CHAMPIONSHIP Weekend!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cookie Icer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:31 pm
Greetings and Hello Everyone, BOY what a Divisional round we witnessed! Some are going on record saying this is arguably thee greatest Divisional Round in NFL history!

In the 4th Longest playoff game in NFL history the Ravens upset the #1 seed Broncos! Ray Lewis's career lives on for 1 more week, and Flacco will see if he can break the tie he has with Eli Manning for most road playoff victories by a QB next week. (5 a piece)

The San Francisco 49ers Kaeperknocking out the Green Bay Packers in the most lopsided game of the weekend. Colin Kaepernick breaks the NFL record for most rushing yards by a QB EVER!! The 49ers will go back to their second straight NFC title game.

The Atlanta Falcons get a huge monkey off their back by winning their first playoff game in the Mike Smith/Matt Ryan era. This also marks the first playoff victory in the long career of NFL great Tony Gonzales. Atlanta will try to make it to their second Superbowl in team history.

Finally, the Texans put up a better fight than their regular season loss to the Patriots, but still come up short as the Patriots will meet the Ravens in a repeat of last years AFC championship game. Though the Pats won last years AFC title game, but the Ravens beat New England earlier this season.

So there we go, PATRIOTS vs. RAVENS! and FALCONS vs. 49ERS!

Who wins? Who will meet up in the Superbowl? What caught your eye in the divisional round? What did you like/dislike?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:50 pm
Ravens and 49ers win, making it a Super HAR-bowl! Get it? Huh? HUH?!
All lame jokes aside, this should be an interesting championship round!
Super Bowl pick: Ravens, 35-31 over 49ers.
On a more serious note, NFL analysts on ESPN, stop saying that the Broncos lost the game for the Broncos. No, the Ravens won the game for the Ravens. Flacco had better stats than Manning in that game, and Manning didn't just make oopsies, the Ravens D FORCED TURNOVERS!!!!! GIVE THE RAVENS SOME CREDIT, YOU SONS OF MONKEY'S UNCLES!!!!  

Sincerely Metalhead

Omnipresent Genius

6,125 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Hygienic 200

Cookie Icer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:45 am
I do give the Ravens credit. Then again I'm not an ESPN analyst. So maybe I have that going for me.

Anyways, here are my picks for championship weekend.

49ers over Falcons: I'll give the Falcons credit on defense, for a unit that ranked 21st in the league in rushing yards allowed they did a fair job containing the Seattle Seahawks. Seattle and San Francisco have some of the best running offenses in the league. And while Russel Wilson rushed 7 times for 60 yards and a TD, how much damage do you think Kaepernick will do? I'm not expecting another 181 rushing yards and 2 rushing TD performance, but if he can rush for at least 100, and Justin Smith can stay healthy and effective on defense, then I see San Francisco taking this one.

FINAL SCORE: 34-26

Ravens over Patriots: Lets be honest, last year the Patriots were lucky to have made it to the Superbowl. A dropped game winning TD, and then a missed 32 yard field goal that could have sent the game into overtime, the Pats were fortunate in that game. The Ravens then turned around and beat the Patriots in the regular season, after trailing 13-0 at one point. The Ravens D has always given Tom Brady fits, and with the injury to Gronkowski, sidelining him for the rest of the playoffs, sure, I believe they will still do well in the passing game, but in the end that injury to Gronkowski will be thee ultimate difference maker.

FINAL SCORE: 30-28

The NFL Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff