Welcome to Gaia! ::

River of Polls : A GUILD OF RANDOMNESS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

A random-based guild in which you may literally spam, chat, and do whatever you want. (Just follow the TOS and have fun!!!) 

Tags: Spam, Polls, Chat, Everything, Hangout, Role-playing, Role, Play, Word, Games, Quizzes, Discussion, Friends, Roleplay 

Reply River of Polls
Parents

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll
  Gold Potion
View Results

KazeRin

Hopeless Dreamer

11,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:04 am
Value them while you have them.
They're looking out for you, trying to guide you in the right direction, keep you out of harm's way, and yes occasionally they want you to help out around the house.

They have a wealth of information, tons of experiences, and grew up in a very different time and thus see the world differently. And that's not a bad thing. Trying to understand them will be a good portal into understanding others.

My mother died when I was 18. I was just starting to get on good terms with her and hadn't grown up enough to appreciate her very much.

I lost my father last weekend, though he'd been hospitalized for 10 months... over those 10 months I thought of so many things to ask him, to talk to him about, to learn from him...

Really. Seriously. Try to remind yourself that they've probably done some pretty cool stuff and know about things you don't.

Also... tell your parents to pre-arrange their funerals.
They'll pay today's rates and know you won't have to worry about it when the time comes, and know it's done the way they wanted...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:26 pm
Sorry for the loss, I'm sure he fought hard.

My parents are good people, its ridiculous how much they help out my relatives. I'm lucky they're in their early 40's and healthy.  

Dannyxcores
Crew

Shikume
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:43 pm
My condolences....

I have talked to my parents about funeral arrangements...also talked about mine...just in case.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:11 am
YOUR FATHERS DEAD? NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! crying HOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's so sad. He didn't make it from the brain problems? I think I may have a brain tumor but can't do anything. My right arm still hurts like it's broken but can't do anything about it either since I only have 30$ in my account and no healthcare. Can't do anything without no healthcare. Have to hope my arm heals or have my parents cover the scan costs. So stupid. stare I HATE THE WAY THE WORLD WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd hate it if my parents died. I'd have to cling to Blaine's place since if my mom and dad died (especially my dad since he is the one who provides the income to support my parents home) it'd be horrible. I'd have to freeload at Blaine's or Shikume's place (if she letted me, i'd get a job soon enough). But Blaine is more stable, he gets 2000$ a month and was able to support me in stuff. He's the only one in the family who can go all independent and provide for his own stuff and support people. I need to be a freaken teacher. That's why my mom is going to be a elementary teacher.  

Aoi the Crossdresser

KazeRin

Hopeless Dreamer

11,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:55 pm
Hospital complications. Infections, then pneumonia...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:35 am
KazeRin
was it all linked to his accident he had a few years ago? sad

In other words, if he didn't have that accident where he hurt his head and brain or something a few years ago, would he still be alive?  

Aoi the Crossdresser

KazeRin

Hopeless Dreamer

11,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:29 am
Aoi the Crossdresser
KazeRin
was it all linked to his accident he had a few years ago? sad

In other words, if he didn't have that accident where he hurt his head and brain or something a few years ago, would he still be alive?
It was in February. But yeah, most likely. He was kept in bed for too long after the initial event, so he lost a lot of his muscle mass, so he couldn't come home. Which meant he stayed in the hospital and then a sort of medical-care retirement home, but he kept getting infections and pneumonia.
If we were wealthy we would have brought him home and bought equipment to lift him out of bed into a chair (he was 6'2" and well-built so very heavy), and paid for a nurse to visit daily and stuff...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:07 am
I'm sorry for your loss. It sounds like you had some awesome parents.

The way I see things, the thing that makes people special to you is not their physical form, but the memories and experiences you have with them. If you had no memories or experiences with a person, they would only be a stranger.

That being said, while no new experiences can be had, the memories you have of your parents will always be there. And as long as you have and cherish those memories, your parents are never truly gone.

This must be a very hard time for you, and I am sorry that you have to go through so much.  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:33 am
*pets the rin* I'm sorry for your loss. I'd hate it if my parents died. crying I love them so much.  
River of Polls

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games