Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Deck of Cards : A Rebellion ♦♣♥♠

Back to Guilds

Would you like to join a team of special forces in their aim to take down a dictatorship? 

Tags: organization/army 

Reply A Deck of Cards
A Deck of Cards : A Rebellion ♦♣♥♠ Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kimei Joanna

Captain

Benevolent Vampire

15,125 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Marathon 300
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:59 pm
User Image

You would think that when a child is orphaned at birth, they would be put into the adoption system. Yet this was not the case for 54 children.
Taken from the hospitals, birth certificates replaced with files of still births. The children were raised in a secret hospital until they were five years old, never told what the medicine they were being given was for, nor being informed of what was in the food they ate, though they learned later on: the medicine gave them powers. Nothing so fancy as to be able to become superman, though some could levitate, but powers nonetheless. When the children turned five, the training and discovering of these new powers began. Learning how to shoot a gun, to use various weapons, discovering their powers, learning how to escape from sticky situations, and to pilot various vehicles. Then, when they turned ten, they were given a card. The cards looked like a normal card, something you would find in a deck. But the cards were everything to the children. The cards were something they, and only they, owned, something to take care of. More importantly, these cards identified their rank, the highest of them being the Joker, and her officials the King, Queen, Ace, and Jack. The lowest cards are the twos, but every card is powerful and should never be underestimated.

This organization was created on an island in the middle of the ocean in hopes of one day being able to destroy the government that dictated the mainland and the surrounding islands. But they were exposed; the president of the land, called Estan, destroyed all that was on the island.
But he forgot to account for what might be underneath it...

User Image

A single girl survived, having been hidden in the deepest parts of the island. She was the daughter of the man who had been the leader of the small organization. When rebels from the mainland came to see if there was anything left, she was all they found, but she had something they did not: information. Under her guidance, they began sorting a new deck of cards, using her knowledge to replicate and perfect the process of creating cards. Roughly sixteen years later, she now stands as the position of Joker, ready to destroy the man who turned her father into ashes.

The Island of the Cards
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:00 pm
♣ RESERVED ♣

Kimei Joanna

Captain

Benevolent Vampire

15,125 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Marathon 300
  • OTP 200

Kimei Joanna

Captain

Benevolent Vampire

15,125 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Marathon 300
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:03 pm
♥ RESERVED ♥

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:02 pm

(OOC: I REALLY hate giving long posts as my first post. So I'm sorry for this. So very, very sorry. VERY very VERY sorry. But I had to explain just how high tech they are.)

Black boots hit the pavement with a clack as the pilot exited the cockpit. She wore a black full body suit that hugged her every curve. She pulled down the zipper in the front, revealing the white tank top underneath, and she reached up, removing her helmet. Stunning white hair fell down to her knees, and she pushed her bangs out of her face as she handed the helmet to one of many workers working as ground crew for the runway. He thanked her for the good work and then went on to check the jet. The girl headed over to one of many terminals on the edge of the runway to report her return and the success of her mission. She hit the screen where it said 'Return', which was underneath 'Departure'. She hit a few more buttons as they appeared on the screen, all-too-familiar with this pattern, and finally something appeared on the screen:
Welcome back, Joker.
TMC: 497

She hit 'end registration' and then headed for the door leading inside. She slid her pilot's glove off of her right hand and pressed it against the scanner, then she headed inside while removing her left glove. She pressed her hand to another scanner, then entered the girl's locker room, going to Locker 1. She reached into her tanktop and pulled a card from a pocket inside of it, pulling it out and scanning it on the locker door, which unlocked. She replaced the card, then she proceeded to remove her pilot's uniform, hanging it up inside the locker, placing the boots on the bottom of the locker. She removed a black skirt, pulled it on in a quick, fluid movement, and then put on the button-down short-sleeved shirt. She took her time buttoning it up before she removed a black cardigan from the locker, tossing it over her shoulders as she grabbed the white mary janes from the shelf above the boots.

She buttoned her cardigan as she walked into the waiting area outside of the locker rooms, walking over to the vending machines. She pressed her hand to the scanner, then pressed the button for regular milk, her usual post-flight drink. She poked the straw into the carton as she left the waiting area, heading for the door that would lead her into the inner workings of the island. She scanned her hand one last time, then she was inside again, back to her home. A screen in the wall across from the door of the wide hallway read "5:27 AM". "Hm, I'm late," the Joker murmured before she made her way down the hall.

Five minutes later, the Joker was walking down a hallway filled with smaller elevators, platforms really, that led one up to the many rooms. The rooms closest to the elevators belonged to the Cards. She stepped onto the nearest platform on her right, typing in 'J1' followed by her password on the small keypad attached to one of the two bars on the platform, one of which she held with one hand as she finished off her milk. The platform stopped in front of a door, where she paused to scan her hand and enter another password (believe it or not, she actually had problems with cards breaking into her room to try and gather information about her; really irritating business) and she stepped into the room, tossing her milk carton to the right. It landed in the trash bin next to her desk. The furniture in her room was plain and white by choice, though everything else in the room [with the exception of the white walls] was either light pink, light purple, or blue. The large, king-sized bed was surrounded by white curtains for privacy, and halfway covered in pillows and stuffed animals of all types. There was a small alarm clock next to a pink lamp on one of the two white nightstands, and it now read "5:33 AM". She headed for the windows on the far wall, which filtered in little light at this early hour, closing the blue black-out curtains.

She turned left then, walking towards the door that would lead into her bathroom, pausing to remove the card from her shirt pocket, placing it on her nightstand face down so she could only see the blue-green detailed back of it. The bathrooms were about half the size of the bedrooms, all of which were the same size no matter what rank you were. The quality of the furniture was the same for every card, though people often thought that the higher cards, face cards, and the Jokers had better quality everything, though that wasn't true at all. Not that anyone would believe that. Every room came with a bed, desk, laptop, dresser, trash bin, curtains, bookshelf, and a couch; it was up to the occupant itself to decorate it using the manual in the desk drawer. All you had to do was enter what you wanted changed in the port next to the door in the morning, and it would be changed by the time you returned that night. Though the options were slightly limited for the workers compared to the Cards; but all of the Cards were treated equally in the quality of the items. It was a way of saying "thank you" for undergoing such a life as to protect the lives of those who lived on the large island. Those who joined in the rebel army were also treated as such, though the Cards had slightly better rights than those in the army. After all, those who joined the army came in voluntarily; Cards didn't get to choose. After she'd showered and changed into a light blue, long-sleeved nightgown, the Joker lay down to finally get sleep. She'd been out most of the night, so she fell asleep pretty quickly, though she made sure her phone was plugged in and on the nightstand with the volume up in case she was needed.

Her eyes popped open a few hours later and she grabbed her phone while twisting onto her back and successfully tangling her legs. She slid the lock on the screen and then read the message, the arrival of which had caused her to wake, and she sighed, putting an arm over her eyes. "I forgot that that meeting was today..." she glanced at the phone again. "12:15 AM..." She had fifteen minutes to get ready, get down to her office, gather the files she needed, and get to the meeting room. No biggie. The Joker untangled herself and threw off the comforter, going over to her dresser as she pulled off her nightgown. She threw the nightgown into the laundry chute on the right wall, then she opened up her dresser. Her phone went off again and she checked it, "Oh, my..." It seemed the cards were throwing the Ace of Diamonds a birthday party today at the Tiki Tavern down on the beach this evening; the dress code was beach wear.

A few minutes later, she pressed the button next to her door, adjusting the black ribbon that held her low bun in place. She was wearing a black sweater, a white skirt, black knee-high boots with white laces and white thigh-high stockings. Adjusting the white choker she wore, she stepped onto the platform as it rose to her door, and she hit G on the pad, staring up at the ceiling as it took her down. She headed down the hallway and a few minutes later entered her office. She grabbed the files and computer tablets waiting on top of her desk, glancing at the clock on her desk. 12:20. She'd have to hurry. At 8:27, she switched the lights on in the designated meeting room and headed to the far end of the table, setting down the tablets in front of each seat along the way. She sat at the head of the table, placing the last tablet down in front of herself. Today, they were having a meeting of the cards, and it was considered top priority: all of the cards had to attend. A few seconds later, Kimei, the Queen of Hearts, walked in.

"Ah," Kimei said with a smirk, "Looks like you beat me again, Joker." "Indeed it does appear so, Kimei," the Joker replied calmly, examining her nails. Kimei flipped her dark hair over her shoulder and took a seat in the chair that had a blue-green heart on the back of it with a crown over it. There was slightly different type of crown for the King chairs, and the Jacks had a staff on theirs. The Aces had stylized hearts over their suit. The Joker chairs, the other of which sat on the other end of the table, had pictures of Jokers on them, naturally, one female and one male. The rest of the chairs had numbers with the picture of their suit on them. The youngest face card appeared next, the fourteen-year-old ace by the name of Reinette. She took her seat and began going through the tablet waiting at her seat to examine the contents of today's meeting. She didn't talk much, so neither Kimei nor the Joker tried to drag her into the little banter they had going on. The Joker soon stopped replying, as usual, so Kimei turned to the tablet in front of her as they waited for the other cards to arrive. The Joker watched the screen on the wall behind her chair as she set up what she would need for the meeting.

Nobody knew who the Joker was, except for the face cards. So she would be handing off the actual duties of announcing the meeting's content to Kimei shortly. She finished up and traded seats with Kimei, crossing her legs as she waited patiently for the other cards to arrive. She was not surprised to see Maelli and Teillae, twin number cards, arrive together.

Kimei Joanna

Captain

Benevolent Vampire

15,125 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Marathon 300
  • OTP 200

TkieSai

Hilarious Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:52 pm

User Image

((I'm going to shrink the picture down when I get onto a computer tomorrow))

Two small purple and black blurs zipped around the hallways at high speeds. They zoomed right, then left, and turned on a dime around the corner. The more purplish blur pulled ahead of the more blackish blur, but then the blackish blur blur past the other. This continued until they reached the meeting room where that 'mandatory meeting' was being held. The blurs bursted through the doors, a loud screeching noise sounding from the heels of the two's shoes.
"I beat you! I beat you!" A girl with short silver hair chanted, raising her hands in the air which caused her long sleeves that draped way past her hands to swing around. The sleeves were attached to a black dress with purple fake fur around her neck, at the end of her sleeves and the rim of the bottom of her dress. She had thigh high purple and black striped sock on her legs and her shoes matched her dress in color and fuzz.
"No you didn't Luna no no no!" The other girl whined. This girl looked exactly like the first girl but the colors were reversed. Her dress was purple with black fake fur.
"Yes I did Hi," Luna teased her twin sister as Hi pouted, folding her arms over her chest.
"No fair," she grumbled.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:13 pm

User ImageUser Image
"Oh, stop arguing over it and sit down," ordered the Joker as she rest her tablet on her knee. She'd crossed her legs, and she was scrolling through the information on the tablet as if she hadn't seen any of it yet. The Joker pretended to be the queen of hearts and Kimei would play the Joker, simply for the same reason the Joker held so many secrets. No one knew the Joker's age, her powers, her name. Some of the number cards didn't even know if she existed or not. Most of the higher ranking face cards didn't interact with the number cards, so it was easy enough for Kimei to take the Joker's role.

The Joker glanced up at the twins, "I swear, you two will be the death of me sooner or later." Like most of the cards, the Joker had been there to raise them up. She would usually disappear before the child became old enough to remember her face unless the Joker knew the child would become a face card one day. She'd been working with the twins for most of their lives, as she had been with others. Because of this, many tended to fall in love with her or became loyal to her. Most of the former face cards would admit to having liked or even loved the Joker at some point in time, though none had learned enough about her to truly fall for her. It was easy enough to gain a crush on her--she was beautiful. Striking white hair, blue-green eyes, a pretty face with fair skin and the curves of a black woman. Yet no one held her attention in that way; she was married to her work, so to speak.

The Joker was always known by all to be kind, though, unless you pressed her buttons wrong. The only evidence that had surfaced about the Joker's existance was that she had once attacked a Jack for betraying her; he was injured so badly, stabbed so many times all over his body, that he was dead before they could get him to the infirmary. Even though none had gained her heart in romance, all had her heart in compassion, and her cards had her heart in trust. After the Jack's betrayal, everything had grown tense for a while as there were strict rules and curfews, and it was rumored that the Joker had even failed a mission. A Joker could never botch a mission--they had the most vital of them all. Finally things slackened up a bit, and now things were once again carefree. But the Joker was more on guard now.

Kimei Joanna

Captain

Benevolent Vampire

15,125 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Marathon 300
  • OTP 200

TkieSai

Hilarious Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:02 pm

User Image

The two girls with the height of a seven or eight year old stopped their bickering and turned to that familiar voice the long rabbit like ears of their hats hitting the sides of their faces as they moved.
"Mama-Sama!" The twins shouted excitedly at the same time.
"Look Hi, its Mama-Sama!" Luna said to her sister.
"Hiiiiiyyyyyyyaaaaa Mama-Sama!" Hi waved to the mystery aged woman. The two very child like teens ran to Joker's side.
"We've missed you!" They spoke in sync again.
"How come you didn't tell use you would be here?" Hi asked in a sad tone.
"Yeah! We drew you a picture!"
It was then that the two noticed Joker sitting in a wrong chair. They couldn't help but giggle at the what they thought was a mistake.
"Hehe you're sitting in the wrong chair Mama-Sama," Luna giggled.
"Silly Mama-Sama."
The child likeness of the two identical twins was most likely caused when that supposed mistake that caused the different pigments in their eyes. But it could also be a way for the two to cope with the fact that they were trained since they were five to be killers. Its really hard to say which one is the true reason but they are what they are now and not much can change it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:39 pm

User ImageUser Image
"I know I am," she replied as she paused, reading something on the tablet though she spoke at the same time. It was an odd ability, as most people who were speaking just ended up reading the same line over and over, but the Joker could multitask like that, so she kept reading as she said, "Because we don't want anyone to know that I am who I am, remember? That's why Kimei has kindly taken my place for today, since today is a meeting with the Number Cards." Finally she set down the tablet and she wrapped her arms around the twin's waists. She pulled them in for a tight hug, closing her eyes and releasing a sigh.

She released the twins and ordered them to their seats, telling them that their tablets had a drawing application on them; she'd made sure they had stylos, too. She resumed looking through her tablet in that bored-like manner of hers. "Oh. And I didn't tell you I was going to be here because no one is supposed to know where I am ahead of time." Just another precaution of the Joker's.

Kimei Joanna

Captain

Benevolent Vampire

15,125 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Marathon 300
  • OTP 200

TkieSai

Hilarious Genius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:36 pm

User Image
User Image

"Ohhh yeeeaahhhh..." the twins said at the same time yet again.
"I forgot about that," Luna said as she scratched the side of her face with her sleeve covered hand.
"I forgot that too," He said, doing a mirror image of what her sister was doing. They honestly didn't fully understand why Joker's identity must be a secret, but they also remember that incident with that one old Jack that attacked her before. The jerk, trying to hurt their Mama. Luna and Hi considered Joker their mother because that’s pretty much what she is. Joker took care of all, or at least most, of the cards here and for the twins, continued to care for them even after turning five. They are well aware that Joker isn't really their mother, but that never mattered. She was the closest thing to a mother and love her for it.
When Joker hugged the twins, they hugged the silvernette back warmly like any child would their mother.
"Ooooh yaaay!" The two cheered and ran to their seats as quickly as they could so they could draw on technology. They quickly picked up the stylus and tablets as they sat down, drawing almost instantly. they looked up when Joker said that last part.
"Okay, we won't tell no one you're here," Luna said all secretly.
"Shhhh, you’re not here~" Hi said, lifting her finger to her lips before the two went back to drawing on their tablets.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:29 pm
User Image

Atia walked in the room silently, ignoring Kimei as she usually did. She waved to the twins, with no change of emotion in her face. She sat down in her chair, without having to be ordered and looked at the tablet right away. "I'm surprised I'm here earlier than the others." she spoke in general. She looked to the Joker and waved, a small smile playing on her lips.

Atia was half hoping to annoy Kimei and half hoping that she'd be ignored. She wasn't quite in the mood for talking and she pulled her brown locks over her should and braided it without noticing.

User Image

Davion walked into the room slightly after Atia his hand in his red hair. He spotted Kimei and smiled softly. "Hello there." He sat in his seat and smiled at the twins. "What are we drawing today Luna and Hi?" Then he noticed the Joker and bowed his head politely, before speaking. "Hello." He waved to Atia, who waved back in return. He began reading what was on the tablet, and then looked up.

beleiveimgothnprttyalil

Desirable Vampire

9,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
  • Partygoer 500

x Ultamania x

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:45 pm
User Image

With hands stuffed in his pockets, Axel walked into the meeting room. He was never really the one to be early, nor was he the type of person to be late. He arrived when he arrived, but he made sure that he was punctual.
He arrived a couple minutes after Atia and Davion. While he was walking inside, he looked around at everyone else in the room, all the faces. There was Kimei and the twins Luna and Hi, he mentally sighed, then there was the silver-haired girl which he knew very little about, but could care less about her personal story and whatnot, he's not the type to pry.
He sat down in his designated chair and grabbed that was already placed on the table in front of him and began to read what was on it. He had a feeling what this meeting was about so he got about half through the reading before exiting the page reading some books that were downloaded on the tablet.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:18 pm
User Image

Atia watched as Axel walked into the room. She spoke. "Hello Axel." He was one of the few she would speak to first. She had finished her braid and then pulled it apart and pushed her hair behind her once more. Her red eyes scanned the room once more and she left them on Axel.

beleiveimgothnprttyalil

Desirable Vampire

9,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
  • Partygoer 500

Kimei Joanna

Captain

Benevolent Vampire

15,125 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Marathon 300
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:49 pm

User ImageUser Image
(OOC: I am NOT dead! My aunt & uncle were visiting.)

The Joker proceeded to ignore most of her Face Cards, all of whom who were, for the most part, devoted to protecting her identity as much as she kept herself hidden from them. The Joker was a highly secretive person, and there were ever-present orders from the people from the top--among whom The Joker was included--that they were to keep her identity and her past a secret, simply because most of their operations could shut down if Estan learned anything about the Joker. Even a video clip of her could be devastating to their operations--her fighting style, the way she spoke; anything could jeopardize them. So they protected the Joker herself more than they protected anything else, even the security system wasn't as up to date as compared to simply the keypad that lead into the Joker's room. The Joker herself played a huge part in this; there was no information on her at all in the database, not even a picture. Only a description of what the Joker's did.

It was so amazing, how nonexistent she was; yet here she was, sitting among them casually flipping through the tablet like she hadn't seen any of the information before despite the fact that she probably had the entire meeting's contents memorized. She would usually hold the meeting herself, but today the number cards would be joining them, so the Joker would be going incognito. The Joker was, in every single way, nonexistent, even to her Face cards, who worked to protect her. Yet at the same time, she was as real as each of them. Though I wouldn't try to poke her to make sure; things usually didn't go well when you snuck up on highly-trained people.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:49 pm

User Image
User Image

Luna and Hi looked up from their tablets when people started walking in.
"Hai Ata-cha!" Hi waved back to the brunette with red eyes.
"Hiya Davie," Luna said to the redhead who walked in behind the girl who seems to really dislike Kimei. "I'm drawing Mama-Sama!"
"I'm drawing Mama-Sama as a bunny!" Hi said right after her sister, them both holding up their tablets to show their child like drawings.
The two silverettes were the kind of people who gives nicknames to everyone. Usually the nicknames they give are based on their names, but sometimes its because of their appearances or how they act. Say for example Kimei. Her nickname is 'Boobie Lady' since she has the biggest boobs so far of the face cards.
They went back to drawing until Axel walked in. The two lifted their tablets again and showed them to the quiet guy.
"Look look quiet guy!" They both said at the same time, trying to get Axel's attention.

TkieSai

Hilarious Genius

beleiveimgothnprttyalil

Desirable Vampire

9,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:00 pm
User Image

Davion smiled at the two girls. "Very nice! You two should draw more." He treated them as they acted, and not by their actual age. It was something he thought was considerate. He took notice of Atia ignoring Kimei once again and sighed. "Ignoring her doesn't make anything better." Atia looked up and sneered. "It's none of your business." She said in a quiet and violent tone.

A Deck of Cards

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff