Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Etsy Showoffs~

Back to Guilds

A meeting place for Etsy sellers, and buyers to make connections. 

Tags: Etsy, crafts, online sellers, creative, shop 

Reply ~Etsy Showoffs~
One Etsy shop vs Two etsy shops

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

One or multiple Etsy shops
  One shop
  Two shops
  more shops
  Just one shop
View Results

spoofete

Sparkly Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:16 am
Ok, here is the thing. I now have become aware some people have multiple shops. I honestly like to see dedicated theme shops myself. My shop is just one and since I sew I have everything I do from bows to clothing and now dog clothing.

I thought about making a separate store just for dog clothing and the more I think about it I just may go out and do two or three different stores. Then I stop myself and think that I will loose the clients (not that they are dedicated repeat shoppers so far).

What do you think?

This is my Etsy shop

Update: i got myself another Etsy shop because I want to specialize on a theme. I do find that I sell other items that people are not looking for though on my main one now.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:45 am
spoofete
Ok, here is the thing. I now have become aware some people have multiple shops. I honestly like to see dedicated theme shops myself. My shop is just one and since I sew I have everything I do from bows to clothing and now dog clothing.

I thought about making a separate store just for dog clothing and the more I think about it I just may go out and do two or three different stores. Then I stop myself and think that I will loose the clients (not that they are dedicated repeat shoppers so far).

What do you think?

This is my Etsy shop

I'm all for just one shop, but that's me. I don't want to deal with having to manage two different stores, two different accounts, etc. If you have two extremes that won't exactly mesh, then having a 2nd store would make sense. IE if I ever bothered to do paper crafting, I would possibly consider a separate store. But, since I made my tagline be "handmade things for everyone" it covers a blanket area and allows me to make pretty much whatever I feel like. I try to at least keep things in sections and pretty much all of my things are sewn or are hand made.

I think if you feel that your dog clothing line would do better by itself, then open a 2nd shop. However, then you would end up missing potential sales on your other products with people browsing your entire shop. All depends on how much extra work you'd like to do!  

aufdeutsch

Friendly Entrepreneur

6,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

spoofete

Sparkly Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:50 am
aufdeutsch
spoofete

What do you think?

This is my Etsy shop

I'm all for just one shop, but that's me. I don't want to deal with having to manage two different stores, two different accounts, etc. If you have two extremes that won't exactly mesh, then having a 2nd store would make sense. IE if I ever bothered to do paper crafting, I would possibly consider a separate store. But, since I made my tagline be "handmade things for everyone" it covers a blanket area and allows me to make pretty much whatever I feel like. I try to at least keep things in sections and pretty much all of my things are sewn or are hand made.

I think if you feel that your dog clothing line would do better by itself, then open a 2nd shop. However, then you would end up missing potential sales on your other products with people browsing your entire shop. All depends on how much extra work you'd like to do!

That's my dilemma too about having a separate store. It's not just having to check up on the second store for potential sales. My big issue about having a second store is driving the views to it. It's costing me a lot of effort just to get the views to this one since my facebook page is dedicated just for my Etsy and I'm not using my personal facebook page where I have over 300 friends. I just have about 30 friends on my "Pretty" fb page.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:11 am
spoofete

That's my dilemma too about having a separate store. It's not just having to check up on the second store for potential sales. My big issue about having a second store is driving the views to it. It's costing me a lot of effort just to get the views to this one since my facebook page is dedicated just for my Etsy and I'm not using my personal facebook page where I have over 300 friends. I just have about 30 friends on my "Pretty" fb page.

Yeah, maintaining a variety of pages gets hard. Also the cost of promoting a bunch of different pages (either money or time variety) sometimes pulls away from being able to make new things.

I'd say see how the rest of your sales go this year, and depending on what else you end up making to then consider a new store. Otherwise, make a fun section for dogs that includes costumes/bows that fit within your theme of Pretty Elegance and that would work too! smile  

aufdeutsch

Friendly Entrepreneur

6,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

spoofete

Sparkly Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:23 am
aufdeutsch
spoofete

Yeah, maintaining a variety of pages gets hard. Also the cost of promoting a bunch of different pages (either money or time variety) sometimes pulls away from being able to make new things.

I'd say see how the rest of your sales go this year, and depending on what else you end up making to then consider a new store. Otherwise, make a fun section for dogs that includes costumes/bows that fit within your theme of Pretty Elegance and that would work too! smile

thank you  
~Etsy Showoffs~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff