Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Pets and Animals Guild!

Back to Guilds

Tags: pets, animals, dogs, cats 

Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
New additions! *With Pics* And some sad news..

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:59 pm
I'll go ahead and start with the sad news.. My betta, Gyarados died recently.. It was sudden too..

Now for the new additions:

A couple months ago, I got two African Dwarf Frogs! I only have a picture of one of them right now, but I'll take a picture of the other one and post it tomorrow. The one in this picture currently has no name.. Any name suggestions for him/her?

User Image

User Image

And today, I got a new betta! He is a half moon and is absolutely beautiful! I got some pictures of him. He wasn't being very cooperative and didn't want to stay still, and then when he was staying still, the camera wouldn't cooperate.. gonk I'll post the best ones I managed to get and will try to get some more later.

User Image

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:14 pm
Sorry to hear about Gyarados :<

Congratulations on the froggies and the new betta!  

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:20 pm
Kithy Kitty

Thanks. I do miss him.. I so badly wanted to get at least a picture of him trying to eat the frogs' food from under the breeder box (where Kermit gets fed), but every time I pulled the ipod out, he swam away as if he knew I wanted to get a picture of him doing that (any other time, he would generally stay still when I pulled my ipod out for any reason. XD)

Thanks! biggrin My new betta is quite a character. He's very active and has spent a lot of time flaring at his reflection in the tank. XD He finally ate for the first time for me today! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:31 pm
CrissAngelLover12345
Kithy Kitty

Thanks. I do miss him.. I so badly wanted to get at least a picture of him trying to eat the frogs' food from under the breeder box (where Kermit gets fed), but every time I pulled the ipod out, he swam away as if he knew I wanted to get a picture of him doing that (any other time, he would generally stay still when I pulled my ipod out for any reason. XD)

Thanks! biggrin My new betta is quite a character. He's very active and has spent a lot of time flaring at his reflection in the tank. XD He finally ate for the first time for me today! biggrin
Bettas are just so much fun. I kind of think if I had got one before the goldfish I probably wouldn't have got any goldies!  

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:36 pm
Kithy Kitty
CrissAngelLover12345
Kithy Kitty

Bettas are just so much fun. I kind of think if I had got one before the goldfish I probably wouldn't have got any goldies!

They are! I love bettas! My favorites are half moons. biggrin This is my first half moon and I'm so excited to finally get one! And a beautiful one at that! He also seems to love the live plants already! I have seen him swimming around in them. biggrin He also seems to get along with the ottos and the ADFs quite nicely too! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:56 pm
Halfmoons are amazing~ Love them. Ended up with a VT because I wanted a betta but didn't have enough money for anything fancy. REALLLLLLY wanted this pretty elephant ear they had at petco.  

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:42 am
Kithy Kitty
Halfmoons are amazing~ Love them. Ended up with a VT because I wanted a betta but didn't have enough money for anything fancy. REALLLLLLY wanted this pretty elephant ear they had at petco.

My first betta was a veiltail. Then I got Gyarados, which was a Super Delta. And now I have this one! I love elephant ears! They are beautiful! Petco (where I got this half moon) had an elephant ear half moon plakat. I don't like the plakats that much though.. I don't know why, but I never really cared for the smaller tails. It also wasn't nearly as beautiful as the half moon I got. I wonder if it is possible to find an elephant ear half moon. XD That would be a beautiful combination! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:50 pm
CrissAngelLover12345
Kithy Kitty

My first betta was a veiltail. Then I got Gyarados, which was a Super Delta. And now I have this one! I love elephant ears! They are beautiful! Petco (where I got this half moon) had an elephant ear half moon plakat. I don't like the plakats that much though.. I don't know why, but I never really cared for the smaller tails. It also wasn't nearly as beautiful as the half moon I got. I wonder if it is possible to find an elephant ear half moon. XD That would be a beautiful combination! biggrin
I've not seen one :X I checked aquabid too but no results. An EE-HM would be soooo awesome. It's a lot of finnage though so I'd worry about having a filter.

Have you ever seen rosetails? Their fins are like eek  

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:55 pm
Kithy Kitty
CrissAngelLover12345
Kithy Kitty

I've not seen one :X I checked aquabid too but no results. An EE-HM would be soooo awesome. It's a lot of finnage though so I'd worry about having a filter.

Have you ever seen rosetails? Their fins are like eek

I looked them up and found videos of them on Youtube! They are absolutely beautiful! I would probably put something around the intake to weaken the suction a bit or make it so the betta couldn't get his fins stuck in it. I already have my filter baffled, so the flow going in the tank wouldn't be so bad. ^^

I haven't until I was looking up EE-HM and they are beautiful! So are feather tails! biggrin  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games