Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:39 pm
With just 6 days left until the surgery...Aida's tumor ruptured. crying
Woke up this morning to blood splattered in the cage. At first I thought Blaze and the new girl went at it. But neither of them appeared to be harmed. Then I knew what happened. I picked up Aida and sure enough, the skin over the tumor has SPLIT. Luckily the bleeding had already stopped. But I had an apt and then some quick school stuff to do, and she was eating and acting normal so I left. As soon as I got home around 3 I brought her to the vet. They gave me some antibiotics and prescribed some anti-inflammatories.

Just got back. Started the anti-inflammatories asap. She ate the yogurt I put it in. And now...well, now she's totally pooped, or the pain is finally getting to her. Both her sisters are cuddled up to her right now. Which sort of freaks me out. Like they clearly know something I don't...Is she in more pain than I though? Is she dying!? She's so skinny. I'm going to let her rest for now and try not to over react. But if she doesn't perk up soon I'm calling them back for either better pain meds or...well... sad  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:05 pm
If shes not on pain meds, it might be that she isnt moving a lot cause it hurts, just keep an eye on her I guess, I havent ever had one that had a tumor rupture. we did have a guinea pig that had one fall off though.  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:28 pm
Poor girl, she can't catch a break.

Hopefully the pain goes down. I'll be rooting for her.

Just take it one day at a time, don't look too far right now. Take it day by day and stay positive.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:52 am
Well the metacam finally kicked in. She seemed fine last night and this morning. I have a collection of meds for my RATS now. I've given up on trying to force her to take anything. So she gets her metacam in a bit of yogurt with some probiotics (and I think I'll go back to using the sulfatrim and throw that in her morning concoction) Then I use a touch of applesauce to give her the antibiotics an hour later. This is done morning and night plus I clean out her wound with hibitane and apply an antibiotic ointment to it. Five more days until her surgery. She's just gotta hang in there and STOP loosing weight.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:16 pm
I am glad to hear shes doing a little better, hopefully she will be completely fine in a few weeks!  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games