take all the time you need to collect yourself. We'll move out when you're ready." he said then set himself to filling his own belly.

Faithofthefallen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:24 am

"We'll see." She replied doubtfully but with good humor. It that was the case, she hoped it was soon her small hooves throbbed from their extended use, she was disappointed that she was already so weary. Ceres was not one to hide from unpleasant truths, she knew she was soft from leading such a sheltered life and felt something like a lamb walking into a wolves' den. She had no idea what to expect from this journey, so she would just take it one leg at a time and use this opportunity to learn as much as possible. She felt much better knowing she would not do it alone. Perhaps Galious was not the most worldly stallion either, but he knew more than her, and she enjoyed his company.

Ceres set about consuming her lunch with relish, trying to push unpleasant thoughts and worries from her mind. There was nothing she could do about any of it now. When they finished she stared at the plains for a long time, her heart seeming to pound in her ears and her legs itching to carry her back the other direction. She steeled herself and straightened her shoulders, she was a harvest goddess, she has a responsibility to her home and to the creatures that lived there. She would not let evil reign in her valley so long as she had breath in her body, that meant she was going to have to make quite a few scary decisions in the times ahead, walking out onto the bare plains was probably one of the least of them, if she couldn't manage this, she had no business starting this quest in the first place. There simply were no other options. Forcing a small smile for Galious' sake, she swallowed hard and nodded with determination. "Lets Go!"

Lady Argentum Draconis
Did you want to keep going with this or do a time skip either here or in a new thread?

Faithofthefallen
Crew

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:06 pm
-FIN-  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers