Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Looking for New Cons To Go To?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I-Seisui-I

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:59 pm
So I've only gone to Anime Expo In L.A. since I couldn't drive before and wasn't 18 but I'm looking for new Cons to go to since I'm expanding my cosplaying variety and what not, I'd like to cosplay at more Cons. So in quick note any other cons? and your experience and opinion?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:25 am
Well, are you willing to travel far? I can recommend a few as long as you don't mind flying XD;; I was going to recommend a few that are in the midwest.  

OhNoesItsMiho

Unbeatable Lover

9,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

The Heartless Princess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:11 pm
I definitely recommend ALA! It's held in LA every January. It's a medium-sized convention, but I think it's super fun, especially with a group of friends.
You have the chance to do everything and stuff, without it being too overwhelming.
The Dealer's Hall and Artist Alley isn't really big...but a lot of the panels are fun/entertaining and the ribbons are to die for.

Bakersfield now has an anime convention called Bak-anime. They're having their first two-day event in November.
It'll definitely be waaay smaller than Expo, but the more people that go, the bigger it'll end up becoming.

And Fanime is definitely one to go to, at least once. It's kind of a drive though (at least for me, it's held in San Jose). It's held in May.
Although there were some issues, I had a good experience. The Artist Alley was crazy huge, and I enjoyed the Dojo they have,
which is where they give weapons/martial arts workshops.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:01 am
I-Seisui-I
So I've only gone to Anime Expo In L.A. since I couldn't drive before and wasn't 18 but I'm looking for new Cons to go to since I'm expanding my cosplaying variety and what not, I'd like to cosplay at more Cons. So in quick note any other cons? and your experience and opinion?
I a m in the L.A. area as well, I attend AX, pmx (pacific media expo), ALA (anime los angeles) I speak for myself but I prefer pmx and ala over ax, only for the facet that ax is so crowded and security has been getting tighter over the years (no room 2 breathe)  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Convention Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas