Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sex Education Guild

Back to Guilds

Know your body, love your body, be safe, be healthy, be wise. 

Tags: Sex Ed, Birth Control, LGBT, STDs, Pregnancy 

Reply Sex Education Main Forum
Pubic Hair. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

taking-risks

Friendly Fatcat

5,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:19 pm
sweatdrop
OMG Aural Sex
I would say a close trim would be sufficient since I would think your thighs would stay relatively closed. (Not said to be mean or judgmental, just an observations of typical beach behavior).

Also, make sure your bottoms fit well. Sounds silly, but if your bottoms are too loose it will hang open and expose yourself. If it is too tight there won't be enough fabric to cover.

I just got a new bikini today and now I'm worried it's too loose...But I see what you mean.

I'm just worried because one time at my like...7th grade birthday party, one of my friends jumped into the pool and I totally saw her pubes and it was gross.

I don't want to be that girl.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:20 pm
OMG Aural Sex
taking-risks
Nadira
taking-risks
Nadira
As a fellow swimmer, I know what this is like, too. I usually just carefully shaved the area where the suit did not cover. I never was very comfortable being completely shaved while in a swim suit.

For the removal of hair, I carefully use Nair in those areas. Be very careful not to get any hair on the inner lips, because you will burn yourself. But it is possible to do it safely, and have it be effectively.

If using a razor is possible, go for it. Like with anything, be very careful.

I was never into the idea of letting the bush hang out. I just don't find it productive. (Ever get a long hair stuck between your suit, and have it pull? Ow). Nor, do I think it is very attractive...(Queer or not, I don't like it).

Anyways, hope that helped.

Thank you so much! That is an amazing idea to use nair, if I do end up getting rid of the hair. Is it just called Nair? Sorry, I've only seen commercials.(: I'm going to look for it next time I go to CVS.

Oh and I do get long hair stuck down there. It sucks. Hurts like a b***h!

I currently use a product that is registered as "Nair". I'm not a fan of the Hanson products, because they always irritated my skin, so I look for products that have Aloe and other moisturizers/soothers added to them.

I recently read in a magazine about using wax for the bikini line. The article spoke about using a wax that only needs about 15 seconds to be heated up, and can be a thicker wax that goes on thin. I haven't tried waxing, but you can research about it. I had bought the wax strips, but were never successful with getting them to work properly.

Yeah, Nair is sold at CVS. That's where I buy it, too. Any drug store typically carries the product.

Good luck.

Alright, thanks!(:

I have tried to use Nair on my pubic area. I HATED it. It was irritating and smelled awful. I usually use an electric trimmer (like one you would use to shave your head, not a facial one) and then shave for romantic special occasions.

Today, I went to CVS and put some on my arm to see if it worked and it did, but it does smell terrible. it didn't irritate my skin, though. Maybe it's because I didn't use it downstairs yet.

When you used it, did it work even though it was irritating?  

taking-risks

Friendly Fatcat

5,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

OMG Aural Sex

Original Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:25 pm
taking-risks
OMG Aural Sex
taking-risks
Nadira
taking-risks
Nadira
As a fellow swimmer, I know what this is like, too. I usually just carefully shaved the area where the suit did not cover. I never was very comfortable being completely shaved while in a swim suit.

For the removal of hair, I carefully use Nair in those areas. Be very careful not to get any hair on the inner lips, because you will burn yourself. But it is possible to do it safely, and have it be effectively.

If using a razor is possible, go for it. Like with anything, be very careful.

I was never into the idea of letting the bush hang out. I just don't find it productive. (Ever get a long hair stuck between your suit, and have it pull? Ow). Nor, do I think it is very attractive...(Queer or not, I don't like it).

Anyways, hope that helped.

Thank you so much! That is an amazing idea to use nair, if I do end up getting rid of the hair. Is it just called Nair? Sorry, I've only seen commercials.(: I'm going to look for it next time I go to CVS.

Oh and I do get long hair stuck down there. It sucks. Hurts like a b***h!

I currently use a product that is registered as "Nair". I'm not a fan of the Hanson products, because they always irritated my skin, so I look for products that have Aloe and other moisturizers/soothers added to them.

I recently read in a magazine about using wax for the bikini line. The article spoke about using a wax that only needs about 15 seconds to be heated up, and can be a thicker wax that goes on thin. I haven't tried waxing, but you can research about it. I had bought the wax strips, but were never successful with getting them to work properly.

Yeah, Nair is sold at CVS. That's where I buy it, too. Any drug store typically carries the product.

Good luck.

Alright, thanks!(:

I have tried to use Nair on my pubic area. I HATED it. It was irritating and smelled awful. I usually use an electric trimmer (like one you would use to shave your head, not a facial one) and then shave for romantic special occasions.

Today, I went to CVS and put some on my arm to see if it worked and it did, but it does smell terrible. it didn't irritate my skin, though. Maybe it's because I didn't use it downstairs yet.

I couldn't leave it on long enough to get the full effect, but I did lose some hair. BUT it left my down stair out of commission for almost a week. It was unpleasant.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:40 pm
I am freak and I hate body hair on myself. I shave, I never use shaving cream or scented soaps. I just take a shower wash it with warm water. Then put soap around the area make sure not to get any down or in your v****a. Then I shave. Waxing is horrible dont do any type of NAIR!  

MIdwestcore

taking-risks

Friendly Fatcat

5,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:46 pm
OMG Aural Sex
taking-risks
OMG Aural Sex
taking-risks
Nadira

Good luck.

Alright, thanks!(:

I couldn't leave it on long enough to get the full effect, but I did lose some hair. BUT it left my down stair out of commission for almost a week. It was unpleasant.

Ah, that sucks. Maybe I won't use it then.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:49 pm
taking-risks
OMG Aural Sex
taking-risks
OMG Aural Sex
taking-risks
Nadira

Good luck.

Alright, thanks!(:

That was my experience. Some people love it. Maybe try your underarm first. It is sensitive skin too.  

OMG Aural Sex

Original Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mega Tipsy 100

taking-risks

Friendly Fatcat

5,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:24 pm
OMG Aural Sex
taking-risks
OMG Aural Sex
taking-risks
OMG Aural Sex

That was my experience. Some people love it. Maybe try your underarm first. It is sensitive skin too.

Good idea. I'll buy some on Friday after I get paid.(:  
Sex Education Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces