The forbiden question

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:15 pm
This is like...the worst thing to ask but...I'm just wondering if I should take Blaze to see a vet sweatdrop

See, I found a bump near her groin, and, I was really freaked out about it being a tumor cause this was like a day after Aida passed away. So I did/said nothing. Then I noticed a lil scab over it. So was really not sure what the heck was going on. The scab started to look...almost fungal. Then I remembered I had antibiotic cream so I applied it last night. Tonight I went to apply it and just the pressure of smearing a lil on...well it started to ooozzzeee, green p***y liquid. I was like aaahhh, THATS infected. So I brought her to the bathroom and squeezed out the rest of the pus. By doing so the scab came right off and was hanging by a piece so I grabbed some tweezers, yanked the rest off. It SMELLED infected. SO I flushed the now open wound with chlorhexadine (no saline in my kit cause I never restocked) and then when I was happy with it and Blaze was totally loosing her patience. I applied some of the antibiotic cream on it. I've been told with that thick green pus it's almost always E.Coli. So I just dunno if the antibiotic I have is going to be enough. If she'll need systemic antibiotics as well. I'm really hesitant to be going off to the vet AGAIN if it's something that I can deal with. But if I'm being an idiot then please tell me. I'm going to keep flushing and using the cream I have unless it gets worse or doesn't improve in a week. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:36 pm
Sounds like an abscess. I would just flush it with saline, if it doesn't start to look better in a couple day, then I would take her to the vet.  

Whiskey On A Sunday

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:35 pm
Yea, I would give it a couple days if you trying, and see what happens...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:43 am
i would flush it yourself for a couple days and see how it goes. also remember that rats naturaly have thicker puss than we do so its going to look worse than it really is.

as for the green puss, ive had green puss a couple times and ive never felt the need to go to a doctor about it  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:43 am
Thanks guys, the fact that I KNOW it's infected I would normally go straight to a vet. But since I HAVE antibiotics still from my $500 Aida vet visits. I'm inclined to just use that and save myself the $80 consult fee. It looks pretty good today. The wound already closed. There's very minimal swelling compared to when I first noticed it. So I'll keep cleaning it and applying antibiotics and see if it just clears up.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games