Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Madwolf023

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:21 pm
Little Cat Cafe
Scientia's Home
The Little Cat Cafe is a small sweet shop that only has a few customers at a time. One might wonder how it even survives, even as it stays open twenty-four seven. However, one customer stays the same, no matter what the time is, or who is managing sales at the time. His coffee cup is constantly being refilled, his hands either writing, grasping at the cup, or scribbling furiously away into the tiny book he carries with him. Every now and then, someone will sit across from him, ordering a cup of tea and a ham sandwhich. It's at this time that he opens his mouth, the only time he is ever distracted from his work. The script is the same every time.

'Welcome. You have business with me?' And in the Little Cat Cafe, Scientia conducts his orchastra, and music plays. The concert of information has begun, and Scientia will guide you through the dance. Just try not to trip.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:51 am
Scientia

Hello God of Information

Everything you've ever known is stuck up here.

User Image

In your mind

And every secret is for sale

Every Secret that is.....

Who you are?

Because the poor boy oh so long ago?

Died. All hail Scientia

A waitress hurried over to Scientia. "Turn on the-" Scientia raised his left hand, currently not flipping through the pages of the journal he held next to him.
"I know my dear. War is brewing my dear. I have a feeling we will be quite busy soon. Call all the staff. The rotation is going to change from one/fourth on to three/fourths on." The waitress curtsied and turned away, running to the telephones. "Oh, and don't worry. They'll get overtime." And Scientia took a sip of his cooling coffee. "That is, if we can survive this one." The words were barely audible, mumbled under his breath. This war, he could feel in his bones, was not one where you wanted to be someone on the front lines, nor someone important. Fun times had arrived.

Madwolf023

B L A S F 0 A M Y

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:15 pm
User ImageUser Image

••••••

Walking about Novum Fulgur was making Sirus a bit anxious. Ever since Tank and he had decided to end their "employment", they had been on the run. He just wanted to get them out of the faction as soon as possible. Tank on the other hand had no problem walking about. "We should stop off for a bit of tea, or something. Take a rest for a minute," She called out to Sirus before putting a cigarette to her lips to light it. Letting out a cloud of smoke shortly after. At a quick glance, she saw a group of unsavory characters. With a slight scowl, she took another drag of her cigarette.
              "Yeah, time to go inside," She said after grabbing his arm, and pulling him away. As soon as they were a little further out of sight, they started to run. Darting through alleys, dodging people, never stopping to look back. Tank sensed they were following close behind. Quickly turning a corner, and barging into the Little Cat Cafe. They both shut the door behind them, leaning against it. Taking a quick look around, to make sure there wasn't any immediate threats inside. "Yeah, do you guys have tea here?" Tank called out to the gentleman. "What she means to say is, sorry for barging in here like this." He said with a light chuckle, nudging Tank with his elbow. "Right, Tank?" Looking over to the gentleman. Tank just shrugged it off, and nodded.

••••••

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:13 pm
Scientia

Hello God of Information

User Image

In your mind

Except who you are.

Died. All hail Scientia

"Sally, could you bring two cups of tea for the guests. And a refill please for my coffee." Scientia looked at the two new comers to the Little Cat Cafe. He merely nodded when Sally called out to the backroom for the orders. He looked down to the journal he was currently scribbling away in. "Now please, what may I call you?" He asked. A quick up and down look at them revealed alot of information. Both seemed very fit, if tired and a bit ragged. Seemingly on the run. From what though? The war hadn't started yet, though it seemingly would at any moment. Tank, the name was familiar. Yes, of course, he remembered it now. One of the participants at an intense training program. He had filed it away for later. Meaning, the lad he was speaking to was almost certainly Sirius. Known assassin and bounty hunter. Truly a man who did any job he was given. Interesting.

Of course, Scientia was too much of a Gentleman to reveal he knew what he had figured out about them. Instead, he pushed an ash tray towards Tank. He personally detested smoking, but this was a cafe. He couldn't expect everyone to subscribe to his health habits. He motioned for them to sit at his table. He hadn't really spoken to many people recently, the fear of war pushing away most customers. Still, this should provide an interesting diversion. He tapped his coffee mug twice. "And," Scientia continued, a moment after he asked for their names, "What can I do for you?"

Madwolf023

Arcine
Captain

Beloved Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:38 am
(Ah, duh, this this is where you guys have been.)  
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:05 am
(Yep Yep)  

Madwolf023

Arcine
Captain

Beloved Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:54 pm
Madwolf023
(Yep Yep)

(Feel free to hit us up whenever you move to the other topic.)  
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:48 pm
User ImageUser Image

••••••

Sirus walked over to the table which Sientia was sitting, with a big smile. "Thank you for your hospitality, the name is Sirus. As I mentioned, the silent lady over there is Tank. And we aren't really looking for anything in particular," Still smiling, though analyzing Scientia as he spoke. He seemed to be a very observant man himself, constantly taking notes. Mean while Tank was still standing close to the wall, next to the window. Keeping an eye out for the shady characters they had previously almost encountered. Cigarette still in her mouth, she slowly inhaled. She stood there silent, and completely still for a good moment before finally joining the men. Snubbing her cigarette out in the ash tray Scientia had provided. "Thank you for the tea." She said softly before taking the cup, and a seat at the table. "What exactly is your business, Mr....?" Sirus asked as he filled what seemed like half his cup with sugar. Giving it a good stir before drinking most of it down. Tank also eagerly poured a lot of sugar into her tea before drinking hers. Sitting quietly, waiting to see what would come next. She couldn't help but give Scientia a good look up and down. He seemed very clean cut for Novum Fulgur. She was extremely curious to hear what Scentia would say in response to Sirus. She looked away from Scientia and over to Sirus. Giving him a look that reassured him that no danger she could sense was present. Meaning they were safe... For now.

[ooc;;i swear i am ususally better, just taking a minute to get my juices going.>.<]

••••••

B L A S F 0 A M Y

Madwolf023

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:31 am
Scientia

Hello God of Information

User Image

In your mind

Except who you are.

Died. All hail Scientia

"I've gone by many names in my life. But most people call me Scientia. And as for my business? Well, I own this shop if that is what you mean." Scientia smiled softly. He doubted that was what Sirus meant by what was his business, but then again; wasn't everyone entitled to a secret or two? "Would you like some menus?" Scientia asked, then gave a wave of his hand, calling over a waiter to his side. "I know that the soup here is extremely good." He took hold of the two menus that the waiter held in his hand, passing them to Tank and Sirus. "Anyway Mister Sirus, it seems as if the two of you are tired, so I simply insist on you resting here for a while." Scientia stood up from where he was sitting, taking the time to stretch his legs. "I admit I have alterior motives for asking the two of you to stay here a few hours. Business has been slow recently; and I haven't had the opportunity to socialize as much as I would like to. Indeed I find myself bored with merely running through accounts every moment of every day. He flipped open the journal he kept. All of it full of numbers, letters and dots. It was encoded to look exactly like a ledger, keeping balance of the checkbooks. Of course; the Little Cat Cafe had not made profit for years. Scientia prefered it that way. Not that the food wasn't good, he just prefered to be under the radar. Everything was perfectly legal. They paid taxes like good citizens, and reported honest earnings and wages. It was merely Scientia's vast wealth that kept this place up and running, and out of dereliction.

However that was beyond the point. The journal was coded to look like Scientia was constantly balancing the budget, trying to find ways to make the cafe profitable. However, in fact, it was Scientia's diary, each page with a code that differed from the last. Impossible to crack, unless if you knew the code itself. Scientia would know, he created the code.

"As you can see, I've been balancing the budget here for days now, and finally to have some customers, it is a delight. So please, make an old man happy and stay a few hours, chewing the fat as some might say." Scientia sat back down. He looked at Sirus before shifting to Tank. Now there was a mystery worth investigating. Sirus; he was an interesting one, but Scientia felt as if he had figured that one out. A man with a keen eye, who tried his best to hide it. Over-simplification of course, but seemingly accurate. Tanks lack of words, however, seemed to hold a much more puzzling mystery for him to solve. He took the last sip of this cup of coffee, raising it in the air for a refill. However that could wait. His coffee was more important right now.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:35 am
User ImageUser Image

••••••

Sirus gave a half smile after hearing Scientia's response. Feeling his stomach growl after hearing him speak of menus, and food. With a raised brow, he looked to Tank; as if to ask if they could stay. She then turned her attention to Scientia, her expression was blank, almost cold. And though she hated to admit it, Scientia was right. They were both tired, and could use a good rest before embarking upon their journey. She gave a small, soft smile. "We appreciate your kindness, Mister Scientia."

And with that Sirus began to look over the menu, a big smile on his face. Both of them kept a careful eye on Scientia as he stood. Tank shifted in her seat a little out of pure reaction. But once he had began to speak she once again realized he wasn't a threat.. as of now. "Bored? In Novum Fulgur? I suppose as a simple shop owner, life could prove to be rather dull." Tank stated not realizing how brash she was. She had been raised differently from most, manners and filters weren't really apart of her. Sirus however had been taken at an older age, so he immediately looked up from the menu. "She didn't mean that rude. Sorry, lil' Tank here is a bit of wild one. Never know what she'll say next." He said with a chuckle trying to ease the tension if any. Tank simply shrugged as Scientia sat back down at the table.

Pulling a cigarette from her pack, and lighting it. "I'll have a bowl of soup, and some bread if you have it." She said with a cloud of smoke to the waiter, never taking her eyes of Scientia. "And I will have the same thing. Please, and thank you." Sirus said to the waiter with a smile, handing him both the menus before he walked off.

"Any other.. hobbies?" Sirus asked Scientia with a smile. Sirus was always smiling, even when he was brutally dismembering some poor soul. Twisted being he was. Noticing the stare down that was currently going down between his companion and the man. He couldn't help but try and break the silence.

••••••

B L A S F 0 A M Y

Madwolf023

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:01 pm
Scientia

Hello God of Information

User Image

In your mind

Except who you are.

Died. All hail Scientia

Scientia waved off Tank's abrupt rudeness. It wasn't the rudest a customer has been towards him. Indeed, she merely was curious. "Yes I do get bored as a small shop owner here. Especially when no one comes by for stretches of time." He turned his gaze towards Sirus "As for hobbies, I guess one would say I like to solve puzzles. It helps keep my mind sharp." Scientia tried to keep his answer as vague as possible. Even if neither side had ill-intent to the other; this was a battle of wits. See who could get the other to admit something first. Ruthless fighting under a guise of pleasant conversation. Sally came over, refilling his coffee cup, and his eyes peeled themselves off of his 'guests'.

Taking a small sip, Scientia released a content sigh. Now, it was back to the chase. "If you don't mind me asking, what brought you to my little quaint shop in the middle of the bustling metropolis?" He asked politely, his gaze intent on Tank. That was the way to gleam information. Sirus was probably too good to give away his intent. Tank, however, might just let something slip.. He could give a few guesses, but he couldn't say that any of them were more right than any of the others unless if Sirus or Tank gave some clue. He took another sip of his coffee; wondering what lie, (or omission, Scientia reminded himself. It didn't have to be a lie) Sirus would give him.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:55 pm
User ImageUser Image

••••••

As Sally walked off, Tank shifted in her seat folding one arm over. Still smoking her cigarette, her gaze still intently upon Scientia. Why was he so curious? He sure knew how to dance around with his inquiries for a simple shop owner... He seemed extremely interesting to Tank. There was most definitely more than meets the eye with this one.

Sirus smiled a little to Scientia's response about hobbies. Quite the dance this was becoming. "Well Tank and I here were just on a little stroll through town. When we came upon your shop, and we simply had to stop by." His smile still remained the same. His gaze still bouncing from Tank to Scientia. Sirus could tell Scientia knew more than he was letting them believe. But he wasn't trying to upset the situation at the time. For all he knew the men they were running from could be close by. The last thing he wanted to do was get thrown out and put the two of them back in harms way.

Tank was still staring down Scientia, slowly smoking her cigarette. "If it's so boring, why do you still stay here? You said yourself customers aren't too frequent. I imagine it would be hard to make ends meet just by owning this shop alone." She asked as Sally came back with their soup, placing it in front of them both. Neither of them moved. At this point, they were far more interested with the shop owner than they food they served.

••••••

B L A S F 0 A M Y

Madwolf023

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:00 pm
Scientia

Hello God of Information

User Image

In your mind

Except who you are.

Died. All hail Scientia

Scientia laughed. "It would seem that way wouldn't it?" Scientia nodded at Tank's statement. "Well, I assure you, I often prefer the quiet that such a business entails. Time for an old man to simply relax." He chuckled. "But, even a solitary man sometimes seeks company after long periods of isolation." He motioned his hands towards the outside. "This talk of war, it drives away customers. They either join the military or try to run West in order to avoid the war. But it will catch up to them, eventually. And I'll still be here; drinking coffee and collecting money." Scientia took another sip of coffee, as if to emphasis his point.

"You know, I once read a story long ago. Back when I was merely a boy. It was just a story, but one line resonated quite strongly with me that I remember it to this day." Scientia paused, recalling the book. While he did remember that line quite well. Of course, he recalled the whole story, but this one line seemed to have wormed its way deep inside his brain. "Brilliant men are limited by what they know to be impossible. Stupid men have no limits because they know not what is impossible. Therefore I would rather be a stupid man, with the limitless potential for growth, than a brillant man who is limited by what I know is impossible." Scientia had closed his eyes as he spoke, quoting the line perfectly. "I disagree with the author on most of what he said, but he had one correct point you know. If you truly believe something is impossible, then it becomes impossible." Scientia was quiet a moment, the smile slipping off his face. However, just a second passed, and the plesant smile that graced his features had returned. "I don't know if that has any revelence to you two, or any children these days to be frank. But I believe that the message has it's merit, if you'd excuse an old man his rambling speech." His eyes shifted from it's intense gaze on Tank to a inquisitive stare at Sirus. Really, the story had no point, except to perhaps throw Sirus off the trail; and to mark Scientia as perhaps a bit of a batty old man.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:47 pm
User ImageUser Image

••••••

As Scientia went on some random tangent, Sirus had finished his and Tank's soup. While Tank simply sat and smoked her cigarette. Wondering why he was trying to distract the two of them from asking him questions. But what did she care, he obviously had no business with them. Or maybe he did, but if that was the case, why try and change the subject?

She looked over to Sirus, giving him a slight nod before snubbing her cigarette out. "Well Mister Scientia, as we said before we are very grateful for your hospitality. But we don't wish to wear out our welcome. So we're going to take our leave." Tank stood up, taking a few steps away from the table. Sirus left some money one the table before taking his leave as well. "Thanks for the tea." Tank said softly before waving a good bye. "Yes, thanks again. And good luck with everything..."Sirus said before the two of them walked out of the shop.

"We need to get the hell out of this faction." Tank said looking up to Sirus, who just gave a nod in response. They both darted into the nearest alley way, jumping and tumbling around in a parkour like fashion. The two of them were very swift, and had quick reflexes. Being trained killers had its perks to say the least. As they were running rampant around Novum Fulgar Tank couldn't help but find herself thinking about Scientia. 'What a strange man... He is hiding something' But she just shook it off, she would have to wait for another time to figure him out. Right now they needed to focus on finding some work so they could get out of here.

[[ooc;;Arcine asked me to join the main Novum Fulgar forum. You should join too??]]

••••••

B L A S F 0 A M Y

Madwolf023

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:51 am
Scientia

Hello God of Information

User Image

In your mind

Except who you are.

Died. All hail Scientia

Scientia smiled, motioning over Sally. "Did you put the micro transmitters into their tea?" Sally nodded, Scientia grinned. "Such fascinating things, these micro transmitters. So tiny, able to be absorbed into the blood. Impossible to detect..... unless if you have the right equipment scanning the right frequency. Sally, if they are coming back to the shop, I want it open. Those two are quite interesting. Also, open up files on the two of them and this mysterious corporation. If they ever come back, and know who I am, I want us to be ready. Understand?" Sally nodded, and Scientia grinned. A game had begun. Still, there was the larger game that Scientia had to keep an eye on. Even he couldn't multitask everything. No matter though, everything was lining up perfectly.
((OOC:Eh Scientia is less of a faction player and more of a self-player. Okay, that did not come out right.))

Role-Play 1 - Sovereign

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff