Submit

merpderp19974

Shirtless Lunatic

12,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:19 pm
Well... I have a 10 month old yellow lab, who seems to be acting more and more like a two year old human... So far he's chewed the shifter in my truck, ripped up the mats, and now destroying the little pockets behind the seats. He eats everything and anything, so now when I leave him in the car while I get gas or go in somewhere really quick (5 minutes at most he's left alone), he gets a bone to chew on to keep him occupied. We freeze cow bones from this meat place that my brother and I get bulk meat at, and then give it to him as something to do in car rides and what not. Well... When he gets ANY type of bone, he drops it over. And over. He loves to show EVERYONE his bones, and will occasionally drop it on my foot while I'm at the table then lay on my foot while I'm eating dinner. I was on the floor with him today, and he grabbed a ball, was giving me kisses, and he grabbed the bone while I was texting my friend (I thought he was heading to see my brother since he was coming downstairs) and he comes and drops the bone on my forehead. Now I have about a half inch cut in between my eyebrows from one. Does anyone know if cow blood will infect a cut badly o.o? Or how to make him stop dropping them since he drops them while standing and they're heavy (Even 3 foot bones he'll whip around and drop).  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:39 pm
I would consider the cows blood [on the bone] the same as any raw meat product. I hope you at least cleaned the cut with soap and water. Putting some antibiotic ointment such as Neosporin on it should help some (check the directions about using near the eyes first). Keep an eye on the cut, and call your doctor's office right away with any signs of infection.

As for your lab pup, he definitely needs some chew toys to keep him busy. If you don't already have them, toys such as a Kong and rope tugs would be real good for him.
3nodding  

Eileen50

Distinct Trainer

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas