Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:19 pm
User Image

Their walk didn't last too long. Taji made polite conversation along the way and found that Sayen was quite the enjoyable lioness to have around. She was bubbly and smart and had a very adorable laugh. Ah, if only there were more lions in the world like her, it would be a much happier place.

"We're almost there," he said as he continued to lead her to the wide stream. It was really more of a small river since it got fairly deep, but as of right now, during the dry season, it was only about half as wide and just barely deep enough to swim in. But that didn't make it flow any slower! The water rushed over the shallow parts, creating little waves that caught dead leaves and grass in tiny whirlpools. Nothing dangerous for a lion to hop through, but it would certainly swipe them off their feet if they landed funny.

"All right," he said, stopping in front of some large stones that were just barely above the water. They were wet from the constant splashing and some moss had grown in places, showing just how slippery they were. "We've arrived!"  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:40 am
User Image
Sayen padded beside Taji, taking in the stream that wasn't too far away. She glanced at Taji and smiled. He was very knowledgeable about the area and had interesting stories involving games. Yes, he currently did like to play. Sayen could appreciate that, she too enjoyed the lighter side of things while having a bit of fun.

Sayen eyes scanned the water and she noted its depth. Things weren't too crazy and manageable, but it would be a bit of a challenge. Good, she enjoyed playing, but didn't want to seriously get hurt. With how the water was now, she'd just get wet and a bit disoriented.

Before she could lose her nerve, Sayen took off and hopped from one stone to the next. Her momentum pushed her forward even though she was being to slip. Luckily, she started off with enough speed that when she did slip, her body rolled on the other side of the bank. Not very graceful, but she made it!

She laughed as she rolled over and turned back towards Taji. "I made it! Though I almost didn't!" Wait, now that she thought about it, hopefully that was the game: to make it across the stones. If not, then she got a good warm up.

SilverLutz

Skyflu
Crew

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:17 pm
Taji watched as Sayen plowed right ahead, taking on the stones without much difficulty at all. He laughed as she rolled onto the opposite bank, dry and safe. "I saw!" he called out over the babbling water, still grinning at her antics. Ah, now it was his turn. He hadn't done this in ages...but surely it was like hunting. Once you knew how to do it, you could just keep going and going without any problems.

He sized up his path before jogging towards the stream and on to the rocks. He made it about halfway before slipping. His claws came out, but all they dug in to was water. The next thing he knew, Taji was underwater and flailing about as he tried to get his feet back under him.

He came up spluttering but laughing, his soggy mane hanging in his eyes. "Oh...oh dear," he said, stumbling out of the stream onto the opposite side. "It seems I've lost my touch!"

Blu Chalk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:18 pm
Sayen grinned at Taji's praise. "I'm sure you'll do just find!" Secretly she wanted to win, but she cheered for him anyway. After all, Sayen was a good sport about things. Besides, Taji easily caught those leaves earlier, so she doubted he'd have little trouble in crossing these stones.

A paw shot up over her mouth in a surprised gesture when she noticed the first slip. When his body went completely in the water, she dashed over to the edge, ready to jump in as well if she noticed any struggling. When his head came up up laughing, Sayen's panic mood quickly morphed into laughter as well. She plopped on the ground a bit exhausted, but still laughing. "You scared me there for a second! I thought you weren't going to make it." He was a rather large lion and she was glad that he really didn't need her assistance. Sayen doubted she could do much, but hold his head above water. She was an accomplished swimmer, but supporting another creature's weight wouldn't work out too great. "So tell me, what other games do you play?"

Blu Chalk

Skyflu
Crew

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Taji shook himself out once he reached the bank, still chuckling to himself. Boy, he had failed pretty miserably on that little game. Ah well...it was nice to lose sometimes. It reminded you that you weren't perfect and could always improve your skills. He had to admit he was impressed with Sayen's ability to recover when she had slipped, especially for never having crossed the rocks before. Well, to the best of his knowledge, at any rate.

"Terribly sorry!" he said with a loud laugh. "My intent was never to scare. But we both made it, in one piece, you a bit drier than I. You win this one fair and square," he added with a wink after pushing his mane out of his eyes.

The question made him smile a bit more as his thoughts wandered back to his pride. Ah...he hadn't been gone for more than an hour but already he yearned to go back and see how the cubs were doing with their training.

"We play lots of games! Some big, some small," he explained as he tried to step the water out of his mane with his paws. "The main game we play takes quite a few players, but it's very fun. Very rough," he added. "Lots of bloodied noses and black eyes. But everyone has a good time!"

Blu Chalk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:42 pm
Sayen admired Taji's calm demeanor. He handled his loss with pride and humility. She's seen other creatures throw tantrums and act like big babies which is probably why she didn't take many things seriously. There's no point in fussing over situations that are only temporary... or aren't important. Though, Sayen understood that what she valued as important wasn't so with others.

She took a few steps back to get out of Taji's water radius. "We're even now!" She couldn't help but smile while she watched Taji step on his mane. It was a rather funny thing to witness. "Bloody noses doesn't sound that fun to me." Sayen enjoyed fun times, but getting hurt wasn't something high on her list of amusing activities. "I wouldn't mind watching though. It sounds like the players really get into it."

SilverLutz
Did you know there's a 3rd harry potter musical? I started watching it today. It's three and half hours long.

Skyflu
Crew

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:34 pm
"That we are," Taji agreed, liking the way that had turned out. As much as he enjoyed winning, he also loved seeing others succeed. It always opened his eyes when someone bested him at something, and he in turn would give them a large amount of his respect. Sayen was no exception. Now he had a very pretty, very talented lioness on his paws! Goodness, this was exciting.

"Oh, you don't really feel the pain. You're so caught up in the moment that it just adds fuel to the fire, and by the time to game is over, it's not bleeding anymore," he said cheerfully. "But you don't have to play that hard. That's just for the most intense of our pride members. And of course, it wouldn't be as fun without spectators to cheer the players on! I bet you'd be very good at that."

She was incredibly cheerful and in high spirits, after all. Sometimes the whole tone of the game could change just from the way the spectators reacted. If they got behind a failing team, the players on the field could rally behind the support and score a few more goals to take the lead.

Blu Chalk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:48 pm
Sayen continued to beam at Taji. She really enjoyed his humility. Though maybe things were a bit too good to be true. Here she was with a male that enjoyed competition without over doing it. A good balance. She mentally nodded to herself before scanning him up and down, trying to find any faults. It would be no surprise if he seemed normal at first and then crazy later.

She couldn't pick anything up so she beamed up at him. "I'm pretty sure I'd feel the pain as soon as I was hit." She laughed. "But you're right. The side lines sound more fun for me!" Her paws dug into the ground in front of her while she braced for a mock cheer. "GO GET'M!" She thrashed her tongue out and flailed her head around a bit. Take that for team spirit!

Laughter messed up her composer while she glanced over at the male. His pride did seem interesting and Sayen couldn't pass up an opportunity for entertainment. "You know, I'm rather curious about your pride. It sounds like a lot of fun!" In the back of her mind, she hoped it wasn't a bunch of hooligans that enjoyed rough housing. That wasn't her thing at all.

SilverLutz

Skyflu
Crew

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:00 am
The large lion let out a hearty laugh as Sayen gave her best crazy fan impersonation, and it was pretty spot-on. The games got pretty rough sometimes, but the fans were the really crazy ones. Yelling and roaring and coming up with funny chants and cheers, storming the playing field if their team won...ah, the fans were great. Without their enthusiasm, the games would be kind of boring.

"That's perfect," he said with a wink as his laughter died away. "That would get the spirits of any underdog team up and running, I think."

He tilted his head, his shaggy mane falling in his eyes just a bit. "Well. You can always come see it if you'd like. I wouldn't want to disrupt you from any journey you might be on, but we welcome visitors with open paws. Everyone and anyone can stop and rest for a bit with us if that's what they need."

He'd heard stories of prides that wouldn't let anyone in unless they joined, which in his mind was a bit cruel. What if the travelers were thirsty and needed a rest? There were those with not-so-good intentions out there, but he had a rough, tough pride that could easily chase them out.

Blu Chalk
I think the next post will be my last. My family is gonna be here for a few days but once they're gone we can get this pride up and running!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:52 pm
She nodded her head, taking note of Taji's description of a good fan. She didn't want to disappoint him and failure wasn't her style. Her paw jutted forward as she declared, "I'd always cheer for the underdog! They are the most exciting, especially if they win." Nothing got the heart pounding than an accomplished win, even if she wasn't the one putting in the hours.

She quickly jumped up in excitement. "Really?!" That sounded so cool to see his pride. If it was as sweet as he said it was, then Sayen was all in. "Nope, I'm not doing anything important. Just traveling the way side..." Her paw waved in the air in an absent sort of way. She could use a new adventure. "Lets go! I'd love to see it."

Her energy level easily equaled a cubs right now. She rocked on her heels waiting for Taji's response.

SilverLutz
Yeah! I'm good to go too. Duudddee i have mid terms in two weeks.... well one week I guess since everything will be due on week 5.

Skyflu
Crew

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:20 pm
"Perfect!"

Taji shook his mane out once more to free himself of any remaining water and set off along the small river bank. It would lead them to the center of his pride, where the games were held. Hopefully a team or two would be practicing so he could show Sayen just what the animals within his home were all about.

"Follow me, my coordinated friend, and I'll show you some pretty amazing things!"

He began to explain the rules of the main game to her as they walked, leaving behind only a large wet spot on the dry ground where he had emerged from the river just a few minutes prior.

Blu Chalk
Oh snap! Midterms already? That snuck up on you fast! Also I finally got the babiessss they're so adorabls D= Imma go write up some stuff in the googledoc thing for the contest for them.

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games