Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:32 pm
Seriously not okay.

Something is very wrong with Blaze. She kind of looks like she got her wisdom teeth on the left side only...pulled. The swelling is pretty bad though when I try to photograph it it's not really apparent. I also realized she had malocclusion, left top incissor was very long.

Last night. After she'd been out playing and I realized something was wrong, I put her back in her cage and was watching her. She sat in the corner facing the wall. Mostly just...sat there. But also she was rubbing her head a bit. I've never seen that kind of behavior. I immediately freaked out and gave her some metacam...In my freaking out I also gave her liikkee 10x the recommended dose gonk (0.4 instead of 0.04) uumm, she was eating normally though. Just a lot less hyper than usual. After 2 classmates who'd seen these photos urged me to try and cut her teeth asap. I managed to do so tonight. Though I'm pretty sure I wound up cutting em way too short. I cut all of them...and then filed the bottoms cause they looked a lil sharp.

Before:
User Image

Open mouth to see better:
User Image

After tonight's dentistry (She was fed up, couldn't get a good shot):
User Image

My attempt at photographing her swollen face:
User Image

The conjuctivitis is a chronic issue she's had most her life that didn't respond to antibiotics.

She's still eating, but it's still QUITE swollen. sad
Also like an idiot I GOOGLED her symptoms and came up with 3 possibilites.
1. Dental Abscess
2. Infection
3. Zymbal Gland Tumor

The last being a very aggressive, malignant, inoperable tumor. Everything I read about it sayd "poor prognosis" and to give painkillers until euthanizing. So...today I was having sort of an anxiety attack. Asked my teacher if I could bring her in and she said Wednesday. And then I continued to panick and called my vet who could only see her Monday.

So where I'm at right now is. I could try another vet, possibly even MORE expensive. Though Saturday I work all day, Sunday most clinics are closed. Then partly I think gawd if it has to wait till Monday...maybe it could wait another 2 days and then it'd be, well, free/cheap. Depending on wether or not she needs rads, I could be looking at anywhere between 100-300 at my vets. I'm really having some anxiety issues at the moment. Over her possibly being in pain (though I'm gonna keep up with the metacam) and adding to my debt. I keep thinking...what am I going to do with Fate if anything happens to Blaze? She's too young to be solitary but the idea of adopting another rat is upsetting. I dunno how much more heartbreak I can take. I even thought about rehoming Fate. Which is just AWEFUL of me. I hate myself for thinking it. I need to stop thinking, I'm headed for a total burn out.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:47 pm
Oh man, poor Blaze. I hope things turn out for the better, and soon. neutral  

Eileen50

Distinct Trainer

11 Cardinal 11

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:54 pm
How's she doing? sad  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:33 pm
So of course it's the worst case scenario sad The vet had a good look under anesthesia. Then did a fine needle aspiration. As soon as he poked and I DIDNT see puss. I knew it was bad. He couldn't say for sure because he's not a pathologist but it doesn't look good. Under the microscope there was cell division, typical of malignant tumors. I had it sent out, so waiting to hear exactly what kind of tumor and her prognosis. In the meantime I got some heavier pain meds for her. And I'm trying to provide her with lots of soft foods. She's been eating her food but I just figure it must hurt a bit to chew.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Eileen50

Distinct Trainer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:14 pm
Man, when it rains, it pours. You're just having an aweful time with your pets lately. sad I hope there's some light at the end of this tunnel.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games