Submit

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:32 am
they met him on saturday at petsmart and he is such a clown. they had to wait until monday to call the foster home and ask about him. right after getting off the phone he was sent to the spca to be neutered today, and should get to come home later today after the drugs start to wear off.

no idea how old he is, we keep hearing different things. at petsmart they said 4 months, on the spca website they said 6 months, the foster said 8 months, and when my sister and i went to visity him at the shelter on monday they said 5 months. i hope he is really young because my dad really wants a big dog and rosco is being adopted for my dad

anyways, they still need to puppy proof parts of their house and get puppy food and puppy toys, but yesterday i gave them stowrm's old crate. my poor dingo went into a panic when i pulled it out, she really hates that thing lol.

also since i live 3 blocks away i get to play with the puppy, have all the fun without andy of the puppy headaches twisted

i hope to get some good pictures of rosco today when i go with my sister and dad to pick him up, hopefully i will get to post them tomorrow. i just cant find the charger for my camera battery so they may be bad phone pictures

ok, got to take one picture with my phone since i still cant find my camera charger. sorry the picture isnt better but i will try to take better pics later today.

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:29 pm
Are they going to change his name?  

Latrans

Devoted Inquisitor

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:00 pm
Latrans

My sister wanted to but my dad likes rosco, so rosco it is.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:06 pm
Shanna66
Latrans

It sounds like a villain from Oliver and Company.  

Latrans

Devoted Inquisitor

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:10 am
Latrans
Shanna66
Latrans

lol i know, but he seems like he is going to get into lots of trouble so i guess it may fit him. he is already driving their toy poodle insane, poor kala is smaller than him and he keeps wanting to play with her when all she wants to do is nap and cuddle with people, but they get along well enough.

since he had just been fixed we were kind of hoping he would be all looped up when we picked him up yesterday so we could do a nice, slow introduction to their cat. nope, puppy energy and excitement everywhere, their cat isnt very amused either lol  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:42 am
Shanna66
Latrans
Shanna66
Latrans

lol i know, but he seems like he is going to get into lots of trouble so i guess it may fit him. he is already driving their toy poodle insane, poor kala is smaller than him and he keeps wanting to play with her when all she wants to do is nap and cuddle with people, but they get along well enough.

since he had just been fixed we were kind of hoping he would be all looped up when we picked him up yesterday so we could do a nice, slow introduction to their cat. nope, puppy energy and excitement everywhere, their cat isnt very amused either lol

Heh, he sounds cute. What's he look like?  

Latrans

Devoted Inquisitor

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:24 pm
Latrans
Shanna66
Latrans
Shanna66
Latrans

i still havent gotten many good pics of him yet, but the spca posted up some pictures of him at the adoption event at petsmart last saturday when we first met him

here is the link to the pics they posted

just look for the brown puppy wearing the donation dog jacket.

my dad emailed me some pics but they arent loading on my computer, and my cellphone does not do well taking pictures of moving animals, at least stowrm will hold still for a moment.

and he is sooo brave, my sister and i took him and stowrm to petsmart today but when he first came over he hid behind my sister and did this full hound dog bark/howl at stowrm before going up to her  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:25 pm
Shanna66
Latrans
Shanna66
Latrans
Shanna66
Latrans

i still havent gotten many good pics of him yet, but the spca posted up some pictures of him at the adoption event at petsmart last saturday when we first met him

my dad emailed me some pics but they arent loading on my computer, and my cellphone does not do well taking pictures of moving animals, at least stowrm will hold still for a moment.

and he is sooo brave, my sister and i took him and stowrm to petsmart today but when he first came over he hid behind my sister and did this full hound dog bark/howl at stowrm before going up to her

he's cute! He looks like he might be a ridgeback mix.

I want a ridgeback. <3  

Latrans

Devoted Inquisitor

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:33 pm
Latrans
Shanna66
Latrans
Shanna66
Latrans

I want a ridgeback. <3

i will tell my sister that. she keeps asking me what breed i think he is, i thought maybe a coonhound mix but ive really got no idea. the shelter said german shepherd but i dont see it.

ridgebacks are cute. the guy who put in our water filter for the house said he had one. i dont know much about the breed other than they were used for lion hunting? i think i remember hearing that on an episode of dogs101 but i could very well be wrong  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:35 pm
Shanna66
Latrans
Shanna66
Latrans
Shanna66
Latrans

I want a ridgeback. <3

i will tell my sister that. she keeps asking me what breed i think he is, i thought maybe a coonhound mix but ive really got no idea. the shelter said german shepherd but i dont see it.

ridgebacks are cute. the guy who put in our water filter for the house said he had one. i dont know much about the breed other than they were used for lion hunting? i think i remember hearing that on an episode of dogs101 but i could very well be wrong

Yep. They're a cur, and they're supposed to be fierce, intelligent, loyal, active dogs. I would actually really enjoy one someday.  

Latrans

Devoted Inquisitor

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:01 pm
hes a handsome, big pup xD I wasnt expecting one so large! how is he fitting in at home?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:39 pm
Cowgirl-with-heart
hes a handsome, big pup xD I wasnt expecting one so large! how is he fitting in at home?

kala still isnt fond of him, he is weel potty trained so far, only 3 accidents alltogether and one was at my house.

he came over today for a playdate with stowrm. they were jumping all over each other and chewing on each other's faces. they were so tired by the end of their playdate but they didnt want to stop playing so they would lay down for a quick moment then back to being all over each other.

and he has such a hound dog howl, he keeps barking at everything, but my dad wanted a barky dog. he is a little gaurdy over toys but he is super easy to train so i dont think it will be an issue so long as my dad and sister n** it in the butt now. he already comes when called most of the time and can even sit.

i want to borrow him for a day so i can clicker train him lol  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:20 pm
Shanna66
Cowgirl-with-heart

kala still isnt fond of him, he is weel potty trained so far, only 3 accidents alltogether and one was at my house.

he came over today for a playdate with stowrm. they were jumping all over each other and chewing on each other's faces. they were so tired by the end of their playdate but they didnt want to stop playing so they would lay down for a quick moment then back to being all over each other.

and he has such a hound dog howl, he keeps barking at everything, but my dad wanted a barky dog. he is a little gaurdy over toys but he is super easy to train so i dont think it will be an issue so long as my dad and sister n** it in the butt now. he already comes when called most of the time and can even sit.

rofl rofl just hijack him xD  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:14 am
Cowgirl-with-heart
Shanna66
Cowgirl-with-heart

rofl rofl just hijack him xD

lol i probably will  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:55 pm