User Image User Image User Image

Loha:
He nodded to the female's words and then looked over to Haldir. "That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying to post more senteries because there seems to be unrest building. What if we have those who wish to sneak in and try to take over to expand their pride? I'm not saying go and expose ourselves. I'm saying protect the new cubs and the pride within." He wasn't stupid. He wasn't about to get caught by stepping out of the mists. On days he chanced to go to the very edge of the mist and peek through. That's how he knew about some of the lions leaving the other pride.

He hoped Kapera didn't think they were ignoring her.

Haldir:
Haldir tensed and narrowed his eyes. The pride had been invaded once before, if history was correct. They were just now finding a foothold in the lands and already they had their share of tragedy. The first female to breed had passed away in doing so, leaving a widower behind to raise her rather large litter. They were the pride's future and needed protection.

"Very well. When you go to speak with Kisulisuli be sure to make mention of that, Loha. I'll find the others and have them on alert. Surely, the captain won't be angry with us for being cautious. We may want to speak with the oracles as well. See if their special vision can give us an idea as to what to expect and when."

Kapera:
"What do you do about hunting? The area seems...very lush. But if game flees inward from an external conflict, there may be trouble still." She pointed out gently. "I'm not a pride lioness, but I do know that hunters go where there's food to be found."

Loha:
He nodded at Haldir's words and let his brows knit. He prayed the oracles saw nothing in their visions, but at the same time... This was the most excitement the pride had had since Maji had brought home the cubs. Mainly boys, if he remembered correctly.

Looking to the female, he blinked. That was a good question, honestly. "I'll let Haldir answer that one. I've been talking too muh as it is."

Haldir:
"That.. is one of our problems. We will need special training for our hunters as well as... learning how to endure the taste of fish." His nose wrinkled up. It wasn't horrible meat, but it was very difficult to catch and there were dozens of little bones that got stuck in all the worst places. Not to mention the scales, skin, and contents of their gut. It all made his stomach crawl.

Kapera:
"Well I wouldn't mind taking up a hunting position here. I have no head for direction but if I'm in a party, I'm quick on my paws." she offered with a smile. "And it's the least I can do. "

Loha
He liked the taste of fish. He had to live off of it in the rogue lands not too long ago. He ate the whole fish, guts and all. It was filling if they were big enough. Still, seeing Haldir all fussed about fish was amusing the big, brown male. Loha had to say seeing others squirm was fun. Looking to her when she poke, his ears perked up.

"Well, I'm sure there'll be room for you in the hunting parties. They're quit small, so..." He saw no reason she wouldn't be able to join one.

Haldir:
"We can always use more hunters. We Sentieniels need to keep a watch on the border so sparing even one opens a hole in our defenses." He glanced over to Loah and offered him another sharp look as a bemused smirk crossed his features. Damn him. Some days he just didn't have the mind for dealing with upstarts.

"And as my friend so...casually mentioned, there are cubs here. they need all the substance they can get. I myself plan to father a litter once my mate allows me to. Our numbers are in need of any encouraging they can get."

Kapera:
"Difficult to do with tight borders." She pointed out with a wry smirk. "But cubs are a good way to boost numbers, albet you'll have to defend them for a time before they can become productive members to a pride I would imagine. I..." She glanced over to Loha. "... I got lost as a cub. I don't know what became of my family truth be told."

Loha:
Casual? He supposed he did bring that up rather casually. Oh well. Shrugging to himself, he listened to the two and then nodded. He wanted cubs, but he would be damned if he ever found a female who wasn't going to up and have cubs with someone else. "I was lost as a cub. My mother dropped me and my brother off with some of her friends and then just wandered away. Spent most of my life trying to find her. Then just got tired of it and ..." He shrugged a little. The rest was history. HEre he was.

Kapera:
"Well then it seems we have something in common." She glanced over and offered a warm smile. "The two of us have been on our feet for so long...and it seems the two of us have decided to rest them here. It's good to know I can at least relate to someone else here."

Haldir:
"Yes well, I'm afraid I'll have to ask you both to get back on your feet. The word needs to be sent to Kisulisuli and the Oracle house. I have senteniels to assemble." He looked to Loha. "It would do well to take your friend with you. Get her familar with the place and the place familar with her. The more familar our faces are to one another, the less incidents will occur."

Loha:
He nodded to both of their words and sighed as he got to his paws. Stretching out, he looked back to the female and motioned her to follow. "Until duty, then." He said, heading towards the inner workings of the pride. He did need to go tell the captian first and formost of the visitor who wished to be a huntress for the pride.

Kapera:
"A stern fellow, isn't he?" She whispered over once they had walked safely outside of Haldir's earshot. This time, she decided to press in close to him, worried that she would get lost once more in the swirling mist of the valley. It wasn't hard to do, not during this time of day anyway. It would be something that she would grow used to but that, like everything else, would take some time.

Word Count