Character: Orange Blossom
Other Information: Nothing  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:44 pm
Owner Name: Amirynth
Soquili Name & Image: Tempest
User Image

Cosplay Origin: World of Warcraft
Character: Feralas Hippogryph
Other Information: May or may not classify as a cosplay though he did when he was created.

Soquili Name & Image: Firewing
User Image

Character: Flameward Hippogryph
Other Information: Would count as a 'species'. I put him up as a reference.

Soquili Name & Image: Solemn
User Image

Character: Moonsaber
Other Information: From the WoW event. Like the Flameward, he'd count as a 'species'.

Soquili Name & Image: I'mani
User Image

Character: Troll Druid Epic Flightform
Other Information:

Soquili Name & Image: Imogen
User Image

Cosplay Origin: Imogen Heap
Character: Immi
Other Information: Her look is based off the video 'Goodnight and Go'

Soquili Name & Image: The Doctor
User Image

Cosplay Origin: Doctor Who
Character: The Doctor
Other Information:

Soquili Name & Image: Sexy
User Image

Cosplay Origin: Doctor Who
Character: The TARDIS
Other Information: Also known as Idris ('human' form)

Soquili Name & Image: Suiseiseki
User Image

Cosplay Origin: Rozen Maiden
Character: Suiseiseki
Other Information:

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:57 pm
CheshireKttty
Sorry but I have to ask as I'm really confused. It was probably mentioned somewhere at some point but I don't think I ever saw. Why is it that the WoW ponies and pokemon don't count? Aren't they still technically a cosplay? If there's already a male blisterhide no one else would be able to get another one right? Not the blisterhide specifically anyway. Sorry hope that makes sense I'm just trying to understand.

Yes, someone can get a blisterhide. The blisterhide is a species of hyena in the game. There are many of them in the game, it is considered wildlife and not a singular instance of a cosplay. They just couldnt get a blisterhide that looks EXACLTY like the one you have.

99% of the WoW 'cosplays' and Pokeman 'cosplays' were moved under 'wildlife' because they are not specific NPCs. They exist in multiple areas and multiple times in both series and can be owned/tamed by multiple people.

Quoting my earlier post:

To make sure I wasn’t seeing it wrong, I just asked a staff and was told ‘If the cosplay you want comes in more than one instance, it should be possible to have more than one version of Soq of that cosplay in existence’

As yet another example, ANYONE in WoW who plays a hunter can tame a Blisterhide Hyena. There isnt just one single Blisterhide in existence. Therefore, just like any other real hyena, they are wildlife and can be made more than once as long as they arent identical.

Here is the link to the WoW Wiki and actually, I apologize, they are Blisterpaw, but it is the same pet in question: Blisterpaw

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:04 pm
Ktns
CheshireKttty
Sorry but I have to ask as I'm really confused. It was probably mentioned somewhere at some point but I don't think I ever saw. Why is it that the WoW ponies and pokemon don't count? Aren't they still technically a cosplay? If there's already a male blisterhide no one else would be able to get another one right? Not the blisterhide specifically anyway. Sorry hope that makes sense I'm just trying to understand.

Yes, someone can get a blisterhide. The blisterhide is a species of hyena in the game. There are many of them in the game, it is considered wildlife and not a singular instance of a cosplay. They just couldnt get a blisterhide that looks EXACLTY like the one you have.

99% of the WoW 'cosplays' and Pokeman 'cosplays' were moved under 'wildlife' because they are not specific NPCs. They exist in multiple areas and multiple times in both series and can be owned/tamed by multiple people.

Quoting my earlier post:

To make sure I wasn’t seeing it wrong, I just asked a staff and was told ‘If the cosplay you want comes in more than one instance, it should be possible to have more than one version of Soq of that cosplay in existence’

As yet another example, ANYONE in WoW who plays a hunter can tame a Blisterhide Hyena. There isnt just one single Blisterhide in existence. Therefore, just like any other real hyena, they are wildlife and can be made more than once as long as they arent identical.

Here is the link to the WoW Wiki and actually, I apologize, they are Blisterpaw, but it is the same pet in question: Blisterpaw

Nah that was my bad I was thinking blisterpaw and pesterhide and combined the two on accident. Alright thanks for clearing it up. I can certainly see the WoW side of it thought pokemon side is a little harder XD  

CheshireKttty

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50

Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:12 pm
Ktns
Okay, Im a little confused, sorry!

I see a lot of people posting WoW horses that are not single NPC specific and I see a lot of Pokeman. Recently it was decided that these horses do not fall under cosplay, but now fall under ‘Wildlife’.

To make sure I wasn’t seeing it wrong, I just asked a staff and was told ‘If the cosplay you want comes in more than one instance, it should be possible to have more than one version of Soq of that cosplay in existence’. So an example would be: Arthas is a cosplay, Al’ar is not as you can get him as a mount? Or so its understood? Along with all of the other ‘mounts’ and ‘races’ as again, they are now wildlife and you can have more than one. AKA if its not a named, singular instance of an NPC/Main Character, its not a cosplay.

SO …. My MAIN question is…is this list for ALL possible cosplays ever, or only legitimate cosplays? Like is this list going to be used as reference when wanting to get your own version of ‘wildlife’ cosplays so people don’t get identical existing ones or do you only want people posting … well.. like I said before, legitimate ones?

Sorry D8 I just have a couple that would fall under both so Im looking at what I should be posting?
This list is for those that are named characters, the WoW pets that are being posted are confusing me as I never found it interesting enough to get far into the game so while I know what some of the mounts are I'm a little vague on the rest. But no its not ALL possible cosplays, this list is for those that there can only be one... or a few of (example: theres more than one chesshire cat, disney, tim burton etc)

Does that help clear it up?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:16 pm
Owner Name: FitzRoyal
Soquili Name & Image: Drith
User Image
Cosplay Origin: Twewy
Character: Skull Rabbit Pin
Other Information:

Owner Name: Malhith & FitzRoyal
Soquili Name & Image: Meowth
User Image
Cosplay Origin: Pokemon
Character: Meowth
Other Information:

Owner Name: FitzRoyal
Soquili Name & Image: Mordecai
User Image
Cosplay Origin: 3 Bill Goats Gruff
Character: Bill Goats Gruff
Other Information: If he counts? I know there is a folktale about it but I'm not sure it really counts as a cosplay? xD.  

FitzRoyal

Distinct Regular

Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:27 pm
CheshireKttty
Nah that was my bad I was thinking blisterpaw and pesterhide and combined the two on accident. Alright thanks for clearing it up. I can certainly see the WoW side of it thought pokemon side is a little harder XD
I think thats because most think of the series where really you only deal with Ash's pokeon, and Pikachu is a lead character. In the games though pikachu are in many areas and you can catch one or more no matter who you are.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:38 pm
Sabin Duvert
YES!!! Help with the insanity of WoW *throws self at feet*

Grell removed... Would you mind poking your head in now and then and checking that I've not added some to the WoW list that doesn't belong.

Will admit WoW was the part of the list I was dreading, what are races, what are mounts, then theres the named NPC's and Bosses... not to mention OC's based on PC's cat_burning_eyes  

Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:00 pm
Faid Shadowlight

Grell removed... Would you mind poking your head in now and then and checking that I've not added some to the WoW list that doesn't belong.

Will admit WoW was the part of the list I was dreading, what are races, what are mounts, then there's the named NPC's and Bosses... not to mention OC's based on PC's cat_burning_eyes

I can most definitely help out with that also. A'lar would count as a cosplay as there is a boss by that name (not just the mount) Invincible would be the same case as they are a specific character at some point.

I put my three as reference (two 'gryphs and the moonsaber) for everyone else. They count as specific species (thus can only have another created if they are of opposite gender) and not cosplays.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:08 pm
Amirynth
Faid Shadowlight

Will admit WoW was the part of the list I was dreading, what are races, what are mounts, then there's the named NPC's and Bosses... not to mention OC's based on PC's cat_burning_eyes

I can most definitely help out with that also. A'lar would count as a cosplay as there is a boss by that name (not just the mount) Invincible would be the same case as they are a specific character at some point.

I put my three as reference (two 'gryphs and the moonsaber) for everyone else. They count as specific species (thus can only have another created if they are of opposite gender) and not cosplays.
*clings to Troll* Yes please feel free to pop in and check the WoW list too, any help there is appreciated.

And if I understand th rules now... any species fictional or not that is classed as wildlife has no limit on how many as long as they look different. But thats how I understand it... Wordy rules = confusing.  

Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50

elvyralani

Fashionable Rabbit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:26 am
Owner Name: elvyralani
Soquili Name & Image: Bad Horse
User Image
Cosplay Origin: Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
Character: Bad Horse the Thoroughbred of Sin
Other Information:  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:00 am
Owner Name: Agneza
Soquili Name & Image: Feya
User Image
Cosplay Origin: Schleich Elf Toy Figurine
Character: Feya
Other Information: -

Soquili Name & Image: Turag
User Image
Cosplay Origin: Schleich Elf Toy Figurine
Character: Turag

Soquili Name & Image: Flik
User Image
Cosplay Origin: Suikoden 2
Character: Flik

Owner Name: Agneza & Naiyarose
Soquili Name & Image: Pin
User Image
Cosplay Origin: TWEWY
Character: 10,000 yen

Agneza

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:16 am
Owner Name: LOLTERNATIVE
Soquili Name & Image: Yggdrasil
User Image

Cosplay Origin: Myth
Character: Yggdrasil - the tree.
Other Information:

Soquili Name & Image: Macalania
User Image

Cosplay Origin: Final Fantasy X
Character: Forest in Final Fantasy X
Other Information: I know theres the 'wildlife' category but this isn't a real wildlife so I think it'll count as cosplay? I'm not sure so add or don't. XD

Soquili Name & Image: Aiustha
User Image

Cosplay Origin: DOTA 2
Character: Aiustha / Enchantress
Other Information: In the game she's known as 'Enchantress' but her character name is Aiustha. o vo  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:43 am
Faid Shadowlight
Amirynth
Faid Shadowlight

*clings to Troll* Yes please feel free to pop in and check the WoW list too, any help there is appreciated.

And if I understand th rules now... any species fictional or not that is classed as wildlife has no limit on how many as long as they look different. But thats how I understand it... Wordy rules = confusing.

Glad to help, and feel free to hit me up on AIM if you want any kind of live answer on Y/N on Wow pets counting as cosplays. Currently the three you have on your list are all singular, named characters smile

And yeah, as far as how I understand the rules now, there can be 2 or 20 moonsaber-based soquili since they classify as wildlife (fictional wildlife, but wildlife nonetheless) - as long as they are not identical. Ditto with Pikachu or Rapidash soquili, etc.

Al'ar is the only tricky one - he's a named NPC, but in very rare occasions, the player can get him as a mount. The chances that there will be more than one person on a server (essentially, a game world) with one is VERY low, but possible. (at least last I played - I don't know if the drop rate has increased). Ditto with Invincible, however, I'd say personally that they're a named NPC, and even if there is more than one running around, at least in the game-lore there is only supposed to be one.

I have a question on where artwork-based soquili currently stand. Soquili based on a famous (or commercially available) piece of art - like Music Video costuming, TWEWY pins, Kingdom Hearts swords, Starry Night by Van Gogh, or the Nene Thomas soquili posted above (Hunter Brown, Angel White). I remember that the male/female rule (like the original wildlife rule) was extended to them I THINK when actually there wound up being two Angel Whites (a male and a female) - but does the limited rule with them still apply? Do you want to keep a list of those as well?  

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Mobster Goose

Invisible Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:55 am
Even though some cosplays are no longer "character" cosplays where only one can be in existence I think they should still be listed and marked down so people know what not to make their soq look like. I mean, they still are cosplays but if anything they are "wildlife" cosplays now haha.

Or at least keep the side list, like he have of pokemon, of what is already in existence so people can know just exactly what pokemon/WoW/etc were done so they can know if the original is available or if they have to change it up.

Archived

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff