Immune Support

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:16 pm
I didn't even know Oxbow made this but I'm ordering this for my girls. Mainly Blaze as she hit the 2.5yr mark and is...I suppose a senior girly now.

http://www.oxbowanimalhealth.com/products/type/detail?object=8411  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:51 pm
gonk one jar would last me 40 days! I never really gave my rats supplements before lol. I read a review that someones guinea pigs wouldnt touch it though...  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:41 pm
Cowgirl-with-heart
gonk one jar would last me 40 days! I never really gave my rats supplements before lol. I read a review that someones guinea pigs wouldnt touch it though...

Meh, it's worth a short cause it's on sale for $12 bucks and I'm gonna start by just giving it to Blaze. If I feel it helps then i'll likely just use it on my ratties after they hit 2yrs old. Since after 2yrs 80% unspayed females get tumors. Course I also plan on spaying my females from now on, but, that seems to be the magical age where the immune system gets much weaker. Especially after 2.5. Since rats typically die from either a tumor or a resp infection, I'm inclined to think this could actually help prolong their short lives, maybe just a bit.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:22 pm
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Cowgirl-with-heart

Meh, it's worth a short cause it's on sale for $12 bucks and I'm gonna start by just giving it to Blaze. If I feel it helps then i'll likely just use it on my ratties after they hit 2yrs old. Since after 2yrs 80% unspayed females get tumors. Course I also plan on spaying my females from now on, but, that seems to be the magical age where the immune system gets much weaker. Especially after 2.5. Since rats typically die from either a tumor or a resp infection, I'm inclined to think this could actually help prolong their short lives, maybe just a bit.
I tried to find a place to buy them, but I couldnt find them, I was thinking of giving them to my old girls, and my two double rex the most, but, then only 2 would not be getting them, so might as well give them to them also lol  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:23 pm
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Cowgirl-with-heart

I tried to find a place to buy them, but I couldnt find them, I was thinking of giving them to my old girls, and my two double rex the most, but, then only 2 would not be getting them, so might as well give them to them also lol also, you could get males, then you wouldnt have to worry so much about mammary tumors, and I hear they are USUALLY more chill, and you love to cuddle so it kind of fits haha  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:01 pm
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Cowgirl-with-heart

my only wonder is fenugreek is used to enlarge the glans and helps produce lactation in nursing mothers, would it or would it not cause more of a tumor issue in the unspayed females.  

Levina-jade

Lady Bunny

33,515 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:39 am
Levina-jade
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Cowgirl-with-heart

my only wonder is fenugreek is used to enlarge the glans and helps produce lactation in nursing mothers, would it or would it not cause more of a tumor issue in the unspayed females.
I've never heard of that sad I know that estrogen is the major player in tumors. Hence the spay to prevent. I guess it depends on the mode of action. Like maybe it works through vasodilation?  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games