Welcome to Gaia! ::

Were-Animals

Back to Guilds

Were-Item Guide 

Tags: Furry, Lycan, Anthro, Clan, zOMG 

Reply Main Forum
I AM Glitches in Towns. (Updated 02/Mar/13)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Disturbed Blue

Shy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:08 pm
CURRENT GLITCHES:

1. Bad Moon (i am seawolf) has its whole body disappear when you move, no matter what Virtual Space you're in.

2. Bibbles, Little Black Bat, Pantheracorax Agate, and Mizuchi's Jewel (I am Young Daija) has a weird glitch where it seems to show the normal animation, but doesn't remove the stationary pose, which makes it look like there's two animals at once, with one on top of the other. There may be more with this glitch, like Bogie and Cookie Boots.

3. Longcat Scarf and North Kitten Star (probably all the Kitten Stars) face the wrong direction when you move. If you want to "look" to the left, you have to go to the right.

POSTED 17/02/13

As I am sure most of you have realized by now, there is currently a freezing problem with towns and I AMs. When you enter towns or jump to a room in towns after equiping an I AM pose, towns will freeze up and kick you, most of the time resulting in the screen going black. This glitch occurred after the green goo glitch had finally been fixed with invisible paint. Sadly, every I AM that suffered from the green goo now have this glitch which has been called the Black Glitch.

The worst thing about this is, it doesn't just happen to you, it happens to other users in the room who are just going about their business and will kick them from towns as well.

Unfortunately, trolls have been abusing this glitch to kick people from rooms repeatedly. There is a way to prevent being kicked by this glitch but it is tedious and almost not worth it. If you track down and ignore all of the people abusing the glitch, their avatar will not load for you and you will be spared.

Here is a list of I AMs that have comfirmed to be free of this glitch and will work fine in towns.
Grunny
Inari's Beads
Bad Moon (all except for I am sea wolf)
Blood Bat

Out of common courteousness, I suggest that no one knowingly use towns with I AMs equipped that aren't confirmed to be safe.

If anyone can confirm any more I AMs that do not induce the Black Glitch, please post them here so we can compile a list of I AMs that are safe to use in towns!

Alternatively, you can equip another item with your affected I AM to prevent your I AM from not working. Just like we did to prevent the green goo glitch. Just make sure that the item you equip it with shows from both the front and back, or this will not work. Please refer to Kangit's list of compatable items here.

Thank you for reading.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 21/02/13

As comfimed by both Kangit and Lanzer, I AM are now working properly again and the green goo is destroyed as well! Wahay!!

lanzer

A swarm of avatar bugs attacked our servers this morning causing all sorts of strange problems with specific avatar items that contain masking capabilities. Sometimes shoes would disappear, other times a whole arm would go away!

The bugs had been squashed and avatars should work fine now. Please re-save your avatar for the change to take effect.

On other good news, the problem with IAM poses crashing under Towns 1 had also been fixed. You can roam free as your favorite animal or monster in Towns 1 once again, plus, no more weird random pixels floating around. Yay!

For those who noticed that some colors aren't as vibrant as they used to be, there will be another upgrade tomorrow to address that issue.

Thanks for your patience!

You can view the site changes post for yourself here.

As of now, there are currently no hampering glitches with I AMs in towns! Yay! However I will still keep this thread going encase any more pop up. If you encounter any glitches or bugs to do with I AMs that are currently not widely known to the community, post them here so we can keep track of them and in some cases how to fix them.

-

More glitches have been added by Kangit. (21/02/13)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 01/03/13

Most I AM items have been showing vertical black bars on their avatar when they move in towns. This is assumed to be related with the missing pixels glitch on avatars at the moment, where avatars featuring black colours have missing pixels appear in the black pixel's place.
Suspected to be related to The Black Glitch that appeared when the Green Goo fix happened. Users have refereed to this glitch as The Black Plague.

Lets all hope the missing pixels/black bars are fixed soon.

-

*** This can be worked around if you save your avatar using the Gaia Smartphone app. However it will then cause your avatar to look even worse in Towns 2, Rally, VH and Zomg, but it will be fine in Original Towns. But this fix sadly does not apply to I AM items***

UPDATE 02/03/13

Lanzer has announched in the Site Changes sticky that the black pixels (The Black Plague), is now fixed and avatars should not be working properly.

lanzer
Missing black pixels fixed

We squashed the black pixel bug for good this time. Please save your avatar to fix any issues with missing pixels. Thank you for your patience!

PS - There will be some small cosmetic changes next week that should make transparent items look nicer.

All I AM items should now be working properly in all flash spaces, no black bars or black boxes!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:56 pm
Disturbed Blue
As I am sure most of you have realized by now, there is currently a freezing problem with towns and I AMs. When you enter towns or jump to a room in towns after equiping an I AM pose, towns will freeze up and kick you, most of the time resulting in the screen going black. This glitch occurred after the green goo glitch had finally been fixed with invisible paint. Sadly, every I AM that suffered from the green goo now have this glitch which has been called the Black Glitch.

The worst thing about this is, it doesn't just happen to you, it happens to other users in the room who are just going about their business and will kick them from towns as well.

Unfortunately, trolls have been abusing this glitch to kick people from rooms repeatedly. There is a way to prevent being kicked by this glitch but it is tedious and almost not worth it. If you track down and ignore all of the people abusing the glitch, their avatar will not load for you and you will be spared.

Here is a list of I AMs that have comfirmed to be free of this glitch and will work fine in towns.
Grunny
Inari's Beads
Bad Moon (all except for I am sea wolf)
Blood Bat

Out of common courteousness, I suggest that no one knowingly use towns with I AMs equipped that aren't confirmed to be safe.

If anyone can confirm any more I AMs that do not induce the Black Glitch, please post them here so we can compile a list of I AMs that are safe to use in towns!

Alternatively, you can equip another item with your affected I AM to prevent your I AM from not working. Just like we did to prevent the green goo glitch. Just make sure that the item you equip it with shows from both the front and back, or this will not work. Please refer to Kangit's list of compatable items here.

Thank you for reading.

I think I get the same glitch, but my screen doesn't turn black (it just freezes until I close or reload the tab), and when I tested it with one of my mules in the room, my mule stayed in the room, but saw me disappear. I get the same results with both Chrome and Firefox. Also, it happens in Friend Chat (or at least the one associated with this guild).  

Kangit
Captain

High-functioning Shapeshifter

Disturbed Blue

Shy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:56 am
Kangit

I think I get the same glitch, but my screen doesn't turn black (it just freezes until I close or reload the tab), and when I tested it with one of my mules in the room, my mule stayed in the room, but saw me disappear. I get the same results with both Chrome and Firefox. Also, it happens in Friend Chat (or at least the one associated with this guild).

Yeah, it just freezes for me too. A lot of other people get the black screen apparently, I think I got a black screen maybe once or twice when it happened. I also tested in both Chrome and Firefox too but unfortunately got the same results. So far everything seems to be working fine in Towns 2, I haven't tried in Rally and VH though.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:08 am
Disturbed Blue
Kangit

Yeah, it just freezes for me too. A lot of other people get the black screen apparently, I think I got a black screen maybe once or twice when it happened. I also tested in both Chrome and Firefox too but unfortunately got the same results. So far everything seems to be working fine in Towns 2, I haven't tried in Rally and VH though.

Well, I've never seen the screen turn black. Although, it once froze before I even moved, and with all the previous times, I had to move first to trigger it. I believe I've tested all the current Virtual Spaces, and the only ones with a problem seem to be Towns and Friend Chats.  

Kangit
Captain

Kangit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:00 pm
From what I can tell, both the Green Box Glitch and the Black Glitch are fixed again. Yay. cat_3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:13 pm
Kangit
From what I can tell, both the Green Box Glitch and the Black Glitch are fixed again. Yay. cat_3nodding

Yay!! Finally we can enter towns without worry again! Thank you for letting me know, I also found Lanzer's post in site changes addressing this and added it to the first post with an update. ^ -^  

Disturbed Blue

Shy Lunatic

Kangit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:38 pm
Disturbed Blue
Kangit

Yay!! Finally we can enter towns without worry again! Thank you for letting me know, I also found Lanzer's post in site changes addressing this and added it to the first post with an update. ^ -^

You're welcome. cat_3nodding At first, it looked like it wasn't fixed, but after re-saving my avatar, it worked again. I wonder if people could still abuse Towns by not re-saving their avatar...? cat_neutral  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:04 am
Kangit

You're welcome. cat_3nodding At first, it looked like it wasn't fixed, but after re-saving my avatar, it worked again. I wonder if people could still abuse Towns by not re-saving their avatar...? cat_neutral

Hmm. No idea. Hopefully not though, if they could the admin would try to remove the items temp or something. If they do it should be easy enough to report them. Pretty sure abusing a glitch like that is bannable, so I don't see the risk in trying. XD  

Disturbed Blue

Shy Lunatic

Kangit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:24 am
Disturbed Blue
Kangit

Hmm. No idea. Hopefully not though, if they could the admin would try to remove the items temp or something. If they do it should be easy enough to report them. Pretty sure abusing a glitch like that is bannable, so I don't see the risk in trying. XD

I thought I heard a lot of people were doing it before. Hmm...

It also looks like you edited your post to say there were no more glitches, but there are a few left.

Bad Moon (i am seawolf) has its whole body disappear when you move, no matter what Virtual Space you're in.

Bibbles, Little Black Bat, Pantheracorax Agate, and Mizuchi's Jewel (I am Young Daija) has a weird glitch where it seems to show the normal animation, but doesn't remove the stationary pose, which makes it look like there's two animals at once, with one on top of the other. There may be more with this glitch, like Bogie and Cookie Boots.

Longcat Scarf and North Kitten Star (probably all the Kitten Stars) face the wrong direction when you move. If you want to "look" to the left, you have to go to the right.

There's probably more, but I don't have all the Were-Items.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:33 am
Kangit

It also looks like you edited your post to say there were no more glitches, but there are a few left.

Bad Moon (i am seawolf) has its whole body disappear when you move, no matter what Virtual Space you're in.

Bibbles, Little Black Bat, Pantheracorax Agate, and Mizuchi's Jewel (I am Young Daija) has a weird glitch where it seems to show the normal animation, but doesn't remove the stationary pose, which makes it look like there's two animals at once, with one on top of the other. There may be more with this glitch, like Bogie and Cookie Boots.

Longcat Scarf and North Kitten Star (probably all the Kitten Stars) face the wrong direction when you move. If you want to "look" to the left, you have to go to the right.

Oh wow, I honestly didn't know about those, except for seawolf. I haven't had any of those items for a while but I had hope that maybe seawolf would have been fixed when the freezing stopped. I'll add these to the list.  

Disturbed Blue

Shy Lunatic

Kangit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:43 am
Disturbed Blue
Kangit

Oh wow, I honestly didn't know about those, except for seawolf. I haven't had any of those items for a while but I had hope that maybe seawolf would have been fixed when the freezing stopped. I'll add these to the list.

Yeah, I thought seawolf was going to be fixed, too, because I recall wearing it when it was working before, so it can be done.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:59 pm
Updated on the 1st of March 2013

Disturbed Blue

Shy Lunatic

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out