Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[EM] Mad Man (Ami, Eva, Lex) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:51 pm
Quote:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Survey Mission 4D
General debriefing: A team of dedicated individuals looking to write a magazine article about the island visited the area two weeks ago. Despite search and rescue attempts, none of them have made it back alive. They have noticed however, odd dolls shaped like the team hanging from the tree branches...
* C class difficulty level (must have a team of three, at least one of them must be an intermediate trainee)

MECHANICS

* MECHANICS: RP assembling a team, as necessary, before heading towards the Lighthouse portal to request a portal to Survey Mission 4D. Once there, roll a 100-sided dice and match the roleplay to the results below, as well as any reactions. Players can continue rolling until any of the players roll a INSANITY ENCOUNTER, in which case the BATTLE PHASE begins. See below for battle phase mechanics.
1- 20: The island is extremely foggy, the ground uneven and moist. You take a few steps in the soft soil until you hear a sudden crunch. You just stepped on the glass eye of a doll.
21 - 40: You notice that the dolls look to be in varying conditions, some with maggots curling out of them while others still look oddly new and untouched. All of the new ones are missing their eyes.
41 - 60: You notice a cabin deeper on the island. Inside is a small den, a few rooms, and a statue of a wolf head, creepily enough. The trap door in the center will not open but you can hear a music coming from underneath...
61 - 80: The wind begins to pick up, as the dolls begin to stir and move, as if with a life of their own. All seems okay until - you see a new addition to the lineup of dolls. Is that a doll of YOU? It is also missing its eyes.
81- 100: BOSS ENCOUNTER:
- As you continue walking down you hear a large crack, followed by another. A strange gas explodes from underneath, making you extremely dizzy, as you cough to figure out what is going on, fighting for air now. You have exposed your entire team to a hallucinogen, making everything more terrifying than ever as your vision swims and hops uncontrollably and your hearing becomes muted. Something creaks, groans, lurches underneath you, but is that your imagination?

- BOSS MECHANICS: This boss is a mob that has collective 100 HP. Every time you attack it (following the general battle rules), you TAKE 8 damage. AS you can't really see the boss, most of it will have to be dependent on what you can see, if anything at all, from strange faceless figures lurching, half-hopping towards you to the smiling dead coming back and swiping at you. Make sure to tally the boss's total HP (the damage you did to it) at the bottom of your post as well as your total HP and the damage you did that round. If the boss's HP hits 0, you have defeated it, and your team can now take the portal back.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:07 pm
Any passing by the areas Lex usually cooped inside when he was studying would find the man there, seated in his usual chair with a large tome in his hand. They'd see his half gone cup of coffee, gone cold by now, and they'd see his coat and scarf hung on the side of the couch. A familiar picture for those who even bothered with looking around.

If anyone actually ventured inside, they'd find the Life hunter wasn't actually poring through the book, softly saying it's words out loud. He was just blankly staring, wondering about Kat and Ryan's fate; as with the others who Caelius had listed. No public executions yet, so maybe...maybe they were still all alive.

He shook his head, trying to focus back in on how the human brain processed emotional information.

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:32 pm
Ami knew the details. Not because she cared that it was Lex, but because her mind simply took in observations. The scarf had been missing for a while, so to see it hanging like a flag on the mast once more was relieving. Annoying, but relieving. If Lex was okay, Wilson might have a chance.

Lex needed a talking to though. To put so many hunters in danger was a serious problem, especially as a trainee.

She didn't walk in screaming and yelling, that wasn't Ami at all. There was just an apparent annoyance, like a big cloud around her. She found him sitting there, doing nothing and looking terrifyingly lifeless. Admittedly, he'd been through a bit of a ... scare, but that didn't warrant laziness and entitlement.

"I didn't know that filling out a report meant you inherited a tortoise's lifestyle." Her voice rung out in the silence of Lex's workspace, breaking whatever he'd been thinking about. "Did the Doctor have a rare bought of forgiveness? Or maybe Caelius was just feeling nice today." Nothing like a little salt in the wounds to start off a nice, friendly conversation.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:46 pm
Tome snapped shut the second she started talking, it was put on the floor next to the chair, with a clam smile, the same smile Ami would see looking up at her as she addressed him. He really wasn't in the mood for her attitude today; but he couldn't help but appreciate the irony - she calling him a turtle now. Quaint. He got up, stretched, and downed his cold coffee as he paced to the other side of the small space, leaning on a wall as he faced the woman.

"Studying isn't having the life style of a tortoise, my dear." He said, shaking his head. He'd actually gone out and sought help; talked to people about his feelings. He didn't need the winner of the tortoise of the year award telling him he was retreating into his shell.

Still, he gave her a smile. "Apparently both of them are in odd moods. The rumor mill isn't abuzz with weaponless hunters and public executions yet; so I'm assuming everyone is okay." He told her, the usual mirth in his voice dipping a little.

He'd been repeating that in his head all day to cope.

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:17 pm
"Lex," she said squarely, giving him a flat look. "I'd like to think I know reading better than most, and that was not reading." A slight smile came to her face as she teased him. It didn't particularly matter what he was doing, she was just glad he wasn't staring off into space like that anymore. It was creepy.

Ohhh right. Public executions. "Yes ... I assume you're already pretty guilt ridden, withering away here in your chair like an old apple, but really," Ami gave him a stern look. "What did you think would happen when you wrote something like that? We don't protect those monstrosities, history as a hunter or not. You put a lot of peoples' lives in danger." More importantly, Wilson's, but that was another matter. "Including your own."

She hesitated, putting a tiny hand on his arm. "I'm not going to sit here and scold you, but it's like I've said from the day I met you, Lex. Following orders is the number one rule." Lips pulled tight as she frowned. He was only a trainee, and he'd already lost his weapon once and been a hair away from death. Perhaps she was being a bit harsh? He'd probably sat here all morning feeling horrible. He was human after all. Well, not quite human, but close enough.

Her face softened and she squeezed his arm lightly. "I have little doubt that the tortoise has had time to realize such matters as he ambles slowly down the beaten cobble." A much gentler smile crossed her face, not friendly, but certainly not hard and cold. "Are you okay?"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:15 pm
Lex only sighed as she began what he thought was going to be a lecture. Yes, he was feeling rather guilty, and yes, he did realize he put a lot of people's lives in danger, including his own. He shook his head a little, smile becoming more of a soft upturning of his lips. Of course - follow orders, get things done, don't paint a target on yourself.

He was surprised that she was actually making some kind of effort with him, actually finding it in herself to make a comforting gesture at him. He smiled at the thought, but sighed again.

No, he was not okay. He just wanted to do something worthwhile while he was still alive on the island, not put a people in danger because he let his emotions get in the way of his work. But what was the alternative? Become a hollow robotic person that just let bad things happen and move on without any remorse?

No, he wouldn't be that person - but that person was also an extreme. He needed to find some kind of balance; but mostly he needed to learn his lesson and move on.

"I'm...fine." Not good, not great, but fine. That would work, right? "I think I just need to get away from the situation for a bit, or something."

The sad thing? Lex never quit smiling during his entire mental discourse.

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:27 pm
The hand dropped quickly as Lex confirmed he was okay. Ami was suspicious that not everything was okay, but the smile convinced her otherwise. Ami couldn't see past the facade, not when Lex wore it so carefully. If he said he was okay, then he was okay.

"I can't help you with Caelius, that happens to be out of my hands," Ami admitted. The looming death sentence was one that even she was powerless against. "But the second one I can help with."

She held up a set of folders she'd been carrying, clearly marked in neat cursive. "Does a murder mystery on an island sound tempting enough?." Ami looked at Lex, gesturing that he follow her as she walked towards the door. "Writers have been disappearing. Dolls made in their likeness are found hanging from trees."

She looked at Lex with utter seriousness. "Not terriby exciting I'm afraid, but ... I can't ignore it either." There were writers in danger. One of her kind. "Perhaps you could invite a friend? I don't want you to feel awkward."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:31 pm
Sometimes Lex was too good of a liar; too well trained of an actor. Sometimes his walls needed to topple down, and destroy the glass house. Right now, though? Not going to happen.

The mission sounded interesting enough, and he nodded, chuckling a bit. Even if Ami could be a bit of a rain cloud, which she actually wasn't being today, he was glad she was around to help him in her own way. "I did always enjoy a good Holmes story." He added, pulling out his phone.

She'd said to invite someone, so...why not Eva? He hadn't spoken to her yet, and she was one of the ones he'd ratted out. They could talk it out over the mission, plus her pep would be nice. Well...if she was peppy at all right now.

Sighed, he typed out his message.

Kaiyumi
Message from Lex: Hey Eva, could you meet Ami and I at the Lighthouse portals in about 15 minutes?

With that done, he looked to Ami again, smiling. "I feel like you'd be the one would feel awkward in the situation; but hey - safety in numbers." He shrugged, gathered his coat and scarf, and began his way towards the Lighthouse. "Are you approved for bandages?"  

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:04 pm
Eva took it as a good sign that both she and Gale were still alive. For one thing, this meant that they had (hopefully) passed the second chance task. For another this, this (also hopefully) meant that everyone else was still safe and sound as well.

Except Ryan and Kat. Gale had led her away and out of the room before they had had a chance to find out what the fates of those two were, but even Eva was not so blindly optimistic to assume that Caelius would forgive them. Her heart ached at the thought of the pair being sent off to a dangerous place--or worse--but before she could dwell on these thoughts, she was suddenly startled out of her thoughts by the buzzing of her phone. A quick glance determined that she had received a text from Lex. Almost immediately, she fired off a reply.

Carhop Calvalier
Message from Eva: Sure, sounds fine with me! I'll be there.

Eva definitely owed Otto--had he not kept her company (and kept her sane) for the past 24 hours or so, she sincerely doubted that she would have been in any state to do anything right now. Instead, despite her lingering fears, she was feeling pretty good, and spending some time working with Lex and Ami would definitely help her mood.

And so, when the allotted 15 minutes had passed, Eva arrived at the lighthouse with a bright smile.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:11 pm
Ami always felt awkward among people, so Eva or not, it would be awkward. At least she knew the person he was texting, it would certainly ease the awkwardness. An eyebrow cocked at Lex enjoying Sherlock Holmes. Somehow she doubted he actually read those, but it was an interesting point nonetheless. She kept walking, nodding at the question about bandages, so they swung by the runic bank and she grabbed a set.

They arrived at the lighthouse and Ami explained the situation. Island, dolls, etc. She seemed to put extra poignancy on the fact that it was writers being killed.

"If there are no questions, we can go?"

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:25 pm
Greetign Eva with a small hug and a smile, Lex listened as Ami explained the situation for the other young woman. Ah - there she went emphasizing the part about killing writers. He knew that Ami liked books, but apparently she really liked books.

It would make sense though - books allowed you to escape to different realms, where people weren't dying all around you, and you didn't have to learn morals the hard way. It was nice to just escape every once in a while, he supposed.

"I think we're good to go." He responded, a little more chipper now that he wasn't alone to brood.

Turning to Eva, he gave the girl a sheepish smile, bowing his head in mild shame. "Sorry for mentioning you in my report, Eva." The corners of his mouth twisted as he apologized, almost making a frown. "I didn't think he would react like that - if anything, I thought Caelius would just threaten me. I didn't really realize the kind of authority he had when it came to dispatching Hunters."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:34 pm
The young woman beamed when the two arrived, and she was quick to return Lex's hug and flash Ami a smile. Her expression quickly molded into something more solemn as the other woman gave her a quick run-down on the mission though, the corners of her lips tugging downwards in a frown. Ick, this sounded like one hell of a mission all right, and...was it just her, or did Ami seem particularly put out about something? She definitely seemed to be emphasizing the fact that they were writer who had gone missing...

Welp, maybe she was imagining it. With a grin, Eva lifted a hand to her head in a mock salute. "No questions! I'm ready when you guys are."

Her gaze flickered to the man at his suddenly apology, and after blinking up at him owlishly for a moment, she laughing and shook her head. "Nah, it wasn't your fault! He would have picked me out anyways." She gave him a friendly slap on the shoulder, and then sighed, her smile turning wry, "I told you that he was an a** though."

But enough about that! Turning to Ami, she winked, dropped down into a flourishing bow, and gestured to the portal. "Shall we?"

Kaiyumi

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:51 pm
Ami tilted her head. So Eva was friends with Lex? She stood quietly as they exchanged apologies and acceptance. It was always odd seeing people you knew and finding out they knew each other.

She nodded, but grimaced at Eva's fluorished bow. It was embarrassing, and childish. She nodded nonetheless and headed through the portal, not saying any words of encouragement or reassurance. It just wasn't her style.

When she stepped through, it wasn't unlike the island she was coming from. Same sandy shores, same island culture. A little wilder, a little more ominous. Nothing she couldn't handle though. Unless there were bugs. Then they were done for. "This certainly feels cozy."

Carhop Cavalier rolled 1 100-sided dice: 98 Total: 98 (1-100)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:19 am
Before entering the portal, Lex gave Eva a small smile at her comment about Caelius. "Yeah, he is a pretty massive jerk."

Once through the portal, Lex gave a sniff of the air, smiling at the scent of the sea. They had it on the island all the time, but he never really got to appreciate it. The salty aroma mixed with the kelp that littered the shore, almost reminding the man of sushi.

Note to self: Get some sushi if leave is ever granted.

Stepping off shore a little, the Life trainee quickly found a bunch of baby dolls strung up by a clothes line. Alright, creepy factor just went up by about a million percent. Regal was summoned instantly, and Lex started creeping forward, trigger finger already applying minimal pressure.

CRACK.

He reacted to the noise, scurrying away.

CRACK. CRACK. CRACK.

HISSSSSSSS.

Gas was pouring out from underneath the ground, hazing up and flooding his nostrils with a noxious odor, triggering a fit of coughing and wheezing. With bleary eyes he looked out, only to see something that had him gagging.

Some kind of industrial age macabre horror made up of a massive baby doll's head and torso, dragging itself by it's arms, exposing a long train of black sludge - almost like a disgustingly bloated slug's tail. Vents and shafts covered the train, spilling out more black ooze as it continued dragging itself along.

What...what on earth..." He groaned, covering his mouth with his scarf; the thing smelled as bad as it looked.

"F-fall back! Find tactical co-cover!" He stammered between coughs, running towards the beach and away from the stench - hopefully.

BOSS HP: 100

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

Kaiyumi rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 4 Total: 10 (2-20)

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:07 am
She jumped in last after the others, and upon arriving on the island, it didn't take her longer than a few seconds to summon Chara at the ready. Geez, that was an unsettling silence. She wasn't sure why--maybe it was just because of the quick debriefing Ami had given her about the dolls--but she definitely felt as if they should be expecting something. At the very least, it would be wise for them to keep their guard up--oh god, there were the dolls right there a little off in the distance. She moved to follow after Lex with her weapon at the ready as the man crept forward, only to freeze as she caught the sound of something cracking, followed shortly after by a long, persistent hiss.

Ah, crap.

She tried to fling the sleeve of her coat over her nose and mouth, but it did little to protect her from the gas. Eyes watering and head pounding with a sudden headache, she quickly tried to take a few steps back in hopes that she could back herself out of range. Unfortunately, it was at that moment that she heard Lex's order and looked up, squinting as she tried to see past the cloud of gas. What was...?

Oh god. She could hardly make it out, and her head was spinning, but it looked as if there was something dragging itself towards them. With a newfound desperation, she scanned her surrounding area as best she could. Where could she run? And were the other two okay? "A...A-ami! Ami, a-are you...?" Coughing violently, she tried to search for the other woman's figure in the haze. For all she knew, she could have been farther out and safe, or--

--Damnit! Eva let out a sharp gasp as something struck out at her, her eyes filling with tears as the gas filled her lungs. Coughing violently, she instinctively swung Chara out, feeling a grim sense of satisfaction as it made contact with something.

HP: 42/50
Damage: 4
Boss HP: 96

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out