Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:29 am
Yup...plural, additions...

I know it's crazy with all that's going on. Especially with Aida. But...I agreed to take home a lab rat from school. We have 8 left, all females. Whoever doesn't get adopted...well they are euthanized. So, as much as it pains me to admit it, Aida doesn't have much time left. I still want to do the surgery and MAYBE, maybe she'll live another year, but maybe she'll live another 2-3 months. And then Blaze will be alone, and I have this big cage......So yeah, I agreed to take just one. She's a sprawgue dawley like the rest of em, well, I haven't picked her yet but that all look identical. So she is the typical "lab rat" all white with red eyes. I know that many people, mainly my family, will not find that cute. And I know that I could just wait till Aida passes and adopted from the SPCA. But knowing that these girls will be euthanized on Friday if no one takes them. Well, I gotta do something. At least I can save one. At least I'm not bringing them ALL home. So...I need a name. The names I've considered (keep in mind she's all white + red eyes) are Cloud and Faith (or Fate, Chance sounds like a boys name but that one seems appropriate too)

But I am a lil stressed and worried about introducing a new rat while Aida is...not feeling her best. I worry that it will stress her. I worry they won't get along. etc etc. I think I can make it work for a month or so while Aida recovers to keep the new addition in the hamster cage. After all the cage she currently lives in is not much bigger. I could start by letting her play with Blaze and then, if Aida is feeling up to it, see how she likes her. Any suggestions or advice on intros, do you think i'm right to hold off intros with Aida? Am I being paranoid?

But of course I couldn't just stop there. I mean yes, I'm stopping at one rat but...I'm also bringing home a cat. ninja She's been living at school for the past month or two and she needs to be out by Friday because there won't be anyone there to take care of her for the winter break. So from Dec 7th until Jan 8th, yup, a whole month. She'll live with me. And then, ideally, my coeworker will be able to take her home. If for whatever reason that falls through, when school starts again the following week, I'll bring her back.

Now I just have to explain this to my dad and brother....
gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:54 pm
Gonna bring home the new rat tomorrow...since I'm taking the cat home on Friday and I realized having a rat and a cat in the same car might be a TAD stressful for the rat. Need to pick up some soft paws for the cat though so I can apply them on Friday while there's students around to help. I'll grab some poor unsuspecting 1rst year and make them help me ninja  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx

Angelic Vampire

17,900 Points
  • Team Peyo 25
  • That One Hero 500
  • Super Jumper 500
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:46 am
I LOVE Pink eyed Whites (which is what she is consider) AKA Albino by many. Since she has Pink eyes she wont see as well as the other rats that you have. Rats that dont have black eyes have troubles seeing and at times they will sway their heads. But for names I really like Cloud. If you want you should look up different names that mean cloud. Its what I do when i want to name an animal a certain name. Like my black and white Irish marked Dumbo Vasvi. I wanted to name her something that means dark or night and found the name Vasvi.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:31 am
xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx
I LOVE Pink eyed Whites (which is what she is consider) AKA Albino by many. Since she has Pink eyes she wont see as well as the other rats that you have. Rats that dont have black eyes have troubles seeing and at times they will sway their heads. But for names I really like Cloud. If you want you should look up different names that mean cloud. Its what I do when i want to name an animal a certain name. Like my black and white Irish marked Dumbo Vasvi. I wanted to name her something that means dark or night and found the name Vasvi.
Actuaoly I find Aida sways her head more than these rats. I know the red eyes do not see red. That is partly why they are used in labs. We use red see through houses and the rats feel hidden but we can still watch them. I picked the girl I ear notched when they arrived. So...I'll be picking her up in the next hour or so.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:23 pm
pics!

also dont feel bad about not getting another spca rat. a forever home is a forever home and you are saving a life. plus you have history with this little girl  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:59 pm
Ok, I'd like you to meet FATE (not 100% on the name yet lol but gotta call her something)

User Image

She's all of 4 months old, which is the age Aida was when I adopted her. Her birthday is...the week Rascal passed. She was the rat I got on our first lab and I notched her ear myself. She was also...the last one left lol. But I had already thought it might be nice to have the girl I notched.

She's very skiddish. She's sweet and very manageable. But sadly the only human interaction she's had the last 4 months was to be poked and proded. She was pretty stressed about leaving her sisters and being in this new cage in a strange environment. When she saw Blaze she perked right up, so I thought what the hell, I let Blaze and Fate run around the bathroom. They seem to get along quite well. Though Fate had enough after a few minutes and crawled back into her temp cage. I'm still nervous about the intro with Aida and she's had a big day so all rats are away now.

Tomorrow I'm bringing home my foster cat... xd  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:42 pm
She's so cute biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:50 pm
ninja  

Ixelf

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:14 pm
4laugh 4laugh 4laugh does that mean all the other ones found homes? or were they put down? also I like the name Fate, or maybe Fae? shes so cute!!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:24 pm
Cowgirl-with-heart
4laugh 4laugh 4laugh does that mean all the other ones found homes? or were they put down? also I like the name Fate, or maybe Fae? shes so cute!!!!

Yes! I'm happy to report all 8 found homes! And yea I was gonna call her Fae for short.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:36 pm
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Cowgirl-with-heart

Yes! I'm happy to report all 8 found homes! And yea I was gonna call her Fae for short.
dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama yay!!!! I was so sad for them! cheese_whine cheese_whine cheese_whine cheese_whine  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:48 pm
Poor lil girl. I feel so bad she is soooo scared. She's interested in my rats but just too shy to come out. Aida lloooookkeed as if she really didn't care. I wasn't even sure she knew there was someone there at first. She seems o feel safest in the temp cage so I'm not putting her with the others yet. At least she's eating her treats  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:57 pm
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Poor lil girl. I feel so bad she is soooo scared. She's interested in my rats but just too shy to come out. Aida lloooookkeed as if she really didn't care. I wasn't even sure she knew there was someone there at first. She seems o feel safest in the temp cage so I'm not putting her with the others yet. At least she's eating her treats
poor baby gonk at least she will know love smile shes lucky!  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games